Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack Mission and Difficulty Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Empyrean: Railjack Mission and Difficulty Feedback Megathread

Use this megathread to post all of your mission-based feedback for Railjack. This can include enemies, the mission mode itself, difficulty level and anything that falls into the mission modes overall.

Please remember to keep your feedback civil, constructive and succinct. It doesn’t help us find issues or know what you enjoy if you do not explain clearly what you do or do not like, why you do or do not like it, and what you would like to see differently if you dislike a system.

Have fun, and let us know what you think!

The Carrier Damage even at low levels against Max Modded Archwings is pretty nuts.

Level 15 Ships pretty much shredded our archwings. We were Spamming Amesha bubbles to stay alive. I can't imagine higher level missions going outside would be viable. 

Recommend changing it from fast perfect aim projectiles to something like a slow tracking stream where players can better dodge shots. Essentially shooting with a 1.5s delay to Archwing path unless player stands still \ close to point of shot for 2s in which case they are likely to take damage.

Normal Fighter damage seems to be fine.

• Like 1

Just did my first mission, got back into the dojo and wanted to see last mission rewards screen again so i could tell people what items we got. That screen is not available from the dojo, i had to go to my orbiter for it to show up. This is not new, but with railjacks docking in the dojo the dojo as a meeting point has become a lot more important.

tldr: Make last mission rewards screen accessible in the dojo

• Like 1

• needing to farm a material to just even repair anything on railjack missions sucks SO much.
  • it being nearly impossible to play this solo is a massive mood killer, i get that you wanted to release this earlier, but not having npc crews and not wanting to play with pubs means solo play is basically impossible
  • as an above poster said, archwings take WAY too much damage to really be used reliably, and i'm still on the first mission
  • did i mention revolite is a dumb concept? the least you guys could've done was warn us that we'd need to spend all the time we had farming for pustules and diodes to be able to keep playing the new game mode.
  • the forge things to craft more revolite are practically invisible, and given that they only activate during missions, you can't even scout them out in your dock. give more stuff map icons
  • getting into and out of the gunner turrets feels WAY too slow, i was hoping to be able to swap to stronger guns to pick some guys off after patching up some holes but its just way too sluggish to be able to use on your own

basically just remove this arbitrary limited repair resource and make it solo-able. playing with pubs feels like pulling teeth and i don't have friends to group up with; tone down the difficulty for solo players as we wait for NPC crews

• Like 5

I've yet to really hit the higher levels, although when I did die it was quite fast. I do bear in mind that intrinsics will buff Archwing, but it's a potential concern.

Revolite is fine, but efficiency and max capacity is quite low for the number of things we need to repair. A buff, either at base or intrinsics (or both) would be much appreciated.

Agreed with above poster about the Turrets. Entry and exit should be much snappier, it makes using them a fair bit less fair.

On the solo debate, my inability to complete even the lowest level mission solo at base power was a... non issue for me. Matchmaking bugs aside, it was much better alongside teammates anyway, much more focused. I'm sure as I get stronger I'll come back and crush them.

• Like 1

Some of these ships seem hit (archwings) like absolute trucks. 

I think it was the crew ships - which I grant, the main cannon of a ship like that would leave a mark - completely splatter me through all of Amesha's 2, 3, and 4 at the same time. 

Though I think the fire redirect feature of the 2 may be broken in RJ missions at least. 

. . . Also, I'm kinda annoyed that you made all the AW guns projectile based, even though it makes sense.  Could you at least give them the lead indicators from the gunnery skill? 

Im worried down the line. As Players without a Railjack at all, who are Unable to spend Intrinsics at all. They will become Parasites in Difficult Missions because they are level 0 in all regards. The first mission was a challenge with us having all 0s but as our pilot got some levels in we barely made by. Relying on PuGs Will pose the issue of getting players without a Ship and thus have no levels. meaning they will not be able to provide anything of use on a mission past the Earth section.

This is make forming a party a threat and a massive potential waste of resources if 1 or more of your Crew Members are Useless. This will potentially bring an end forming parties pulled up by randoms unless its done via the Recruiting Channel and the skills can be verified. All because players are punished for not building their own ship and instead relies on others.

• Like 1

im enjoying it so far, mostly.

but i would say for all the work ive put into archwing and archwing weaponry, they are faaaarrrrrr to frikken weak on even the first level on earth's railjack missions. 

also, primary and secondary weapons that destroy enemies at high levels do almost nothing to ship reactors, meanwhile melee is pwning the ever living ruk out of them.

archwing melee is pretty much obsolete, as enemy ships are so fast that they stay a good bit ahead of you EVEN when youre using blink every second it becomes available. you cannot get close enough to use archwing melee on them and iirc the 'sticky' aspect auto lock on thing isnt working (still) so yeah that doesnt help. 

buff literally all archwing stuff. and no, 20% to powers increase at level 5 or 6 or w/e of that one intrinsic isnt going to help much so thats not a fix for it right now. im sure it helps, but i mean... im talking about the lowest level rj mission here. its not gonna be enough to matter for the rest of the content if the very first level is pretty much face tanking all of my hard work, maxed out builds. 

The difficulty for a solo player is a touch... worrying.  I won't say that I wasn't forewarned about it, and I pretty much always expect to have a harder time with everything in a multiplayer game, but I'm concerned I'll never be able to make any progress even AFTER the command intrinsic comes out due to a chicken/egg situation.  In short: leveling up the command intrinsic skill will require playing Railjack missions, which I won't be able to play because I won't have access to the command intrinsic.

I would recommend providing a measure of skill points to allow a player to take at least one level in Command when it launches, or ensure that some basic command functionality is present even without investing any points into it.  Alternatively, lower the general difficulty of the first couple of missions such that a solo player has a snowball's chance to actually win a mission and make a modicum of progress before getting to the place I was in the first mission, where I had just enough time to fire ten shots at an enemy crew ship at a time before I needed to go stop the ship from exploding, over and over, until I realized I was just going to run out of repair goo and cut my losses by aborting.

Or, again alternatively, add a solo-able quest designed to feed the player enough experience to level up command when it's released.

• Like 3

A few things:

- Crew ships are way too tanky, even at low level. The starting guns and ordinance barely makes a dent in them on the lowest difficulty missions. This makes boarding them, destroying the core, and leaving the only realistic way of killing them.

- Archwings die instantly. This makes Amesha the only real option to stay alive from going from point A to point B

- Please increase the archwing projectile speed. I feel like I need to blink right up to an enemy's face just to hit them.

• Like 1

So, the first Railjack mission? The one to introduce you to the idea and to be the 'in' for the rest of the system? Why is it that the enemies there are each individually tougher than your entire ship?

Why do I need to use my Archwing in order to kill a Crewship, and why can't I do it from the outside?

Why can I only repair my Railjack a certain number of times before running out of resources? (In case you hadn't gotten the hint from previous replies, Revolite is the biggest of dumb)

Why does every enemy 1-shot any Archwing ON THE FIRST MISSION?

Why is the FIRST MISSION (note: the first one, not the 5th, not the first one in the 2nd sector, literally the basic opening mission) harder than the entire starchart combined?

• Like 3

The requirement of materials to repair your ship, that you need to upgrade your ship, is ridiculous. How am I suppose to get any upgrades if I'm spending literally all of these resource repairing the ship that is never without 5 issues that need to be repaired simultaneously.

without leaching off other players and never repairing the ship myself that is.

Pretty much all of the payload crafting requirements are terrible. I can't accumulate ANY resources i need for the physical upgrades because you NEED to spend them on these things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CriticalFumble said:

Some of these ships seem hit (archwings) like absolute trucks. 

I think it was the crew ships - which I grant, the main cannon of a ship like that would leave a mark - completely splatter me through all of Amesha's 2, 3, and 4 at the same time. 

Though I think the fire redirect feature of the 2 may be broken in RJ missions at least. 

. . . Also, I'm kinda annoyed that you made all the AW guns projectile based, even though it makes sense.  Could you at least give them the lead indicators from the gunnery skill? 

having literally all the guns being projectile based on top of enemy ships having WAY too much speed and agility is god awful

Just now, PollexMessier said:

having literally all the guns being projectile based on top of enemy ships having WAY too much speed and agility is god awful

Gunnery upgrades add leading reticles based on your projectile speed.

That said, archwing weapons don't actually catch up to enemy fighters, so it renders itself moot.

• Like 1

- "open squads: 15"  yet it puts me solo 9 times out of 10. I thought you just made match making better?
play missions to farm resources to get better equipment to play stronger missions. this loop doesn't work if match making never matches me, because solo is too damn difficult.

- a fundamental principal of game design is teaching players mechanics. a forum post does not count. you need to have proper explanations in-game. you are halfway there with free flight. now add actual tutorials that teach you the mechanics.

- abandoning a mission puts you back in the dojo. it's annoying having to then fast travel to dry dock, board, then launch a mission again. just put us back in the ship when the mission ends.

- repairing with the omni tool. the fact that it uses resources is absurd. as soon as the ammo for it hits zero you may as well abandon the mission. the ui for it is also very unclear.

- camera is too far from frames when using turrets. too much screen real estate being taken up by frames.

- this is 0 information in-game on how to kill crew ships. I had to use the forums to find out.

Once again the new content feels rushed and untested. I was hoping it wouldn't be a repeat of TOB but I was wrong. You guys know how the mechanics work because you designed them. We don't have that knowledge. You need to test properly to get a solid baseline of usability and difficulty. in-office premade squads aren't doing the job, they never have and never will. It's high time you create public test servers to get real feedback before release.

Edited by Hekkatos

As a solo player... I’m still stuck on the first node. I do enjoy the difficulty outside of my Railjack. But I’m not a huge fan of the maintenance inside of my railjack. It’s too overwhelming taking care of the ship and I’m honestly a bit disappointed that this wasn’t adjusted until command was introduced. Currently railjack is just impossible for solo players. I’m either going to have to rally my friends to hop on warframe or wait until solo play becomes possible.

and despite having only played it solo. I can’t really imagine anyone having fun fixing up the ship while everyone else is doing the mission. It was too overwhelming from what I experienced. Too many hazards build up too quickly. And for the one tool that can fix it requiring resources, really ruins the flow and takes too much time to restock while more problems keep building up. Just give the omni tool unlimited ammo. Running around the ship repairing patches takes up enough time already. Make like the arcwing launcher and give us an unlimited ammo omni tool.

edit: gave it another go. I got close. But it always ends with me running out of Omni Ammo and not having enough time to craft more.

Edited by Shadedraxe
  • Like 2

Lots of bugs so far but I'm going to assume those will just get fixed.

Crew without railjacks should be able to upgrade their intrinsics anyway. Otherwise what's the point of them even doing railjack? The only role they could even do well in is archwing and that's it.

Archwing weapons in general need a major review. Does archwing melee even work right now? I've tried hitting targets and nothing happens even when I aim in their direction.

Other Archwings besides the Amesha need a major review considering they're made out of tissue paper and blow up when something looks at them funny. Their abilities aren't bad but surviving without amesha drones/invisibility is basically a joke.

Starting on your railjack with no active abilities and being unable to even use the main cannon is really weird and offputting. Why let us craft ammo for a gun we can't use until we're level five in gunnery?

Why is there a button on the forge that someone can push that dumps all resources out and screws over everyone? If you don't have engineering at rank 2 or whatever it's basically mission failure immediately

Also where is the ship variety? Are the different crew ship layouts not in the game or just on a different planet?

https://imgur.com/a/RI4Xh4L

This is basically every boarding I've done so far. (except for the bug where your weapons don't work inside crew ships.

3 hours ago, MsRoseluck said:

Im worried down the line. As Players without a Railjack at all, who are Unable to spend Intrinsics at all. They will become Parasites in Difficult Missions because they are level 0 in all regards. The first mission was a challenge with us having all 0s but as our pilot got some levels in we barely made by. Relying on PuGs Will pose the issue of getting players without a Ship and thus have no levels. meaning they will not be able to provide anything of use on a mission past the Earth section.

This is make forming a party a threat and a massive potential waste of resources if 1 or more of your Crew Members are Useless. This will potentially bring an end forming parties pulled up by randoms unless its done via the Recruiting Channel and the skills can be verified. All because players are punished for not building their own ship and instead relies on others.

This is pretty important. Since the missions are open to everyone and they're balanced around people having Intrinsics, having them locked behind owning a ship doesn't seem right at all. I can understand having the ship mods and ship customizations locked behind owning a ship, but not Tenno/player growth. (Apologies if this is posted in this wrong feedback thread.)

Edited by Shido513
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Shadedraxe said:

As a solo player... I’m still stuck on the first node. I do enjoy the difficulty outside of my Railjack. But I’m not a huge fan of the maintenance inside of my railjack. It’s too overwhelming taking care of the ship and I’m honestly a bit disappointed that this wasn’t adjusted until command was introduced. Currently railjack is just impossible for solo players. I’m either going to have to rally my friends to hop on warframe or wait until solo play becomes possible.

and despite having only played it solo. I can’t really imagine anyone having fun fixing up the ship while everyone else is doing the mission. It was too overwhelming from what I experienced. Too many hazards build up too quickly. And for the one tool that can fix it requiring resources, really ruins the flow and takes too much time to restock while more problems keep building up. Just give the omni tool unlimited ammo. Running around the ship repairing patches takes up enough time already. Make like the arcwing launcher and give us an unlimited ammo omni tool.

Not quite impossible. I've already soloed two nodes. It took me many failures just to grind up my intrinsics, but after you rank each of them up to 1-2, the missions get more manageable. It's just a matter of prioritizing on what task needs done. I tend to avoid repairing hull damage and electricity hazards, tending to focus on fires and breaches to prevent catastrophic failures. Take advantage of that momentary invulnerability to take out crew ships or boarding crews. RJ missions are a huge pain solo, but they are doable.

Just a side note for everyone with a banged up RJ. When you're done with a mission, save your omni ammo by not repairing the damages on your ship. Return to the docks to complete the mission, start a new one, let your RJ be destroyed, and Cephalon Cy with repair your entire ship for you. However, I'm not sure if you actually do incur any sort of penalties. Haven't really noticed any.

In any case, I do have a couple of points I wanted to address while I'm here:

- I agree with everyone here when they say that you die too easily with the archwing. The moment you leave the safety of the RJ, you have a 60/40 chance of being immediately blown to bits by all of the fighters and crew ships.

- Also, it would be nice to to have the enemy boarding crew always visible on the map. Make it so that Cephalon Cy is relaying their location to us. It's annoying and time consuming having to jump around the decks trying to find that last couple of boarders causing fires to my ship.

- The maps for these missions are huuuuuge, but the only reason to actually explore them is if you want to gather resources. Even then, you would have to complete your mission in order to get the opportunity without the constant harassment from enemy fighters. Would it perhaps be better to have different pockets of enemies dispersed around the map instead of all of them immediately converging on your location the moment they see you? It will make the traversing around these maps less uneventful at least.

- There has to be a way for those who don't have RJs to spend intrinsics. I have several friends who are on-and-off again players, and they certainly don't have the time or resources to build their own RJs. I was hoping to have them tag along with me and be my crew as we do missions through different nodes. But we're pretty much relegated to the first few, with me having to do most of the heavy lifting since I can spend my intrinsics for better abilities...

I can certainly see the potential with Empyrean and the RJs, but there are certainly a lot of kinks that need to be ironed out. Can't wait to see how things will be like when we finally have Command mode.