Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

1 hour ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

You've got some issues if you think wopowoyst/birbolon is "unfun"

Certainly better than being insta-kicked from every squad just because I don't have a billion forma'd Chroma Prime with maxed Unairu and a billion forma'd Rubico Prime build specifically to only be good for eidolon hunts and nothing else

I would disagree with that....

the requirements you listed are mostly for 4+ x3 runs. 3x3 or anything below would likely not require all the things you listed. I dont have a single forma on my chroma p, nor do I use the rubico prime for eidolons (not even lanka too), and I ran a lot of 3x3 before even having maxed unairu. Wanting to do more than 3x3, would be like wanting to clear roppy in less than 5 min. I don't think it is unreasonable to have a lot more restrictions on frame and weapon choices.

1. Any new different kind of weapons ( melee ) for the operator feels redundant. I'm personally not interested in it but I also see it becoming silly that you have warframes then you have mini warframes inside frames that have their own different kind of weapons besides the one when the warframe gets the job done/going into operator mode is rather limiting not well thought out. Operator mode is just another vehicle they have abandoned with how the focus tree still needs work even today.

2. Operator mode isn't put together well considering how it can't be properly utilized. Like the slow transition and how it can't be used tactically/seamlessly because of it. As well as the glitches that go with it.

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

For me, the solution would be a lot simpler: Remove the time limit (same goes for Profit Taker's final phase).

That way, maximising your DPS becomes a lot less essential. If you want to use a more endurance-based playstyle, where you whittle down the boss's health while trying to avoid dying yourself, you are no longer faced with an impossible fight.

Of course, the day/night cycle would need to be altered somewhat for this to work, as would the reward structure for the fights.

15-30 minute is all you need for a casual tridolon run. Making PoE it’s own separate instance like earth missions can cause technical issues like initiating bounties mid mission because they rely on the cycle to give the rewards.

The 5 minute wait for profit taker isn’t really that bad because Profit Taker is not as tanky or bullet spongey compared to Eidolon Teralyst

Still that could eliminate how extremely anti newbie friendly The Eidolons is if DE are willing to invest some hours on it.

The dethroning of Warframe from Top 10 charts from a day ago while rivals/competitions are gaining players starts to concern me. This could be just another “Content Drought” Period, but I don’t know. What are your opinions or views about this? Could it be the rough launch of Kuva Liches and Railjack causes players to not touch the game due to how buggy and grindy they are until DE fix this or there seems to be a lot of players “moving on”?

I would not enjoy more eidolons because I think the current ones are just horrible.

1. We must use operators.

2. We need to use a specific frame and build to get anything worthwile out of it during the time they are up.

3. You need to be way to close to the thing, so you really see nothing of what is actually going on, just because it is so damn big and the reach on operator weapons is way to short.

They need a massive overhaul before I'd ever consider them fun or have any want or need for further lons. If they rework them to be more like PT then maybe I'd enjoy them, because you dont need to be glued to PT for any reason, so you actually have a fight that feels like a fight and that isnt straight up eye cancer.

Eidlons are so bad that even though they have some of the best loot in game that I still need I just cant be bothered hunting them.

• Like 1

Nah dont worry, when the other 90% of railjack gets released everything else will be back to normal, heck, even i have started thinking about playing other games can you believe it? I play warframe from 4 to 17 hours a day 

Edit: and im a degenerate, functional members of society only log in to do the daily sortie and leave till next day

Edited by (PS4)Apoleon_amarr

7 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

The dethroning of Warframe from Top 10 charts from a day ago while rivals/competitions are gaining players starts to concern me. This could be just another “Content Drought” Period, but I don’t know. What are your opinions or views about this? Could it be the rough launch of Kuva Liches and Railjack causes players to not touch the game due to how buggy and grindy they are until DE fix this or there seems to be a lot of players “moving on”?

If bugs kept people away this game would have died shortly after it was created.

• Like 2

I blame:

• blatant arch-gun damage and hitscan into projectile speed nerfs in a hamfisted attempt to force players to use turrets more,
    • Update: Arch-guns getting nerfed even harder due to the nerf to stat procs,
  • turrets overheating quickly without extensive work into Gunnery intrinsics, coupled with the most commonly dropped turret wreckages coming from that one House that specializes in overheating *cough*Zetki*cough*,
  • the upcoming amesha nerf since it's the only valid archwing to survive getting 1shot,
  • the upcoming massive cryophon nerf since it was the only valid turret to quickly kill enemy ships,
  • the distasteful nerf to Itzal; gutting out and neutering its blink into a slow 3-second cooldown across all archwings while giving it a really lame copy of ripline,
  • the horrible vacuum range that gets worsened in Empyrean with so much loot being lost to space (and DE's allergy towards improving vacuum mechanics),
  • related to the point above: the latter half of an Empyrean match turning into a game of Space Janitor just to find and scavenge all the loot drops,
  • the pessimistic notion that DE clearly doesn't care about buffing archguns back to what they were,
  • the other pessimistic notion that DE wants to resort to increasingly predatory grind and RNG-on-RNG-on-RNG mechanics,
  • the other other pessimistic notion that the DE of today would have kept the Kubrow reroll transaction instead of removing it,
  • a rocky start to Empyrean when everyone's ships were infested with bugs while also being as tough as tinfoil and toilet paper (fires and breaches everywhere),
  • players being 1shot the moment they pop out of a railjack (especially when crewship missiles still homed on archwings)
  • 2% 4% chance to potentially get f#cked by a horrible Mk3 Vidar Reactor roll that's worse than a Mk3 Sigma Reactor! Hooray for the doubled drop chance! And not even a pip about the horrible RNG stat range in this latest update!
  • RNG stats for weapons/equipment which DE avoided mentioning while clearly wanting to proceed with (officially started with Kuva weapons),
  • RNG drop chance on top of RNG "bonus stat" followed by a resource and timegate to use turrets/wreckage without spending 50 plat for a rush drone,
  • badly crude usage of RNG number generation that boils down to "bigger number better",
  • horribly wide RNG stat generation range (see: aforementioned Mk3 Vidar Reactor)
  • misleading advertising repeatedly stressing how you will "get your resources back" on scrapping repaired wreckage while only actually refunding 50% of it,
  • a pervasive attitude that DE is going to do the barest minimum to address the RNG by making it benefit them in plat purchases - i.e. making liches tradable,
  • ignoring game breaking bugs for several months without a fix (i.e. Ropalolyst fight),
  • dismissing player complaints on how cheap kuva lich wrestling executions are, punishing players just for getting a game of chance wrong,
  • locking the latest questline behind the end-region of Empyrean that only spawns for a very short window of time between a large waiting period,
  • hiding weapon parts and a measly chance for exclusive cosmetic/scenes behind said secret tileset resulting in many random public players bumrushing the area and quitting when they don't get what they want,
  • related to the point above: that ephemeras are no longer "achievement-based" as they were promised they'd become - that or beating excessively tiny RNG odds is DE's idea of "achievement-based" now,
  • repeated disappointments that the kingpin system and Empyrean are nothing like how they were originally advertised to be across Tennocons,
  • related to the point above: Empyrean being yet another "content island" despite Steve insisting it not to be so,
  • an insistence on a horribly impractical UI system with emphasis on pushing the tab button and hovering over "about"s,
  • DE rushing out to release Empyrean across all consoles RIGHT before running off for Christmas holidays, leaving PC players stuck with several shabby patch-jobs where some of the fixes didn't work anyway and and punishing console players with an unpatched and broken mess for the following three weeks,
  • the exploitative behavior to milk players of plat via Rush Drones for 3 weeks straight before pretending to be "the good guys" and removing it from the marketplace and now locking it behind a 0.25% "legendary" drop chance when in reality it was because players farmed up the plat faster than they did the resources to repair wreckage the painfully normal way (see: ASTERITE)
  • the mind-boggling decision to make Intrinsics unobtainable once a player has maxed out all their skill trees, forcing 10/10/10/10s to literally wait until they can begin farming Intrinsic points once more once the Command tree comes out - I mean hello, what about focus points?!

And a bunch of others.

And it's not just that Warframe got dethroned, it's also that Warframe's peak player count has steadily reduced with each major update for the past 3 major updates. There were more players coming on for The Old Blood than there were players for Rising Tide and Empyrean.

To DE: The amount of new players you're drawing in with each new mainline update is NOT enough to replace the loss of burnt-out players and other players who are getting actively put off by the increase in bugs and RNG stats. Now's a great time to reverse course on what you've been experimenting with.

Edited by RS219
Constant updates and additions as necessary.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RS219 said:

I blame:

• blatant arch-gun damage and hitscan into projectile speed nerfs,
  • upcoming amesha nerf,
  • the pessimistic notion that DE clearly doesn't care about buffing archguns back to what they were,
  • a rocky start to Empyrean when everyone's ships were infested with bugs while also being as tough as tinfoil and toilet paper,
  • 2% chance to potentially get f#cked by a horrible Mk3 Vidar Reactor roll that's worse than a Mk3 Sigma Reactor,
  • RNG stats for weapons/equipment which DE avoided mentioning while clearly wanting to proceed with (officially started with Kuva weapons),
  • RNG on top of RNG followed by a resource and timegate to use turrets/wreckage without spending 50 plat for a rush drone,
  • a pervasive attitude that DE is going to do the barest minimum to address the RNG by making it benefit them in plat purchases - such as liches becoming tradable.

And a bunch of others.

You forgot to add the blatantly ignoring game breaking bugs for several months without a fix.

• Like 1

I would not worry about it because I read on IGN (Hungarian) a topic about games what generated a lot of money on steam with no particular order. It was on the top 10 mentionned game and it is only the steam version so if you count the non steam plus console versions then it would be much more interesting numbers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

You forgot to add the blatantly ignoring game breaking bugs for several months without a fix.

Ah thanks, I'll add it in along with "dismissively waving away player complaints on the Lich system casually punishing players just for getting their game of chance attempt wrong". (Got any examples to share?)

Edited by RS219

Just now, Joe_Barbarian said:

Right next to "Random excessive time gating on open worlds"

Got a few examples of the "long-unaddressed game-breaking bugs"? And what is the random excessive time-gating referring to? The Veil anomaly?

2 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Got a few examples of the "long-unaddressed game-breaking bugs"? And what is the random excessive time-gating referring to? The Veil anomaly?

Game breaking bugs: The Ropalolyst fight in squads. Bugs include but not limited to:
- Getting stuck on the Ropalolyst
- Getting stuck under the Ropalolyst (kinky)
- Getting stick in the Ropalolyst (not sure how to feel about that one)
- Flying but not flying, can't go up or down you're just stuck at some altitude doing your best wukong impression
- Having to repeat last phase 100 times because you have maybe a .5 - .7 second window to time it right and people gotta learn.
- Ropalolyst getting stuck in the tower
- You can't go into operator
- You can't leave operator

Excessive time Gating: Fortuna Standing.
- Requiring maxed standing to take part in profit taker fights to then get the parts to rank up Vox Solaris to get access to normal warframes requiring for some players over a month of input and hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

Ahh this thread again. Just doesn't want to die. Kinda like warframe?

13 minutes ago, RS219 said:

I blame:

• blatant arch-gun damage and hitscan into projectile speed nerfs,
  • upcoming amesha nerf,
  • the other pessimistic notion that DE wants to resort to increasingly predatory grind and RNG-on-RNG-on-RNG mechanics,
  • a rocky start to Empyrean when everyone's ships were infested with bugs while also being as tough as tinfoil and toilet paper,
  • 2% chance to potentially get f#cked by a horrible Mk3 Vidar Reactor roll that's worse than a Mk3 Sigma Reactor,
  • RNG on top of RNG followed by a resource and timegate to use turrets/wreckage without spending 50 plat for a rush drone,
  • a pervasive attitude that DE is going to do the barest minimum to address the RNG by making it benefit them in plat purchases - such as liches becoming tradable.
  • ignoring game breaking bugs for several months without a fix,
  • dismissing player complaints on how cheap kuva lich wrestling executions are, punishing players just for getting a game of chance wrong

Decent list. I'm not sure they ignore game breaking bugs without a fix on purpose. It was their holiday after all. The rest is pretty accurate though.

@DrivaMain You should be very worried. Hide all your stuff for safekeeping. I will hold it for you if you want, nice guy that I am.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Askorti said:

Oh look, another thread about warframe dropping out of top 10...

why do you even write in them then?

jeez.

I fully agree with the topic, havent played the game for more than 2 weeks now.

Edited by RAZORLIGHT
  • Like 1