The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killed 10 kuva liches and ALL repeated weapons

greaters

I'm with you for getting repeated Weapons. Dealt with 25 Liches and on my 26th, and still don't have the Kuva Brakk. Got rest of the Weapons besides that because of how many times Liches would spawn with something i already got unless i farm, about 30 or 40 where i might get a Kuva Brakk. Ephemeras is a different Story because through the whole 26 Liches, i haven't got a single Lich wearing a Ephemera.

On 2019-11-07 at 12:21 PM, greaters said:

11689A825E2381594A2F6F39D8FA7977F0E397B8

From the lich called Savir Bigr to the active one,they all have the kuva weapons I've already owned.What is this chance of getting the same weapons 10 in a row?Besides,none of them drop a ephemera,which means I've spent 10+ hours for nothing(really don't understand why remove 500 kuva from the thralls).I only got 8/13 kuva weapons after killing all these kuva liches.So DE really thinks this is ok to those players who might have bad luck collecting all weapons and ephemera?

out of mild curiosity, when you started all those liches, where you using the same primary?

Im wondering if that has an effect on it. I'm only on my 4th (and i dont feel like farming thralls atm) and ive gotten different weapons each time. If there's one thing I know about warframe players is we all have our favorite bangsticks and sometimes dont switch them. Ive been intentionally swapping guns when i go start my Lich. 

On 2019-11-07 at 6:27 PM, Kingsmount said:

DE thinks it's okay for players to have massive bad luck streaks,  whatever the context, yes.

"Keep playing our game please" is the only context I hear.

Not works how it should does it?

Now, if DE added an system where you can dismantle items for resources to use for a better weapon or used to buy better weapons if you removed from by mistake, it whuold be great!.

Or maybe they add the Valence transfer from normal items to PRIMES, maybe that's something 

If only we had a game like that.......OH WAIT!

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

So progenitor controls weapons element type, what if mission type was made to control weapon class eg. Exterminate gave melees, defense gave pistols, spy archguns etc. This many reduce rgn a bit. And also everyone stop/slow grabbing the first lyich grub seen, Because once they had that type no need to kill lyich for pure chance reasons. grind  rng isn't content its beginning to kill the fun 

1 hour ago, SpentCasings said:

Im wondering if that has an effect on it. I'm only on my 4th (and i dont feel like farming thralls atm) and ive gotten different weapons each time. If there's one thing I know about warframe players is we all have our favorite bangsticks and sometimes dont switch them. Ive been intentionally swapping guns when i go start my Lich. 

IMHO, this is highly unlikely. I used the same loadout for 3 larvings, got different weapons. Switched the loadout completely and frame and got two repetitions. Seems to be more or less random, IDK

While having cruddy rng does suck, I'd be more okay with the Kuva Lich grind if it was actually worth doing.  DE really need to make it much more rewarding if its going to keep players invested in it for any length of time - a handful of weapons, ephemeras, and/or potentially a companion that briefly shows up in missions is not enough incentive for people to keep running them long-term.  There is literally nothing to gain from taking the time and resources to kill a lich that gives a duplicate weapon that has a bonus lower than one you already have.  The issue is the same thing for ranking up a kuva lich : there nothing extra to gain by defeating a lv5 lich, it's just something that's likely to happen while you play their version of Reverse Russian Roulette (which is another can of worms entirely).  They need to add some other rewards for completing lich hunts to keep wanting to play them regardless of what weapon their liches might have - weapons and ephemeras really should be the icing on the cake in terms of the rewards.

Edited by Lokidus_Prime

DE seems to think that people will stick to the game longer the longer RNG prevents them from getting what they want, when actually it just makes people burn out on the game faster. I have seen that with Ephemeras and I'm seeing it again now with lich weapons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drachnyn said:

DE seems to think that people will stick to the game longer the longer RNG prevents them from getting what they want, when actually it just makes people burn out on the game faster. I have seen that with Ephemeras and I'm seeing it again now with lich weapons.

It's just really sad I think, cuz Warframe has so much life, only to be wasted

Add content to get players to stick to the game, only to add THIS type of content, I have strong firm belief that 2020 is gonna be the end, or alteast end up like games like Anthem (small player-base at best) 

Im assuming everyone here complaining about it are high rank mr... because this is only a part of warframe. Why everyone talks negatively about a grindy game being grindy¿? More over being part of the system that is not released yet. Yeah DE has to release content for veterans, but if this was easy we will complain about "nothing to do on wf". What do you guys expect from this partially released system¿? get the 13 weapon and ephemeras on first month¿? Then what¿? level up them, and leave the game to play another thing¿? Something more complex to grind¿? I bet every sugestion you guys leave here to add content to the game will end being repetitive because in the end every game can be repetitive after 2000h

I think everyone knows what warframe is and why we stay here. Every content they release will have rng involved. and that was the same in all this years. If not leave here any sugestion but if that sugestions ends giving content faster ppl will complain anyway because they have nothing new on the game

Oh and if you are not high rank Im sure warframe has lots of S#&$s to do and complete. god Im MR27 near to lvl up 28 and I still have S#&$ to do that has nothing to do with the liches. Being general here.

Edited by Demaneth

This is getting ridiculous - 7 liches , 4 drakgoons ( 2 of which completely identical) and 2 quartacks.

P.S. Just checked, the latest drakgoon is completely identical to the other one....so 2 identical pairs of drakgoons....

Edited by ___Grim___

I'd change the system so that when generating a Lich nemesis for a player, the game would check for existing Kuva weapons in the player's inventory and only equip the Lich with a random weapon that the player does NOT have.

Naturally, this would prevent instances of players winding up with duplicate Kuva weapons. If the player has all the Kuva weapons that are available, the game would be allowed to generate a random Kuva weapon for the Lich nemesis.

Maybe its me but... is the weapon from the lich based on the weapon the Thrall carries to create it¿? I mean, I killed a thrall with a karak and then my new created lich carried the karak. Its maybe possible to ... not kill the Thrall (in case the weapon it carries its a duplicate) and repeat till the thrall to create the lich carry the weapon you need¿? Or its aways the same and no matter the times you repeat the mission it will always carry the same weapon

Dont know if I explained well XD english is not my native language, sorry.

I did a post on the RNG of Kuva weapons. 

Although 21 runs and only 8 weapons is on the lower end, it is what would be expected given the RNG numbers. I think you may be in for a shock for how many runs you will need to do to get all 13 weapons though.

Am 7.11.2019 um 19:27 schrieb Kingsmount:

DE thinks it's okay for players to have massive bad luck streaks,  whatever the context, yes.

Took me 4 weeks of grinding to finally get Khora's systems.  I had all the other parts to make six Khoras,  and then after finding one and building her got 4 systems within a few days of casually doing SO.

I was missing the bp all the time. I had 9 systems and all other parts but missing the bp.   i never ever played eso again. fun fact: i was so mad after all those month i waited for 75% discount to just whale her but did one last run. got the bp in that run. LOL.

• Like 1

My issue with the system is that MR is tied to the weapons and hence one's MR is buried behind this.  Of course boss-dropped frames, primes etc are too but they quick to farm not hours of grind.

Then to add insult, the stats are RNG so if rather than chasing MR, you are chasing a particular weapon because you actually like it, well god help you.

Dont even get me starated on the multi-forma bullcrap.

I'd have to dig up the spreadsheet for the exact figure, but it was between 130-145 runs to zone 8 for me to get the damn ESO ephemera and that is NOT counting the runs where we didn't get to 8 due to bugs, host migrations, etc.  And when I finally did get it - TWO of the people in squad said it was their first run.  That just felt like crap. 

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

On 2019-11-07 at 8:21 PM, greaters said:

11689A825E2381594A2F6F39D8FA7977F0E397B8

From the lich called Savir Bigr to the active one,they all have the kuva weapons I've already owned.What is this chance of getting the same weapons 10 in a row?Besides,none of them drop a ephemera,which means I've spent 10+ hours for nothing(really don't understand why remove 500 kuva from the thralls).I only got 8/13 kuva weapons after killing all these kuva liches.So DE really thinks this is ok to those players who might have bad luck collecting all weapons and ephemera?

How much platinum did you buy to get such a buff on spawn lychee?  Im get just one in first day. After kill and hotfix hotfix hotfix hotfix im get nothing more. No messages. How much need buying for advance % сhance? Kuva hunter collection raise spawn messages?

Edited by -Emptyness-

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Would you care to explain how DE profit from their new system being stingy?

Can you buy these new guns with plat?

maybe by forcing players to buy words¿? Idk XD... in fact farm requiem relics are far more comfortable than normal ones so, words are not really a problem. And no, this weapons are not tradeable.

On 2019-11-07 at 3:01 PM, Chappie1975 said:

Without pure RNG...pity counters would eat into revenue.  As a player..this is great.  For DE...not so much.

Better than people getting mad and just saying #*!% this game. I've seen numerous people say they are done with the game for a while since the update was a dumpster fire.