Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new mod slot for warframes

ZealousStalker

I really liked the mod slot added to the weapons that allows you to add utility or some useful effect that doesn't give damage--just effects the weapon in other ways. super useful. While warframes have a mod slot akin to it you can get mods that effect your damage and many other things, I would love to se a mod slot that this open for mods that only effect movement such as Rush or the jump mods like lightning dash as their effects are useful and move the speed of your space ninja a lot more crazy fun apart from the joy and eye candy of the dash/jump mods.

Thoughts?

15 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Exilus slot is already primarily movement based mods?

Exilus would be turned to fit mods that effect your warframe in non movement ways save for mods like some of the drift mods (cunning drift) not to be confused with things like agility drift that demands you do something for its effect to matter.

a lot of the aero mods and motus mods are cool and useful but normally get forgotten as others are more "useful" 

And as to your quote I tagged apparently in my alt tabbing: most are but between hand spring, some of the drift mods and  you don't really use any of the others less you have a full build in mind that normally goes across warframes and weapons and maybe even some of your pets that you goof off with but is not a "normal" build. I mean sure we can all say we sat down with one of our warframes and thought how fast you can get your goof ball to go. Being able to pepper in something like motus signal or aero vantage would in my mind make your space ninja feel even more ninja.

Edited by ZealousStalker

28 minutes ago, ZealousStalker said:

I would love to se a mod slot that this open for mods that only effect movement such as Rush or the jump mods like lightning dash as their effects are useful

You're describing the Exilus slot. However, years ago DE released mods like the Drift series which affect Ability values, and made them Exilus mods. I personally think this was a mistake, as now those movement Mods are more often shoved out of the space previously reserved for them by an extra 15% Power Strength.

25 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Maybe a slot exclusively for augments

No. We don't need power creep, and we don't need augments becoming mandatory for optimized builds, both of which would be realized with the addition of an augment slot. If "augments aren't worth using so we need a special extra slot for them" the problem is either:

A) the mod is situational in a way that doesn't gel with how you play, or

B) the mod itself isn't strong enough.

The solution here is buff the mod, not powercreep our frames. This game doesn't need to be any easier.

Edited by SenorClipClop

An augment slot would help ,

Won't make much of a difference on power in my opinion as there is still the limitation on mod capacity.

Have many frames where I can't slot an exilus cause there is no capacity.

I really would like an augment slot (looks at equinox ,hydroid and nezha that have augment based builds ) would make some interesting combinations .

This has already been asked a million times and DE has said its not gonna happen. The intent is that we have to sacrifice space to get the augment, ideally every augment would be useful enough to warrant sacrificing space for it but not all augments are created equal. Regardless adding extra slots would only increase the already ludicrously powerful frames even further beyond the completely unnecessary levels of power we already have. Given that DE just gave melee and the catchmoon a wack i doubt they want to deliberately introduce more powercreep into the game.

• Like 1

Even if its just for movement only mods? go faster, jump higher? it would effect only your own enjoyment of the game not make you any more over powered than you already are, moreover you still only have so many points to reward your builds and would still demand some changing around and/or testing out new ideas and builds with ignoring it or using it up to the player if they even care to have it.

and as far as power creep or anything goes that's another topic but I think the problems core is how derpy the AI of the mob is and how they just kinda slowly fart over at you shooting, they fix slowly and add more harder/smarter AI into the game. That said to whatever next big thing enters into warframe still hoping for a high level high rank only zone with fights similar to drones and the wolf but as I said... whole other topic.

I express again would be a slot just for mods that effect movement, could reclass them as Alacrity or momentum mods with their own slot.

If you want to have a warframe using all the 15 cost + mods ok sure go for it maybe you cant fit on one that's just how it goes if you want to have that kind of unbalanced build.

1 hour ago, ZealousStalker said:

Thoughts?

sounds to me like you want the sprint speed memes without giving up a slot. which is understandable, but it's not gonna happen. modding is a game of compromise: you can't have it all roads, so you have to decide what is worth the capacity and what is not. being able to make every frame have a speed boost and a full complement of mods is just more Power Creep. you might not think that's a big deal, but remember that many people rush through missions as fast as they can, and this just feeds more into that.

plus you wouldn't get to appreciate speed abilities of frames quite as much. what helps make Gauss, Volt, Zephyr and I suppose also Nova a bit more unique is having a speed advantage over other frames, in exchange for an ability slot. the same applies to Augments as well, hence why there is no Augment slot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

plus you wouldn't get to appreciate speed abilities of frames quite as much. what helps make Gauss, Volt, Zephyr and I suppose also Nova a bit more unique is having a speed advantage over other frames, in exchange for an ability slot. the same applies to Augments as well, hence why there is no Augment slot.

There is truth to this.  I've been running a stripped down Inaros for when I want to do endless mindlessly, and given the strength of certain melee weapons you don't need anything other than health and armor on him to do hour+ arb survivals.  Even after adding coaction to get more out of Physique there are still 3 slots left, I think.  So I toss on all the sprint mods I can, use Amalgam Serration on primary, and you are pretty much hitting the speed cap with the tankiest frame in the game.  It certainly makes Nezha/Nova/Volt/Gauss seem less impressive.  This is a special case as most frames need some kind of boost to strength/duration/range, but given the extra slot for movement mods, Rush would become a staple on 90% of frames in such a scenario.  While it may not seem like it would contribute to power creep, having more speed means getting to enemies quicker, so less of a chance of losing combo duration on the already OP melee.

I think we need some challenging content before upping the power level of our frames even more at this point.  When you can take an Atlas P with zero forma and an Arc Grace deep into lvl 100+ territory, something is very off...

2 hours ago, ZealousStalker said:

I really liked the mod slot added to the weapons that allows you to add utility or some useful effect that doesn't give damage--just effects the weapon in other ways. super useful. While warframes have a mod slot akin to it you can get mods that effect your damage and many other things, I would love to se a mod slot that this open for mods that only effect movement such as Rush or the jump mods like lightning dash as their effects are useful and move the speed of your space ninja a lot more crazy fun apart from the joy and eye candy of the dash/jump mods.

Thoughts?

You mean what exilus slots were originally made for?

Edited by (XB1)Demon Intellect

You are literally describing exilus mods and Drift mods are honestly quite overrated. Especially for 99% of the content we have the measly stat increase of drift mods contribute less than the time otherwise saved from having better bullet jumps or faster sprint speed. And for the content in which the stat increase might matter I'd still argue that utility effects are still more practical due to them giving you more survivability.

Really the only case in which I see Drift mods being useful is for optimized farming builds.

As for the topic of an augment slot I'd much rather have augments be made good enough to warrant the trade off instead of just making them free upgrades. Too much of the game is too easy as is and we really don't need to make it even easier.

5 hours ago, ZealousStalker said:

Thoughts?

back when we still had 10 slots:
uLlXdTg.png

Edited by BlackVortex

We could use some weapon slots for kavats and kubrows claws, like sentinals have weapon slots. Its really difficult to mod them for both survival and damage They have really high damage potential as well with all the damage mods, crit mods, hunter bonus set mods and 60/60 mods that never get used because of lack of mod space.

Edited by Sept3var
added a bit more detail

10 hours ago, Serafinia said:

The augment slot is not a bad idea.

As long as augment are all over the place in terms of power and role, I think it is a pretty bad idea.  Sometimes they're patches, sometimes they're ability changers, sometimes they're straight power upgrades.  Sometimes they're huge power upgrades.

I believe DE needs to decide what augments are supposed to be and then make them consistent with that vision before they go adding slots.

Unfortunately it's hard to imagine Augments 2.0 happening any time soon.

Here's a hot take: I personally want the ability mods to return. If you weren't around back in the early open beta, Warframe Abilities were actually mods that you equipped on your Warframe, just like you equip the Augments nowadays. So, if DE could return those to us (with 4 extra slots, one for each ability), you could gain extra modding slots by giving up on some abilities. Like, for example, you take off Loki's Disarm, cause you don't use it often, and use that slot for more more duration mod for Invisibility.It'll add even more build variety while at the same time still taking something away to (maybe) counter the power creep.

On 2020-01-16 at 9:07 AM, Gabbynaru said:

Here's a hot take: I personally want the ability mods to return. If you weren't around back in the early open beta, Warframe Abilities were actually mods that you equipped on your Warframe, just like you equip the Augments nowadays. So, if DE could return those to us (with 4 extra slots, one for each ability), you could gain extra modding slots by giving up on some abilities. Like, for example, you take off Loki's Disarm, cause you don't use it often, and use that slot for more more duration mod for Invisibility.It'll add even more build variety while at the same time still taking something away to (maybe) counter the power creep.

I like this idea, so many warframes I use only have around one or two skills/spells that get any use with the others just kinda being there for laughs now and then. As much has I love ivara and as much as its funny to make my daikyu arrow do like a million damage I really don't use or need her navigator more over any thing that makes you stand still is normally risky even with stealth. tossing that skill out and replace it with jump mod would be great.