Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your reasons to play in solo? 2019

angias

57 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

It means load into it, hack the terminal (use operator its safer) and then shoot or smash the reactor. Then leave immediately. Dont worry about the crew on board, dont try and steal it. If you steal it, youre wasting your role 

Wait you need to hack it? I just run in and Catchmoon it twice and everything is on fire. 

It's also decent against fighters if you do decide to hijack it with its homing rounds since archguns now fire at a 90 degree angle and the radiation they give off give you cancer. 

Although I'm also still on Earth so it may not apply everywhere else. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Wait you need to hack it? I just run in and Catchmoon it twice and everything is on fire. 

It's also decent against fighters if you do decide to hijack it with its homing rounds since archguns now fire at a 90 degree angle and the radiation they give off give you cancer. 

Although I'm also still on Earth so it may not apply everywhere else. 

At higher levels the reactor gets a shield you need to bypass. Also you catchmoon it? Weak. At those levels I just drop in. Shoot through the door cus mighty lifesteal punch-through Furis things and then hit x again.

Edited by BansheePrime

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

in some higher level Saturn missions and likely all of Veil the reactors will have a shield, operator or invis can be used to hack it.

9 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

At higher levels the reactor gets a shield you need to bypass. Also you catchmoon it? Weak. At those levels I just drop in. Shoot through the door cus mighty lifesteal punch-through Furis things and then hit x again.

Furis? So you tickle it to death? I didn't think feathers were viable munitions till now. 

I can only decide for myself what to do in RJ pugs. I tend to do the thing that makes the mission as rewarding as possible at the end i.e I fly around and "mine" while keeping track of crewship spawns. If no one mines you will have spent way too much time for whatever little loot you've gotten as you stress click that console to enter the next mission or head back to dojo.

The whole point of RJ is to maximize your loot per run so you can repair those fine ass damsels you've picked up on the way, so they can come with you on your future travels of chaos and mayhem, or mayhme and chaos... I always forget which comes first.

I always just go /facepalm when people jump the second they have a chance to after the mission is done. I mean do they not look at their end reward screen and see that poor "250 Titanium" summary? The same people that are hellbent on refining and get mad if it is somehow missed because they lose out on the most basic of basic mats. Never mind that the titanium yield sucks for the mission, because you atleast refined so your pointlessly big pile of pustles is now an even bigger and more pointless pile of pustles.

It is no wonder that some people scream about things being too expensive when they dont even have a clue on where their priorities should go in RJ missions to begin with.

I usually solo non-endless missions because it gives me the freedom to approach it however I want. Loud, Stealhty, tactical shooter, big explosions, melee monster, meta builds, fun builds, silly builds, whatever.

In a group though, there are exactly 2 apporaches to non-endless missions: Bullet jump through the entire mission killing everything in the most efficient way possible, or bullet jump through the entire mission ignoring everything but the objective(s) and maybe some of those that you can off without slowing down.

Granted, sometimes that's what I want to do, like if it's a sortie or invasion I just want to get done, and so I'll group. I also group for pretty much every endless mission because they're frankly tedious without others there (though I will occasionally do a solo surival or SO/ESO if I think I got a good murder build I want to try out) and void fissures for obvious reasons. But outside of those things, I'm usually a loner.

Being in a group also clashes with my whimsical, "do whatever" approach to open world or collecting medallions in syndicate missions, so unless it's Eidolons, Orbs or a syndicate mission that doesn't spawn tokens I solo those too.

1. I like playing at my own pace and take my time, I can't stand the gottagofast meta and I know I'd just piss people off by being a slowpoke. Me playing solo is a win-win for everyone 😄
2. I'm not the type of person who enjoys sitting in voice chat, keeps Discord on 24/7 or keeps track of who is doing what after I close a game. I don't use social media, I don't use the internet on my phone (I don't even have a data plan) and when I stop playing a game I want to focus on other things. So I don't really fit in when it comes to clans or communities and making friends is hard because of this.
3. I have a pile of heath issues that limit what I can do in the game, how well I can do things and I might have to close the game or go afk for a long time without any notice.

Joining pugs for leveling up stuff at Hydron is usually fine. Very little drama there.

Personally, I solo whenever possible. This allows me to do whatever I want at my own timing, or pause (shakes fist at open worlds area) and take a coffee break, etc.

While I did somewhat enjoy the trials/raid days with good friends, the time taken to form a group, then waiting for everyone to get ready (hang on, 4 more waves of defense...), or people changing their minds last minute and having to find another, unexpected interruptions, etc becomes tiresome after a while.  Also, friends come and go and you need to maintain an active clan/friends list if you want to continue to coop. Just like real life I guess.

I'm glad to be able to solo railjack for now and am making the most of it while I can because you know DE will nerf the heck out of it. Don't know about the promised 'Command' intrinsic and how effective it'll be, but I feel railjack coop is currently only heavily designed for friends coop with mics needed.

Concentrating on the fighters would be absolutely appropriate, if captains would ever put guns capable of killing fighters on their wing turrets. Find something that kicks a lot of ass. Plinking away for 6 damage at a time is not a good use of a gunner's time. 

Preferably not a cryophon, though. Cryophons are for the nose turret. 

Reasons why I enjoy solo play in Warframe, as someone who mostly plays co-op but still enjoys the solo experience as well:

• Freedom. Co-op eschews exploration or prolonged combat in favor of speed-running the mission, which is okay in and of itself, but only provides a certain kind of gameplay experience. In solo, I can look for collectibles and whatnot, or just mess around, try builds, etc., without holding up anyone else.
  • Focus. Co-op is about a team of Tenno working together towards an objective, which carries its distinctive feel, and entails sharing the spotlight with other players (which is generally a good thing, unless one player is hogging all of it). When playing solo, it's much more about that one-Tenno army feel, and the entire game just naturally ends up focusing on making you feel good about yourself individual, which is its own special and different feeling.
  • The pause option. Sometimes I want to play, but suspect I might have to put my game on hold for some amount of time. Rather than go AFK, I'd thus much rather be able to play Warframe in the mode that lets me pause it.

10 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Concentrating on the fighters would be absolutely appropriate, if captains would ever put guns capable of killing fighters on their wing turrets. Find something that kicks a lot of ass. Plinking away for 6 damage at a time is not a good use of a gunner's time. 

Preferably not a cryophon, though. Cryophons are for the nose turret. 

Worst is when the side turrets are cryophons and the pilot wants to show of their mad drifting skillz playing keep-away.

Probably the only time in the veil when you *are* better off just jumping out and try to kill fighters in archwing.

To me Warframe is a solo game unless i play with my gf. I only use PUG when the incetive is too strong (4 relics opened instead of one to chose from, affinity sharing).

Other than that no matter the difficulty or the grind i play solo. Playing with others makes the game trivial

2 hours ago, xBloodySin said:

No, shoot it with the Tychon Seeker, which hopefully is upgraded. Even if it isn't, 2-3 shots will take out a Crewship in the Veil fast and safely. Of course you need a non-challenged pilot who understands the main cannon exists for a purpose, and who will keep the ship still and turned to the Crewshi during the couple seconds it takes to charge up.

Also, the whole "if you're not the pilot, you're the engineer" is probably what leads every single person to drop their post and "compete" with someone who's clearly already dealing with crafting, fixes and boarding parties, so no, it's not a great policy.

In my experience players often neglect it. So yeah it is. But what is also a great policy is paying attention and not doing exactly what you said.  Communication is key. If your pilot isnt calling out for munitions why are you rushing to craft more. If your main weapons are adequate for the mission you should have plenty of secondary fire power to last between needing to hit the cargo bay. 

3 hours ago, schilds said:

Priorities for non-pilots from highest to lowest:

1. Crewships
  2. Objectives
  3. Fighters
  4. Repairing stuff (sorry, but you're not the engineer unless all the rest is being taken care of)

Honestly, Objectives and Fighters are interchangeable.

Also, with fighters while using Archwing, I figured out the target priority:

1. Cutters
  2. Outriders
  3. Taktis
  4. Flak

If I join a pub I kill fighters and only fix things that blow the ship up. It’s a little annoying when random join you and just sit there fixing all the small holes and never fire a shot.

they don’t matter kill a fighter board a ship blow it up. Do something useful. Fly the ship when I go boarding have a riot. Stop fixing every little hole it does nothing.

3 hours ago, BaIthazar said:

Unless you're planning on heading back to the drydock after this mission keep your grubby little hands OFF the refine button.

Given the extremely limited inventory capacity for ship components, you should always head back to the dry dock anyway unless you want stuff to be potentially auto-scrapped by the 2nd mission. And sure, even if you know you are not yet close to the limit, chances are some player in your group is and really needs to choose what to scrap after every single mission.