Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Older player (57) etiquette question.

(PSN)spdwyblu05xrun

Question

When another player stands in front of me and does the "up and down" thing ....what does that mean? I can understand if I lay on the ground dying, one would say: "well, he was t-bagging you, Bob." But that's not it. It was after a sortie rescue. Lua, no less, and we were waiting on the platform to extract when a Rhino approached me and did " the thing". Now, am I insulting people when I don't do "the thing" in return? Or should I just do "the thing" when somethig really good happens? Like the 1st try on a Lua rescue sortie. Thanks in advance for explaining "the thing" to an old Tenno fart.

• Like 2

There's about three reasons why..

1. It's an insult...Usually this occurs because in their heads they've beaten you to the end in a race you didn't know you were racing...This is most of the time rapid and aggressive in your personal space...

2. It's a High Five..or a hello...Usually slower and not in your personal space...

3. It's a sexual deviant troll trying to weird you out by smelling your digital crotch area...they usually are crouched and trying to get their face into your lower extremities  wherever you go...

Welcome to PUGs...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Was there maybe an Octavia around? Because then, tea bagging becomes a stealth tool 😛 

But yeah, it was most likely just a greeting / "yo we did it good job bruh" thing.

No, no Octavia in the squad. I do it myself for her invis. So it was just Rhino being happy/friendly. Ok, that clears it up. Thanks for the help everyone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)spdwyblu05xrun said:

When another player stands in front of me and does the "up and down" thing ....what does that mean? I can understand if I lay on the ground dying, one would say: "well, he was t-bagging you, Bob." But that's not it. It was after a sortie rescue. Lua, no less, and we were waiting on the platform to extract when a Rhino approached me and did " the thing". Now, am I insulting people when I don't do "the thing" in return? Or should I just do "the thing" when somethig really good happens? Like the 1st try on a Lua rescue sortie. Thanks in advance for explaining "the thing" to an old Tenno fart.

... That's... Someone confusing a bowel breakdown with a mental breakdown. I wouldn't worry about it, and I strongly suggest not to do the same.

Game has emotes to be used, two or three of which are meant to greet other players. When someone does that, assume that they're either making fun of you (in case you're participating in the Conclave), being annoying 'till no end (which has no game mode limits) or confusing a bowel injected mental breakdown (which is usually more frequent than credits being dropped)...

... It can also mean something else, but I believe its too offensive to even mention it here, since minors can read the forums just fine...

Edited by Uhkretor

T-bagging, as an insult, happens only if you are down (waiting for revive / dead) and someone is doing the "up and down" thing right above your body to show dominance.

If someone is doing a "up and down" gesture in front of you, it's usually just a greeting if not drawing your attention.

This is a common gesture developed from games without convenient in-game chat or emotion.  It happens a lot in such games and the polite way to answer is "up and down" back.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

12 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

T-bagging, as an insult, happens only if you are down (waiting for revive / dead) and someone is doing the "up and down" thing right above your body to show dominance.

I prefer to spam fireworks and make it a spectacle.

mmh, if you aren't dead, 'teabagging' is then pretty much universally either 'hello' (or sometimes checking if someone is AFK i guess) or 'the friendly dance'.

(to elaborate, 'friendly dance' usually comes from PvP games, usually ones with no Teams and are totally Free For All - the 'friendly dance' is a check whether someone has hostile intentions against you, generally if someone intends to be hostile, they won't do said 'dance' if you look at them since it's generally a tactical disadvantage.)

Edited by taiiat

I do all kind of silly S#&$ waiting at evac if the rest of the team is slower or if i did a few runs with the same people. 

The crouch dance is kind of a budding ritual. As in i acknowledge you as a worthy fellow tenno. 

The moment i don't do that is when you gotta start thinking about your wrongdoings. 

Edited by Autongnosis

7 minutes ago, reaver894 said:

More to the point, always nice to see older gamers in these things. good on you 🙂

Ah he's a young pup! Great to see you asking questions though. As a fellow old guy I am always curious when someone leaves the group as soon as we start - did I do something wrong? I mean none of us have really done anything yet......

2 minutes ago, cmacq said:

Ah he's a young pup! Great to see you asking questions though. As a fellow old guy I am always curious when someone leaves the group as soon as we start - did I do something wrong? I mean none of us have really done anything yet......

Can be a number of things, personally if I do it, its for one of a couple of reasons. I forgot to change to invite/friends only or I have the wrong setup/frame.

3 hours ago, cmacq said:

If you are doing fissures some people enter random missions, check if the other 3 players have a relic they are interested in, if not, they leave. Otherwise i sometimes leave when doing sorties and i don't notice it's a spy until already in game, so i leave and set mission on solo. Some even quits if the other players have very low mr.