Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

10 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

That's one of the issues, you see. Previously, if you had primed chamber, people knew you were a vet or you worked extremly hard to get it. Now? Pretty much anyone with ducats to spare got one. 

One question:
How would anyone know if you had primed chamber?  Unless you were tossing it in their faces through spamming link-build and going "See?  I'm a true vet!  I have primed chamber in this build..."

I mean half the time I don't even notice what weapons my team-mates are using, baring special circumstances.
Hek sometimes I don't even really notice what frame they are using as we rush through a mission.

So please tell me: How would someone know, let alone care, that you had this mod?
It's not like the effects of having vs not having this mod was so dramatic that by using a sniper people were just able to tell "Oh yeah, he must have primed chamber..."

The mod was never a "badge of honour" and it was never noticeable enough to set you apart from any other player of the game.
I can promise you that no one ever noticed if you had the mod.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Unless you were tossing it in their faces through spamming link-build and going "See?  I'm a true vet!  I have primed chamber in this build..."

That's a relatively new thing, so most of this time it wouldn't have been an option. They would have had to go through the trouble of telling everyone that they own primed chamber. 

And yes you and @Aldainare right, apart from the not knowing, is the question of why anyone would care. 

I mean I know that there are some people who are going to covet things (we've seen quite a few on this thread) but not everyone is like that. Most people have enough trouble focusing on what they have, to worry about what someone else has. 

• Like 2

This whole thing seemed crazy to me. I didn’t know anything about this mod before Baro had it and just thought oh cool a primed mod I don’t have and it must be good for the price. I had the ducats So I got one. Then I seeing people asking anywhere from 400pl to 1000pl for it on trade chat and figured I’d look into it. Sold my first on for 450 that day. Then sold almost all my primed parts to buy another from Baro and sold that for another 450. Then spent Saturday night grinding relics to buy another and sold that one for 500pl.

Most platinum I’ve ever had! I’ve only bought like 20 dollars worth of plat for Warframe slots and some weapon slots before this So I’m pretty pleased with this. I honestly don’t understand why people were paying so much plat for it when you could just grind relics and index and get enough to buy one or more in a day. But whatever now I’ve got Frames I wouldn’t have had otherwise. A new landing craft and more Warframe and weapon slots. And the thing that really gets me is that all the prime parts I traded to get the ducats wouldn’t have sold for the amount of plat I got for selling those three mods. also makes me think of the logic or lack there of of people asking to buy ducats or prime parts to trade in for ducats when it would be more beneficial for someone to trade their own stuff in and then sell the mod themselves.

oh and how could I forget the fish tank in my personal quarters!!! Best Warframe weekend ever!

Edited by KungFuMonkeys

And about people caring or knowing about mods. I’ve never thought oh wow that guy must have such and such mod!

I have played with people and thought wow that guy either spent a lot of plat on a Warframe or cosmetics or he’s been playing for a long time. Honestly the thing that usually sticks out the most to me is someone’s landing craft. Because it’s right smack there on the screen during loading. And for the longest time I never bothered to look into how you got different ones so it just seemed like some cool thing that I didnt have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hendrix923 said:

Most players can’t come up with 3K ducats in 2 days. It was rereleased to get players to buy the Tennocon pack, just a ploy to drum up business. 

You mean like when the AI running in the background knows you need Argon or Orokin Cells and it starts getting stingy with the drops....unless wait for it....wait for it...……...you buy a Resource Booster and Resource Drop Chance Booster. Then you're getting skeeted on by a giant Argon penis at full pressure. When you don't need any cells, they enemies are sh---ing them out like the Easter Bunny poops Cadbury Eggs.   *Laughs in Chinese Overlord Executive Board who lets this company believe it's still Canadian*

7 minutes ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

You mean like when the AI running in the background knows you need Argon or Orokin Cells and it starts getting stingy with the drops....unless wait for it....wait for it...……...you buy a Resource Booster and Resource Drop Chance Booster. Then you're getting skeeted on by a giant Argon penis at full pressure. When you don't need any cells, they enemies are sh---ing them out like the Easter Bunny poops Cadbury Eggs.   *Laughs in Chinese Overlord Executive Board who lets this company believe it's still Canadian*

Your tinfoil is showing. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Aldain said:

Follow up to Guz's question as well, what makes anyone think that people actually care if somebody has a rare mod or not?

Because honestly before this whole debacle (if anyone could call it that) I had trouble remembering that Primed Chamber even was in the game period, much less wondering who has or was using it.

All that being said don't mind me...just passing through the glorious mess that is this thread.

Honestly, Outside of a few really, really niche builds, I was always more likely to laugh at someone using it than anythingelse. 

Edited by Paradoxity
Typo. Not enough coffee yet.

55 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

Its just an ok mod these days. A lot of people, including myself, looked at the ducat value and thought they would rather keep their ducats. Some people just need to let it go and find some other way to be special and famous.

I got it with the ducats simply because i've already got everything else on Baro (except for the random new item like the leg thing this week) and i kinda miss the old days of farming fissures like a madman for Baro's stuff when i was catching up.
Took me like 40m or so of repeating a lith capture. So it's barely an effort on Warframe grind times.
I mean i've still to drop a Condition Overload of my own... And i've done multiple hour long runs in Ophelia with Nekros, Pilfering Hydroid, Pilfering Khoras, etc. No dice, so 40m for a crappy mod that never should have been that valuable, but is, why not.

And honestly those people that paid 100k plat or more for it... I hope you stole, riven scammed or hacked something to get that plat. Because honestly, that mod works well in one weapon, and one weapon only, that's vectis or a Vectis Prime with Depleted Reload. Other snipers, you can use, but have to manually reload.
It's a nice to have, but honestly, it was never worth it. And DE clearly messed up when they added Charged chamber instead of just making this available where Charged Chamber drops.
It's one other in a long list of DE being scared of doing the right thing, and just letting S#&$ escalate.

8 hours ago, hendrix923 said:

Most players can’t come up with 3K ducats in 2 days. It was rereleased to get players to buy the Tennocon pack, just a ploy to drum up business. 

Saw this mod being released in Baro and me going "Isn't this mod very glorious and worshiped by all Tennos?", decided to sell 70% of my primed parts stored till this date...

..to realize that I don't have enough mod slot to fit into my vectis unless I have a Riven. 

Off to some relic farming for the rest of the year lul Lesson learnt: Don't blindly follow the trend

22 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

That's one of the issues, you see. Previously, if you had primed chamber, people knew you were a vet or you worked extremly hard to get it. Now? Pretty much anyone with ducats to spare got one. 

Let me introduce you to this little symbol, not that it matters because who cares about raging underdeveloped ep33n?...
Not me and my closed beta icon!!! that's who not.
20200219115028_1.jpg

Edited by Carnage2K4

18 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Let me introduce you to this little symbol, not that it matters because who cares about raging underdeveloped ep33n?...
20200219115028_1.jpg

Random rich high ego player: I WTB that icon 100k plat so I can brag about how elite of a player I am and demand your respect and worship!

5 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Is it really so wrong to have something that distinguishes you from other players?

No but this mod doesn't do that as its not something out their for every random to even see.

Not that everyone would even value such a thing to begin with.

And running linking to every random will just get you ignored because its annoying.

Every random person you see isn't going to go out of their to see if you have a crappy collectors mod equiped on your weapon lol.

41 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Is it really so wrong to have something that distinguishes you from other players?

Not at all.  But this mod doesn't do that, especially since you would need to be spamming people with links to your inventory to even prove you have it.

Want something to show off that sets you apart from other players?  Buy Prime Access.  Run events and get the unique weapons, equip the event emblems.  A mod doesn't show off anything, no one can see it when you're playing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Not at all.  But this mod doesn't do that, especially since you would need to be spamming people with links to your inventory to even prove you have it.

Want something to show off that sets you apart from other players?  Buy Prime Access.  Run events and get the unique weapons, equip the event emblems.  A mod doesn't show off anything, no one can see it when you're playing.

We've come to the usual conclusion.

Fashionframe is endgame.

Edited by Ver1dian
  • Like 1

some poeple collect mods for themselves, not to show off. so if they want to have primed chamber, let them have it. this game is about doing the stuff you want, the way you want. 
people who try and get 20k plat from them though, need to be punished or cancelled.

this event has done exactly that, because those selected few who tried to make a huge buck at someone else's cost, stopped to matter now. 

• Like 1

10 часов назад, Carnage2K4 сказал:

20200219115028_1.jpg

Oh, but Primed chamber people who bought it definitely weren't around for closed beta. They aren't vet enough, and they know it. Hence overcompensating.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MagPrime said:

You realize that (old) Primed Chamber's only real equivalent to a cosmetic is the Gold Skull Kill Event Badge or the Phased Anykros Skin right? People who wanted to distinguish themselves apart sought for the item almost nobody had, not the item that only represents an account age.

Everything you listed just shows when you were around, which is really cool, but a different objective than owning a Primed Chamber.

This is why I feel Primed Chamber should have been a reward anyone can get by participating in weekly leaderboards and coming in the top 10 for any category. This would still keep the mod an achievement, but would make it permanently available to anyone.

Edited by Voltage

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

You realize that (old) Primed Chamber's only real equivalent to a cosmetic is the Gold Skull Kill Event Badge or the Phased Anykros Skin right? People who wanted to distinguish themselves apart sought for the item almost nobody had, not the item that only represents an account age.

Everything you listed just shows when you were around, which is really cool, but a different objective than owning a Primed Chamber.

This is why I feel Primed Chamber should have been a reward anyone can get by participating in weekly leaderboards and coming in the top 10 for any category. This would still keep the mod an achievement, but would make it permanently available to anyone.

Honestly, half asleep when I made that post and left out a few things.  

However, by definition of prestige, Primed Chamber barely qualifies and that's subjective.  The only achievement tied to owning that mod before Baro was how much plat you were willing to farm for it (unless you were one of the original players who got it) so it could sit in your inventory unused and unacknowledged by the player base at large. To prove to anyone you had if, you had to take a screenshot and post it somewhere.

With the release of it via Baro, there is a greater sense of achievement for many, simply because they were able to work towards the goal of owning it.  In that sense, the prestige of owning the mod increased. 

As to making it available all the time; sure.  I mean, it's not that great of a mod for newer players, or even mid tier players, who don't have the gear or understanding to use it in its niche glory, so there really isn't a point in having it time gated to Baro.

(Unless you like conspiracy theories and believe DE did it to help wipe out Relic/Prime stashes. XD)

• Like 6