Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

You're nerfing Arcane Energize.  I no longer care about any of the other changes you've made.  This is a prime example of a "no fun allowed" nerf and you've already done so many of them in the last few months.  Nerf nerf nerf, over and over again.  Every player buff comes with nerfs.  Every update and hotfix comes with a nerf.  I'm so completely over it at this point. 

Instead of buffing the other arcanes and changing their effects to make them worth using over the top arcanes to provide some incentive for picking something else, you're just nerfing the top down so the trash on the bottom looks better like you always do.

I'm done.  I'm flat out over it.  You keep this kind of crap up and you're going to keep bleeding players.  I'm not leaving over an arcane.  I'm leaving over the mentality that fun needs to keep being nerfed.  Energy economy is a barrier to warframe abilities which are one of the only things that separates this from any other generic shooter.  You're going to screw over endgame energy economy and that's a direct nerf to ability use which is just another nerf to fun.

Go ahead and hit me with your toxic af laugh reacts because you enjoy another player being angry, because other player's lack of enjoyment is fun for you.  It speaks volumes about this community that I know they're coming.  I won't see them anyway.

You mean the buffed 60% that was 40% before?

Unless the cooldown is like a minute it won't be much worse.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Arcane Guardian
On Rank 5: On Damaged:
15% chance for +600 Armor for 30s

Oof, can’t double stack guardian anymore, but it also doesn’t get an armor buff?

everything else is great, but I was hoping all arcanes get a stat boost if we can no longer stack them.

Edited by Shadedraxe

These changes are a decent start. Next they gotta work on this stuff:

• Complete redesign of conclave.
  • Host migration issues that have plagued the game since the beginning.
  • Better dojo controls (i.e.: ability to swap rooms around instantly instead of having to destroy rooms to move em...unless I'm dumb and you can already do that)
  • More of a side thing, but fixing frame fighter issues would breathe a bit of life into it, cuz right now its really laggy and a single combo can easily win any match.
  • Fix a lot of what makes kuva liches bad. They have a decent foundation, but the fact that I can kill a lich in around an hour if I focus on it is horrible for a system thats supposed to be "your personal enemy".
  • Redesign the Sergeant. Right now hes just a giant crewman, which is....kinda bland for a boss imo.
  • As it stands right now, relays are useless outside of Baro and Simaris

Not going into additions I think could be added to the game cuz this is a thread about changes and fixes (and that would make this list really long XD).

Sounds good but please for the love of Ordis do NOT turn double Impact Procs into an AOE Knockdown.

That would turn nearly every weapon with IPS and decent status and/or firerate into a Knockdowncannon and that is a S#&$show because it can not be avoided like with Blast which you have to specifically mod for if you want that effect. Just make it an AOE stagger but NO Knockdown.

Edited by Zharun

I'm loving the direction you're moving in! Not worried about the numbers because they are easy to tweak, but I really feel like you guys are taking this game and really trying to make it the best and most enjoyable game it can be. 

I have only read notes so far so it's based on that alone and I'll try to focus more on the concepts than the specifics.

My feedback:

I would prefer shields to have less resistance and faster recharge personally. I think the 1 second delay makes sense, but I'd remove the % resist and replace it with very fast recharge.

With arcanes, I would pick either reliability or strength. I love the changes to the damage effect arcanes, but I'd rather arcane avenger was a lower chance for a longer duration, kinda like smeeta's buff. I much prefer knowing I'll have big crits for the next little while, or a bit stronger crits constantly to having some big crits kinda randomly.

Thank you for killing self damage. I think chromas can adapt lol.

Love the titania changes, but now I'm wondering if you'll change grendel's 2 to follow her's.

I think critical has been in the spotlight for a while because gives lots of one-shot potential which is super satisfying. I would suggest making the duplicate status effects have really high AOE to combat the difference in single target lethality. I think it would be sick to have a miniature volt 4 after procing a bunch of electric damage on a target or a pox cloud from lots of gas procs.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Kylo.:

You mean the buffed 60% that was 40% before?

Unless the cooldown is like a minute it won't be much worse.

They probably will have the cooldown at like 30 or 60 seconds. It's also probable that it wont go through toggledrain abilies like oberons third. That would kill the arcane completely aswell as the fun i have in the game

• Like 1

Just now, BokuNoNico said:

They probably will have the cooldown at like 30 or 60 seconds. It's also probable that it wont go through toggledrain abilies like oberons third. That would kill the arcane completely aswell as the fun i have in the game

That is a lot of assumptions you are making there.

Rip to the 11 Formas invested into Mirage Prime and Chroma Prime with this self damage change. Self damage is the only way to fully utilize either frame for eidolons, and keeps people humble when using explosive weapons. The arcane update is really ridiculous since now (with the price of the rarer arcanes being stupid high already) will take months more to farm out or a arm and a legs worth of plat to buy. Really disappointed with both of these changes, rest looks to be promising though.

54 minutes ago, AegisAmaranth said:

With Nyx being one of my favourites, this sure is a welcome change.

Too many times have I been 1-hit, by aim gliding over a grenade, I wasn't aware of.
Even when being at the outskirts of said blast radius.
Or getting... ...rear-sniped (by a kraken)..., while moving like a cat.

With chaos on, the playing field becomes an entire grenade-fest, among the affected targets.
So I am anxiously looking forward to the update.
Nyx smiles upon you thankfully, as do I.

Stay amazing, you beautiful people. :heart:

they are killing nyx with that arcane energize nerf lol

• Like 1

i'm finding arcane liquid funnier than i should be finding it. 

Also I noticed some stuff about making aoe weapons have a damage fall off from their aoe, this sounds fine and good but please make the Lenz have the same damage in it's aoe. It looks unique and the way it looks implies that it's the same damage throughout the aoe.

Infested Damage:

Spoiler

We did not want to overlook the Infested in our review. Infested are close-range enemies that telegraph most attacks - and now if one of those attacks hits you, it simply does more damage. Stay agile, stay moving, and the mission is as good as won!

Why: Having Infested simply deal more Damage encourages you to use mobility in ways that is not the norm for their ranged counterparts. Rewarding mobility is a key part of Warframe.

One problem here. The Infested are notorious for being able to drain energy very easily (even through walls and floors) as well as having several enemy types that can knock you down (sometimes two or even three times in a row with no chance for recovery). Increasing the damage without taking these things into account or adjusting them seems like an invitation to disaster in my opinion.

Also, don't forget telegraphed attacks only matter if you can actually see them. Warframe is a very chaotic game.

Self Damage Changes:

Spoiler

We are getting rid of Self Damage and replacing it with something else: instead of Self Damage, it’s now ‘Stagger’. This change completely removes the chance of killing yourself, and instead now creates scenarios where you will interrupt yourself - or ‘Stagger’ - to varying degrees if you aren’t careful. 
The degrees of Self-Interrupt start with a small stumble all the way to full knockdown depending on how close you are to the center of explosion. Any Mods referring to Self Damage will be converted to acknowledge Stagger.

I don't fully agree with this one. Nothing wrong with the new stagger mechanic but I think you should still be able to damage yourself, maybe just not kill yourself outright. Zero self damage should be something that is up to player skill.

Also, consider expanding the recovery mechanic to allow players to manually recover from all types of knock downs. Knock down recovery mods could be changed to ensure recovery would happen automatically.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

You're nerfing Arcane Energize.  I no longer care about any of the other changes you've made.  This is a prime example of a "no fun allowed" nerf and you've already done so many of them in the last few months.  Nerf nerf nerf, over and over again.  Every player buff comes with nerfs.  Every update and hotfix comes with a nerf.  I'm so completely over it at this point. 

Instead of buffing the other arcanes and changing their effects to make them worth using over the top arcanes to provide some incentive for picking something else, you're just nerfing the top down so the trash on the bottom looks better like you always do.

I'm done.  I'm flat out over it.  You keep this kind of crap up and you're going to keep bleeding players.  I'm not leaving over an arcane.  I'm leaving over the mentality that fun needs to keep being nerfed.  Energy economy is a barrier to warframe abilities which are one of the only things that separates this from any other generic shooter.  You're going to screw over endgame energy economy and that's a direct nerf to ability use which is just another nerf to fun.

Go ahead and hit me with your toxic af laugh reacts because you enjoy another player being angry, because other player's lack of enjoyment is fun for you.  It speaks volumes about this community that I know they're coming.  I won't see them anyway.

they just killed my nyx with that arcane energize nerf. :c

• Like 3

Arcane Guardian

Current Guardian at Rank 3 on Damage is.

20% Chance for 600 Armor for 20 seconds.

So not only can you not stack Guardian, you get less chance, same armor but with a 50% longer duration, however you also now need to level it up to Rank 5 instead of Rank 3.
Are these values intended or a typo?

Cause unless the intended behaviour is to nerf Arcane Guardian or it is a typo i don't get it. Arcane Guardian was a Arcane that greatly benefited most frames with very little armor shortening the huge gap between tanky and squishy frames. Right now it looks more like you are widening the gap between them.

Arcane Precision
On Rank 5: On Headshot:
10% Chance for 300% Ammo Efficiency for 18s
Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

please tell this is a typo ..currently rank 3 : 80% chance for 120% dmg to pistols for 8s 

Arcane Guardian

why nerf it from 20% to 15% ? adding +10sec doesn't help it in any way ... arcane guardian is a "must have" on many squishy frames 

• Like 1

so we now need 11 arcanes more (21 total) to get the old stats for the current meta arcanes but you will reduce the grind for it? (in some details we dont even get the old stats and im not talking about dual use ... like guardian down to 15% (r5) from 20%(r3) )

and arcane revives start at r3 ?

i dont get it why we need 2 ranks more, why not just scale the new stats onto the r3 we already have ... 2 ranks more, double the arcanes needed is just a scam and a forced grind

you better scale the current r3 arcanes up to r5 for the ppl that already got em, everything else is just a reason to make us play your new operation...how bad will it be that you need to do such tactics?

• Like 2

We are getting rid of Self Damage and replacing it with something else: instead of Self Damage, it’s now ‘Stagger’.

Are we wrapping warframe in bubble wrap now? What happened to the need of skill that was mentioned with every other change, if you wish to use strong self damage weapons then bring skill (and a little luck). Why ruin it for everyone else just because a few cant handle it? I love going down from my kulstar due to me being a dumb ass, it encourages me to be a better player.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

14) Arcane Changes

Can we set the "max" of r5 with a 2+2+2+2+2 arcane fusion, so we need 10 for a r5.

the prices and the time investment in arcanes are already very high, i know there would be people using double stacking who don't need another pair, but they can still sell there doubles. this would also mean these very high prices would drop a bit? 

• Like 4

Just a quick reply to the first post requesting removal of Friendship doors.   Please don't.  I'm not that speedy pete that destroyed 3/4 of the map in the first 30 seconds.  Forcing a 10 second wait to let me catch up and actually get to play too is a good thing.

Ur literally nerfing arcanes. e.g. aegis and guardian 

STOP lying to us about changes. U R Rerfing Arcanes, not changes. I don't see u getting rid of p2w rivens am I correct? inb4 DE nerf arcanes so they can start selling warframe p2w rivens.

if u want us to use more diverse build STOP putting enemies that can kill a warframe that has 1k+ armor and adaptation within 1 sec and put more time into ur quality control. holy #

e.g. that enemies with grakata in RJ crewship

• Like 2