Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

October 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

vor 4 Stunden schrieb [DE]Connor:

Once again, there are even fewer changes this round than our last wave of changes in July. Melee 3.0 changes are still in the pipeline, so we’ll have to wait a bit longer before those changes commence. 

we have heard this for over a year now and had 3 or 4 disposition changes since then. Melee dispositions should change aswell.

Please stop nerfing rivens based on usage and actually test to see if the weapon is trivializing the game with a riven equipped.

Pyrana prime was fine and even if you nerf the riven to the ground I will still use it because it it is a fun gun without gimmicks like self damage that are not fun. You are just wasting people's time and kuva (and plat for those who buy rivens) by doing this. Some of the issues with weapons being op and making other weapons obsolete are due to the stats of the weapon and not the riven. In other words people will continue using weapons like tigris prime because it is powerful by itself (and a pretty fun weapon for many).

Play test the weapons with rivens please before nerfing instead of looking at usage graphs and don't just base it off the most powerful 3 positive 1 neg best stat rivens. Not everyone has those lol

Edit: Also there should be a better minimum cap. If rivens get nerfed enough they become useless unless you got the best stats.

Gosh they are just so mad the good guns are good.

"Why do people use the good guns? How about, instead of improving other guns, we just make this weird side end-game portion suck for the good guns?"

"Couldn't we just make game modes that encourage weapon types? Like, a level where you don't want to shoot certain enemies, where Arca Plasmor and the Ignis are less desirable?"

"no"

"What about an enemy like the nullifier that requires lots of tiny individual hits by capping damage or something?"

"For the last time, we're busy making another sandbox nobody asked for, we can't actually improve the game. SO shut about making energy leechers have tethers and help me record this voice line we'll mangle in post processing."

1 minute ago, Komodo_Saurian said:

How about they buff other snipers so they can compete instead of bringing the best one down repeatedly?

Making weapon X worse isn't going to make me stop using it if the weapons Y and Z are still trash.

Simple, because none of them NEED the buffs. and all of them are still used with enough regularity as not to warrant increasing the disposition. as per how disposition is decided. I still have my lanka, its Riven disposition hasnt improved for a long time, but its still a perfectly powerful weapon that deals punishing damage. the whole reason rubico started out so meta was because prior to prime, noone used it so prime launched with a crazy high riven disposition in accordance with that.

Furthermore since, to my knowledge changes in riven dispositions dont instantly nerf all rivens rolled retroactively, (if i remember right there was an official red text or update post way back when that clarified that) for the most part, the already owned rivens should still be very powerful. and even if they werent. Its just riven disposition, for snipers which in my play experience have rarely *needed* rivens to be servicable in game for most forms of content. the weapons themselves arent being nerfed. just the riven disposition. and we all knew rivens were going to fluctuate regularly indefinitely. DE had only told us this several times before during and after riven disposition changes.

4 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Once again, there are even fewer changes this round than our last wave of changes in July. Melee 3.0 changes are still in the pipeline, so we’ll have to wait a bit longer before those changes commence. 

Thanks for reading!

Don't worry. Despite it being fewer changes, it's still the same level of disappointment and confusion from the past times. I have come to expect this from the staff where riven disposition changes occur.

You know, I thought about doing another one of my 7-day kuva farms before the year ends. You know, spend alot of time playing Warframe.

But Destiny 2 is out.

2 minutes ago, Desdemona-XI said:

Simple, because none of them NEED the buffs. and all of them are still used with enough regularity as not to warrant increasing the disposition. as per how disposition is decided. I still have my lanka, its Riven disposition hasnt improved for a long time, but its still a perfectly powerful weapon that deals punishing damage. the whole reason rubico started out so meta was because prior to prime, noone used it so prime launched with a crazy high riven disposition in accordance with that.

Furthermore since, to my knowledge changes in riven dispositions dont instantly nerf all rivens rolled retroactively, (if i remember right there was an official red text or update post way back when that clarified that) for the most part, the already owned rivens should still be very powerful. and even if they werent. Its just riven disposition, for snipers which in my play experience have rarely *needed* rivens to be servicable in game for most forms of content. the weapons themselves arent being nerfed. just the riven disposition. and we all knew rivens were going to fluctuate regularly indefinitely. DE had only told us this several times before during and after riven disposition changes.

All rivens roll the same base numbers, they are just multiplied by the disposition of the specific weapon. So yes, old rivens are changed retroactively.

Rivens used to be my endgame, I invested a great deal of time in rolling Rubico and Arca Plasmor rivens, and getting ones I felt were ideal (100s of hours, might have broke 1k just on kuva farming). Now, Rubico disposition has been nerfed with EVERY dispo change. As a result I no longer have an endgame, I can't justify sinking time and resources into rivens if their disposition is this volatile. I like the limit of .2 disposition change per dispo update, but imo there needs to be an overall limit as well, say a rivens disposition will never be reduced by more than .4 of its initial value. 

why im not surprised kitguns nerf and rubico nerf again and some other weapons were weak already and now they are almost wiped out even worse i see few people are mad now i think *cough cough* the rivens are dying slowly and all the work people did on getting good rolls on their rivens are now 0.5 dispo Facepalm

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, Desdemona-XI said:

Rubico gets the nerf because its the most over-used sniper. seriously, rubico is used more than any sniper by a considerable margin and has been since rubico prime came out. befor then it was lanka that was on the regular nerf.

I have a rubico Prime with riven, but the truth is This is balanced. rubico's so damn powerful overused and part of the meta, that ofcourse its riven disposition was doomed to diminish. 

It shouldn't be about usage anymore... DE did say they're were using a 'baseline' and realistically if the rubico is affected the others main snipers should be as well.

45 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

Why? I can give you the list of dispo adjustmens for the next round in 3 months.

Reveal hidden contents

Acceltra will be the star.

This is self-imposed misery.

Don't be too proud of this technological witticism you've constructed. The ability to belittle a comment is insignificant next to the power of the Force…of us complaining togheter. I find your lack of faith disturbing.

1 minute ago, Komodo_Saurian said:

All rivens roll the same base numbers, they are just multiplied by the disposition of the specific weapon. So yes, old rivens are changed retroactively.

I stand corrected, but in my mind its still irrelevant, I havent seen the absolute worst riven disposition in practice yet i dont think but i can say that the stat buff on my rubico prime is still nice. its still a buff beyond base stats. and frankly the base stats, and weapon handling were enough to keep it as popular as it is. and if the riven disposition ever really gets that bad (which i dont know if it can) I'll just stop using a riven on it and adjust my build accordingly. Rivens werent meant to be mandatory parts of peoples builds for this exact reason.

the whole point of rivens was to balance out the field at the levels with a riven in play. unpopular weapons would get a shot at better stats to bring them in line with weapons that already were exceptional. in the case of fulmin and rubico i personally think that the 'nerf' is well deserved. both weapons perform exceptionally well without a riven for just about any level of content. so why should their disposition be higher? especially when their power is calling players to flock to them in droves. I wont say that the system is flawless but it is what it is, considering these comments are 90% "you nerfed my op weapon I hate it." I am also seeing very few actual suggestions as to how to improve disposition adjustments. we also dont Have the same game information logged to review as DE does.

as for why nerfing them rather than buffing the lesser used ones? well as this list shows buffs were distributed so that argument is a little flawed there, but the short answer is Warframe already has a problem with power creep. a problem made worse by the indefinite delay/cancellation of damage 2.0 along with the less-than-ideal enemy scaling that many have been complaining about for years now, also buffs are flags to lead players to play weapon z. rather than trying weapons B through G to see what ones they actually like. Hystrix was overlooked for quite a while for example but ive noticed its popularity rise relatively recently. more than ive seen it rise for quite some time. but i cant say my experience mirrors the game as a whole. my region, my clan, my alliance, and my random pubs are not the same as others.

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

It shouldn't be about usage anymore... DE did say they're were using a 'baseline' and realistically if the rubico is affected the others main snipers should be as well.

I dont disagree, but the question is are the other main snipers in need of further nerfs or are they alright where they are? lanka got nerfed halfway to the ground before rubico prime came along. and frankly its a way less pleasant weapon to actually use.

based off of my experience, i would say that the other snipers are more or less in an acceptable place for this round, i see them quite rarely in others hands, and no particular ones often enough to warrant a pattern of favoritism. especially considering the number who simply dont like snipers and how they handle or how unweildy they can be for close quarter missions or inefficient for more horde-y runs. snipers are strong sure, but generally I only see them used when there's a heavy to take down. which is the point of the weapon class to begin with.

Archived