Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the average Warframe player getting worse?

(PSN)SrebX

With the whole UI and stats discussion lately I feel like I have to say something that's been on my mind for a while now-

More and more each and every day, it feels like the game is getting filled with plain awful players and clueless idiots.
It's one thing that always, since I've started playing the game about 8 months ago, I've been having a hard time finding players for longer endurance runs and more challenging runs. It's not for everyone, and however annoying that it, it's understandable.

But I don't know guys. Today I've had to carry 3 ppl who died after 1 rotation of excavators in Excavation Arbitration. All 3 died, after 1 freakin' rotation, and after I've revived all of them guess what happened? They died again and quit.
I love playing Frost and Wisp, which are 2 very defensive/utility based frames, and it's very often that I get 50-60% of the dmg done in a DEFENSE mission of 4 people, with both a Mesa and a Saryn- DPS frames.

I know the stats don't mean that much and the whole dmg done thing shouldn't be that much of a concern, but seriously? DEFENSE Mission which is all about killing? Outdamaging MESA and SARYN, the 2 best DPS frames? with FROST, a freakin' Defensive frame? 

I don't know guys, It really feels more and more like veterans are quitting the game and all that's left are clueless idiots, who make me want to quit the game as well because they make everything so damn difficult.
It's becoming increasingly rare to get a good team, and not to mention a similar minded team who'd want to stay for more than 5 minutes on freakin' Arbitrations, which are meant to be longer and harder.

I really think something in the UI should help you find a similar minded team- Maybe an LFG option or just having the option to be more picky with the automatching system,

I'd love your opinions on the whole topic, Thanks in advance!

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Or...you could use recruiting chat to find a group willing to go longer.

I'm trying that daily. Problems with that are-

1. It's confined within your region, so it addresses very little people
2. It mostly feels like a competition to see who can spam the most and most often, and it feels stupid to compete with 4 line clan recruitment messages because I wanna do a freakin' Arbitration
3. It takes a while, and it takes a lot of digging and retyping. It's more of a personal problem but honestly, I HATE typing with consoles, it takes about 2 minutes to write 6 words and it's awful and the whole 120 second cooldown thing is awful and the whole recruitment chat is a salady mess of annoying features overlapping each other 

• Like 3

Avalanche Frost can get most damage easily afaik. with 2 dps frames with bad builds, or no LoS in Mesa's case on small maps.

Maybe they were also leveling?

Undergeared people often queue up for 'endgame' activities, that's nothing new.

But the game is becoming increasingly casualized, so i wouldn't be surprised about anything like that.

• Like 1

Honestly, i enjoyed carrying Low MRs until recently, with the whole Railjack hype I noticed these kind of players have been joining the game a lot lately, I didn't care for a while until I got insulted blamed for not Destroying a Crewship while I as doing the fixes the whole time, the pilot wanted to just sit there not using any abilities or even the artillery weapon, he wanted me the one who kept the ship alive to go out and destroy it... at this point Toxicity in warframe is inevitable, the moment DE added Railjack they have committed sepaku and as result the game is filled with idiots rightnow.

17 минут назад, (PS4)SrebX сказал:

With the whole UI and stats discussion lately I feel like I have to say something that's been on my mind for a while now-

More and more each and every day, it feels like the game is getting filled with plain awful players and clueless idiots.
It's one thing that always, since I've started playing the game about 8 months ago, I've been having a hard time finding players for longer endurance runs and more challenging runs. It's not for everyone, and however annoying that it, it's understandable.

But I don't know guys. Today I've had to carry 3 ppl who died after 1 rotation of excavators in Excavation Arbitration. All 3 died, after 1 freakin' rotation, and after I've revived all of them guess what happened? They died again and quit.
I love playing Frost and Wisp, which are 2 very defensive/utility based frames, and it's very often that I get 50-60% of the dmg done in a DEFENSE mission of 4 people, with both a Mesa and a Saryn- DPS frames.

I know the stats don't mean that much and the whole dmg done thing shouldn't be that much of a concern, but seriously? DEFENSE Mission which is all about killing? Outdamaging MESA and SARYN, the 2 best DPS frames? with FROST, a freakin' Defensive frame? 

I don't know guys, It really feels more and more like veterans are quitting the game and all that's left are clueless idiots, who make me want to quit the game as well because they make everything so damn difficult.
It's becoming increasingly rare to get a good team, and not to mention a similar minded team who'd want to stay for more than 5 minutes on freakin' Arbitrations, which are meant to be longer and harder.

I really think something in the UI should help you find a similar minded team- Maybe an LFG option or just having the option to be more picky with the automatching system,

I'd love your opinions on the whole topic, Thanks in advance!

Its Casualframe today.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

It mostly feels like a competition to see who can spam the most and most often, and it feels stupid to compete with 4 line clan recruitment messages because I wanna do a freakin' Arbitration

Pretty sure ppl use filter in recruit chat.

I sure do whenever I'm looking for very specific runs.

As for your average WF player, I've still got to find a game where the average player is decent.

Pub matches are a mess in any online game.

In case of arbitrations, I think it's one of those cases of:

"Where's a good place to get ENDO?"

"Arbitrations"

"Thanks, I'll just run it blindly with some random loadout that isn't suitable for that mission type... like I do in every other mission in the game."

vor 41 Minuten schrieb (PS4)SrebX:

What about the enemies killed stat? That's arguably the far more important one, While overkilling enemies certainly is fun, it is afterall useless. From personal experience I have skewed quite a few damage dealt statistics by just bringing a heavy attack build on my melee weapon (something like 70% damage dealt but only a third of the enemies killed). This is actually why I'm glad DE will hide the damage dealt stat behind another screen. Far too many people care far too much about it in an way that's not healthy for the game.

• Like 2

Those kind of Players is why i normally do Solo Survivals if i want to go far in Enemy's levels (although Survival hates Solo Players). But yeah it's a lot easier to find Average Players than Players who want to reach 500+ or just 300+ unless you're in a planned Squad or you get lucky with Randoms, especially Arbitration. Also, Railjack can reflect this too because a good Team can make a 1K Shields and Health Railjack survive through a Veil Mission no problem or have very consistent runs in a short amount of time with a beefy Railjack while a bad one can make a 6K Health Railjack have a hard time surviving through Veil Missions. Unless you're one of those Players that Solo any Railljack Mission without any issues.

17 minutes ago, Aldain said:

This feels like a thinly veiled newbie bashing thread.

If I wanted to just bash newbies I'd have MUCH more to say, believe me,
It's just that up until a few months ago I'd usually play with players who would mostly compete with me/are better than me/do the minimum required in a mission. Nowadays it's getting increasingly harder to get into public matchmaking and not having to carry the team.
That's just my personal feeling, you're don't have to resonate with that

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Pretty sure ppl use filter in recruit chat.

I sure do whenever I'm looking for very specific runs.

As for your average WF player, I've still got to find a game where the average player is decent.

Pub matches are a mess in any online game.

In case of arbitrations, I think it's one of those cases of:

"Where's a good place to get ENDO?"

"Arbitrations"

"Thanks, I'll just run it blindly with some random loadout that isn't suitable for that mission type... like I do in every other mission in the game."

The game I playing before Warframe was Guild Wars 2, which I played for about 3 years on and off, and I can say that at least in GW2 it wasn't a problem most of the time
In casual PvE content like dungeons, 80% of the runs would go smoothly. You'd get the awful player here and there, but it was mostly fine and ppl knew what to do

And then we got the LFG function, Where you'd just type once what are your goals and what you wanna do, and people would join fairly quickly most of the time

• Like 1

Hmm. Well... I just want to point out that the statistics at the end of the mission aren't usually the best gauge to determine who is and isn't helping. Maybe you had a rubico p equipped and were getting 5000% dmg overkills then spawning the spark from breach surge and getting a further x4 overkill damage on some other enemy. The damage dealt statistic includes overkill. In this case you probably should have been looking at total kills since Saryn's spores don't really "do" overkill.

On top of that, I'm usually playing speed/slowva and the total damage dealt/total kills numbers are terrible indicators of how much I'm contributing to the team. I'm casting hundreds of abilities though and that's reflected in the stats. Then again I could just be casting null star over and over so you've really got to take the end of mission stats with like, a heaping helping a salt, not just a grain.

LMAO can't help with the deaths in arbie-qs issue, though. At least arbie level players on NSW don't seem THAT bad though we are much fewer.

Finding people who want to do the same thing as you, for the same amount of time or intensity as you is incredibly hard no matter what.  Recruit is best shot but it sounds like you should try to find a clan to join.

I tried to recruit for various nw objectives last night and got 0 takers and it was the weekly reset.

Im three+ years in, MR24,  i dont do sorties, tridolons, or arbitrations cuz they require to much effort.  I like to use whatever frames/weapons I feel like and just have fun,  not compete for most damage/kills or effeciency.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Hmm. Well... I just want to point out that the statistics at the end of the mission aren't usually the best gauge to determine who is and isn't helping. Maybe you had a rubico p equipped and were getting 5000% dmg overkills then spawning the spark from breach surge and getting a further x4 overkill damage on some other enemy. The damage dealt statistic includes overkill. In this case you probably should have been looking at total kills since Saryn's spores don't really "do" overkill.

On top of that, I'm usually playing speed/slowva and the total damage dealt/total kills numbers are terrible indicators of how much I'm contributing to the team. I'm casting hundreds of abilities though and that's reflected in the stats. Then again I could just be casting null star over and over so you've really got to take the end of mission stats with like, a heaping helping a salt, not just a grain.

LMAO can't help with the deaths in arbie-qs issue, though. At least arbie level players on NSW don't seem THAT bad though we are much fewer.

18 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

What about the enemies killed stat? That's arguably the far more important one, While overkilling enemies certainly is fun, it is afterall useless. From personal experience I have skewed quite a few damage dealt statistics by just bringing a heavy attack build on my melee weapon (something like 70% damage dealt but only a third of the enemies killed). This is actually why I'm glad DE will hide the damage dealt stat behind another screen. Far too many people care far too much about it in an way that's not healthy for the game.

I've tried my best to describe in the main post that I'm trying to to give that stat too much weight without going that much into it, so let me explain-

-If I've had a Rubico Prime that overkills by 5000% I'd never ever ever outdamage a halfway decent Saryn or Mesa, because I'd have to take the time to line up shots while they AoE massacare everything in sight (Or even without sight in the case of Saryn)
-I mostly use Staticor, which is a good AoE weapon but isn't particularly strong
-I used extreme (Yet surprisingly frequent) examples on purpose- 60% of dmg out of a 4 people team (And COME ON, don't tell me you can actually achieve THAT much more dmg than anyone else while not killing A LOT more enemies, unless I'd be actively trying to do so) , with a defensive frame, while the team consist of MESA AND SARYN. Nova? Wisp? Gara? Banshee? I'd never complain on their dmg output cause they have utility, and as long as they're remotely doing their jobs I don't mind about numbers because I benefit from them pressing an ability every once in a while, but explain to me how can Mesa and Saryn contribute to a team without dealing freakin' DMG?! (And no Venom Dose, obviously) 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Finding people who want to do the same thing as you, for the same amount of time or intensity as you is incredibly hard no matter what.  Recruit is best shot but it sounds like you should try to find a clan to join.

I tried to recruit for various nw objectives last night and got 0 takers and it was the weekly reset.

Im three+ years in, MR24,  i dont do sorties, tridolons, or arbitrations cuz they require to much effort.  I like to use whatever frames/weapons I feel like and just have fun,  not compete for most damage/kills or effeciency.

2 minutes ago, Fast_Pickle said:

>game caters to casuals
>upset when casuals don't meet standards
>complaining about who does the most work in a team game

>using the forums

O COME ON. I seriously think I'm being fair here. I'm not trying to hold anyone to any rigid standard or anything, I've hardly complained about doing a bit more dmg, I'm talking really basic stuff here.

Hold on for 1 rotation, Actually get power source for excavator, go to where the mission indicator tells you on Sabotage, Contribute ANYTHING for just doing the freakin' mission and use your goddamn frame how it's built, That's it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, schilds said:

Ikr! These days the average player doesn't even know that the damage dealt stat is meaningless!

See there? that's mindlessness. Generic cynical comment without reading the main post, which addressed that very issue. Thanks for the example

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (PS4)SrebX:

I've tried my best to describe in the main post that I'm trying to to give that stat too much weight without going that much into it, so let me explain-

-If I've had a Rubico Prime that overkills by 5000% I'd never ever ever outdamage a halfway decent Saryn or Mesa, because I'd have to take the time to line up shots while they AoE massacare everything in sight (Or even without sight in the case of Saryn)
-I mostly use Staticor, which is a good AoE weapon but isn't particularly strong
-I used extreme (Yet surprisingly frequent) examples on purpose- 60% of dmg out of a 4 people team (And COME ON, don't tell me you can actually achieve THAT much more dmg than anyone else while not killing A LOT more enemies, unless I'd be actively trying to do so) , with a defensive frame, while the team consist of MESA AND SARYN. Nova? Wisp? Gara? Banshee? I'd never complain on their dmg output cause they have utility, and as long as they're remotely doing their jobs I don't mind about numbers because I benefit from them pressing an ability every once in a while, but explain to me how can Mesa and Saryn contribute to a team without dealing freakin' DMG?! (And no Venom Dose, obviously) 

Mesa and Saryn can reach amazing DPS but neither of them have any real overkilling abilities. That's why your example will remain pretty much meaningless to us readers because we'd need to see the enemies killed stat to properly judge.

This may be more a symptom of how little guidance new players receive as opposed to low skill. Skilled play doesn’t get you the mods and arcanes needed to perform in these higher level game modes. Only knowing the correct order of progression does, and the game does not give it to you.

These game modes are also not barred by a gear check or tutorials or any of that. Most people who play games assume any game mode unlocked is at their current progress level. So, they will choose options that just popped up on the UI to try them out.

• Like 3