Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, the new melee system is OP

Mr.Fluffins

1 hour ago, George_PPS said:

Two friends were excited to join Warframe after I told them how great the game was.  Now I think I’ll just let them know what has actually been done to the game and that I am uninstalling the game and playing something else if they want to join me. I feel that I can’t take all these nerfs anymore. 

Spotted the spin-to-winner and Catchmoon user.

For real though, have you actually tried the update? Tried all the melee weapon types? Tried something new other than the two above? I've been playing since 2013, and weapons I haven't touched in years...years...are pretty damn sweet now.

Try before you cry.

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Agent_Maine said:

qAzcb92.png

Two types of people lmao

Much of the old meta us is no longer optimal.

People who just take old meta into missions, without adjustment, expecting the same results are seeing a nerf, whereas people who are trying stuff out are finding other things to work with. 

15 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Is this game getting finally fun?

For me it's a BIG YES. With various lifting and air suspension attacks (as well as new finisher openings with extra animation), melee feels like something from DMC, and I get to FINALLY use something other than my slide to win zaw with a slide to win riven, which was simply best in slot by a huge margin, but felt like boring crap.

So far DE gets a big thumbs up from me, I just hope they don't break it now.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, schilds said:

Much of the old meta us is no longer optimal.

People who just take old meta into missions, without adjustment, expecting the same results are seeing a nerf, whereas people who are trying stuff out are finding other things to work with. 

Thank you for saying this . That has been my experience in-game vs in forums.

In-game, I try out a mod or weapon I normally wouldn't have and I'm pleasantly surprised by how good it is. "Wow, blocking damage increases your damage, and I don't need to rely on stealth kills to make categories like dagger and long sword decent. Oh so it seems like combo effeciency (the old channel efficiency mods) is useful now. This seems to perform better in game than it did in the simulacrum. That's good to know."

In forum "my zakti + glaive throw combo no longer one shots level 500 enemies in the simulacrum with invincibility set to on and AI turned off, melee is now utterly and completely useless and I'm uninstalling the game. Combo effeciency is absolutely horrible, combos are now completely worthless. Everyone who doesn't agree with me knows nothing about pre rework melee."

Edited by Rythiman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, George_PPS said:

Two friends were excited to join Warframe after I told them how great the game was.  Now I think I’ll just let them know what has actually been done to the game and that I am uninstalling the game and playing something else if they want to join me. I feel that I can’t take all these nerfs anymore. 

Low key threat there... Well it's a good thing 3 of my friends jumped back into Warframe after hearing how great the update is.

44 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Is this game getting finally fun?

I personally love the new melee feel.  I get why others dont like certain changes.  But the combos feel strong and right now I am barely using my guns.  I just ran Boltace with Gemini cross. And its just splendid now.  

Weapons I have had on the shelf are now fun.

Although the heavy attack is somewhat clunky when you first get used to it.

My impressions so far are... I don't really known. In my arsenal I can already see that some stuff is now weaker, while others look and feel stronger. Truth be told it is still way to early folks to make proper judgement on the new state of melee. I suggest giving a few weeks to try the new stuff, and of course let us wait for what the community will end up cooking with the new meta.

However, considering what these changes seem to do with the endless mode, it becomes clearer that we are approaching the point where DE will really have to start looking for a way to deal with the infinite scaling problem.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Spotted the spin-to-winner and Catchmoon user.

For real though, have you actually tried the update? Tried all the melee weapon types? Tried something new other than the two above? I've been playing since 2013, and weapons I haven't touched in years...years...are pretty damn sweet now.

Try before you cry.

How about you accept that not everyone will blindly love the update whiteknight 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Agent_Maine said:

qAzcb92.png

Two types of people lmao

3.0 is a normalisation.

It's extremes on either end (Basically worthless without scaling and utterly brokenly OP once scaled) have now been altered. So this makes sense depending on which end you wound up spending more time on.

Can someone explain how this is a nerf? I honestly don't understand. I keep seeing people say that the new changes nerfed melee weapons but I can't find that in the patch notes. Its a really big read so I'm having trouble locating the nerf part? So far I've found nothing but buffs. All the weapons I've looked at are getting increased damage, range, status chance, etc. What am I missing?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

Can someone explain how this is a nerf? I honestly don't understand. I keep seeing people say that the new changes nerfed melee weapons but I can't find that in the patch notes. Its a really big read so I'm having trouble locating the nerf part? So far I've found nothing but buffs. All the weapons I've looked at are getting increased damage, range, status chance, etc. What am I missing?

I think it's more about the mods and how they work than the damage numbers of weapons.

Could be wrong though.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

nothing, they're just on an anti-change bandwagon. they'll stop soon! i haven't had this much fun with melee ever before

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

The scaling damage of melee has been effectively removed and given limits in exchange for more fun gameplay and I'm fine with that.

Just for your info the old combo counter continuously rose and buffed all melee hits now it's just 1 heavy hit or a few with efficiency. Also could continuously raise your crit chance with Blood Rush. These 2 forms of scaling are gone.

Condition overload was a separate multiplier that stacked on top of itself now it is the same multiplier as pressure point which reduces the old exponential scaling.

From what I've heard though, everything else sounds great.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

The scaling damage of melee has been effectively removed and given limits in exchange for more fun gameplay and I'm fine with that.

Just for your info the old combo counter continuously rose and buffed all melee hits now it's just 1 heavy hit or a few with efficiency. Also could continuously raise your crit chance with Blood Rush. These 2 forms of scaling are gone.

Condition overload was a separate multiplier that stacked on top of itself now it is the same multiplier as pressure point which reduces the old exponential scaling.

From what I've heard though, everything else sounds great.

Thank you for the explanation, even though I still don't fully comprehend it.  I never paid any attention to melee combos, and I still don't even have condition overload, so I'll just assume this doesn't affect me personally. I am sorry for those who feel they are losing out because of the changes though.

Edited by IntheCoconut
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

6 of my friends are leaving the game after the update. Take that!!

To be fair, I'm sure there's a lot more than 6 or 10 players leaving Warframe for any number of reasons.

I was merely alluding to how stupid the argument of, "my friends did this so that makes my opinion valid". Or, "I have more friends who did this so that makes my opinion more valid than yours".