Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your reasons to play in solo? 2019

angias

• sometimes I don't feel like speed running.
  • sometimes I wanna try what would most likely be a bad load out or a bad build
  • almost all the time the game is too easy, so I nerf myself
  • DE's events and tactical alerts it can be difficult to find a capable group, solo works (hallowed flame)

1 hour ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Because you don't have to mess around with bad hosts, host migration and generally the stupid and outdated P2P system..

Funnily enough, I played 10 minutes this morning and got 2 host migrations back to back.

This. If I'm playing with other players, it's usually one friend, or it's running Hydron to rank something up. But other than that, I run solo or with a friend. I've stopped playing Railjack because of all the host migrations.

• Like 1

What gameplay factors do you think randos should consider when joining a railjack mission's public squad???

Here are a few things i feel like every player should know if theyre going to join public games.

1. You're the engineer {unless the host etc. specifically asks you to pilot}

If you join a public mission, chances are you are the engineer. If there is only a pilot... youre the engineer. If there is a pilot and a gunner, you are the engineer. If youre the gunner? Youre the engineer. The pilot shouldnt have to step away from steering the craft to repair the ship and kill boarding parties. Doing so only leads to more boarding parties and greater repair needs. The pilot is the main gunner and evasion. 

2. Kill all fighters first.

If you join a public mission, your focus should be (aside from making sure there is someone repairing the ship, even if that means you): Kill the fighters and crew ships first. IF its a full squad then sure, the boarder should be able to go and do the main objectives since theyre not difficult and dont require a team to do it. The fighters, however, are the main threat and take the longest. Everyone focusing on killing them makes the mission run a bit smoother. Keeps the workload down on engineer as well, which allows them to play gunner, effectively helping kill them more efficiently. Its a win win.

3. Away Team

If youre the away team, you should spend as little time as possible chasing fighters in your archwing. This means either playing gunner and only leaving to do objectives or kill crew ships, or having maxed out archwing gear and a frame to buff it so you can effectively kill and pursue the fighters. Boarders who waste time trying to dog fight with poopy archwing gear is exactly that, a waste of time. If it takes you longer than 10 seconds to kill a fighter including the chase, youre better off NOT doing that.... and so is your team.

4. Munitions

If youre the gunner/engineer and you notice that your secondary and tertiary munitions are running low, take the opportunity when the current swarm of fighters isnt overwhelming, to go collect some resources to craft munitions. And then dont forget to build them. The more efficient artillery use flux energy so that is the priority. Craft that first. If the team is doing well (i.e. pilot evading and gunning decently, and gunners helping with that while keeping any boarding parties under control) then you wont need to craft a ton of omni juice. 

5. Crew Ships

If you are aware of a crew ship, take the initiative to go destroy it. What does that mean exactly? It means load into it, hack the terminal (use operator its safer) and then shoot or smash the reactor. Then leave immediately. Dont worry about the crew on board, dont try and steal it. If you steal it, youre wasting your role as a squad mate. Youre not going to do as much in that crewship as you can in the railjack your host has (generally speaking). In fact, you can probably do more in your wack archwing setup. Just get in, hack, smash, exit. 

Edited by PookieNumnums
  • Like 4

Priorities for non-pilots from highest to lowest:

1. Crewships
  2. Objectives
  3. Fighters
  4. Repairing stuff (sorry, but you're not the engineer unless all the rest is being taken care of)

[edited following a reply further down] To clarify, this is during "normal" operation. Obviously if the ship is under heavy attack and springing leaks all over, repairing stuff will become a priority. Crewships are still highest. In the worst case 50 seconds of hull breach is more than enough time to launch, take out a crew ship, return and repair. On the other hand if you're just staying onboard repairing, then you'll get hull breach after hull breach after hull breach because the root of the problem is not being dealt with (though I'll have hopped out of the pilot seat long before, yes taking out crewships takes priority over piloting if no-one else is willing to take them out).

Crewships and objectives can (and should) be taken care of fairly quickly. It's unusual for something to go catastrophically wrong in that short amount of time. Unless you're like me and like playing chicken with that giant laser cannon :-P.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

For me, I play mostly solo because:

1. Less uncontrolled/unplanned stress. We can't really control who we played with when going public mm. If we got paired with good host and/or good players, all is well and efficient BUT most of the time, it's the opposite (bad host, potato pc, network issues etc etc). Going solo eliminates all that. Failing the mission? it's our own fault, try again with better planning and tactics, we don't blame others because of that.

2. I don't really have friends playing this game anymore. One passed away... the other one has kids to take care and his pc is busted, the other one migrated to other game, Also I don't have free time as I used to. I can play for a very limited time nowadays.

3. I can take my time doing the missions. I do enjoy team play, but most of the time, I just want to take my time looking for those medallions. I want to take my time doing the spy vaults, etc etc

4. more importantly, I can pause the game (not in PoE though afaik, dunno about fortuna - haven't touched that, just returning from 2 years hiatus) when I need it

7 minutes ago, schilds said:

1. Crewships
  2. Objectives
  3. Fighters
  4. Repairing stuff (sorry, but you're not the engineer unless all the rest is being taken care of)

Wait 4 Really ?

Sorry but if no tenno repairs the ship the game is over. If my fellow tenno want to let it die once again i wont be part of it ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

And there are those like me. 

Sure, pilot, go do your thing, it's your ship, I'll pilot if you ask, but otherwise I'll stay away. 

For all the others, well, depends on where I'm currently at. I don't really trust anyone to do a specific task in a PUG. 

I have still to experience a PUG communicating about tactics. 😉

As for AW and shooting fighters. More often than not (so far), my AW does better than what is equipped on the RJ. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Wait 4 Really ?

Sorry but if no tenno repairs the ship the game is over. If my fellow tenno want to let it die once again i wont be part of it ^.^ 

I'm talking in the normal course of events. 

In the worst case, when the damage starts to become severe, of course people should pop back to the ship to repair it. However, if the ship is in need of constant repair and a full time engineer the entire mission then you're undergeared.

As for the foundry, I guess this depends on how you play. If your playstyle requires a lot of consumables (ordnance, battle avionics, etc) then maybe you want someone on engineering more often.

Edited by schilds

I could quote the majority of the posts in this thread.

- Playing at my own pace.  I don't enjoy rushing through a mission; I like to loot, open lockers, chase caches & medallions...etc.

-The odds of getting a toxic player in a PUG is too high.

-I like to play around with different frames and weapons.  Sometimes the combos work, sometimes they don't.  If you're unlucky and get an elitist in the group, it makes for a horrible experience.

-Keyboard (controller? lol) tough-guys hiding behind that digital wall of protection.

edit:  word correction

Edited by (XB1)Sumosan13

1. Unless you're planning on heading back to the drydock after this mission keep your grubby little hands OFF the refine button.

1b. Even if you're going back to the drydock, at least have all the forges working on replenishing payloads before refining.
do NOT refine when there are payloads that need replenishing.

2. Don't bother with hijacking crewships, in the hands of a player they are next to useless (agree with you there OP)

3. Prioritise Repair Goo (roviwhatever), if you build other stuff and you run out of pustrels when the breaches start popping you're doomed

4. destroying the objective is fine, but don't go doing that when the missile battery is 15.000m away and your Railjack is getting hammered.

5. If you see a squadmate entering a crewship, don't go in after them, with the ideal strat being "go in > pop shield > destroy core > go out" you won't add anything to that.
This applies to objectives as well, there rarely is a need for multiple tenno to enter a hangar.

6. Can't fly? don't fly, practice in freeflight, not in the middle of a mission.

7. If your Railjack interior is the most obnoxious, gross, headache inducing color scheme you could imagine I will be spending as little time in there as possible

Edited by BaIthazar

Цитата

Warframe is a cooperative game though the solo gameplay is proudly defended by the community.

Pff. I can write exactly the opposite and it would be just as true.

Warframe is a solo game with a coop option. Try to prove it wrong.

People suck,and you have to deal with them in your family, on the streets, in your university, in your workplace. Can we freaking NOT deal with them at leats in our free personal hours? Thank you very much.

• Like 3

On 2019-12-23 at 12:23 PM, PookieNumnums said:

If you are aware of a crew ship, take the initiative to go destroy it. What does that mean exactly? It means load into it, hack the terminal (use operator its safer) and then shoot or smash the reactor. Then leave immediately. Dont worry about the crew on board, dont try and steal it. If you steal it, youre wasting your role as a squad mate. Youre not going to do as much in that crewship as you can in the railjack your host has (generally speaking). In fact, you can probably do more in your wack archwing setup. Just get in, hack, smash, exit. 

No, shoot it with the Forward Artillery, which hopefully is upgraded. Even if it isn't, 2-3 shots will take out a Crewship in the Veil fast and safely. Of course you need a non-challenged pilot who understands the main cannon exists for a purpose, and who will keep the ship still and turned to the Crewshi during the couple seconds it takes to charge up.

Also, the whole "if you're not the pilot, you're the engineer" is probably what leads every single person to drop their post and "compete" with someone who's clearly already dealing with crafting, fixes and boarding parties, so no, it's not a great policy.

Edited by xBloodySin

1 minute ago, schilds said:

I'm talking in the normal course of events. 

In the worst case, when the damage starts to become severe, of course people should pop back to the ship to repair it. However, if the ship is in need of constant repair and a full time engineer then you're undergeared.

...or someone who has no business flying the ship is flying the ship.

As for me, I only have two stipulations for my pugs.

1. If you are going to stay on the ship to man the guns, you will damn well get off your turrets to take care of boarders and repairs so I don't have to stop flying.

2. You wait for me to replenish any resources that were spent before refining so that you pay for the upkeep too.

However, 2 is waived if I have a resource booster on or was pretty much the only one that was actually using any of that stuff (though the later doesn't happen as much now that having battle avionics or anyone with gunnery 5 is no longer the rare exception.) It is something I always try to follow when I pug as a crewmate though, since I'm a generous (though practical) user of ordinance.

26 minutes ago, schilds said:

1. Crewships
  2. Crewships!!!
  3. CREWSHIPS!!!!
  4. For the love of Nef Anyo's 'stache go kill those crewships already!

There, fixed it for you. My pub matches are either:

1. I'm the boarder

2. I'm the pilot and watch and nobody deals with crewships. I don't care about hull ruptures, that we're on fire, that our shields are low, that we have boarders. Kill the source of the problem first, then deal with the problem.

Edited by Irhyo

Just now, Irhyo said:

There, fixed it for you. My pub matches are either:

1. I'm the boarder

2.I'm the pilot and watch and nobody deals with crewships. I don't care about hull ruptures, that we're on fire, that our shields are low, that we have boarders. Kill the source of the problem first, then deal with the problem.

😄 You're not wrong.

til you have a rock solid 100+ game hours of grind and effort invested into your railjack, that damned thing is bloody well useless once you've left earth

I've just parked it some 20km awak and gone solo in archwing. then you have some idiot pop into the pilotseat and yolo the bloodything into mission failure.

being aware of who's doing what is key to not having a bad time, this isn't your GTA game, don't just pop your arse into the seat and drive off into the wild blue yonder.

there needs to be a vote flag system for letting the captain know what the crew wishes to do, I hate feeling like a bloody dictator being able to select any node all willy nilly with no input from the crew.

and it make you feel like a Richard (suk on that you censoring twits)
when you're apart of someone elses crew and they don't even give you time to grab missed resources, just hup ho time to go, up and at'em and away we blow!

Edited by MakeLuvNotWerFrame

17 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

1. Unless you're planning on heading back to the drydock after this mission keep your grubby little hands OFF the refine button.

More people need to respect this in particular. Why are you refining at the end of the misson after you used up all of my dome charges shooting into space?

18 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

2. Don't bother with hijacking crewships, in the hands of a player they are next to useless (agree with you there OP)

I would generally agree except when you hijack and leave it, you can force more to spawn. So basically what you do is you hop on, convert, hop on convert, and you are then left with lik 8-9 crewships sitting idle in space, that enemies attack, that you can loot for weapons later.

19 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

4. destroying the objective is fine, but don't go doing that when the missile battery is 15.000m away and your Railjack is getting hammered.

Base rushers really piss me off. It's not that they are going to do the objective, its that all they are interested in are the drops. Weapon BP/rare cache not there? They abort after rushing to the objective/base. Worst people ever. They do that with the sentient ship more than the regular.

il y a une heure, Elenortirie a dit :

Not having to deal with randoms. Sure it's sometimes nice to have them but only sometimes. and for everything more serious I'll get premade team anyway.

Define serious.

Just did the veil mission with a team of random, we sticked together all the way.

Only thing I can think of is tridolon farm.

Il y a 2 heures, V0LK a dit :

To not play with people like OP.

And what kind of person you think I am?

Probably someone close minded that would never call himself elitist or casual.

Because elitist is an insult and sticking it with casual made it sound more silly.

Have fun the way you want it.

I don't really care if you play multi or solo.

What I want is community retrospective.

2 hours ago, CrazyValkyr said:

I like to play in a way that I enjoy - with my dearest Valkyr Prime. I don't need people sneer down at me for it, as I'm simply not gonna change my playstyle to suit someone else. Their opinion wouldn't matter to me, but I just don't need that kind of negativity in my life, lul.
Also, honestly, I love my kills.
/shrug

As a valkyr main, , this right here. I wounder how many of us valkyr players play solo. ..

21 minutes ago, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

til you have a rock solid 100+ game hours of grind and effort invested into your railjack, that damned thing is bloody well useless once you've left earth

I've just parked it some 20km awak and gone solo in archwing. then you have some idiot pop into the pilotseat and yolo the bloodything into mission failure.

being aware of who's doing what is key to not having a bad time, this isn't your GTA game, don't just pop your arse into the seat and drive off into the wild blue yonder.

there needs to be a vote flag system for letting the captain know what the crew wishes to do, I hate feeling like a bloody dictator being able to select any node all willy nilly with no input from the crew.

and it make you feel like a Richard (suk on that you censoring twits)
when you're apart of someone elses crew and they don't even give you time to grab missed resources, just hup ho time to go, up and at'em and away we blow!

Actually, now that clan MK3 gear is available you really only need about a day's worth of farming titanium and cubic diodes, Rank 4 in Tactical and Gunnery, not be stupid enough to use pulsars, and a Hyperstrike and Bulkhead (that's the health one, right?) that isn't the starter versions and you're good through pretty much all Saturn too.

Devs mentioned in the last devstream of the year that literally the only reason why the captain has absolute control over where the ship goes is because of bugs they couldn't fix in time for a pre-holiday release, so it's coming.

Edited by Foefaller