Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade prices getting lower

LordNero86

1 minute ago, Pr1A said:

I often sell my stuff for much cheaper than the "true" value when I just want to get plat fast. I'm not anal about getting the absolute best possible price out of everything.

I too sell cheaper than most prices but 20p for a set is a little ...too cheap.
Even wukong prime set sells easily for more than 60p and he is not soon to be vaulted.
I just don't get the logic, if you want that small amount of plat fast, sell some augments or other stuff that are easily farmed, or a velled riven or anything.

Do understand that when everyone has almost everything in the game, prices will drop hella low. Primed Chamber is one example. It was worth 700+ when it was re-added to the game. Hours later, prices went down by a lot. For your Mag issue, Mag isn't a good frame atm. There isn't much use for her anymore due to the power creep of other much better Frames. Prices on trade channel are a mess. 

There's probably not a big influx of new players and the ones that do give the game a try end up quitting.  The game has been out so long that most of the people in trade chat have no use for prime sets.  They're fairly easy to get also so all someone that is looking has to do is type WTB.  Plenty of platinum hungry people that are gonna sell cheap just to get any platinum at all.

I didn't read all the discusion, but that's my opinion:

Prime price is getting lower with the continuous unvaulting of warframe and the more easy way a people could get a relic (lua conduit mission give you 8 axi in 20 minute, before that mode you need more than 20 minute to have a possibility to get 1 axi). Of course there are some exception, and there are still some ultr-rare things that you can easy-sell for 250 / 300 plat.

Other you have to consider that on the market there are now houndred of different things you could sell/buy, so the focus is more on the new interesting thing instead of old ones. follow a little bit the trade chat, and you'll discover what people are now looing for. If you check that on the market, probably they have big price.

Sry for bad english!   

2 hours ago, Trooopsie said:

Do understand that when everyone has almost everything in the game, prices will drop hella low. Primed Chamber is one example. It was worth 700+ when it was re-added to the game. Hours later, prices went down by a lot. For your Mag issue, Mag isn't a good frame atm. There isn't much use for her anymore due to the power creep of other much better Frames. Prices on trade channel are a mess. 

I was willing to pay 300p to avoid the ducat farm but no one would sell at that price.  Everyone was greedy wanting 500p+.  

So I used my over abundance of radiant lith relics and farmed me one in less than an hour of lith radiant capture runs.  There was plenty of people willing to run x4 radiant speed runs.  I actually could have bought multiple copies but I'd rather have ducats for future.  

No one got my plat and I imagine primed charge price will plumet further down to the 25-50p range next year as more people own it and the mod itself is outclassed by rivens and useful on only one weapon.  It was always an overpriced mod.  I hope the greedy jerks lose big on this one (and there were plenty last weekend).  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

I was willing to pay 300p to avoid the ducat farm but no one would sell at that price.  Everyone was greedy wanting 500p+.  

So I used my over abundance of radiant lith relics and farmed me one in less than an hour of lith radiant capture runs.  There was plenty of people willing to run x4 radiant speed runs.  I actually could have bought multiple copies but I'd rather have ducats for future.  

No one got my plat and I imagine primed charge price will plumet further down to the 25-50p range next year as more people own it and the mod itself is outclassed by rivens and useful on only one weapon.  It was always an overpriced mod.  I hope the greedy jerks lose big on this one (and there were plenty last weekend).  

Wait....you managed to farm 3k ducats in a hour and didn't instantly buy that mod and flip it for 400p?   They may be greedy...but I challenge your intelligence/wisdom for leaving that kind of plat/hour on the table.    

Edited by Chappie1975

I'm guessing DE stats show many active players stockpiling plat and having even more plat tied up in thousands of relics. I played with a guy who said he had 10,000 !!

High ducat value items like primed chamber helps to release that wealth, bring prices down, make items more affordable for newer players and boost the game a bit. Having expensive plat value meta items nudges the game towards becoming a 'have lots of plat to win' which is dangerous in terms of sentiment towards DE so this price reduction and levelling is probably intentional.

Primed Chamber may be a mediocre mod but it's helping boost the game at the moment. A clever move by DE we might see more high ducat value items appearing or existing prices go up, especially now that fully loaded primed mods are becoming the new go-to for making plat.

Excuse me I have an appointment at Vodyanoi.. (spel)

The only prime frame at the moment that has any reliable pricing seems to be Ivara. From my experience on PC, people seem willing to pay 125-150 for Ivara very consistently (I think I've sold 4 or 5 sets recently at those rates). Now, they may be hoping to flip it for more plat, but...whatever, that's their problem once the plat changes hands. 

Every other set (except Loki) seems to go anywhere from 30 to 80 at any given time and sale. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

4 hours ago, Chappie1975 said:

Wait....you managed to farm 3k ducats in a hour and didn't instantly buy that mod and flip it for 400p?   They may be greedy...but I challenge your intelligence/wisdom for leaving that kind of plat/hour on the table.    

That's right, I didn't want to do it twice, I have time to play maybe an hour a day, I didn't want to do it again.  I also didn't start from 0 ducats, I had a stockpile of stuff.  I was willing to run an hour of lith captures, that's it.  

Ripping someone off for 500p is not on my priority list.  I don't even need the plat, I'm set from years of trading off and on.  

While I could have afforded it, I know the mod is not worth the price.  So I saved 500 and tested a slightly decent mod myself instead.  

Edited by Educated_Beast

4 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

sell warframe for 300plat  is....unbelivable greed action. I sell about 75 plat....you need psicological orientation.

The problem can be you.....greed.

Seems you never experienced ember prime, mag prime and rhino prime set that is over 500p at one time, prime junks sells 5 for 60-80p, regular prime sets that sells at least 100p. Heck, even Ember prime back that day was sold at around 1300p a set. Perhaps you're lucky enough not to have to grind for plats to buy those vaulted items at those prices like I and many others did back that day.

The point is, the value of items per plat (vaulted or not) has drop significantly, which IMHO makes it harder for F2P sellers to collect plats to buy items (for example cosmetics in the market or other stuff). Buyers can and will enforce price from 3rd party AH to get the item they want from trade chat, it's the time to buy since, IMHO, lower item value can be good for the economy; BUT if it is this low, I don't think it will be health for the economy.

About greed, I can say the same for the people who wants to get plats as fast as they can, undercutting prices left and right, getting sales regardless of value. Call it shrewd if you will, but I can say it's motivated by greed.

18 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

That isn't wfmarket's fault. Otherwise, why haven't rivens dropped to worthlessness? You can sell rivens and auction them there too.

Primed parts are worthless after unlocking them, and even their alternate use, ducats, still have a finite use to them. The only things really worth much are going to be maxed mods that take a lot of endo, or anything that's rarer, which are pretty much just rivens with good rolls, or anything new (see avionic prices initially).

Although even the "low" cost of primed parts is fine relative to how much items in the market cost, they are only "low" when you consider the cost of some rivens and are selling them specifically to buy rivens. Even other high cost items are still low when you consider the cost of rivens.

1) yes it is.

2) because unlike prime sets rivens are unique. If you want a +crit +multi +crit damage -zoom rubico riven, for example, it's not like you're gonna find multiple people selling identical copies. Odds of finding duplicate rolls are remote. 

3) getting plat in general isnt as easy as it used to be, at least by selling primes. This doesnt just affect the riven ecosystem. 

19 hours ago, LordNero86 said:

Sad to see the prices of primed frames and weapons are dropping lower and lower... a vaulted frame or good weapon used to have quite significant price.

For example:

Last night someone wtb mag prime set. I offered just 300p for it and he just ignored me. Then I checked wfmarket to see it has dropped to a measly 110-120p range. Quite disheartening tbh for me as I stockpiled quite a lot of vaulted relics, frames and weapons. Even still have some kubrow collars with me

Fyi I just came back from 1 year+ hiatus, was building my muscle memories and tried trading again just yesterday. It was quite a shock to me seeing the prices are that low now...

Idk, perhaps I'll stop trading for now as I still have a bank of 2000-ish plat. I do hope the price will get back up for vaulted items

I agree. I havent really been into selling for about a year and a half now. On PS4 I know for a fact that trade prices are so low. Even energize arcanes etc. Rivens. Mostly everything sold is requested and sold at a low price. 

I love selling sets for the lowest (5-15 sometimes even 20p) cheaper on WF market because the time it takes for someone to be like "WTB ember prime, 135p" is much, much longer then "WTB Ember prime 110p".

Time is money. And just like the person who paid me 350p for baza prime set in the first 90 mins of it's release, people will pay to save time themselves. 

The biggest reason I think is that new primes are added all the time, not everyone wants to MR chase and DE is actively unvaulting frames that are getting to high in price. Now unvaults are happening right next to each other and now last two months due to the vault getting something like 8 new bundles since I've been playing. 

Rhino, ember, aren't going back to 300p each AFIK. Nor do I think they should.

Edited by Fire2box

People are frugel and cheap.  Each platforms market is different.  And this is a free market so the buyer and seller have to haggle to determine a agreed price.

Most of the time the buyer is in a greater position of power as they can simple walk away and wait for the seller to get desperate.

I will never pay someone more then 150 plat max for anything.  And i have most everything ingame.

Plat holds a real momey value to me. So i won't use it in s frivolous manner.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

1 minute ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

After the Warframe market website went up, a lot of prices dropped hard.

It was definitely way easier to make platinum sales back then. 

Now someone's going to call me a greedy scammer for no good reason again. 

Just look at warframe market and use the lowest price as a starting standard.  Then haggle from their.

How badly do want to make sales?

19 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Meh, tbfh vaulted stuff should be worth nothing still.  The Vault system disrupted the market and created artificial scarcity.  Mag Prime existed before this

game was even on the first console to receive it, people should be handing her out free - not asking 300p.  From my point of view you should be rolling over drooling for the fact that somebody is willing to even pay 100 plat for a 7 year old Frame.  

Never agreed with DE on having vaults to begin with, their excuse was and always will be a poor one - so I'm not at all bothered by the artificial scarcity running its course.  Just my opinion but yeah, the fact these items were ever allowed to rise in price again is a symptom of a system/mechanic that shouldn't even exist, is predatory and based on FOMO, and effectively removes years old content from the game in a desperate bid to sell it again.  Vaults should be abolished in their totality.  

Prime Vault is there to keep the mission reward drop table from heavily diluted or flooded with relics. You don't want your Ivara Prime grind experience to be even worse because that 1 out of 5 chance to get that Axi relic jumps to 1 out of 25.

It's impossible for everyone to hand everything for free in a world where everyone wants profit.

54 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

After the Warframe market website went up, a lot of prices dropped hard.

It was definitely way easier to make platinum sales back then. 

Now someone's going to call me a greedy scammer for no good reason again. 

Like I said - once people start talking about prices and having information to hand, suddenly the sustainable value of something becomes a lot more clear. 

Can only speak for myself but the moment someone even tries to haggle i lose any interest in them and their product, if i ask for a price and you tell me "offer" i either wont even bother to respond to you or just tell you not interested. These days i have to deal with it a lot less as i generally wont engage unless someone has a price listed and i find that price to be within what i would pay for the item.