Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Stockpiled Kuva Weapons: Receiving a better duplicate Kuva weapon after you’ve put work/Forma into an existing one can feel rather disappointing. With that in mind, we’re working on a “duplicate consumption” mechanic where you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma and Exilus investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil. 

I have a massive amount of questions about this. 

1.   Is it only two of the same bonus damage type?
2.   If not, Do they combine into one of the Combo elements? 
3.   Does this scale indefinitely? (that would one, be weird and Abysmally slow and Two, a lot of power creep.)

Also on a different note about kuva weapons, Nightwatch Napalm hasn't been working on my Kuva Ogris with 45% fire damage. Napalm just flat out doesnt even show up even with the mod installed. It would be a bummer not to be able to use it since the fire procs got a mechanic update.

il y a 22 minutes, buSoreZ a dit :

Kinda yeah .. they are Lazy to fight agains higher level Enemies. Because whats the Downside of failing to Kill your Lich? NOTHING. Your Lich just level up and its getting harder for you. If you are Lazy yeah you just let him alive and collect all Thrulls.

You expect other players to think like you in public games :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

If (like the other founder guy) you're so salty about that, I suggest you to play solo when needed 😐

@[DE]Megan

Love seeing fixes roll out and some of them address some very important base issues with the Kuva Lich system, 

However one of my key concerns is absent and I'm hoping that it's one of the more complicated issues that is coming later and not one that was just "This is the new normal" because it is and remains a solid dealbreaker for me. That being the fact that the Kuva Weapons require 5 Forma to master, this was not good on the Paracesis and it continues to be not good on literally anything else. 

People should be adding Forma to weapons because they like them not because a system has been implemented to extort forma out of them. It's gross and suffice to say I hate it. And it isn't an issue of Forma being hard to aquire, I've got I think 40(ish) sitting around, tho that seems to have instilled an attitude in some people that "well if you have them then just do it" which I also find to be strait up gross. 

Feel free to look at my Smeeta (there are a few other Forma heavy weapons I want to say the Ignis/Wraith but my Smeeta is the one that jumps to mind) I have between 6-8 Forma (not logging in to check) on it because I enjoy my Smeeta not because I was being strong armed into it and that is exactly what the Paracesis Effect is. Hecc I even tossed Forma into my Archwing gear well before PoE was ever a thing because I enjoy Archwing and that is how it should be, because you enjoy it not because you're obligated because MR.

1 minute ago, Oakhams said:

I have a massive amount of questions about this. 

1.   Is it only two of the same bonus damage type?
2.   If not, Do they combine into one of the Combo elements? 
3.   Does this scale indefinitely? (that would one, be weird and Abysmally slow and Two, a lot of power creep.)

Also on a different note about kuva weapons, Nightwatch Napalm hasn't been working on my Kuva Ogris with 45% fire damage. Napalm just flat out doesnt even show up even with the mod installed. It would be a bummer not to be able to use it since the fire procs got a mechanic update.

It's just receiving the new weapon, while consuming the old one to apply its Forma and exilus to the new one.
Only Forma and exilus transfers.

This update showed that you really don't actually test what you put into the game.   The murmur thing is way too grindy.   Melee feels around 10 times weaker even though you said that CO and BR should feel the same.   Also kuva floods not actually dropping a relic is just bad testing.   Please stop promising releases without testing. 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Hedasker:

You expect other players to think like you in public games :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

If (like the other founder guy) you're so salty about that, I suggest you to play solo when needed 😐

Huh? People are still Lazy if they dont want to kill their Lich because he can level up. The Only Reason IS because they are Lazy to fight agains Higher lvl enemies.

What else should be the Reason? Can you tell me? I mean you are already farming him right now so that he has Control over more Planets cant be the Reason!

1 minute ago, OptimusJ said:

It's just receiving the new weapon, while consuming the old one to apply its Forma and exilus to the new one.
Only Forma and exilus transfers.

4 minutes ago, Oakhams said:

thus transferring its buffs

I mean transferring the buffs part is what i was more confused about. I understand that the forma and exilus are staying where they are on the weapon.

25 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Thralls are dropping Requiem mods, not relics. Dunno which one was actually intended but you may want to correct it to avoid confusion..

Thralls dropping Requiem Mods is not intended! We're fixing to have them drop Requiem Relics in a very near Hotfix. 

3 minutes ago, Oakhams said:

I mean transferring the buffs part is what i was more confused about. I understand that the forma and exilus are staying where they are on the weapon.

From what I understand of what they said:

If you have two of the same weapon you can transfer the forma/exilus from once to the other, that's it. Another way to see it is relaxing one gun's buff with another's. No merging of values or anything.

Here is my personal feedback for the update.

About Kuva Weapons.
1 - Keep the option to combine kuva weapons but with each combination the % random bonus should increace like 10% at MINIMUM (given the effort to get that thing)
In adition if the other weapon have another element it shoud carry to the "mixed" weapon (with the max of 2 extra elements of course). 
2 - Give also the Option to convert the weapon into 20k+ Kuva, dont keep less than 20k because the time and effort is almost if not more than doing nightwave and buying the 20k.
3- Give the Option to RECHARGE requiem mods with kuva, OR if not, Just Convert them INTO KUVA after they are done and with no charge. (after all you used them to kill a KUVA infused Enemy).

Review better the things Liches can and Can't steal. its a mess right now.

Make it so Liches have a 10% INCREASE on ALL the resources that He stole From You. that makes it a "investment" of sorts when he steals things from you, you guys can make the excuse that " he's in control of that region and farms resources for himself too" IDK. so there is more reason to kill those liches.

Give 2 minutes for people IN PUBLIC MISSIONS ONLY to kill their liches, of not killed they Insta Kill you and level up one time.

about the murmur situation on farm. its just too much of a grind. its mindless finishers to get a little bit of nothing on kill the liches, make some High Value Targets on each mission a Mini boss that you have to kill in order to get like 20% of a Murmur completion. and make it so this mini boss can have a 50% chance to spawn on every lich mission. now imagine a Lich and a Mini Boss in the same place the crazyness that would be.

i think that's what i have to say now. ty for your time.

Thanks for the work 😁

It's still early in the week but keep at it!

Few things I'd like to bring attention to, mayhaps: 

Spoiler
  • Request for Void Traces to be moved to "valuable loot pop-up" (think Argon Crystals, Toroids, Diluted Thermia) -- These kind of get lost in the crowd with other, more frequent drops.
  • Zenistar disc damage might be too low? -- Seems like Condition Overload doesn't affect it anymore after my brief and limited testing on a poor Charger.
    • Just my opinion but the flame's visual radius doesn't appear to match the actual field of effect for Zenistar with Primed Reach or Spring-loaded Blade's buff active (The flame appears much wider and enemies seemingly in range of flame don't get hit).
    • And that disc's emission radius is tiny!!! without range mods, yikes. Tiny flame is cute though, more an observation, not much an issue for me.
  • Sometimes interception towers' letters (A, B, C, D) blink in the upper-left HUD and no enemies are present. Noted this on Corpus Ice Planet while farming Grendel two days ago, as well as a Grineer Shipyard map (Berehynia, Sedna). Vaguely feel like I've experienced this other times pre-Update 26.
  • When imprinting kitties, one of confirmation messages is a little off (short list of my steps up to that point):
Spoiler

> My Smeeta cat gets infected with Vasca virus, glows red
> Go to imprint
> Approximate confirmation message [Cure kavat of Vasca virus and make a Vasca imprint?]
> Accept
> Claim Vasca imprint, cat is cured, no longer glows
> Attempt to make second imprint right away
> [Cure kavat of Vasca virus and make a Vasca imprint?]
---- ^ This probably shouldn't happen ^ Cat no longer glows red, I would ordinarily expect a confirmtation for a Smeeta imprint in this case given that my cat's supposed to be cured.
> Accept
> Claim imprint, find it's Smeeta after all

• A few of my friends have also reported not receiving Vasca-species'd imprints from their red-glowy cats.

• I'm a filthy casual all for Easy, but Grineer seem to climb into Ramparts then freeze up without actually using them. Nevermind!
  • I selected an Influence mission on Pavlov (Lua) and was told it would be an Exterminate, but it ended up being a Spy mission instead.
  • On a related note to the above, one of the Spy vaults in this tile set seems to auto-trigger alarms somehow, and I'm pretty sure I didn't cross any Orokin Drones or touch lasers. This is the vault whose entry is opened by hitting a glowing death orb panel, and can be vault A or B.
  • Selected an Influence mission on Everest (Earth) and was promised an Exterminate mission, but it ended up being an Excavation (which is the base node's mission type), similar situation to two bullet points ago.
  • 500 cryotic for Influence Excavations are maybe a little long for solo play. That's sortie-length, if I'm not mistaken 😢
  • I'll cry if this goes away but Nekros can Desecrate relics off the thralls.
  • It's kind of hard to see the Influence nodes' indicator against the background of the Red Planet.

I'll probably find more things to complain about, but I just want the game to improve, I swear! 😅

Awesome changes to the Thralls and the Kuva Larvling!
That Thralls now can drop the relics or some Kuva is welcome change.
Also making Liches opt-in is really good.
The increased speed for the Murmurs looks good, but I have to test it ingame to see how much faster it is.

I love the addition of fusing two Kuva Weapons, if you manage to get a better elemental value roll.
Guessing that applies only to Kuva Weapons that have the same element as a bonus.

The change that Live Wire only shocks alerted enemies is nice as well. Almost failed a Spy because of that before this change.

Thanks for the hotfix! ♥

Maybe in addition, combining guns can up the ele % - that would make getting repeat crap rolls more stomachable - eg get 25% and 27% seers, the combined form keeps the progress, and goes to 35% ele instead of 25 or 27, that way getting duplicates that are equally crap (or maybe even worse variants) isn't so much of a waste of player time.

Even with murmurs going faster, it's hard to feel good about grinding for a turd.

Vauban feels amazing now. That instant BOOM when I use the Photon Strike is awesome. That hotfix was needed.
I do hope we'll see some QOL changes for Ember and Vauban's 2 now. As well as Grendel, he is pretty tanky but not that efficient IMO. The energy cost is super high on him and he lacks any means of healing besides using Kavat/Operator... 

But please, please, fix Zenistar, and fix Glaive. Glaive Prime was my favourite melee and that update really killed it. The dual wield stance can't detonate the Glaive which is very impractical, and using the full Glaive stance to detonate it is very awkward for a weapon that prided itself on being FLEXIBLE. We need to explosio, back when dual wielding, OR the full melee need to get the dual wielding. One of the two.

Archived