The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What did you think Railjack was gonna be before it came out?

kwlingo

Was expecting more than 25 skirmish only modes with mandatory points of interest... All ~6 static non-randomized versions of them. 

All I can say is, at least they didn't make all planet proxima nodes and fill it with placeholder copy paste like how Warframe originally launched. But it's going to take years for the integration "lifting up the whole" to happen. 

6 hours ago, kwlingo said:

I remember Steve saying they wanted the Railjack to feel a part of the game not a totally different game mode. I thought that we would be flying from planet to planet and as you are flying to the next planet there might be a possible enemy ship encountering. I know there are many who love the RJ mission, I do think they are fun also but I am still doing other things in the game that don't give me any time to play RJ. It's not integrated at the moment, but I hope the next phase it will be just part of the game not a different game mode. But with the New War already at the possible next main update, I don't think we will be getting a merge of RJ and Warframe.

I expected it to be good, guess I gotta lower my expectations with this game.

Like one of those previous trailers - you can choose your elements without waiting for a rng drop from somewhere and swap them on the go.
And the ship to be good from the get to with the possibility to make it better depending on the mission.Squad link.Not dependant on meta weapons/arhwings to even work...many other things I think.

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 1

I was expecting more than a series of exterminate missions with a slapped-on secondary (sometimes tertiary) objective. I was in denial while making my way through Earth Proxima that that was all Empyrean had to offer in terms of mission gameplay. When I finally got to Saturn and it was nothing but skirmish nodes with the exact same enemies all over again (just with different names) I actually said aloud "...is this seriously it?" I burnt out on this mode pretty quickly and just have no desire to touch it again.

Outside of the Alpha-state of the release and the absolutely awful RNG system, overall Empyrean has just been disappointing. Yeah, we're supposed to get Empyrean in phases, but at it currently stands I really wish they hadn't rushed it for a holiday release knowing the state it was in. It didn't look ready when we last saw it previewed on the Dev Stream, and that was in controlled conditions. When we did get it, we got immortal enemies, enemies not spawning, clients getting the absolute worst in terms of functionality and lag, terrible UI and a host of other things. It was clear this wasn't tested and just let out into the wild as-is. DE has a lot of work ahead of them and with their current cycle of "push out the next big thing as soon as possible" and the release state of Old Blood right before it, I'm dubious on whether they can actually fix this mode before we're legitimately forced to use it in New War (please, no more skirmish missions) or just in general.

Even by DE standards I expected less bugs.

Seriously, EVERY SINGLE TIME I board a ship my mods get "uninstalled" until I revive. Like, I board a crewship and all my weapons do no damage at all.

Or my crit-build Paracesis which usually deals 6K+ with ease suddenly deals 60.

Honestly, I was under the impression there was to be a lot more to it than what we got. I thought it was supposed to help connect the game not be a self contained grind-island.

I imagined an open world space zone above each planet which would connect to the ground game and remove the need for star chart. 

I didn't expect an arcadey space shooter. I expected a vehicle that would be used to get us to more missions inaccessible to our orbiters.

As far as railjack is concerned, I'm not interested in the journey, I'm interested in the destination. The combat, mission types, all of it is incredibly shallow and unrewarding in comparison to the core game. 

1 week was enough to see through this flimsy hollow grind.

Edited by IIDMOII
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, kwlingo said:

I remember Steve saying they wanted the Railjack to feel a part of the game not a totally different game mode. I thought that we would be flying from planet to planet and as you are flying to the next planet there might be a possible enemy ship encountering. I know there are many who love the RJ mission, I do think they are fun also but I am still doing other things in the game that don't give me any time to play RJ. It's not integrated at the moment, but I hope the next phase it will be just part of the game not a different game mode. But with the New War already at the possible next main update, I don't think we will be getting a merge of RJ and Warframe.

Steve lies, even when faced with a forum full of people complaining about the RNG in The Old Blood he said live on a Dev Stream that according to the forums the biggest problem with Old Blood was that the pacing was too fast (They don't take 70+ days to kill).

My clan mates and I could not find a single thread about Lich pacing on this forum or on any of the Warframe social media sites.

Look at all the things he said about Railjack, all the things he said were going to be in railjack, they removed and changed them without even letting the player base know, and yet they talk about being  open, honest, and transparent with the player base.

We all saw what was promised, instead all we got was Archwing 2.0, an ok-ish game mode with no connection to the rest of the game. Old Blood is the same, at the moment neither it or Railjack has any link to Warframe apart from the fact that they use the same engine.

I'm hoping that this will change in the future for both updates, I'm hoping that part 3 of Empyrean will add all of the missing content to Railjack and expand the Kuva Lich system into something more than a 1 dimensional slog against rng with a reward that is actually worth spending the time grinding for.

I'm not going to hold my breath, but in the meantime at least the base game is still fun, and, my clan has started a Minecraft server while we wait for improvements!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

You better start looking for a walking stick then.

Railjack will never be what they promised

It would be nice to somehow play both at the same time. The only thing I can come up with is changing the entire navigation system to be open world for space galaxy travel. As you enter a planets orbit it brings you to a selection toggle on the side of the screen allowing you to choose which mission to enter, if not fly to the targeted mission location. But this would be too much of a change in the gaming engine.

I didn't think Railjack would have its own mission types, I thought it was going to be 'Archwing Free Roam', where sometimes something would be going on in the region you were going to (ala Alerts), but otherwise would be mostly exploratory, with the occasional patrol, and that patrol being capable of calling reinforcements, that could turn into the chaotic battles that we see now. Like, I genuinely thought the most common gameplay was going to be like that part where they boarded the Derelict, grabbed an artifact, and got ambushed by Infested.

I guess not, and maybe they said it wouldn't be and I didn't catch it, but I felt like that was emphasized.

Edited by Krion112

Watching Steve do his thing over the streams, I actually thought we would be piloting more or less the Junction as ships. Was hoping for the giant size to take on other ships, the ability to get into Orbiter to challenge the fighters, and the Archwings to find weaknesses in shields to fly a small one man crew eliminate person on a ship to wreck from the inside. 

Instead, found a park your vehicle far away and fly into the hornets best with your Arch to get taken down with one shot while waiting for the bigger ships to get there. Mind you, I have only done Earth and really am looking for a reason to keep at it. I enjoy tiles, open world, Archwings.....but this is missing something that gives WARFRAME™ the feel that is satisfactory. 

With time.....

they announced so much but delivered so little, i know they feel exited when coming up with new stuff but they always end up promising more than what they can actually deliver.

this time i thought they weren't going to commit the same mistake they did years ago with arch-wing, i was half...wrong

i thought it was going to be everything that they showed us, but none of it exists. shy's video explains it quite well.

^

lol and speaking of, it coincidentally is right above me and i didnt even realize until after i post

Edited by Talinthis

Once I saw those phases, I expected Empyrean Phase 2 will be only “Warp in, shoot things, Warp out”. Thankfully, it was I expected and I am actually happy with it. Because IMO release everything all at once will make it an even worse bug fest and take a long time to fix.

This is why you set your expectations for a minimum, so you won’t be disappointed.

Edited by DrivaMain