The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: The Way People Are Farming the Anomaly Is Getting Ridiculous (some spoilers if you haven't been to the Anomaly)

Gesteur

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

But DE can improve the design of the mode so such behavior isn't so very standard and supported. It is a pretty poor design that anomalies have right now with people constantly joining and aborting missions for it in this horrendous loop of host tossing and it is entirely self facilitated by choices DE made in handling the grind for the mode.

I completely agree. First off DE needs to rethink how they really ought to distribute cosmetics etc. Instead of being locked behind insanely toxic amounts of RNG and a timer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daziri said:

You can't really force people to play the game how you want. People wanna farm item X, they wanna farm it as efficiently as possible. Leading to a scenario as you described.

17 minutes ago, Daziri said:

I completely agree. First off DE needs to rethink how they really ought to distribute cosmetics etc. Instead of being locked behind insanely toxic amounts of RNG and a timer.

^^Definitely both of these.

• Like 1

Just now, darkbrick said:

even only one shot can jam the Shedu.. why didnt they fix this bug yet?

Because they only got back from holiday vacation a couple of days ago.

Hopefully we'll see a major hotfix that addresses all the seriously game-breaking bugs next week - the Shedu one included.

Yeah, the sentient thing is dumb.

First, people leave the sentient mission the moment they are out and nothing of value has dropped (i.e. rare chest with something). This was very annoying when the host migrated and I got a 1000/1000 RJ etc. I have good amesha and weapon etc, but I really do not want to solo the mission to get some basic drops after everyone else leaves. 

I tried to host it with my own RJ once. I did went for the sentient ship right away, and all three others left after we went through the sentient ship. Well, now, it seems that the sentient quest is not preventing others to join my game. So I would get several players that would join, and then promptly leave when they saw that the sentient ship had been already investigated.

Thus, I feel that if I join a game and nothing of value drops from the sentient ship, I really should abort, as it is dumb to continue solo after the ship.

And if I host a mission, it seems that I should do it solo, or also abort after the sentient ship, as otherwise I have to continue on my own, but I get constant flow of people joining and leaving.

I mean, how could DE not see this beforehand? Make any valuable drops AN END OF MISSION reward, please. Or make it so that you can only go to one sentient mission per cycle, aborted or completed. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dthamilaye said:

I mean, how could DE not see this beforehand? Make any valuable drops AN END OF MISSION reward, please. Or make it so that you can only go to one sentient mission per cycle, aborted or completed. 

Yup.  And even if they didn't, this problem started to get demonstrated before anyone even found the Sentient ship thanks to the exact same thing happening with the missions that can give you Pennant and Quellor bps.

Some players are indeed in a race to the highest quit rate possible, i can't figure out why really.

I do meet players in my squads that are often puzzled when requested to do a mission and leaving the sentient ship for last, it is common for me to replace 1 or 2 players in the squad before the mission due to the statements making them unreliable and so i often ask them to leave asap so they can be replaced.

So far, all my missions went fine, even players that join midmission end up following commands most of the time, i honestly don't experience that mission fail and mission aborted spree that is going on, but i do replace squad members when recruiting.

When i host the mission, as you can probably tell by my profile, it's to complete the mission, so if you see me recruiting, you'll have a normal mission, check me out if you have the time, i don't quit so i'm a reliable host, ping might not be amazing, but it's certainly manageable.

DE will address this in the future, but i don't mind players adding quits and fails by the hundreds, it only means that the gap between certain players gets bigger.

For the ephemera, it's debatable, it's not more efficient, you sacrifice a few things in order to get more runs, when it comes to the weapon itself, you can trade it from other players, so prime parts, rivens and even liches can give you enough plat to buy the parts you need, this means you retain everything in a mission, you explore the mission fully (this may get you mods, for example the void hole thingy is something players seek in trade chat and they pay a substantial ammount), you get more resources, you get some intrisincs and you retain that completion ratio and quit rate, so yeah, purchasing the parts is THE efficient way to obtain the weapon

Calling the rush and abort mentality efficient is just atrocious

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Regardless, all missions are unproblematic to solo with Amesha.

How? I use amesha but my archgun do like no damage at all even when it manage to hit them 20 hits and they still over 90% health. Only way to kill them is to get on the railjack and use the mk 3 cryo cannon.  Never killed a ship past earth with archwings.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

For the ephemera, it's debatable, it's not more efficient, you sacrifice a few things in order to get more runs, when it comes to the weapon itself, you can trade it from other players, so prime parts, rivens and even liches can give you enough plat to buy the parts you need, this means you retain everything in a mission, you explore the mission fully (this may get you mods, for example the void hole thingy is something players seek in trade chat and they pay a substantial ammount), you get more resources, you get some intrisincs and you retain that completion ratio and quit rate, so yeah, purchasing the parts is THE efficient way to obtain the weapon

Calling the rush and abort mentality efficient is just atrocious

Because sentient ships only lasts 30min, all other things can be done in elsewhere.

Also quit ratio is meaningless, no one really cares.

And no, wasting plat for something isn't efficient, you should keep those for all the plat exclusive things to be efficient.

Edited by Test-995
  • Like 1

Just now, Emolition said:

How?

Status effects. Puncture damage reduces armor, slash damage increases damage taken - with enough procs you can kill anything. It is also advisable to add radiation damage, which will have no status effect in space, but deals increased damage against those enemies.

The go-to weapon is the Cyngas. Kills most things with about one magazine.

il y a 12 minutes, Emolition a dit :

How? I use amesha but my archgun do like no damage at all even when it manage to hit them 20 hits and they still over 90% health. Only way to kill them is to get on the railjack and use the mk 3 cryo cannon.  Never killed a ship past earth with archwings.

You need to take advantage of the new damage types, plasma and particle. IIRC the one replacing slash increases damage, stacks and with a status weapon it's very good. The one replacing puncture is also a debuff allowing to kill faster, and impact becomes something reducing damage done. To proc them consistently, you need to use dual elemental, because they don't proc in railjack mission, so you will only proc plasma, particle and ballistic. Take cyngas or phaedra, put 4x 60/60 mods on them, rubedo-lined barel, dual round, automatic trigger and whatever (reload, magazine extension, riven,...) and have fun. You can even disable crewships very fast with that build (ie removing all their hp, they won't die though).

Edited by Arkandae
  • Like 1

It is kind of funny how DE after all this time KEEPS FORGETTING TO HIDE DROPS so people don't bail on missions when they don't get what they want.

They screwed up with that so many times you'd think they'd have learned by now, but then again this is DE we're talking about, every one lesson they learn they forget 1 or 2 others.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Skaleek said:

They shouldn't pub though, Run the mission with friends or solo, don't screw over other people.

But you gotta have someone to carry you through the slog of killing 90 fighters and 6 crew ships if you do get the drop you want, you know?

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Gesteur said:

I'm being told that the people dropping out of the mission get to keep what they picked up while those that play the mission and end up failing loose everything. If this is true, you're penalizing the people that are trying to just play and enjoy the game.

When was the last time this happened? Y'know, when DE had to add a generic common drop and hide the drop until the mission ends to keep people from quitting out of matches when they didn't get a mod drop? You would think they would have applied that solution here. Make it so people have to complete the mission to know what they got from the drop and the problem goes away.

Edited by Mints

1 minute ago, Mints said:

When was the last time this happened? Y'know, when DE had to add a generic common drop and hide the drop until the mission ends to keep people from dropping out of matches when they didn't get a mod drop? You would think they would have applied that solution here. Make it so people have to complete the mission to know what they got from the drop and the problem goes away.

Kela and acolytes are the last occurences i can remember.

• Like 1

il y a une heure, DrivaMain a dit :

Well I always love trolling those rushers with by spamming the “Group Up” avionic that pulls them back to the ship. They always rage quit after that lmao.

Amazing how people complain about “toxic behaviours” and then turn around and do something actually against code of conduct. XD

• Like 2

What concerns me is that DE is very involved with their community.
So why would they implement this? They had to KNOW this would happen.
They've seen this happen countless times over 6yrs. They HAD to know people would do this.

"They knew what they were doing and chose to do it anyways."

8 hours ago, Dthamilaye said:

This was very annoying when the host migrated and I got a 1000/1000 RJ

This is actually pretty funny. People farm endgame railjack missions with starter railjack - this is skill.

However this is not really normal, i saw this too. We were doing normal railjack missions with 3 randoms, like business as usual, nothing special, farming mods, intrinsics, resources, etc, you know the drill. Then this stupid ship appeared, we went to node with ship and two crew members went mad. They left railjack and rushed the ship, as far as i know, didn't get sh-t, then one of them just left. I assume he aborted to join another crew and try again. Another one stayed, but we started to get new people joining and leaving all the time.

They all followed the same pattern: join, rush sentient ship, see it is probably locked out idk, leave, then another person joins and pattern repeats. Another dude who wasn't in farming and didn't go mad was like WTF is going on and i had to explain that they are farming something. Somehow we managed to finish that mission, but, with all honesty, i don't want to go there again. This is insane, DE shouldn't do something like this again. 

• Like 1