Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

saryn rework when?

agentkido

2 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Ember still wrecks low-level trash and never scaled that good. But I remember people were hopping on Incursion Defence. 4 Embers stood in 4 corners with WoF on, AFK ofc.

She was just a brainless AoE machine. And people asked for it. And DE delivered.

I'd be totally fine with any changes with this game if it was DE's and DE's only unspoiled decision.

So again...

... says who?

Again... DE, thats why she is getting another rework, just like Ash got his.

Il y a 9 heures, Miyabi-sama a dit :

So again...

... says who?

Says me. Good luck quoting any dev saying that their main purpose is to create lazy frames for lazy players and ruining other players experience in the process.

Saryn is fine, players are idiots.

Edited by 000l000

4 hours ago, 000l000 said:

Says me. Good luck quoting any dev saying that their main purpose is to create lazy frames for lazy players and ruining other players experience in the process.

Saryn is fine, players are idiots.

I have a issue with that statement.

Are we ideots because we liked the frame more when you actually had to work for your damage as a player where the non ideots did no damage at all? Is it such a unrelistic concenpt this days that everything that needs to be actively played for the best results is only for ideots(it actually does apear to me more and more to be that way over the course of years playing the game)?

Why is bringing a specific weapon for AOE Toxic transfers and another for armor strip(that does no AOE damage with the frame) or to deal with toxic ancinets only for ideots and the clever people need to have that all build into her ability, so they do not have to think about this issues and understand how more ballanced frames are actually played for damage at high levels?

Edited by Djego27
  • Like 5

Saryn is no fun. This game is turning into Sarynframe. Why use any other frame? Everyone can be Saryn! Just hit 1 and 4 over and over. Win! So, there are a few edge cases where she isn't as useful but since 99% of the game is fighting hordes of enemies, Saryn pretty much dominates. It's unbalanced and sucks the fun right out a game where most of what you do is fight massive mobs.

1 hour ago, FlyerXL said:

Saryn is no fun. This game is turning into Sarynframe. Why use any other frame? Everyone can be Saryn! Just hit 1 and 4 over and over. Win! So, there are a few edge cases where she isn't as useful but since 99% of the game is fighting hordes of enemies, Saryn pretty much dominates. It's unbalanced and sucks the fun right out a game where most of what you do is fight massive mobs.

its actually a bit sad i had to remove alot of range to make saryn even enjoyable to play. she needs a pretty severe range nerf or LoS.

On 2019-10-02 at 5:38 PM, agentkido said:

the frame is so overpowered for almost all content(not including eidolons and profit taker) that its not even fun to run around hydron leveling anymore, you go in there youll most likely 9/10 times. if u go to onslaught its about 99% of the time theres a saryn right there with you. im not saying nerf her into the ground but come on shes clearly overpowered to the point everyone just uses her as a nuke and it ruins the point of the co-op squad. am i wrong? whats other peoples thoughts on this?

was it ever?

Right now, rework priority is being given to warframes that are severely underpicked, though I do agree that Saryn does need a rework simply due to how overwhelming she can be for other players when she's in the game. I don't think it's ever healthy for a single frame to be able to constantly kill enemies through walls, and unfortunately right now Saryn is just about the best at doing so, which also makes her dominate ESO to an absurd degree. Many players on these threads counter that she deserves to do so because her kit requires complex management, but from personal experience I don't think that's true (you just lay down Spores and either spam 4 or run around with an Ignis, and if you run out of enemies you can just find another and cast 1 again at little cost), and at worst her problems only come from when she gets too strong for her own good, and ends up killing enemies faster than they spawn.

In this respect, what I think would solve two of her biggest problems, i.e. her fire-and-forget mass murder and the fickleness of her plague, would be to prevent her Spores from dealing lethal damage, even if they could still bring enemies to 1 health: on one hand, this would mean she wouldn't be able to kill enemies without being aware of her presence, at least not without using her 4, but on the other it would also mean that her plague wouldn't decay unless there really were no enemies around at all. Rather than be a one-frame continuous nuke, she'd still be the best kill enabler in the game (especially considering how easily she strips enemies of armor and halves their health), and would still have an incredibly easy time killing enemies herself. Thus, playing with her would likely feel more fun, as she would be adding to the gameplay of her allies instead of taking it away, and playing her outside of ESO would likely also feel smoother, as her plague wouldn't run out quite so often in most missions.

Saryn is fine as she is. Let DE focus their time on bringing other forgotten frames up to speed. I'll say what others have said previously: 'Play Solo or use Recruit Chat' if a Saryn is "stealing" your "fun". Especially in Sanctuary Onslaught or on Hydron where players value efficiency. There are better frames to use outside of those missions so nerfing her due to areas that compliment her abilities is a pretty silly idea.  

Edited by Azrael_V

I don’t understand. Take a max range Mag with you to ESO VS a Saryn. You will get more focus than the Saryn using her 1 and 3. It is obviously situational dependent like all things in this game is but Saryn is not, by any means, OP. The mods people build her with is what make her OP. But that takes work and effort. 

I get that the title is heresy and I dont like the idea of nerfing things in a (mostly) pve game but playing with saryns is just not fun and the worst part is I see saryns in almost all game modes, I play alot of dps frames and not alot of cc frames thats just my play style, I also dont have a problem with mesa, shes 1. satisfying to play 2. her powerful cc needs alot of energy and 3. yeeeeehaw.

I think saryn is a great frame and all but her 4 is so easy to spam ( just use streamline and fleeting expertise), can we just nerf the range or the make her 4 require more energy or hell add a cool down timer.

I just wanna to shoot things again gez

20 minutes ago, toxic_degenerate said:

I get that the title is heresy and I dont like the idea of nerfing things in a (mostly) pve game

this line right here is ridiculous. as long as this game has the tag multiplayer or even online coop, it has to have balance passes regardless of being PVP or PVE. this is not a single player game.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

this line right here is ridiculous. as long as this game has the tag multiplayer or even online coop, it has to have balance passes regardless of being PVP or PVE. this is not a single player game.

ah, so you do agree that saryn should get nerfed and restore warframes "balance"

10 minutes ago, toxic_degenerate said:

ah, so you do agree that saryn should get nerfed and restore warframes "balance"

i agreed many saryn threads ago. its not just a saryn problem though. AOE skills can be lethal without killing the map. pablo over buffed. damaging aoe powers in general need a range nerf. this includes octavia, equinox, volt to name a few.

Edit: adding LoS will go a long way.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 2

On 2019-10-02 at 11:38 AM, agentkido said:

the frame is so overpowered for almost all content(not including eidolons and profit taker) that its not even fun to run around hydron leveling anymore, you go in there youll most likely 9/10 times. if u go to onslaught its about 99% of the time theres a saryn right there with you. im not saying nerf her into the ground but come on shes clearly overpowered to the point everyone just uses her as a nuke and it ruins the point of the co-op squad. am i wrong? whats other peoples thoughts on this?

All warframes are overpowered.  All can be built to tank and nuke simultaneously.  Stop whining and up your arsenal.  If you dont know how then you have some learning to do about the game.

So sick of people that don't understand basic mechanics whining about saryn... dude your melee can out dps and outkill saryn... learn the game and git gud.   Nobody crying about this should ever be taken seriously.

Pro hint: spores don't spread if you kill faster than she does and you can do this on every board... maybe not you, but anyone can if they take the time to l2p

Edited by Klokwerkaos
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

All warframes are overpowered.  All can be built to tank and nuke simultaneously.  Stop whining and up your arsenal.  If you dont know how then you have some learning to do about the game.

So sick of people that don't understand basic mechanics whining about saryn... dude your melee can out dps and outkill saryn... learn the game and git gud.   Nobody crying about this should ever be taken seriously.

Pro hint: spores don't spread if you kill faster than she does and you can do this on every board... maybe not you, but anyone can if they take the time to l2p

do you even hear yourself? this is an mulitplayer/coop game. 1 person should not be able to do the job of 4 people leaving the other 3 with not much else to do than picking up loot. i think its you who has not a clue about how multiplayer mechanics work.

its funny you suggest working against a team memeber just to have something to do. you obviously have nothing of any kind of importance to add.

As mentioned earlier, Saryn is only strong in one thing - killing trash mobs. And coincidentally, it's a big part of the game. That is, you can nerf sarin, but the best solution is to develop the game in a different direction. Saryn has one problem - she's too strong and she can't stop. It could be used against her in the future. For example, system reflect damage works poorly only against mobs. Think about it, and better imagine a world full of dead saryn.

Edited by zhellon

3 minutes ago, toxic_degenerate said:

oh yeah we should all git gud and press 1 then 4 then 4 then 4 and wait for it.. then 4

I was about to make a joke regarding wishing Dark Souls were that hard. But then I remembered Katana users and their R1 spam.

Warframe confirmed just as difficult as Dark Souls, le gasp?

2 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Think about it, and better imagine a world full of dead saryn.

You have to die to reach that sort of heaven. :clem: