Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

Il y a 1 heure, lukasystem a dit :

Need to remember that Steam is not the only way of playing Warframe, since DE got their own launcher for PC version, and other contenders on the list, like Destiny 2, are based only on Steam afaik for PC. Consoles is another story.

Even if steam is not the only way to play Warframe on pc, it's a good indicator of the player base and as so it was used to praise Warframe when the numbers were better after each updates. Si it's perfectly normal that they are used to do the opposite too.

Speaking of consoles, the game is empty on PS4 Asian servers.

On 2020-01-06 at 7:01 PM, MouadSaqui said:

I agree, 100% problem is ... people are again closing their ears saying Eidolons shouldn't be in the game in the first place, I think this community is severely divided to the point where it became almost impossible to co-exist in this forum and reddit without constantly fighting each other, here is what DE should do

1 - Two separate servers, the first one will be casual friendly, with all the daily caps and limitations, let them have their fun week ends, give them boosters and a lot of micro-transactions and cosmetics, the second server is for dedicated players, where everything should be uncapped, and keep updating it with new content and make it subscription based, I will gladly pay to play a game that doesn't make me frustrated when playing it.

2 - DE should stop gambling with money they get from players supporting them with in game purchase of plat and cosmetics, They should stop adding random content and instead fix their own game, make a strong foundation first then release the New war.

Otherwise, the cycle will keep repeating itself and we are just wasting time here.

PS: whoever msg me with personal attacks in game, I'm telling you I don't really give a S#&$, don't bother wasting your energy for nothing.

1 - Never gonna happen.
2 - Preaching to the choir there

PS: Take that to support and don't air your dirty laundry on the forums.

1 hour ago, Xardis said:

Jokes on you, I main Castanas Ivara and I have very low group requirements if ever I take recruits. I mostly run dolons with clanmates when they need help.

And yeach, Birdolon has no depth compared to normal eidolons.

More depth than the tridolons, so you'd be wrong.

Also I was throwing shade at those (must have 1000 perfect captures/must be MR 30 or kys) squads that insta abort if you're not doing exactly what they expect you to do within a margin of .5 milliseconds

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

Now I wonder why nobody in the community is talking about like an Eidolon Expansion or something

probably a few reasons.

firstly, there's a strict Meta surrounding Eidolons, especially speedrunning groups. anything other than 6 (at a push) specific frames and a well-Forma'd, Riven-modded Lanka and you'd be lucky to even land a group. if you have a private group of friends that's different, but even then, you're shoehorned into using specific equipment because everything else drags the fight out too long and it's time gated to begin with.

second, Ropalolyst left a bad taste in people's mouths, and people would complain if the next Eidolon was another Terry Reskin or Ropalolyst 2.0. at the same time, making something new is much harder and may not always be well received.

by playerbase I mean us, the "noobs", the Low MRs who doesn't care about that Mastery rank test and play the game on a daily basis bcs its FUN and GRINDY.

if you want grind, Mastery rank is a good one. do the tests, practice them first then do them, and then keep reaching higher and higher ranks. that will give you something to do for quite some time. and while I don't recommend it, you could always powerlevel your way to the top like so many do at Hydron.

maybe we should all speak for ourselves, rather then letting these content creators speak for us. I personally think the feedback section should be bombarded with constructive criticism.

Content creators don't represent everyone's views, I likely disagree with 99% of content creators anyway, Railjack is about the first update where I've found myself going "WTF DE?", though Specters of The Rail was also a close one.  every other time, thigns have been either good or great for me. the feedback section likely does have a lot of constructive feedback, you just have to look for it.

since you like Eidolons, I recommend you also try your hand at Profit Taker when you get the chance. we're still waiting on the 3rd Orb Mother so we'll probably get that long before DE decides to add more Eidolons, unless The New War brings one.

At tennocon 2019 they said “we don’t want to reveal another open world, we want to talk about connection”...  “We don’t want Railjack to be another Island” not only did we get another Island"...

We also only got the reveal of another Open world.  Because we knew about everything else….

And they haven’t finished releasing stuff from Tennocon 2018...    Going to be hard to get excited this year...

I don't know how DE fixes realjack other then reduce the resource grind to repair stuff by x3 and buff weapons on railjack itself by x3, x4 or x5. But even then it does nothing to address the fact every single railjack mission is the same thing. That DE wants to nerf amesha simply because it's finally being used no one, not even at DE would of said Amesha needs a nerf if Railjack didn't exist. hell a few months ago Scott was like "Nerf Itzal blink." simply because k-drives are still radically inefficient at open world traversal then any archwing. 

DE has to stop this "nerf whats popular" and go to "buff whats unpopular to make it worth using". The declinine in the game's population isn't " new players aren't playing" it's older players leaving warframe until there's somethign worth doing. Though I know clanmates who haven't logged back on in a year simply because they found it boring grind even back then. Players who are MR16+. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

At tennocon 2019 they said “we don’t want to reveal another open world, we want to talk about connection”...  “We don’t want Railjack to be another Island” not only did we get another Island"...

We also only got the reveal of another Open world.  Because we knew about everything else….

And they haven’t finished releasing stuff from Tennocon 2018...    Going to be hard to get excited this year...

To be fair, that statement about connection and moving away from island type of contents, was on the context of the squad link concept and not Railjack itself.

11 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

We had more people playing for a Wukong update than Railjack.

I could be wrong, but I think this wasn't due to Wukong, but rather was the "tennocon effect".

Tennocon is the best "update" the game has every year in how it hypes up and promotes Warframe, making people wanting to come back or try out this weird game.

As much as I love the monkey king, I don't think we would have seen those numbers if it had been released outside of this time window.

On 2019-11-10 at 6:09 PM, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Warframe has been dropping in and out of steams top 10 since Destiny 2 went free to play.

To be fair Destiny 2 has improved a lot since launch. Still I believe Destiny 2 going FTP accounts for a small margin of decreasing steam numbers. Though it does make sense for players to quite Warframe and try Destiny 2, but those players can come back. 

However I am ready to be proven wrong or have my mind changed.

Edited by WH1735S0W

11 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I could be wrong, but I think this wasn't due to Wukong, but rather was the "tennocon effect".

Tennocon is the best "update" the game has every year in how it hypes up and promotes Warframe, making people wanting to come back or try out this weird game.

As much as I love the monkey king, I don't think we would have seen those numbers if it had been released outside of this time window.

Oh absolutely, and it's largely in part to Nightwave as well imo since it definitely added some retention.

However the fact remains, upon the release of a Wukong update we had a higher player count than the hyped up BIG update of the year.

1 hour ago, WH1735S0W said:

To be fair Destiny 2 has improved a lot since launch

What kind of improvement we're talking about here? From what I see random rolls came back again and somehow they're a good thing in destiny 2 while it's not in warframe? Also, they still have expensive DLC with now having season pass on top after the break from Activision so my hunch about Activision did nothing wrong was technically right

14 minutes ago, 844448 said:

From what I see random rolls came back again and somehow they're a good thing in destiny 2 while it's not in warframe?

I can get literally 30 guns in Destiny in time it takes for a single part to drop in Warframe.

Random rolls ARE ok... ONLY IF you give the player a truck ton of them at all times. THAT'S the difference.

• Like 1

I can just tell you about myself:

I want to play, but i have nothing to do. I could farm those new railjack skillpoints... but for what? If railjack will be part of the future gameplay then i will get anything up to 10 anyway... otherwiese it is not worth the time, because the umbra forma are super rare. The chance that i find a better reactor than my +70 one (not the one that anyone wants... but hey, it has +70 and future zones should drop better stuff anyway, right?)

I could farm plat... like i do since over a year.... or... NOT. I'm just bored do death and really hope that the next update now isnt 6 month away.
What annoyes me is that they dont say anything at all... like when the storyquest before this one came out i saw a youtube video about "it comes this weekend" and 6 hours later i played it (it came out 2 hours after the video but i didnt even realized that WEEEND ment thursday/friday. With railjack it was somehow the same "wooops... here it is....SOON tm Trailer just got uploaded... here is the patch"

I log in to "level the login counter bonus" and make a forma... what an epic update...clear 3 zones by joining others.. didnt even took me a day and i got the MK3 blueprints while doing it, using drones because since there isnt new content i had way to much plat farmed up.

On 2020-01-06 at 2:24 PM, MouadSaqui said:

I don't know why literally nobody is talking about how fun is to kill an Eidolon, It has Challenge, it require team play (for Tridolon at least ), and it has rewards, you kill a boss, you get your loot, then your repeat the cycle until you're satisfied.

it's simple - because it is not. And FYI people are soloing tridolons already, so here goes your "require team play".

23 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

Casuals will not like Eidolon hunt, bcs its "tooo complicated" for them to enjoy, fine....

it's not "complexity" that ruins "fun" aspect of tridolons. As a matter of fact the combat loop is quite easy. It's just that they are riddles with nuisances just for the sake of nuisances and considering the fact that you are expected to run hundreds of them to get what you may want from them (proper arcanes in sufficient numbers, stuff from quills shop, uncapped focus exp... those nuisances keep stacking to a point where it cease to be enjoyable experience. At least for everyone I have talked on the subject with, and myself.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Steadily declining, yes.

I couldn't give 2 hoots about the top ten tbh, it's besides the point.

Fortuna release, November 2018: Peak of ~132,000 players.

Nightwave initial release, February 2019: Peak of ~115,000 players. Noticeable increase in retention throughout the later months, not shown in current period.

Wukong rework, Prime and reinforcements, July 2019: Peak of ~96,000 players.

The Old Blood, late October 2019: Peak of ~88,000 players.

Rising Tide, dry Dock, November 2019: Peak also of ~88,000 players.

The actual Railjack release, after over a year and a half of hyping, ~84,000 players. 

We had more people playing for a Wukong update than Railjack.

And yes, blah blah Christmas came along and other games and blah blah. It's the same every year, and yet somehow Warframe has over 20,000 less people than it did last year during this same period. The playerbase has declined, this has not been a good year for Warframe. I'm sorry Sneaky, I know you have good intentions and you raise valid points about other games having an impact, but we do the game and DE a disservice by acting like this is totally normal. People are taking this over the top, yes, there's no reason to panic about it not being in the top ten and there's no reason to panic and abandon ship right now. But that of course works both ways, people may be taking this over the top, but it's not helped by those who keep saying everything is okay when there's very clearly something that isn't. It makes people yell louder or use more hyperbole to try and get through, and before you know it what may have been a good point is construed as something very different.

Peaks are as uninteresting as top 10 results though. The numbers are not steadily declining unless you look at the peaks. The concurrent number, which is the interesting one and the one that has any meaning has been steady since before Fortuna. You know, that period in time when it became popular to be a YTer and complain about doom and gloom. Sure we've had massive peaks, but they mean little in the end when the game gets back to its stable active player number. What we can really see from the difference in concurrent player numbers between end/start of 2018/2019 and end/start of 2019/2020 is just that Fortuna was more popular, or well, more mainstream focused than Empyrean, so far more easily accessible to a wider audience.

And the thing is, this is very normal for free-to-play games and WF is doing better than most. It's like DotA, TF2, Destiny 2, PoE and WF that are pulling good numbers as F2P games on Steam. Outside of Steam you have that bastard FNBR aswell.

6 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

How strange! Tennocon to me just means a lull in content and patches while they hold everything back for their big hype party every year. I actually play the least amount before and following tennocon.

25 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Peaks are as uninteresting as top 10 results though.

They really aren't.

26 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The concurrent number, which is the interesting one and the one that has any meaning has been steady since before Fortuna.

Short of holding your eyes open with matchsticks I can't really force you to look at the chart properly, but I'll implore you all the same to look at the chart objectively.

jgkgRLz.png

This is the 6 month period leading up to Fortuna. The majority of this portion shows +100k concurrent players. The data is obviously not as detailed as the recent data, but it serves it's purpose.

I don't need to post the current playercounts according to the charts, but they're very clearly not +100k concurrent. In fact, over the past month I'd say they're a very steady "half" of that.

If you want we can look at the "average players", whatever that average is taken from (hopefully average players per day across the month)? The average players across December, the month in which the big annual update Railjack was released was 47k, supposedly.

Now lets look at the same 6 month period outlined above and mentioned by you to be a similar steady amount, in the build up to Fortuna.

JaLXyG3.png

More, each and every single month of downtime last year had more average players than the release month of Railjack. October 2019 had the lowest "average" player count in two and half years.

You can't really argue with numbers, Sneaky.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

They really aren't.

Short of holding your eyes open with matchsticks I can't really force you to look at the chart properly, but I'll implore you all the same to look at the chart objectively.

jgkgRLz.png

This is the 6 month period leading up to Fortuna. The majority of this portion shows +100k concurrent players. The data is obviously not as detailed as the recent data, but it serves it's purpose.

I don't need to post the current playercounts according to the charts, but they're very clearly not +100k concurrent. In fact, over the past month I'd say they're a very steady "half" of that.

If you want we can look at the "average players", whatever that average is taken from (hopefully average players per day across the month)? The average players across December, the month in which the big annual update Railjack was released was 47k, supposedly.

Now lets look at the same 6 month period outlined above and mentioned by you to be a similar steady amount, in the build up to Fortuna.

JaLXyG3.png

More, each and every single month of downtime last year had more average players than the release month of Railjack. October 2019 had the lowest "average" player count in two and half years.

You can't really argue with numbers, Sneaky.

Yeah, but also look at the months prior to that. It started to peak somewhere in june, prior to that all of 2018 was far lower, in numbers similar to 2019.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah, but also look at the months prior to that. It started to peak somewhere in june, prior to that all of 2018 was far lower, in numbers similar to 2019.

I think this is the very definition of moving a goalpost. First it was...

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

The concurrent number, which is the interesting one and the one that has any meaning has been steady since before Fortuna.

Which I disproved, so you change to "actually, I was referring to the numbers over 6 months before Fortuna and entirely ignoring the fact that they grew substantially later on thus making them not "steady" at all".

Yes, early 2018 numbers were similar to current numbers (this isn't a good thing, given that this was several months post Plains of Eidolon vs a brand spanking new major update). The second half of 2018 had higher numbers, as did early 2019. That's a good thing, as it means DE released content that can be considered "good" and thus the playerbase grew.

This isn't how math works, Sneaky. Just because we're at similar numbers now to what we were early 2018 does not mean we've been holding steady since early 2018.

Or does October's 34k average players mean we've been holding steady since early 2017? 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I think this is the very definition of moving a goalpost. First it was...

Which I disproved, so you change to "actually, I was referring to the numbers over 6 months before Fortuna and entirely ignoring the fact that they grew substantially later on thus making them not "steady" at all".

Yes, early 2018 numbers were similar to current numbers (this isn't a good thing, given that this was several months post Plains of Eidolon vs a brand spanking new major update). The second half of 2018 had higher numbers, as did early 2019. That's a good thing, as it means DE released content that can be considered "good" and thus the playerbase grew.

This isn't how math works, Sneaky. Just because we're at similar numbers now to what we were early 2018 does not mean we've been holding steady since early 2018.

Or does October's 34k average players mean we've been holding steady since early 2017? 

I just based it on my own memory regarding it. I'm mearly pointing out that the decline didnt start after fortuna, it has been there previously aswell and the numbers come back to roughly the same concurrent numbers. That is a steady population, even though it has dips and peaks outside of that. An actual decline would require the population to drop significantly below earlier bottom numbers and stay that way. 

You are right though, start of 2018 was months after PoE, while now it is connection to a release. Just as with Fortuna, PoE was more available to the wider crowd, also with alot more to do because both of them were finished content additions. Empyrean is short, because it is the first step of this new system, it is fairly easy to get everything done in a few weeks and then there isnt much reason to play it. PoE and Fortuna were time gated through rep grinds, several different rep grinds, both to gain the right rank aswell as buying the items. Empyrean is also a far more niche type of content, with more restrictions so wont attract new players like PoE and Fortuna did, where you could hit up that new content very early on. PoE got me into playing and it was available to me before I had even finished leveling my Excal. And it was a rough experience going out there fresh with barely any mods on anything.

I think it is more the setup of Empyrean that has resulted in a nearly nonexistant player rise. The pre requisits and so on for building the jack, needing a clan etc. Many thing that werent needed with neither PoE and Fortuna, likely the biggest mistake with the empyrean system. The lack of NPC crew also chews away a good chunk of players that prefer solo-play. And those are all design flaws imo that have resulted in this lack of a rise.

This has however not resulted in a decline, neither this or the horrible liches, they have both however resulted in a stagnant population and failed to attract new players aswell as old ones to return.

Well, since people are still talking down here, I'll give my 2 cents :

Warframe is an old game, it is NORMAL that it is losing players. As far as I'm aware, updates are still coming, there are still people playing, it's OK.

Fistfull of frags is almost completely deserted now, is it because the game is bad ? Because the devs don't listen ? No, it's just old, and that's OK.

People don't seem to understand the difference between correlation and causality. "I don't like X and Y aspects of the game, thus the devs don't listen to us and that's why the game is dying", how bout no ? " AAA game does a thing, this is why the game is dying", how bout double no ?

Yall know it's possible for a game to lose players Naturally ? As time goes by, new shiny things come out, people get bored of old things and move on. Not everything has to be because of dramatic reasons.

Of course don't get me wrong, destiny f2p might very well be the main reason of warframe's decline, it makes a lot of sense I agree. But people jump on that train a bit too easily. By many people's logic here, I can blame warframe's decline on anything I fancy, and it would make just as much sense. Emmanuel Macron's election started warframe's decline, prove me wrong !

Sure, many of those reasons people are calling may be true, but I've seen enough "OW will kill TF2", " GW will kill WOW", "HOTS will kill LOL", " destiny1, anthem and destiny 2 (pre-f2p) will kill warframe (still lmao on that one)" to not raise an eyebrow at this kind of statement.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I just based it on my own memory regarding it. I'm mearly pointing out that the decline didnt start after fortuna, it has been there previously aswell and the numbers come back to roughly the same concurrent numbers.

This is simply... nonsense. Yes, there are ups and downs, there always are. However there is absolutely no defined "stable" number of concurrent players. Warframe has consistently grown. 2018 was bigger than 2017, 2017 was bigger than 2016, 2016 was bigger than 2015. The chart may dip, but the numbers yearly have consistently grown... except for in 2019.

12 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

An actual decline would require the population to drop significantly below earlier bottom numbers and stay that way. 

That's exactly what has happened.

We can of course say, "lets see what happens when Railjack part 3 is released" but how many times must you say "lets wait and see what the next update brings" before you see that there is a downward trend? What if what you say is true, about how Railjack is simply not designed to actually bring people back. What happens when we get a peak 2,000 players lower than the previous one at 45k... Do we then wait months for Duviri holding out hope that that will be the update that brings people back?

It won't, but that's besides the point. The point is you cannot deny that there is a downward trend, and you cannot pretend that it's normal for Warframe. Draw a line from peak to peak. Hell, draw a line from dip to dip, you'll see the same thing.

hNvPuIh.png

This is not stable, this is not normal. DE aren't at risk in the slightest right now, but it's not a stable or stagnant playercount right now, it is going down and recent updates haven't helped.

• Like 2