Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

[DE]Megan

6 minutes ago, eXotic said:

''Fixed Thralls dropping Requiem Mods instead of the intended Requiem Relics on Mercy (added to Thrall droptable in Hotfix 26.0.4). We’ve also removed the 500 Kuva from the Thrall droptable. With less rewards to pick from means a better shot at that Requiem Relic! ''

I bought a 30 day resource booster (200p) JUST because of the kuva drops..

And the requiem mod drops were so good, why did you have to revert it? it made sense to get the ACTUAL codes to kill the liches FROM the LICH CONTROLLED thralls instead of edgy relics IMO

WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE THE KUVA DROPS, THEY WERE SO GOOD, there's legit only two drops.. just why would you remove something actually useful.. not again with this crap DE, please.

Replacing relics with mods makes sense because otherwise you could just skip the whole relic opening thing, farming just mods was much more efficient.

I see no reason in removing kuva drops though.

1 час назад, BloodRavenCap сказал:

I've already been talking about the problem with Liches and how they're tied to other problems in the game.

The Requiem system itself just ties your arms and legs to spend a lot of time on one Lich, when we could do a lot of Liches with randomized loot (not only guns, but something else, that increases utility). It's really a shame, that we have to be with one Lich with underdeveloped personality when in Shadow of Mordor\War we had dozens of orcs with developed characters and quirks. 

I mean, you're still killed if you try the wrong combination on the Lich. You still have to hunt down the same amount of Thralls, which feels like a spit in the face, honestly. People will still continue to run from the Liches, because they don't want to be killed, and other players can't do nothing about it.

I mean, for example, if you still want to save the Requiem system, you just could do Liches killable by usual means. For example, Lich spawns to a squad of four players. Everyone can damage and kill him - or just take out the first third of his health, so if the player who created Lich doesn't interact with him in fifteen-twenty seconds, Lich disappears, but becomes stronger. Or any player can kill him, but he will return later, that's a given. So, he will become stronger and stronger, until you stop him with Requiem kill. That way there will be less problems for everyone else.

Or just discard the whole Requiem thing entirely, the way PvP and Lunaro was dropped. Just make it like Shadow of Mordor\War. Give them more personality, make us have a lot of different Liches that can be killed by anybody. The randomized loot (with inventory, as I suggested) would explode the ingame market. There will be a lot of things to collect and to trade and everyone will get something he's interested in. And, also, it will make the game a lot more dynamic.

Warframe feels like a half-RPG, why don't just create an inventory system and equipable armor and gadgets at this point?

Not only me, but also other users recognized that feuds between Liches would be a cool thing\mechanic. Just look at this thread too

Also, just noticed this. Wow, not only the amount of Thralls you have to kill is the same, but there are even less of them on missions now?

Not only my previous points still stand, but also - why would you remove Kuva and Relics from the Thralls? The 5% thing is already small, why would you still continue to kill all the incentives to farm them?

Why we don't have an increased capacity on primary and secundary weapons if we now can use an exilus on that weapons? If i choose to use an exilus i need to put more forma on my weapon, wich is not good if i want to try a few builds, we need like 2 slots free without polarity in order to change that mods, but with the new exilus if we want to use that we need the formas, so the builds are pretty much over, you need to choose between 1 build with exilus or the option to change between builds... it sucks.
Also, RIP Redeemer prime, even if we can deal almost the same damage, it's too slow.

Zitat

Fixed Thralls dropping Requiem Mods instead of the intended Requiem Relics on Mercy (added to Thrall droptable in Hotfix 26.0.4). We’ve also removed the 500 Kuva from the Thrall droptable. With less rewards to pick from means a better shot at that Requiem Relic!

• Players who received Requiem Mods or Kuva while the Thrall drop was incorrect will get to keep them. Santa came early!

The Kuva was great, far better as a repeated drop than mods. This isn't a loot buff as you're trying to make it sound. It's a nerf. It's a shame. I was actually really awesome and made those missions feel worth it, even after filling murmur.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Increased the drop chance of each Requiem Relic in Kuva Siphon missions from 30% to 50%.

Requiem Mods and Relics can no longer be Taxed by your Lich.

Actually, I liked the idea of them taxing requiem relics. It makes sense that, as a Lich, they would try and stop you from obtaining the means of defeating them! However, to compensate for this, relic gains should be 100% in kuva siphons to account for their ability to do so.

On 2019-11-03 at 2:06 PM, Pizzarugi said:

1. Make Requiem Relics have 100% drop chance for Kuva Siphon missions
The biggest issue I, and a lot of other players have, is that combating Liches is RNG stacked on top of RNG. Seeing as Kuva Floods are the only way to get a guaranteed relic which only comes by hourly, most of your time will be spent grinding regular siphons. Once you do get the relic, you then have to hope it drops the Requiem mod. This doesn't even cover the amount of trial and error you have to go through in order to find the right combination to defeat the Lich. It would be nice to alleviate the grind by making the relic drop 100% of the time in Kuva Siphons, perhaps dropping extra for floods.

On 2019-11-03 at 2:06 PM, Pizzarugi said:

2. Always have Lich influence on Kuva Siphon/Flood missions
Seeing as your most powerful adversary was reborn and is fueled by Kuva, it makes sense that they should oversee and secure its production. Considering that is how you get Requiem Relics, a smart Lich would make sure you don't get your hands on them. If we go with my suggestion of having siphons drop relics 100% of the time, having a couple of them stolen wouldn't be as painful as they are in the current state of the game. Have you done a Kuva Flood in a planet owned by a Lich? Losing that guaranteed relic on a per-chance basis is pretty unnerving. By having siphon/flood missions under a Lich's influence, where levels are determined by their rank with the exception of flood, it also makes it easier to grind for those Requiem Murmurs by having thralls spawn in the mission. You get your relic (sometimes) and you get Murmurs. It helps ease the grind!

Source:

Stockpiled Kuva Weapons: Receiving a better duplicate Kuva weapon after you’ve put work/Forma into an existing one can feel rather disappointing. With that in mind, we’re working on a “duplicate consumption” mechanic where you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma and Exilus investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil. 

This is great, a lot like what I've been suggesting for Prime/Vandal/Wraith/etc variants for years. Maybe, one day, the suggestion still stands.

Yeah, thought that Thralls dropping actual Mods instead of Relics made too much sense to be be kept ingame. Glad to see it's "fixed". Nice. I mean, it would be somewhat distressing to lose a layer of grind within the grind. Can't have that.

10 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4.1 is now live!

Fixes:

• Fixed Thralls dropping Requiem Mods instead of the intended Requiem Relics on Mercy (added to Thrall droptable in Hotfix 26.0.4). We’ve also removed the 500 Kuva from the Thrall droptable. With less rewards to pick from means a better shot at that Requiem Relic!

Obviously the mods dropping instead of relics was going to be fixed, but THIS part just makes me laugh. You guys have complete control over the drops and their chances. It's not a mission reward table, it's an enemy, there is absolutely no reason you would NEED to remove one thing in order to make another thing more likely. You could have just increased the drop chances or made the two drops independent.

Archived