Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kick Other Players

Tenno_no_Kami

3 минуты назад, ChozoT-IV сказал:

Is there a date when they will patch it?

No date, not even planned as far as I know. There are reasons why this feature wasnt added.

Use recruit chat, clanmates, friends if you want to do high risk stuff.

Edited by PurrrningBoop
  • Like 13

Hopefully never.

Far too much elitism in this community for it to not get abused as well as the overwhelming majority of missions taking less than five minutes anyways. If you want to control the quality of your matches then use one of the several methods for doing exactly that are at your disposal.

• Like 15

Hopefully never, it would be abused for many different reasons.

I would be on that side also. Every speed Volt I would want to kick since I already abort every mission that has a player with this build.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Yeah people have suggested this many times, like everyone here said it would be abused

I always find that thought amusing because any game with a kick feature will ban you for successively longer times if you kick people for no reason. Only way it wouldn't be a good addition is if DE couldnt support it properly which would probably be what happens.

Any game with a kick feature I have played people dont get kicked often.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

Any game with a kick feature I have played people dont get kicked often.

The problem isn't getting kicked often, the problem is getting kicked for reasons that have nothing to do with gameplay. I've seen people kicked for their nationality, their choise of ingame race, their choise of cosmetics, having a mount from cash shop, name, realm / region, forum posts etc. I would 100% kick OP and everyone else that asks for kick feature if it was implemented because it is a stupid solution for something that already has much better solutions ingame (recruit chat, clan, friends and solo play).

• Like 10

7 hours ago, ChozoT-IV said:

this sucks

not as much as seeing these threads reappearing does.

Recruit Chat , Invite, Friends, clan or Solo. you have tons of options that aren't a roll of the dice, which is what public games are. you must accept that not all squads are gonna go your way, and a kick system isn't coming because they just end up causing as much abuse as they solve.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

The problem isn't getting kicked often, the problem is getting kicked for reasons that have nothing to do with gameplay. I've seen people kicked for their nationality, their choise of ingame race, their choise of cosmetics, having a mount from cash shop, name, realm / region, forum posts etc

yes and i already covered that, some games even have it in their ToS if you abuse their features you go bye bye. people like that tend to be repeat offenders and it is extremely easy for developers to find them.

6 hours ago, Talinthis said:

yes and i already covered that, some games even have it in their ToS if you abuse their features you go bye bye. people like that tend to be repeat offenders and it is extremely easy for developers to find them.

I know it is not allowed to kick for random reasons and people still do it and I have never heard of anyone getting banned for kicking a player from a group. So I highly doubt the rule is really enforced at all. And there is a really easy way around that anyway; write an acceptabele reason in the box, most people will click yes blindly and not care if the person actually is causing problems in the group or not.

• Like 3

If they'd implement it like WoW did there would be no issues since people would have big limitations on how many votes they can ininitate and how often they can do it. And I think in Wow it was also so that if you initiated a vote against someone and the others voted no you wouldnt be able to initiate a vote against that player again for the rest of the day or longer. Just as if someone had a vote initiated against them and the outcome was no, that player couldnt have a vote initiated against them again under that run.

• Like 1

As much as I would love for a kick function to keep AFK players off my game, it will certainly, surely, unequivocally, definitely, unquestionably, positively, undoubtedly, undeniably, absolutely be abused to hell and back.

• Like 3

On 2020-05-23 at 11:26 AM, trst said:

Hopefully never.

Far too much elitism in this community 

This is hardly unique to Warframe, there will be elitism (or any other traits as such) when humans are involved.

OP If you want an example of a game that can have this, in the form of a mod, try Payday 2 (or look up vote kicking in it). 

In Payday 2 by default you can vote kick any player (besides host, IIRC); and with a mod (those are allowed, for the most part), you can force kick them without a vote. 

The complaints shifted from "why can't we vote kick" to "why am I being vote kicked". With the exact same solutions, as seen here in this post.

On 2020-05-23 at 11:24 AM, PurrrningBoop said:

No date, not even planned as far as I know. There are reasons why this feature wasnt added.

Use recruit chat, clanmates, friends if you want to do high risk stuff.

So in the end, no. You cannot have vote kick.

7 minutes ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

absolutely be abused to hell and back.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

As much as I would love for a kick function to keep AFK players off my game, it will certainly, surely, unequivocally, definitely, unquestionably, positively, undoubtedly, undeniably, absolutely be abused to hell and back.

Yep, reminds me of one time in FF14, I was leveling a healer through dungeon grinding and ran into a tank who pulled wall-to-wall in the dungeon, in FF14 this isn't uncommon, but unlike most other tanks who did that this one was playing like an idiot, not using any of the abilities that a tank had to compensate for the massive incoming damage, they would die before I could get a heal off half the time.

I outright tell them after 4 party wipes "Hey take it slower, I can't heal that much damage that quickly" before having insults slung at me and being kicked out of the party.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Yep, reminds me of one time in FF14, I was leveling a healer through dungeon grinding and ran into a tank who pulled wall-to-wall in the dungeon, in FF14 this isn't uncommon, but unlike most other tanks who did that this one was playing like an idiot, not using any of the abilities that a tank had to compensate for the massive incoming damage, they would die before I could get a heal off half the time.

I outright tell them after 4 party wipes "Hey take it slower, I can't heal that much damage that quickly" before having insults slung at me and being kicked out of the party.

As an Astrologian main yeah, I know the feeling. My fave was the time I was leveling my DRK in Sohm AL and a BRD kept pulling ahead of me as I was still learning the ropes of the job. When I asked them to stop their friend who was the healer stopped healing me and then they kicked me after I got back to the group from a corpse run. Got my revenge tho when said BRD ended up in one of my ES3 runs. Rescue is a wonderful tool. 😇

On 2020-05-23 at 8:20 AM, ChozoT-IV said:

Is there a date when they will patch it? I have so often afk players or just troll player... there is no fun.. 

and i dont want to leave a high risk Index run gecause someone is troling or afk.... 

this sucks

Afking can be kinda of a bummer but, for me personally, there may be other reasons for AFKing (although some dont make it any less messed up). One of the more interesting "AFKing" I've noticed is people who start off helping but then someone else joins the team with the correct mods and demolishes all the enemies single handedly. The other user gets tired of trying to keep up...and they park it in a corner and "afk". In this case, can't say I blame them. If you're AFKer is a Limbo or Frost, I've noticed "afking" is kind of expected. They tend to come in with the main focus of preventing the "enemy" team from scoring. Besides there is an AFK timer in game in which a person stops receiving benefits of the activity (dunno if it works for index though) so they'll essentially lose out by AFking.

Nevertheless, I dont necessarily disagree with a vote to kick, but I do think the game (as others have mentioned) have so many options available already such as going with friends, using recruitment chat, or even just running the thing solo :)

• Like 1

i see, i cant agree with you i want a vote system for an afk person! afk means he didnt move for some min, make it automatikly. of give ppl a punishment for abusing this function. you will ever have bad persons, btu i dont accept to abort my mission cause some one is afk.... this is not fair

IME, vote kicking mechanisms serve no players other than the the elitist try-hards, I have no desire to see on implemented here.

If a more complex, 'karma oriented' vote-kick mechanism were created as someone suggested, as much as it sounds nice, IMO, it would still just be abused by the people good at skirting the system once learned, but I could be wrong.

With as many things as everyone involved desires to be added to the product, DE and players alike, spending time on a vote-kick system is not, IMO, a good place to do so, nor will it provide positive ROI, IME.

If players think so much of their time that a 'leeches' are 'abusing' them, that player has the tools available to avoid playing with people they do not prefer.

I would prefer a true ignore system, where if ignored a person is never placed in the same group again, personally, that would actually get me to group more.

More options for personal responsibility, not angry-mob-rule.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChozoT-IV said:

i see, i cant agree with you i want a vote system for an afk person! afk means he didnt move for some min, make it automatikly. of give ppl a punishment for abusing this function. you will ever have bad persons, btu i dont accept to abort my mission cause some one is afk.... this is not fair

Dude just don’t play with randoms use it recruiting chat other wise you basically signing a waiver and accepting the possibility of an afk or troll to be in your squad