Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The whole point of Railjack by three words

AdvisorZ

If you're trying to use your own Railjack, I would just try going to Veil using someone else's RJ to get Intrinsics, materials, MKIII parts, and some avionics. With an upgraded ship Veil is easy to solo, and Saturn/Earth can pretty much be afked where you only have to worry about objectives/crew ships.

"enemy ramsled inbound" 

"WE'VE BEEN BOARDED"  

"dEAl wItH iT!" 

"EnEmYwe've raMslEdbeen InbOunDboardead"

̵̢ͥͯ͆͑̔ͩ̃̑̄̈́ͧ͏͍̬͚͉̪͕̮̙̖͟ͅW̴̥͇̘̫͓̙̜͔̰̮̌͗͑̓Ë̶̶̗̪̞̠̩̪͈͙̹͈̹̱̳̖̥̝́̆͂͂̒͆ͩ̾ͬͩͯ͋̈́'̸̷̶̰̟͎͔̫͐̉̔̌ͦͥ͑̾̈̂͐̀̏͜V̸͕͇̻̟͉̗̫̭̰̯̭̱͚͔͎̱͕ͣͯ̌ͧ̐ͥͩͨ̉̔̈͜Ȩ̷̢̹̮̬͈̟̝̠̱̰͓͉̤͇̩͎̂̇̈́̈́ͯͥ̏̍̈́͐͋̊͐͆̚ ̧̛̤͔͚̼̟̗̫ͯ̏͑̂ͫ͗͌̒̽͛̄ͨ́͛͒̎̏͒͝B͐̄ͥͩͬ̑͋̾̐̌ͣ̿̓̍͐͞҉̴̷͖̥̱̝̟̤̤̟E̵̥̰͈̦̱͉̜̮̼̫̳̼͙͚̜͇ͫ̇̍̾̉̋̓ͧ͆̄ͣ̆ͅḜ̴̜̮͇̥͓̘͙̥̲̞̼̙̼̱̌ͪͦ̊̒̽́̓̀͘ͅN̾̍̊͆ͣ̑̇͐̆̚͏̷͏̶͚̜͔̟̬ ̧̠̯͈̰̪͚̗̩͕̜ͨ͊̆͊ͮͮ̾͛͜B̨͎͉̘͇̻̟̝̩̗̫̠͍ͬ͊͛̓͐͂́̄͗̅ͨ͛ͪ̿ͬ̀̚̚͘͝͠O̶̜͓̺͉͉͈͓̝̻͔͇̭̱͕̜ͦ͊ͩ̏̍ͮ͂̂ͩ̑̎͝A̴̷͔͖̫̩̣̦͍̘̺̳͇͇̖̻͚̜͗ͪͮ̽͒́̾ͤ̏͐̃ͨ̑͛̎̉͐̀Rͣ̇̾̋̈ͭ͛̍̾͗ͬ̿̌ͣ̒̏͏̴̨҉̬̣̩̮̹̱͉̭͎̭͉̜̳̙̘̙̤ͅD̈̄͂͆̒̑̓́͗͗҉̧̬̳̣̻͕̤̪̳̖̩̪̟͠E̡̊͐̀ͧ҉̡̤̝͙̼̩̘̞͙̥͙̜̼̼D̒͋̒ͭ̉͐̒͏̸̡̪̦̥̘͚̥̳͜͡"

̦̞̙̜͖ͪ̈́ͮͩ͢͡"̡̦̫̟̜̎ͦ̈́̂ͧ͌͋ͭͣ͜͡Ȩ̴̴ͯ͂͂͆̓̌̉̾ͧ̾̂̓̄́̇̔͂͝҉̮̝̞͓͍n̷̷̳͖͙͎͚̦̲̠͓̥͙̩͓̤̺͉̭̅̉̔̒ͬ̿̓ͤ̏͂̂̒́͢Ë̢̡̟̥͕̝̬͕̘̬͇͍͉͍̙̓͊́ͤ̒͂̏͘͝͝ͅm̡̱̲̙̲͓̘̼͔͉̀͋̽̆̅̋̉ͩͦͬ̄͊͛̽̑̌̀̚͟͡Ẏ̛̳͍̜̱̱̳̲̺͎̮̭̿̅̃ͨ̎̚͢ẅ̵̛̜̫̟̯̙̣͕̣͔̳̥͇̳́̂̀ͪͦͩ͂ͨ̒ͦͥͮ̀ͅę̷̼̫̩͉͖̣̟̱̦̦̹̼ͦ̍̂̂̄͋̓ͮ̉ͮ͝'̧̩͙̼̗͍̬̟̟̪̫͎̺̦̂̄ͧͬ̎̄͛ͩ̐ͥ̄ͩͯ̌v̷̧̝̟͙͕̠̞̦͈̫͔̖͓͚͕̟̗̞̑́̏̇̉̽͗͑̄͆̒͌ͭ̃̀ͥͮ̃̚e͔͉̠̺̙͙̜͊͒̓̃̀̚̕͞ ̨͗͊͒͛̈̿̄͢͏̯̤͇̘͚̞͉̼͍̥͔͕̥̬̖̮r̵̵̷̢͍̝͍̺̗ͬ̽ͨ̇̔ͫ̆͐́̍ͧ̏ͨ͝a̛̱̲͕̼͙̖̣̼̲͕̗̟͈̘͉͔̦ͤ̎̌͆̽̿̈́̑ͭ̅̇͊̈́́͟͡ͅM̷̡̢̩̠̬̦̼͓̮͖̣̻̲̩̺̟̙͖̦̝̃̆̐̅͟͡ͅš̶̨̟͚̱̺͇̹͍͕̳͍ͮ̇̒̈͆ͬͨͫͥ͋̈́͗͒ͤ̅ͅl̈́̈́̏̿͑͟͞҉̶̻͈͎͖̬͔͓̗̥̠̜͚Ẹ̶͕̬͕̘̬̰̫̰͙ͤ̔ͨ̆̋͆͌̆̀ͯ͆̌̉͐́̍̆̆͞d̸̯͈͍͍̖̲͔͉͕͓͛ͬ͋ͧͯ̇͆͘b̶͉͖̗̜͓͍̹̤͓̗͙̩͈̹̪̏̃̑̌̿̈́̑͂̅̍̀ę͖̻̫͒̓̇ͯͬͮͧ̈͛̇̂ͣͭ̽̄̓è̵̵̤̱̟̩̲̩͇̣̰̪̘̼͐̋ͥ̓́̚n̸̡̢͉͎̼͇͓̭̗͗̏ͯͬ͊͢͠ ̽̌̉̏̏̄̈̀̚҉҉̫̰̪͖̰̖̥͍̪͍̰̼̫̯̻̦͕̬̮I̖̤̋͂ͤͤ͛̀̑͐̀̈́ͬͮ̈́ͫ̚̚͜͟ͅn̛̟̜̭̜͕͈̪̰ͭͩ̾̿ͬ͐̈́̌ͯͯ̊͛ͯ͘b̭̹̘̫̠̯͔̼̜̠̬͖̯ͥͤ̑̓ͣ̉̄̐̒͐͐̚͜͞O̧̡̮̜̞̣̪̍͗ͮ̆̄ͤͤ̇̓ͭ̎͂̔ͯ̑ͨ͜͞u̡̧̘̪̰̟̟̥͉̳̦̣̭ͮͫ̾̽̊̍̽̉͒͐ͣͧ́̑ͨ̓͑̅ͅn̵̰͈͙̻̪̱̜̯̪͎̺̒ͫ̈̈̅̓͟ͅD̨̝̘͔̝̬̲̟̰̠̐̌̊ͫ̈͘͘͡b̸̧̮̳̣̼͛ͫ̒̿̐ͯ̍͜͡ͅǫ͐͒̊̂̒͘̕҉̞̬̳̭͚͉̜͖͕͓̠̝̙ͅȧ̦͍̤͕͍̖̥̣̜̘͕͔́ͩ̓ͮ̋̀͢r̴̴̞̞͚̳̳̰̞͙̝̟̥͕͕͇͚̥̆ͤ̑̒̂̇́̕͘ͅd̡̙̩̩̱̘̜̲̫̤̖͖̱̖̞ͦ̂͊̓͂ͣͭ̅͂̊̿̌̿ͦ́͠͠e̠͉͚̗̪͓̘͎̗̯̦̤̰̲̠͈̤̟̯ͦͪ̎͑ͣͮ͐̽̓ͥͣ̈́͗̂ͩ̊ͩ͊̀̕͜͝a̵̫̘̮̮͔̯̟̰̪͖̳͔͇͖̜̘̹̞ͯͣ̾̈̾͑̈ͭͥͤd̡̜̦̫̻̠̺͇͔̹͚̻̻̗ͦ̓̍͛ͩ̓͌̈̕͜͞"̴̸̖̦̲͎͚̲͎̟̙͓̭̏̈́ͧ̎͐̾̈́̾ͣ̎̉͟͝ͅ

If there’s three Words about Railjack, it would be: Slingshot, Artillery, useless. Seriously useless, i only see them as Features if your Archwing can’t take a hit at all since Every Veil Mission, Solo or not, is beatable without these two at all.

9 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

If there’s three Words about Railjack, it would be: Slingshot, Artillery, useless. Seriously useless, i only see them as Features if your Archwing can’t take a hit at all since Every Veil Mission, Solo or not, is beatable without these two at all.

With proper build and status stack you can instantly one-shot kill an Exo Crewship with forward artillery.

I and my clan mates farmed Railjack even before DE returning from vacation, all of us have so strong Railjacks that we all can even solo Flexa and Ruse War Field with the Railjack by ourselves (with the exception of infiltration tasks, we need to get out to do the tasks though).

So I just smile when I read this post and comments. No offense though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

Archwing until ready

I pretty much soloed all of it in archwing until my railjack was beefed up enough to handle the veil.

I don't know if you console folks got that patch yet, but on PC archwing weapons deal 95% less damage when in Railjack missions, rendering them useless.

So you HAVE to use the ship.

Just throwing this one out there, but typically when Railjacks get a catastrophic breach it's because of a Crewship. Now, when this happens, do you deal with the source of the damage in the time window you have, or do you contiune to run about the ship repairing little issues while the Crewship continues to pepper your ship with damage? That's a failure spiral that reasonably easy to break out -- just kill the Crewship first.

Hm. I havent felt that way since getting a half decent build and ship parts. 

Heres an idea, lets judge an entire piece of content (in its bare bones rendition) by our experience trying to play wat was quoted as being intended for a full squad but all alone with undeveloped skills and equipment. Oh wait lets not. 

• Like 1

For those who think that I have a vacuum in my head - I hid Railjack at a distance of 6-7 kilometers from the enemy, and flew to fight Archwing, already on the second attempt. And I know that the best parts will come next. But it was about the starting situation. This is real hell of air battle.

You are weaker than when you first came to Warframe and you have MK-1 weapons. Your Railjack is destroyed in a second. Omni is lacking catastrophically without an upgrade. The team does not know what to do, and generally do not learn the nuances before going on this mission.

And after all, these missions are accessible even to neophytes (this is not an insult), who have just completed story quests and they ask to be accepted into the clan where there is a Dry Dock. They have neither experience, nor strength, nor skills. But they were allowed to climb into this hell.

I have read all the answers. I hope DE read them too.

Edited by AdvisorZ

8 hours ago, AdvisorZ said:

Maybe because the railjack is thin as always-ultra

You'll need zetki bulkhead and hull weave, both will make your ship tanky enough to be tolerable at 6000+ hp.

Maybe because railjack weapons have no damage

level appropriate weapons and zetki hyperstrike at a minimum for them to not feel like garbage. you can and should add in zetki predator when you can get it.

slower than the slowest tortoise in the world, and he does not have normal maneuvers

mk3 engines and intrinsic invented into piloting, the railjack will easily out pace an archwing. you can make this even faster with avionics as well.

Your railjack at the start is hot garbage, and will stay that way for a good while until you can invest enough into it. Progression is just not set up well at all, best way to avoid that is to just join another persons ship in public or go into recruiting and clear the starchart like that. By the end you'll have a good selection of avionics, ship parts and intrinsics. scrap any wreckage not mk3 until then.

If you do join another ship, enemy crew ships need to be your #1 priority, everything will go quicker with them dead.

It's easy to get caught in a loop of repairing and never having time to deal with the root of the problem, then running out of resources and failing. it's a good learning experience, and a strong indicator that with a basic railjack you are highly unlikely to enjoy fighting things alone, unless you abandon the railjack and fight in archwing.
This changes significantly when you get a crew onboard as you can now fly, repair AND fight. Railjack is not meant to be soloed, and this is starkly apparent in the beginning as you've experienced, though as you upgrade your Railjack you make inroads on it allowing you to more reliably solo. 
A reasonably developed Railjack can in fact solo, but again once you have even one other crew member to deal with things it allows you to keep the Railjack from being a sitting target being pounded from all sides and drastically improves your survival and fun quotients.

It's a team mode. If your railjack is not ready for the fight yet join pub crews or group find to gain the resources to upgrade your ship and the intrinsics to upgrade your tenno. It's not an instant win, and it shouldn't be.

In three words? There's a couple good ones.
teamwork trivializes challenges
control the fight
kill crewships first
watch for ramsleds

I feel ya. I was late to the party. Rarely, I find anyone doing earth. Those that do, have absolutely no clue. I ended up doing a lot of runs solo.

It's... hard when my ship is half baked. It's time consuming. It takes planning and wits.

You drive, you run away, you hide. And you repair, you manage resources.

You sneak. You sabotage. And sneak some more.

Now my shabby ship is Veil viable. No where perfect in any aspect but viable. I can solo Veil runs with the tactics above. Can't say it was easy. So most days I won't bother because it's just too much work. Which is a shame since it's still fun for me.