Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

7 hours ago, AlchemicMike said:

By the Lotus I never figured Jeff Bezos plays Warframe! How does one person acquire one of the rarest mods ELEVEN times over!?

Also: quoted by a moderator for being right! It's like a dream! A dream within a dream! A Second dream if you will!

...I'll stop now. 

The player had been collecting them for like 4 years

38 minutes ago, (PS4)ToastyFairy01 said:

That or when people realize they can reload manually.

No idea why you're bringing that up. I've mentioned single-round sniper because it will obviously get a lot of attention, as any new weapon does, and will make PC prices go up.

On 2020-02-14 at 4:21 PM, Serafim_94 said:

Good.

Then again, i don't see many people farming 3k ducats for that garbage either.

It's not even a good mod. Only useable on the Vectic and Vectis Prime. Rivens made this ridiculously overpriced mod redundant. I had enough ducats to get it and didn't want to waste it.

21 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

What other mod effectively increases your max damage as much with no drawback?

We have 8 mod slots, there is no other mod to place in the last slot that gives the same benefit. You have Primed Cryo or Armaments for that slot. If you play chroma you can easily replace serration with it aswell.

Primed chamber on Vectis requires depleted reload. You are sacrificing two mod slots that could instead be used on multiplicative damage, such as crit chance or crit damage.

You could also be using 60/60 or elemental mods.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Primed chamber on Vectis requires depleted reload. You are sacrificing two mod slots that could instead be used on multiplicative damage, such as crit chance or crit damage.

You don't need Depleted Reload. You can actually reload manually after your first shot.

PS. Is reload interruption still a thing? Haven't used that in a very long time.

47 minutes ago, RunningChaos said:

You don't need Depleted Reload. You can actually reload manually after your first shot.

PS. Is reload interruption still a thing? Haven't used that in a very long time.

I think the other point of using depleted reload is the sped up reload speed... Mitigating the drawback of sniper rifles long reloads.

I think it's fine that Primed Chamber has finally returned. The thing that makes me a bit mad is how when asked about it DE normally responded "we want to make it return at the right moment and in a meaningful way" or something like that only for it to end up being thrown in Baro's inventory.

To me it looks like player count dropping is that "right moment" they claimed to be waiting for since recently they made another run of plague star and now the acolytes are running free again shortly after.

44 minutes ago, Eshima said:

I think the other point of using depleted reload is the sped up reload speed... Mitigating the drawback of sniper rifles long reloads.

The only reason why depleted reload exists is because somehow DE thought that adding a second bullet to Vectis' clip was a better buff than reload speed for its prime, but then when players complained about it their response was the addition of a bandaid mod as usual

Edited by ----Legacy----

It's cool this finally came back, even if it took a long time. Now what else is out there that still needs to come back like this? As there is bound to be something in the game that players will try and inflate up. The Steam sale skins come to mind, or perhaps some of those weird unreleased mods that have gotten transmuted out from time to time?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

It doesnt require depleted reload. Even without it, it is a straight increase in damage for Vectis Prime that no other mod can compete with in the last slot. 60/60 on vectis prime is also a waste. The only status you're really interested in would be viral, which the baseline status along with a MS mod procs often enough.

For me I run a riven, serration/primed cryo (depending on frame), point strike, vital sense, split chamber, 90%, 90% or hunter munition and primed chamber. Riven is far from perfect with a heat+toxin+puncture roll atm. But it lets me mod well for both radiation or viral depending on the build. So primed chamber really only replaces primed cryo or armaments. Currently I'm trying to get a riven with cold+CC+CD/MS and a negative, like -magazine size. That lets me build both a viral+HM build and a rad+cold for eidolon hunting if I want with chroma.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Someone in the Facebook groups claimed to have 20 before Baro showed up. 

They must really have liked having copies of the mod. I'm sure they are having a ball collecting more now that the price has dropped so much. I bet they cracked extra relics all weekend long, to try and get a bunch of copies from Baro. 

8 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

Dunno, i think the only reason this mod sells at all right now is "OHMYGODITSPRIMEDCHAMBER", and as soon as people will cool off and realize that it's not something special anymore, good luck selling it for more than it's worth now.

That's unless a single round sniper gets released at some point.

Depleted Reload Vectis build is a single shot with a reload speed fast enough to keep consistent other larger mag sniper rifles. I know because that's what I use while hunting Eidolon's and had it ready just in case Primed Chamber ever came back.

On 2020-02-14 at 9:23 AM, DrytheSA said:

Can Warframe 'veterans' stop trying to gatekeep pointless things in a video game from others?? Like, I'm sure you have something more important in your life you can focus on rather than this.

Veteran here, personally I feel there's a lot of salt flying around due to a mods rarity suddenly dropping for the first time in 5+ years. Most of these people are the ones who originally had the mod and are disappointed that it's no longer unique to them. 

I've never had Primed Chamber until last Saturday and I'm quite happy that I now own a piece of Warframe history. The mod itself in the current sandbox isn't all that powerful, no where near gamebreaking, but a nice unique thing that has a lot of story behind it.

For those of you who had it before, you had your run (5+ years of it), and for those who have it now, enjoy it. (And maybe look into the history a bit, it's an interesting read.)

• Like 2

On 2020-02-14 at 2:18 PM, Voltage said:

unknown.png

Let me preface by saying I don't own a Primed Chamber. Now, I understand the players who legitimately earned one of these is in the extreme minority, and it's nice to get one for myself, but I cannot help but give objective feedback that this does not respect the former rarity and aquisition for years. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but just letting players have this for a measly 2,995 Ducats and 1,000,000 Credits is quite lousy. I think a cool way to implement this could be something like future Operations give this to top 100 players on each Platform, or top 10 players on weekly leaderboards for any mission can get one. Something fair but still nodding to it's original addition would have been nice. 

The time put into getting the Platinum is one thing, finding someone with one for sale is extremely hard, and overall this mod had a cool value associated with it. That's all been obliterated as it's now purchasable from Baro and holds none of that achievement anymore.

This was a poor implementation of the mod back into the game. This is a blind-sided punch to the stomach to a very specific yet dedicated group of players. Though, I do understand that it had to return at some point, and it was inevitable for it to return, it's just the "how it was added" that I disagree with.

After reading several replies, I came across the very feeling I was trying to describe:

Hey man I was able to get 6k ducats within the time Baro was here and I’m sure some people was able to get 4 or even 5 primed chamber mods!

So no it really doesn’t respect how rare it WAS..oh well!

I sold mine for 280p and 250p, feels bad man..but to me it was easy plat after watching grind hard squad review on the mod, my gut tells me the price of primed chamber will go down! But not by much as it costed 3000 ducats! But on the contrary that’s 30, 100 ducat item’s which some cost 10 plat so you could say 400-500 plat depending on how many there are now, idk man could be anywhere from 100-1000 plat but for reference of what mods we can get for 1000 plat in the trade chat now I really think primed chamber stinks hahahah 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

They must really have liked having copies of the mod. I'm sure they are having a ball collecting more now that the price has dropped so much. I bet they cracked extra relics all weekend long, to try and get a bunch of copies from Baro. 

Considering how rare and expensive the mod was before Baro, shenanigans were called.  

As to farming for more, Idk. I just seriously doubt someone was willing to spend tens of thousands of plat to just sit on a pile of mods.  Well, 20, I guess it'd be into the hundreds of thousands.

Having that many afterwards though, depends on how much of a hoarder the player is.  I have so many prime parts, I was able to buy one outright within 5 minutes of logging in, 0 relics cracked, and it didn't really make a dent in my stash.  Could have gotten more but i only wanted one.

I never owed primed chamber, bought 4, sold them all for 300-400p a pop. I could get a full set of energize if I want to now, but Im worried that will get nerfed eventually.

... I had alot of duccats. Too many duccats.

I am gonna buy the tenocon relay pass so I can do it again later (was gonna do it anyways since I did do it yearly, I like supporting this game) 

See yall in the Index!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Considering how rare and expensive the mod was before Baro, shenanigans were called.  

As to farming for more, Idk. I just seriously doubt someone was willing to spend tens of thousands of plat to just sit on a pile of mods.  Well, 20, I guess it'd be into the hundreds of thousands.

Having that many afterwards though, depends on how much of a hoarder the player is.  I have so many prime parts, I was able to buy one outright within 5 minutes of logging in, 0 relics cracked, and it didn't really make a dent in my stash.  Could have gotten more but i only wanted one.

Oh, I don't doubt that they would do it. Some people seem to get very excited about the idea having stuff that nobod else is allowed to have. 

Most of the rest of us just seem to want to have stuff, and it looks like, in general, we don't care about what anyone else has. I'm thinking that's because what you have doesn't affect me in any way. I don't lose anything if you have the same mods as I do. 

Some people just don't seem to see it that way, for some reason. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh, I don't doubt that they would do it. Some people seem to get very excited about the idea having stuff that nobod else is allowed to have. 

Most of the rest of us just seem to want to have stuff, and it looks like, in general, we don't care about what anyone else has. I'm thinking that's because what you have doesn't affect me in any way. I don't lose anything if you have the same mods as I do. 

Some people just don't seem to see it that way, for some reason. 

Ah, yeah.  Dealing with someone right now who doesn't seem to understand that I don't play Warframe the way they do.  I'm a little concerned about how confused and upset they are about this. 

I've long held that my enjoyment of my inventory has no bearing on anyone else's.  

• Like 1

On 2020-02-14 at 8:38 AM, Senguash said:

Before you comment without reading the whole thing, let me just politely inform you this probably isn't going where you think it's going.

I bought primed chamber almost two years ago.

When I did the going prime was about 50k, sometimes more, sometimes less but usually about there. That's what I got it for.

It took me four months to find a seller who actually had it and wanted to sell it for market price. I found the seller through random chance in a comment on reddit one of my friends had spotted. The person hadn't logged on in a long time, but I managed to convince them to log back on and farmed the credits for the trade with them.

That was the end of four months of searching, and that was after I had accumulated the plat. A bit of it was from prime access but the vast majority came from trading. I traded prime sets, mods, arcanes and whatever else I could make plat off of. A lot of the plat was made from things I farmed and sold, and a lot of it was profits from things I flipped.

By the time I started that grind I had most other things in the game I could get my hands, so going for primed chamber felt like the final achievement. It wasen't shown in the codex so your mod collection would still feel complete without it, but I wanted the truly complete mod collection.

Finally getting it felt like the best thing in the world. It felt so tangible, to have something uniqute like that which only about a hundred other people had.

By the time I got it, it had been gone for the game for about 5 years. You can think I'm naive if you want, but I thought that if it hadn't come back for 5 whole years it never would.

And, I thought it wouldn't even make sense to bring it back. One of the things that warframe has always been about is the loot. Whether it's guns, swords, mods or warframes themselves getting and having loot has always felt good, because even if you know it's just 1's and 0's it feels tangible and real, and it feels like yours. I know some people care more than others about that, but I think everyone should be able to recognize it as something that really matters in warframe.

For things to feel real and tangible it's important that they also have some kind of value. Monetary value in terms of plat is one type of value, but it always fluctuates at least a little bit, but it's not really the true value of something.

To me, the closest we can get to the true value is time invested. There's a lot of things in this game which aren't tradable, but they still feel valuable because they took time and effort to get.

That's why, whenever any type of change is made to warframe, DE should ideally always think about how it affects the things that players have spent time and effort on.

It's not always the most important, but it should always be given thought. 

It's become a more and more frequent occurence, that I feel the time I've put in has been disregarded after the fact. This is just what I can remember off the top of my head:

• The resource system in plains of eidolon were gutted. You went from needing over a thousand nyth and sentirum to craft full arcane sets, to needing 5 of each for a single amp part and gauss part. It's now likely that a single thumper kill will drop more of these resources than you'll ever need. 
  • Arcanes have at the absolute maximum a quarter of the value they had when they were from raids
  • Arcane helmets were made to conflict with an arcane slot, and the arcanes were buffed heavily.
  • A lot of prime accesses were sold before it was apparent every single one of them would eventually come back cheaper.
  • Vitus essense droprate from arbitrations was close to tripled in the rework.
  • Lich ephemeras started at 5% droprate, they're 20% now, after you had plenty of time to farm them.
  • The first nightwave started with an exclusive weapon that was hard to get, and ended with a weapon that was trivial to farm a ton of copies of.
  • The droprate of vidar reactors was doubled and the stat range made narrower, after you had the holidays to farm them.

The amount of times droprates have been buffed and content has been dumbed down or basically been made skipable many months after it's release is astounding. It's become the norm rather than something that is done when neccesary. 

I've kept dismissing the way I feel about this, but now I can't anymore.

If primed chamber wasen't safe after 7 years, then nothing is.

Your warframes, your weapons and your mods can get the exact same treatment anytime. 

This just sucks, and I hate it, and the thing that I hate the most about it isn't even that I'm 50k plat or however much it's worth now down, it's that I'll most likely never recover that feeling of tangibility  that I had for all my stuff in this game.

You can think of me what you want for my emotional investment in warframe, the hours I've put in and my opinions on it. I don't care. I know it's just a video game, but warframe has been a big part of my life for the past 4 years, and I care deeply about it. If you think that's stupid I can't really argue.

It feels like not even the game itself cares about the time I've put in anymore, so why do I continue to bother...

Whatever, I just needed to get all that off my chest.

i mean its your fault for wasting that much plat for just 1 mod

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Ah, yeah.  Dealing with someone right now who doesn't seem to understand that I don't play Warframe the way they do.  I'm a little concerned about how confused and upset they are about this. 

I've long held that my enjoyment of my inventory has no bearing on anyone else's.  

For me it's always been about pushing Baro's nose in it. He sneers too much when I don't buy anything. Spent weeks trading for prime junk just to show his npc butt who he's dealing with. 

Since then he's been a bit more mindful and I take that as a sign that he's gotten the message....or it could be that he's intimidated by my Rhino Prime's fashion. 

But even my enjoyment of doing that, didn't encourage me to buy this mod. So to see people acting like we should have had to pay massive sums of plat to earn the "privilege" of joining the club.... LOL I wasn't interested even for 200 plat worth of prime junk. 

*shrug*

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

For me it's always been about pushing Baro's nose in it. He sneers too much when I don't buy anything. Spent weeks trading for prime junk just to show his npc butt who he's dealing with. 

Since then he's been a bit more mindful and I take that as a sign that he's gotten the message....or it could be that he's intimidated by my Rhino Prime's fashion. 

But even my enjoyment of doing that, didn't encourage me to buy this mod. So to see people acting like we should have had to pay massive sums of plat to earn the "privilege" of joining the club.... LOL I wasn't interested even for 200 plat worth of prime junk. 

*shrug*

Only reason I wanted it was to test out a Magnetize build lol

If it weren't for that, I doubt I would have bothered and just donated more prime junk to the clannies that wanted it.