Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.6 + 26.0.6.1

[DE]Megan

From [DE]Bear:

Hey Lich Hunters,

It is obvious by the impassioned responses here that the last hotfix and Murmur changes left a bad taste in some people’s mouths. The initial granting of Murmur progression was unintentional, but in those 24 hours, it seems that many of you have enjoyed the incentive to play together for shared benefits on Kuva Lich hunting.

As a result, we are discussing internally about incentives and ways to mitigate some of the pain points many of you have. As always, new systems take some time to settle in and we will be doing several balance passes. Your enemy is a personal one, but Warframe is ultimately a co-op experience and we want to make sure that is encouraged and rewarded fairly.

So we're just not doing that then? Good luck on Prime Time tonight then, hope you run into people more charitable than the general public has been.

23 минуты назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

There are also two issues we are looking to solve in a calculated and better thought-out way to avoid the scenario we created yesterday with fixing a bug. The first issue is making the co-operative aspect of Lich hunting rewarding, and the second is treating the condition of downing your Lich (despite not having the right Requiems) have a different flow in a mission.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Very cautiously, but optimistic nevertheless.

20 minutes ago, fantaisie said:

Make lich companions useful, thanks. The reward of choosing to vanquish vs convert is not balanced. Right now feels like a big joke and waste of time to convert your lich. They just show up in your mission, do nothing but lag your game and then leave.

YES THIS PLEASE
Also PLEASE @[DE]Megan when my lich spawns everyone less than MR17 that didn't care to yet have their first lich are kicked out of the game leaving me alone vs. whatever the mission enemies are! No mtter if it is the middle of public eidolon, public Survival Mot, they just get kicked and i'm alone! Can't you make it a summonable thing? like a specter of some kind?

This "fusion" mechanism does not address the scenario where i get a worst version of the same weapon. I still have too go through the entire grind which is rather lengthy, knowing all the while that the reward will be useless junk.

We need an option to either easily re roll the lich or have the fusion increase the % like say by 1 percent. Then if i grind add infinitud i can get good weapon regardless.

23 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Could we PLEASE have a way to trade weapons, or know which ones a larva will end up wielding so grinding for the MR doesn't become a nightmarish task? Thank you.

I regret to inform you that Kuva weapons don't give MR, as stated multiple times during devstreams.

21 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

New Kuva Weapon Combining: VALENCE TRANSFER

Replace a Kuva weapon’s innate damage bonus with one from another Kuva weapon of the same kind. This process destroys the donor weapon and overrides the previous Kuva weapons damage bonus.

For example: everything you've done on Kuva Seer A will stay (Forma, Potato, Lens, Mod Configs, Appearance Configs, etc) when Kuva Seer B is consumed. The buff from Kuva Seer B will be passed onto Kuva Seer A, and Kuva Seer B will cease to exist in your Inventory.

How to:

1. Head to your Arsenal
  2. Navigate to the Upgrade screen of the desired Kuva weapon
  3. Select ACTIONS and then the new VALENCE TRANSFER option 
  4. Select the Kuva weapon you would like to consume
  5. Type TRANSFER into the prompt to confirm the consumption - this also displays what buff you are replacing
  6. Grofit!

I heard there was to be a point to having dupe weaps, so I went ahead and killed my poor lich for a duplicate Kuva Orgis..

Valence Transfer says: "Unable to transfer. Cannot replace an innate damage bonus with a weaker bonus of the same damage type." when the weapons are identical in every stat.

Hoping there will be a future update to give these weapons a purpose in life; perhaps an option to convert the duplicate weapon into a small random stat boost for the preferred one? Max 5 times? idk

10 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

For example: everything you've done on Kuva Seer A will stay (Forma, Potato, Lens, Mod Configs, Appearance Configs, etc) when Kuva Seer B is consumed. The buff from Kuva Seer B will be passed onto Kuva Seer A, and Kuva Seer B will cease to exist in your Inventory.

Due to Melee Phase 2 removing ‘hold to charge’ attacks, you’ll now always have a fully charged up Void Blast before attacking with Rising Blast. We’re investigating some other options to bring back its original functionality, where you can release the charge early, with the new Phase 2 mechanics.

Removed the tactical dodge multiplier when doing Parry+Dodge in Air. This resulted in a slow mid-air that was not useful for momentum. 

1)This is a good step in the right direction! However, here's my request: Please make it a choice of what to combine. That is, a kuva bonused weapon has  few key ingredients: Element type  and percentage of bonus
What I want to be able to do when combinining is take the element or the bonus.

Example: 25% radiation stubba and 55% other element stubba. What i want to do is choose to valence transfer the 55% and preserve the current element.

2) May we please have the option to toggle on hold-melee-to-charge-attack back, please? My thumb is severely missing the one-button melee. Altfire is on my middle mouse and its painful/awkward to hit a lot: I want a checkbox in the options menu to preserve hold-melee (like it use to be). I don't care if this means an odd/errant melee attack before the charge happens. 
Both buttons side by side would be fine too.

3) When is  air boosting melee coming back in? You know, the ability to swing melee midair and get momentum - the thing that made this run so great? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq2o0KLr6CI . Melee 3.0's hold forward c ombo's are great; but holding forward and hitting melee in the air not giving you forward impetus is a big step back for a mobiltiy game!

Also, conclave melee is totally borked under 3.0. Is there any chance of the conclave stances being reverted to melee 2 standards until its figured out/given a full balance pass?

Thanks for the hotfix!

18 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

i again would like to point out the issue of duplicate ephemera.

please give us an option to exchange duplicate ones to ones we do not own yet but only if its really a duplicate that we want to exchange.

that would remove the frustration of getting the same ephemera again...and maybe even again...and again....because i think many people will prefer certain elements on their weapons and i have a feeling the ephemera a lich can own is tied to the element...which would mean if someone like me for example wants radiation as the innate, no matter even how much % because thats the beauty of this procc, then getting trickster over and over again is pretty....well....annoying.

The ephemera type depends on the element of the weapon, so if you want a different ephemera, use a different frame to make the lich, keep making electric weapons, youll only get the electric ephemera.

25 minutes ago, fantaisie said:

Make lich companions useful, thanks. The reward of choosing to vanquish vs convert is not balanced. Right now feels like a big joke and waste of time to convert your lich. They just show up in your mission, do nothing but lag your game and then leave.

This would be nice. 
I converted my first lich as he was interesting looking only to find that hes popped up for me about one time thus far in a LOT of playtime.

Also, DE please change the icon for a proper kuva LICH and a thrall. 

A lich tends to spawn at the same time as a lot of thralls and if people are spamming certain abilities it makes it almost impossible to find the lich amongst thralls. 

37 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Replace a Kuva weapon’s innate damage bonus with one from another Kuva weapon of the same kind. This process destroys the donor weapon and overrides the previous Kuva weapons damage bonus.

Wow, you did this in just about the worst way you could have.

It only fixes the problem of waiting to invest in and rank weapons.  It does nothing to stop weaker duplicates from being worthless, or to mitigate how S#&$ty the RNG element bonuses feel to have in the game.

Instead of an overwriting transfer, it should be an upgrade based on the consumed weapon's value.  If we get a 20% garbage roll, we should be able to consume it to at least slightly buff an existing weapon's bonus up towards the maximum allowed value.  It should be guaranteed progression towards a fixed goal at a variable pace.  We have enough terrible RNG with huge investment for zero guaranteed rewards with rivens.  Which, frankly, should change too.

So we can only add the better buff from a weapon to our level'd weapon, but we can't raise the % of the buff with a lower to get a better stat? So duplicates are still worth nothing, if you got a better allready, but it is just 1% better then the second, you still are unllucky cuz both are 22 and 23. And if you see your next one, with the same weapon and it has lower %, you still can't skip it.

Conclusion for the Valence Transfer; hunting or farming a lich, doesn't help us at all, if we still get unlucky through RNG.

If your plan is, to not make the same mistake with the Lich's as you did with the riven, the trading a Lich Hunt with high % on a special weapon will be very expensive. Instead, just lets add the % from weapon B to weapon A, so all people can get the max out of them. And the huntig missions will not be so explosive expensiv like the riven mods.

21 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

You can now combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma, Exilus, Potato, and Lens investment.

It's nice to see that weapon merging is now available. This was really needed to be added even if it's not the ideal solution for me. I hope you'll give some though to how to change the RNG on weapon generation to make us better aim for weapons we want. 13 weapons is a lot and it's hard to get that specific one. Low % bonus weapons are still a huge problem for many players. I've made few posts about this previously if you want ideas.

I'm a little disappointed that there are no changes to murmur gain or kuva drops from thralls. It was a really nice addition.
I think that kuva should come back to the drop pool since now I swim in relics I have not much need for. It would be better for me to just get 500 kuva for the half of the relics I have.
Gaining murmur for helping other players use mercy on their liches was also a really nice thing, even if overpowered at the time. I hope to see this come back with a lower gain murmur for others. It was bringing random parties together much easier and everyone wanted to try mods on the lich without asking them to do it. This simply made the mission flow way smoother and allowed for other liches to spawn as well. Cooperation is a beautiful thing and there should be a coop reward for liches as well in my opinion. Even if very small.

I'm glad they fixed Kuva Ogris napalm bug, but double-dipping (negatively) its blast damage due to the adjustment for the Lich element is a way bigger issue.

Honestly they should just remove the variability in base stats due to the Lich bonus, period.

The current final mission of the Sortie is bugged. After Kela dies the door to leave doesn't open. It seems like Kela's death isn't triggering properly as I'm able to push her stiff corpse around via melee lol. Unable to complete sortie because of this.

Hey DE is there a fix coming for Kuva floods not giving a requin relic? i've had three in a row TODAY, not give a relic. At this point, i'm at a wall and i can't advance, due to no relics because kuva floods not giving the required relics. 

Still find this content hilarious. 

It's been 7 days and received 7 days worth of hotfixes. 

Nothing about it sounds fun or rewarding. In fact, im more interested in NOT doing it.

I feel sorry for this community tbh. They will endure the most disgusting time sinks and jump through any hoop placed before them because they're so starved for something to do in this game.

It's entertaining to watch people argue and yell and struggle with this unfinished loop. All for a stupid RNG Gun....

Archived