Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

the mission failure loop for a non-host is infuriating.

Matchmake into a game > host (pilot) damages ship into catastrophic failure > forced extract into host's dojo > host ragequits from dojo > forced loading screen to orbiter > repeat

the bolded part is a RIDICULOUS time waste and needs to be skippable in some way.

PS
Oh, a random matchmade person can take over the pilot seat of your railjack and you as the owner have no way of kicking them off?
Brilliant. Truly.

Edited by Shifted
  • Like 1

The autoroll has to go. I know it's supposed to make it easier for people by removing the need for them to manually correct their roll, but at worst, it makes you feel like you're wrestling for controls against the game. It's probably one of the bigger things adding to the discomfort people are feeling as it often times look like the entire world is rotating against them.

Archwings are really bad now. It feels like you're a turret on a sliding platform with a really underwhelming weapon. The ability to shift directions so rapidly while aiming is really horrible to look at. The weapons have way too much travel time for the targets they're shooting at, we shoot at tiny enough targets, having to lead shots by a large margin is pretty horrible. To make matters worse, we're still vertical locked even though the Railjack isn't, resulting in combat easily spiraling to you spinning left and right constantly to move between targets above and below you.

tl;dr

• Get rid/toggle for the Railjack's auto-roll, it always feels like you're fighting for control against the game.
  • Archwing movement really needs another reconsideration. In it's current iteration, it's really just toggle noclip and flying around at max speed. There's virtually no input involved beyond you moving your mouse to lead targets half the screen away. Even ground movement has the room for that sort of self-improvement with aerial/wall maneuvers.
  • Get rid/toggle vertical locking already. It's just making the game more frustrating for the people who enjoy flight while the people who already hate Archwings are still going to hate it.
  • Consider looking at more varied projectile speeds. Especially when you consider we have 2 hitscan guns that just became a lousy Velocitus. Or at least provide more feedback on your bullet travel. It often times feels like your bullets are travelling slower than they should, resulting in it looking like your hits just don't register.
Edited by RX-3DR

The using resources to create repair gel is kind of annoying. I can either make sure we don't fail the mission or I can have resources to build equipment later.

Oh, and that's assuming we even get the resources we need to craft the repair gel, and the ship owner even brought enough repair gel.

Also Archwings are way to vulnerable to enemy fire. Even Amesha with max Shields, Health, and Armor can't even last a few seconds against enemy fire. This is especially annoying because as soon as you're outside you're immediately attacked by everything.

Edited by Grave.Knight
  • Like 2

Okay, i will be quick.

Like a large amount of players, i'm alone in my clan, after being the only active player.

The basic upgrades (turrets, reactor, etc) are designed to be absolutely necessary past the 4 or 5 first skirmish.

And, did you even realize what you are demanding from players in terms of grind ?

I mean, really. Did you even try ? Look at those numbers, it's completely insane.

I wont even bother to upgrade anything at this stage, and as a result, i wont be able to play this. Well, somehow that's a relief.

Edited by Stonehenge
  • Like 2

The entire Revolite situation is pathetic - watching the ship die because some stupid resource hasn't arbitrarily dropped is making me want to quit and not come back.

edit: just failed ANOTHER mission because of this - we went in with full pre-stocked revolite, not even a single cubic diode dropped during the mission, we died because we couldn't fix a breach in the cardboard hull. I give up. The omni needs to have infinite 'ammo', and at most, require a free recharge by going to the forge. None of this resource-scarcity crap.

Other feedback - Ramsleds desperately need a different icon, as do crewships. There's no way to pick targets when they all look like a red diamond. The 'sprint' boost you unlock at whatever level of Piloting doesn't auto-disable when the (unnecessary) boost bar is empty, so the ship runs on fumes and the bar doesn't regenerate. The animation for entering turrets needs to be sped up, and honestly considering how much you give up compared to flying around in archwing to be in one, their damage/rate of fire/whatever needs to be doubled.

Disabling crewships with Railjack fire is far too difficult right now compared to someone simply getting inside. It makes the missiles feel completely pointless, since even an arch-gun does much more, and getting inside the blow the reactor is trivial either way.

The minor hull breaches and electrical damage are far, far too common - often it feels like I'm doing absolutely fine piloting away from enemy fire, and the ship is falling apart around me anyway. They just feel like make-work, and Cy constantly babbling about them doesn't help. Ditto boarding parties and the fires they start, although as I said above, if there was an effective way to target ramsleds before they hit, that might be less of a problem.

Edited by Captain_Killy
  • Like 3

What is the point of the forward artillery, when the Archwing Cannon does the job just as well and cheaper? What is the point of Ordnance, given that any weapons we have for the Railjack are outdone by Archguns, usually by an order of magnitude or more? Why does doing anything useful or fun with the Railjack require that we spend the resources we need for progression?

• Like 1

I'm liking the general gameplay but I really think the damage numbers for every weapon/enemy/railjack/archwing needs to be looked at.

I don't know how people without Amesha are doing any content past earth because it just gets worse from there.

GBxHyW9.png

Edited by zakaryx
  • Like 2

For the love of all that is holy, please stop rushing updates, DE.

1. Absolutely no in-game tutorial or help on how things work. I had to hopelessly fumble around in my first solo missions, watching a 60 second clock reach zero because I didn't know what to do. Make me feel like a space ninja, not a headless chicken.

2. Too many different features in the Railjack itself. I am completely alienated by the sheer amount of information and upgrades there are for the Railjack and there is no extensive information on how to deal with all these different features in-game. Again, I have to resort to outside sources and help.

3. Why can I craft 350 Revolite but only take 200 with me in my Omni?

4. No navigation inside your Railjack. Where the hell is that supposed Resource Forge? The aft bunker of the Railjack? Can't find it anywhere - can't use it during missions.

5. Bugs, Glitches, Bugs, Glitches, Bugs, Glitches...

Moral of the story - stop rushing updates for specific events/dates. I don't care about content drought. Make your updates an experience I want to look forward to and not say "Cool, and now after release I'll have to wait another 1-2 weeks before I ever start thinking to touch that new feature."

• Like 2

Empyrean needs infinite vacuum range / make it so that all resources and mods are picked up as soon as they drop in space, the map is far too big and good drops are easily missed.

Revolite is a huge chore to make.  The amount of ammo used should be reduced and making some should not take the forges out of commission for minutes at a time.  Why can't you make the process automated, where the Railjack just automatically keeps replenishing the Revolite as it keeps getting depleted?  It seems silly to keep running back and forth to keep making the stuff and then you find out that all the forges are out of commission and then you get a hull breach so your ship blows up and you have to watch it blow up because you can't make more.

it's a moderate to severe mistake for the Turrets on the Railjack to not inherit movement from the Parent (the Railjack). this is a standard method employed in all Military Technology, that Turrets auto stabilize and part of that is automatically compensating for the parent Vehicle moving.

what that means, is that what Military Technology does in short, is that the Turret always automatically adjusts itself to stay in the same position relative to its track of travel.
or even simpler, if the host Vehicle turns 30°, the Turret turns 30°. it perfectly mirrors all movement by the host Vehicle.

now, why is this done? well the biggest reason is that it means the Turret stays where the operator left it instead of always being flopped into one corner of its track.
for a Video Game it also just looks better (keeps a clear view automatically instead of constantly pushing the Camera into a wall).
this also should help reduce Motion Sickness, as relative to the host Vehicle, the Turret doesn't just move on its own (trying to hold a fixed position to reduce Motion Sickness that way will only work for all of a couple seconds until the Ship turns more than a few Degrees and then it loses that).

this is very much a scenario where how things work in reality should be copied wholesale.

the Railjack feels a lot more like a moving Movie Theater than... a Vehicle. it's so sanitized that it feels like a chore to drive it. just go with Spaceplane if you ask me.

the Ship layout has one critical problem, that there is only one way to get to the Cargo Bay area at the Stern of the Ship. only one set of Doors in and out, while the rest of the Ship has a fairly flexible layout.
while we have Fast Travel and can bypass navigational prroblems for the most part sure, it doesn't change that that said room feels disconnected from the rest of the Ship, in a way.
to a lesser degree, the Bridge feels disconnected from the rest of the Ship. the room directly behind the Bridge is... still the Bridge it seems based on the features of it, but then there's another set of Doors past that, creating another 'one tunnel in/out' situation. it's not as severe as with the Cargo Bay, but it's a similar issue. basically in context of how Players move in this game, it's probably for the best for the Ship to have a semi-open layout for all of the rooms.

i consider this a Bug, however whenever you are interacting with a 'seat' of any type in the ship, the Map no longer works. the Map is already a bit sterile of important information, but ceasing to function at all really hurts coordination between Players. you can't see where anybody is or what's going on in the Ship without getting out of the 'seat', which is rather silly. 
there's also a total lack of a Map of the Mission, not even vague landmarks. this doesn't have to be on the HUD really, the Navigation Console could have a cool looking 3D map built into it? that would feel very Ship-like.

8 hours ago, nslay said:

It already was a projectile weapon. Now the Imperator Vandal projectiles move even slower?

it was not already a Projectile Weapon, like most Archwing Weapons it was a Ray Trace Weapon previously, with Tracers added. Tracers have to move slowly so that you can actually see them, you couldn't have Tracers at infinity Meters per Second, after all. you wouldn't be able to see them. hehe.

Big thing i want to gripe about right now is the post mission collect-a-thon.

Right now only the Railjacks themselves can scoop up avionics and dirac drops, when theres dozens of these spread over a 5-8km area a pilot can easily spend as long collecting them as the mission just took.

Suggestion: Allow players in AW to pick up dirac, and allow them to tow avionics back to the Railjack.

• Like 1

To me it is still to early to have an opinion on the whole economy/items part but, from the very first mission one thing became abundantly clear, something needs to be done about the loot in space. At the moment this is how things go; Spend 3/5 minutes fighting, and then another 3/5 minutes with the whole group going up and down on the map searching for resources and mods. It's not fun.

Right now this is what is really killing the experience for me; I'm enjoying what Railjack is offering but I'm having to waste way too much time just flying around searching for stuff. In my opinion, a massive increase in the range of the autoloot is the way to go.

EDIT: As others have also said, another option is to simply give us all the loot dropped at the end. Either way, the more you folks manage to keep us using our time in the action and less on the "looting", the better.

Edited by Valok

25 minutes ago, Dualstar said:

Suggestion: Allow players in AW to pick up dirac, and allow them to tow avionics back to the Railjack.

Not enough. Looting in Archwing has always been horrible, time to fix it once and for all: in all space missions (Archwing, Railjack), all loot should get automatically picked up the moment it drops, for everyone in the group, regardless of distance.

Possible Solutions to Major Player Issues

1. Remove Space Drops - All resources dropped in Space is awarded to player after mission 

2. Revolite is Infinite but you need to "Refill it" by going to a "Refill Station" which multiple will be placed around the ship. ( Or change Crafting Recipe to use Ferrite \ Alloy \ Nanospores \ Rubedo ) 

Railjack is neat, but I'm not ready to call it fun yet. Have to complete a mission first.

I did better playing solo than in a team - but that just means it took me longer to fail the mission by myself than it did as a team (like, solo I got 20 fighters downed; in a team we got blown apart within about 4 minutes). 

My biggest recommendations (some of which are coming as someone who did some solo experimentation): 

1. Redo the layout of the Railjack substantially, so you can actually get to where you need to be in a practical amount of time. Like, put a top-to-bottom central elevator system, or put teleporters in the Railjack to the different stations, or some such. Right now, it's like navigating the Kuva fortress.
  2. If you're solo, will we get a "cloak the ship when I leave?" option? That would be very welcome. 
  3. Railjacks need AI crew and player crew in the same mission. Get on that. 
  4. Fiddle reduction, but I predict that will happen on its own -- they'll reduce configuration options and configuration screens to streamline this whole thing. 
Edited by Ham_Grenabe

A few points in no particular order:

1.- Problems with archwing flight model: no rolls, limited 180º pitch, u are forced to move into your crosshair direction (like your frame doesnt have arms to shoot into another direction...), autoforward speed... that must go away.

Possible solution: scrap that archwing flight model and recover the old Titania flight model where you could mode and shoot, without autoforward movement, no pitch restrictions, etc. And just add it the roll option. Then, add the "Auto roll" toggle option into the menu for those players that prefer having a plane of reference.

2.- Problems with railjack flight model: autoroll, u are forced to move into your crosshair direction... again, that must go away.

Possible solution: as before, add an "Auto roll" toggle option into the menu. Make the pilot crosshair independent of the movement (for example: i want to be able to shoot while maintaining a semi-paralel flight to the objective, so my lateral squadmate into the turret can have a clear vision).

3.- Railjack turrets: those are bad. Plainly. Archguns are better in any way. And they are hard to aim when pilot is maneuvering.

Possible solution: Increase turret damage. And turrets need auto stabilization to follow the railjack movements, so they easier to aim.

4.- Changes into archguns: new projectile weapons are horrid. They make too difficult to shoot (even more difficult because of the horrid archwing flight model).

Possible solution: scrap those changes entirely.

• Like 4

Oh, yes, definitely - the Railjack base turrets need to do about 2-3x the damage they do now, and each station should be firing four of them instead of 2. I see that there's a gunnery intrinsic for getting "3D engagement space," so that's fine as a pursuit. But the basic guns need to be amped up significantly, right now. 

first impressions after 12 hours:

SO.... this has been a super bug infested mess... but... unlike liches I think you guys might have gotten this right.

When it is working, it's actually pretty good.

the economy seems pretty decent as well as skill progression, with early levels being easy and later levels tapering off, which is good.

you get the resources at a rate that seems to be working pretty well, and your upgrades are there.

you can't ramp up everything right away but you can make good progress.

so far the only weird thing is that after clearing saturn entirely, is that my archwing is better than the ship with as much upgrades as we can stack on it.

it's become more efficient to have 3 guys with arches clear the map and 1 dude running around repairing, which seems counter intuitive.  for the record, I do have arch rivens that are beast and best builds in slot on my arch and gun.  it's also a little disappointing that arch melee has no practical application... maybe grineer troopers at some point?

that said, the game "feels' much much better than liches which I hate (and i finished that grind, all weapons, all ephemera), but the bugs you have so far are pretty game breaking and frustrating.  like literally, it breaks the game and can't stay this way, please hotfix asap:

some stuff:
1) infinite load screens on the way back from mission mean you have to abort and lose all progress... this sucks given that it can take some time to do these missions, one of the longer ones we did was 2 hours... guess which one crashed on the way back?  yes we get our intrinsics, but all that loot is gone forever...
2) entering areas when switching from arch to warframe and vice versa can confuse the controls where you are in your warframe in space or perhaps, in your warframe on a ship, but you're flying like in archwing.  it also prevents you from opening doors.
3) grineer ships and tiles often have doors you can't get through at all, someone else has to come open them.  in some cases they are hard blocked by a busted door... is that intentional?  it means you can't blow the ship.
4) this one is more of a criticism than a bug(possibly): some resources can't be picked up in arch... this sucks.  Diroc being the main one, but it also applies to avionics and some other resources.  it takes forever to run around with the ship afterword and clean them all up... we basically finish the mission and play vaccumm cleaner for the next 20 Minutes while everyone sits twiddling their thumbs... this can't be intentional.  If it is, it's bad.  let us pick up all resources in arch pls, there is no good reason to force us to play vacuum, that's not fun at all.  If that's your intention your design is bad/wrong if you want this to be an action game.  diroc is too important early on to leave sitting, and this isn't like endo in a normal mission, it doesn"t take us 10 seconds to get there, it takes us 20 minutes to run around the map and pick up all the stuff.

At the moment it feels like a sortie hijack mission in space with level1 weapons equipped. Make Railjack a space battleship ASAP, plz :)

As a gunner you should be able to lock a target so that your turrets have a better aiming (because the turrets are not stabilized!).

IMO all systems should be accessible on the bridge (at least 1 crafting panel on the bridge, plz)

Copy&paste the Elite Dangerous flight model please (ship launched fighter flight model for archwing, "big ship" flight model for railjack).

This gamemode has huge potential to be awesome..... but  that's a long road for now....

Edited by sorcer3r

3 minutes ago, sorcer3r said:

At the moment it feels like a sortie hijack mission in space with level1 weapons equipped. Make Railjack a space battleship ASAP, plz 🙂

The Railjack is too fragile, that is true. I don't want it to be nimble and fast -- it's a big ship -- but it should be tanky. As you say, it's basically just a big slow soft target right now.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 4

Just now, Ham_Grenabe said:

The Railjack is too fragile, that is true. I don't want it to be nimble and fast -- it's a big ship -- but it should be tanky. As you say, it's basically just a big slow soft target right now.

Yep. I wouldn't even use it as a freighter in its current state.

• Like 3