The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh boy. I cant wait for the arcane changes.

(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

2 hours ago, Oreades said:

Seems like the bulk of what I'm seeing are people salty that Arcanes will probably be made more accessable (depending on how super grindy DE makes it) and trying to defend the timegate on Eidolons as if having to wait 2.5hrs to drop everything you're doing and go play one game mode for 50min is somehow a measure of skill..... 

Accessibility on Arcanes is not a bad thing, i wouldnt mind if the.market was brought down a.peg or two but people are pissed about the removal.of stacking and the upranking

1 hour ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Remember, I'm sure they don't want to make eidolons irrelevant either. So the grind will probably be comparable if not ALOT worse. 

Equivalency isn't a bad thing in terms of time.  I look at arcanes like focus.   It is a long term thing and not a "need now thing".

For a 5% drop (Grace/barrier) to earn ~21 would require 434x3 captures for a 50/50 shot of doing it.  As you can see it is no small feat...but arcanes are just "gravy" for all intents and purposes.

• 1 cap per night = 362 hours of game play
  • 3 cap per night = 121 hour of game play
  • 5 cap per night = 72 hours of game play

Here is a small table indicating the "current state" of affairs for eidolons when we move to 21  for R5

u1BvN57.png

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

How is increasing max lvls from 3 to 5 with increased effects a Nerf?

Arcane Energize por example at lvl 3 has 40% chance to restore additional 100 energy to you and your teammates, with the changes its going up to 60% 150 Energy at rank 5. Where is the nerf?

Before you could stack them.and.both had a chance to proc seperatly so if lucky you could get twice the energy per orb and pkcking up multiple (vaccum for jnstance) with only one you could grigger it multiple times in a quick succession but now the rank 5 will have a cool down that not only reduces the chances of activatin overall but will also.prevent multiple orb picking at once. Well multiple orbs procs chance in a.short delay that is.

7 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

Equivalency isn't a bad thing in terms of time.  I look at arcanes like focus.   It is a long term thing and not a "need now thing".

For a 5% drop (Grace/barrier) to earn ~21 would require 434x3 captures for a 50/50 shot of doing it.  As you can see it is no small feat...but arcanes are just "gravy" for all intents and purposes.

• 1 cap per night = 362 hours of game play
  • 3 cap per night = 121 hour of game play
  • 5 cap per night = 72 hours of game play

Here is a small table indicating the "current state" of affairs for eidolons when we move to 21  for R5

u1BvN57.png

Do you know why i hate maths?

Not because i m bad at it in fact i am good at it.

No i hate math because everytime i use them or anyone else uses them i realise every single time how dissapointed i am by the results lol.

That table up there slapped me in the face letting me know how much time i "wasted" getting Graces lol

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I dont know, does it? I'm no mindreader so I dont know what you tried to imply.

I thought that was obvious. I implied that when it comes to health and health regen from Grace, you

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

only see big numbers and dont actually put an actual relation to it how it works in the game

26 minutes ago, Bacl said:

Accessibility on Arcanes is not a bad thing, i wouldnt mind if the.market was brought down a.peg or two but people are pissed about the removal.of stacking and the upranking

It's already been brought down. But not by a peg, nor ten pegs. It's been sank onto the ocean's floor :crylaugh:.

Energize costs about 80 platinum and I remind you that it used to cost 400! :wink:

14 minutes ago, Bacl said:

That table up there slapped me in the face letting me know how much time i "wasted" getting Graces lol

I am happy to say i managed to get 20 of each arcane doing trials. Still a lot of wasted time but everything was weighted evenly back then.

Edited by Skaleek

9 minutes ago, Bacl said:

Do you know why i hate maths?

Not because i m bad at it in fact i am good at it.

No i hate math because everytime i use them or anyone else uses them i realise every single time how dissapointed i am by the results lol.

It is this math though that sets me free.    For example...when I realized how good eid-lense + naramon + affinity booster was during the banshee whip focus days....how could you not spend the plat/time.   This is the truth people need to understand about this game...you either pay with $ or pay with time.   It is rare in this game for this paradigm to not be true.    That is the very reason when new resources are added I automatically buy booth resource boosters.   It is why I level only with an affinity booster active and credits on the same logic.  

This math also tells me when not to use my time for the activity.  It is the reason why the first time I got a dupe lich I stopped until they "fixed" the system.  I knew the math sucked and I knew that DE knew it sucked and I figured they would fix it somehow or it would become a dead-island quickly.   This is also the reason why I halted my play on RJ and just bought the weapons...the method/madness for parts farming wasn't "fun".  Is it better now...absolutely.   Still annoying..well yeah..but that is why I value the people who have more time than $ that help people like me with more $ than time.  

7 minutes ago, Kuez said:

It's already been brought down. But not by a peg, nor ten pegs. It's been sank onto the ocean's floor :crylaugh:.

Energize costs about 80 platinum and I remind you that it used to cost 400! :wink:

Well we have Nightwaves to thank for that with energize in the reward table for the main event and intermission but Grace for instance is still going strong even after Nightwave season 2.

Tbh Arcanes should have been in the endless missions like defense survivals and excavation but i got on the forum pyte to event propose it so yeah...

19 hours ago, Bacl said:

HOw can the rank 3 keep the same stats when the new rank 5 is weaker than what we have now? Just Aegis and Guardian are shadows of themselves if the numbers are correct.

Also i dont like my mods, Arcanes, item levels or even my account ranking to be brought back or down for some arbitrary reason because they decided to push back the max level higher than it currently is and i have to regrind them to get more or less on the same level i was before.

Lets imagine you get into the game one day and you have this:

Your Primed Pressure Point rank 10 is +165% melee damage. 

You invested 1mil credits and 50k endo (yes those results are the fruit of my mental masturbation so completely inaccurate but not unrealistic) 

The next day. Random DE patch and change:

Your Primed Pressure point is now rank 5 and you have to upgrade it once again but this time it only gives + 150% damage and you need to invest all the necessary 40K endo plus the 750k credits to rank 10 again.

Yes the previous scenario looks very stupid but on the other hand its exactly what we are getting with the Arcane up ranking.

If you are ok with this then i guess they can pass you anything and you will accept it

This. 

Guardian getting slightly nerfed is one thing. I dont like it but okay fine. It won't be the first nerf and it wont be the last. It's the "go grind it again" that pisses me off. If guardian is gonna be an outlier that isnt going to be buffed at rank five then the least they could do is bump your rank 3 to rank five because what they're doing seems like a big screw you.

I'm also concerned about energize possibly getting dumpstered but that's  too vague to call,  yet. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

As another user pointed out (toni robino or something) they could have just removed the ability to equip two of the same arcane and changed the stats for rank 3. 

Any buffs or nerfs that they wanted to happen could still happen. 

scarlet spear event will have every eidolon arcane available problem solved.

I disagree, because it would create an over-saturation of the (currently) stack-able Arcanes. I like the way DE is doing it right now.

Also, how many threads on Arcanes changes are you going to make? I feel like they could all just be merged together into a single comment in the Dev Workshop.

Edited by Voltage

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

scarlet spear event will have every eidolon arcane available problem solved.

But as it's an event, it won't likely be around permanently, so what now, after the event passes?

Or will it be just another infested boil event that comes around periodically?

I haven't confirmed myself (I only read the overview of the stream), but i've been hearing DE said 10 copies of an arcane won't even get you to R3 of an arcane anymore. 

If that's true, then that's the only part i'd be pissed about. If not, i'm not worried since i never double stack arcanes anyway and i'm not worried about hurting the feelings of power creep min-maxers.

4 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

I got one, this means that DE doesn't have to make up a new reward for the new Operation.

Scarlet Spear already has brand new Arcanes and a new Sentient weapon. Operations barely add new gear. Plague Star, Ambulas Reborn, and Buried Debts are the only Operations in half a decade (or more) to add more than just an event weapon (or two in the case of Operation: Hostile Mergers).

Edited by Voltage

DE made the silly mistake of compensating for the loss of double stacking by allowing people to rank their arcanes higher, with higher stats, using arcanes they will now have in excess if they previously farmed to double stack, for all except 3 arcanes, and opened themselves to accusations of being exploitative. People have a tendency to focus on the negative and cherry pick their arguments, so a change that is mostly buffs has become "DE has nerfed arcanes and is exploiting us".

Edited by schilds

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Or that this topic has a more positive title.

:facepalm: Nice tinfoil hat you have there.

Newer topics get merged into older topics.

With railjack I saw a positive topic on managing cooperation in a Railjack squad get merged into a negative topic on playing solo. The positive conversation was killed stone dead.

The title for this topic is intended sarcastically, in any case.

Edited by schilds