Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Feedback Megathread!

SilverBones

So, here's my hot take as a chronologically new player - 

Steel essences need to have their drop rate listed. I cleared the entirety of earth and got no drops. It's got to be worse than Arbi drones. 
Stance forma is... interesting? It would be nice to have pre-built forma or something else, but I'd rather spend my essences on the operator stuff. 
Add armor to the corpus. As it stands a decent toxin or slash proc does them in and it's no different than a 40 ish mission
I would prefer to have a credit booster over resource drop chance. 
Spawn rate seems to have been increased, or just enemy count. Is that scaled based on party size? (solo player here, minimap was solid red at points)

There's probably more but I haven't thought of them yet. 

1 minute ago, Arifault said:

So, here's my hot take as a chronologically new player - 

Steel essences need to have their drop rate listed. I cleared the entirety of earth and got no drops. It's got to be worse than Arbi drones. 
Stance forma is... interesting? It would be nice to have pre-built forma or something else, but I'd rather spend my essences on the operator stuff. 
Add armor to the corpus. As it stands a decent toxin or slash proc does them in and it's no different than a 40 ish mission
I would prefer to have a credit booster over resource drop chance. 

There's probably more but I haven't thought of them yet. 

Wait, slash isn't supposed to bypass shields, you sure that's right? Toxin does bypass shields though, so that makes sense at least. And the Junctions don't give Steel Essence? Huh...well it is day 1, bound to be bugs with the drop rate I guess.

I like to preface by saying I am by no means an expert player on the order of Rebecca, but I can hold my own and I have been playing since 2013. I also like to say I have only played the first two nodes on Earth. In my opinion I found the play to be tedious and incredibly time consuming and for some Time is more important than other things. The only thing that made it even minutely interesting was the chance of the new armor but then I learned, I must have missed this point, that the currency needed to buy the armor or the other meh rewards is randomly dropped from randomly spawning Eximus. So these are my suggestions, first rewards have got to match the time put in, maybe Arcanes would be a good suggestion and second, steel essence can't be a random drop since eximus already randomly spawn. These are my suggestions, because as things stand right now I won't be walking down that path:)

12 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

Wait, slash isn't supposed to bypass shields, you sure that's right? Toxin does bypass shields though, so that makes sense at least. And the Junctions don't give Steel Essence? Huh...well it is day 1, bound to be bugs with the drop rate I guess.

I could be wrong, but could almost swear that I was seeing that. (Granted I was using a slash/tox build and am a colossal dumbass, so....)
EDIT: It was tox and I'm dumb

And yeah, I've completed the Venus and Mars junctions and no SE from that. Only have two from finishing earth. 

12 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

1818622534_image(22).png.97b26c6bd1dbdd9

Greetings Tenno!

As you may have seen, we have recently released The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0! The Steel Path takes you on a much more challenging trip through the Origin System, with enemies on all nodes gaining +100 Levels - with new emotes, decorations, and rewards to earn.

This thread is for you to give your feedback about the Steel Path, so if you have thoughts that you wish to share, please do so here. If you see something you like, make sure to let us know! If you see something you don’t like, then please tell us why, and what you would like to see to make it better!

Please keep your feedback constructive, civil, and concise!

Thanks, and see you out there, Tenno!

Would be tyte if you removed the non steel path debate. 

I tried the first mission and its fine so far lol. 

After skimming, and reading some bits...

When I started the steel path I walked through the dojo like I did back when I first started, feeling like the relay deserves my patience and time, I walked to teshin, spoke with him, and left without looking at the rewards, I simply thought "I'm here for the mastery anyway" I stopped at the bottom of the stairs and thought... "Well... I should look at least."

Walked back up and said to teshin, "was there anything else you wanted to tell me before I go?" Browsed the rewards and concluded I am only here for the mastery... Walked down the stairs again, and left the relay.

It was nice seeing teshin, since we don't see each other often anymore, and as I let the Spector to the mars junction tickle me I thought, "well, I guess once I get to hydron I'll never take time to level new stuff again, so that's nice."

And then bulldozed my way through Jupiter before stopping and thinking, "I hear Destiny 2 compared to Warframe all the time, and it's free... Wonder if it's good."

Exited Warframe, started installing Destiny...

Honestly for steel path... And I think for my personal journey in Warframe... I don't feel like I want to do anything until inaros prime gets here, then I'm going to make him my first umbral frame, and after that... Keep up with baro and primes and the daily login, but it's just not holding me like it used to now that I'm on the bleeding edge of everything, there is nothing in front of me, I am a God tier killing machine without purpose, awaiting my next war.

Feedback for steel path? Uhhh... It's alright, it's easier than I expected, but I'm excited to run into sentients after I get to hydron and decide to clear lua. Other wise, from what I've skimmed I do like the idea of umbra forma being obtusely expensive, looks like most of the starting planets drop nothing at all, so maybe like 50 teshin bucks per umbra? I mean, I see some people certainly think it'll never happen, but if they decide to make it just the most painfully difficult thing to grind for after Harrow and khora then people will probably still go for it and it'll be worth it to them.

Yeah, other than that, maybe some other cosmetics, color pallette, big flaccid statue, don't know, don't actually care, I'm here for the mastery to the point where I just can't, addiction man.

Teshin's shop needs more items in it to motivate people to play Steel Path more. The selection is so far like Little Duck's exotic goods - you buy the cosmetic and then forget about it.

My suggestion is to add all non standard Formas, Orokin Catalyst and Reactor, and Conclave cosmetics in there as well.

My thoughts: The mission rewards could be better. I don't need resources except those stupid mutagen samples, and most mods are just Endo for me at this point. So neither boost is really adequate considering how scaled up the enemies are. Steel essence drop rate seems really low considering what it buys.. some cosmetics and maybe stance forma? I didn't know that even existed (missed Scarlet Spear due to burnout) and haven't built a weapon yet that I think would be worth grinding one out for.

Yes, I do think Umbra Forma Blueprint should be purchasable from Teshin, for like 40 or 50 steel essence, given how low the drop rate is, more if they buff that. For build costs, it could cost something like: 10 forma, 5 steel essence, 2 radiant Eidolon shards, and 5 argon crystals, along with 250,000 credits. I think that both potentially satisfies people who want to get more of them than once per Nightwave season, while making sure that the players who can craft them have more than earned it, and gives more of an incentive to play the steel path more than just once and only once, if a weak one. For most players getting one BP and crafting it with the suggested costs would take several weeks at best.

I haven't got there just yet, but if the relic rewards from endless missions in Steel Path mode are not radiant I will be disappointed, because at that point there's no incentive to deal with the augmented enemies aside from completing the Steel Path, or boredom.

6 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

Stance Forma has Zero right to exist. It is literally worthless. Remove it from the game.

I couldn't agree more. I almost choked laughing when I saw it was posted as a "reward". There are so few stances between certain weapon types, alongside the fact that there is generally only one stance that fits your play-style, the Stance Forma is almost never worth using. It wasn't a good reward during Scarlet Spear, it's not a good reward now.

I think the Steel Path is a good step forward for Warframe. But it is exactly that - a *step* in the right direction, it's not all the way there, as you can see by all the feedback in this thread. Please don't let all of the harsh criticism that the steel path is receiving bring you down or demotivate you from continuing to work on this. I'm glad you guys are improving the difficulty of the game and I hope you continue to improve upon it.

Is DE making enough money to spend more time working on and improving the Steel Path? If you consider all of the other things that DE is working on: the new player experience, Duviri Paradox, Corpus Railjack enemies/missions, etc.... I worry that the Steel Path won't get touched upon much after a few hotfixes and tweaks in the coming weeks.

Bottom line: If DE introduced the steel path and put a $20 price tag on it, I would have gladly paid $20 to gain access to it (and my gf would have too). Heck, I would have paid to get early access to the test server if that was an option. My concern is that you guys aren't making enough revenue to afford the staff or hours necessary to continue working on things like this. Because often times it seems like projects for Warframe get delayed or get plopped into the game and are left alone and untouched for too long. I know there are many things you guys want to add to the game, and DE is incredibly generous with their time by making the game very accessible to free players, but all of that comes at a cost. I know you make a lot of money on things like Prime Access, and in general, if I want to support you, I can buy the prime access - but how do I know that if I spend money on Prime Access that you will spend it towards something like the Steel Path? By charging for the Steel Path, it would give people like me a very clear avenue to send you money to specifically support this particular area of Warframe.

The mission rewards are really low. There doesn't seem to be a point to continue the steel path once I get the cosmetics from Teshin and complete the star chart.

The innate booster is nice and all but if I can kill over twice as many twice as fast in normal mode, it doesn't help me much.

Can the health of excavators finally be raised now? Level 1 excavators in a level 100+ area is no fun.

Its the same as the base game, Simulacrum mode applied to the starchart. Not even unlikable nodes that no one plays have been removed. 
Really, I say steel path should have been a single ascending path of nodes, each handful crowned with a boss encounter, but Orokin redesigned and enhanced. The entire affair ending with a single node within the Tao system, containing high level Sentient enemies. A sort of teaser and celebration of Warframe's history and future. This seems like a quick fire and forget idea that was thrown to the hungry pigs to keep them coming to the trough. What is all the game's current manpower being focused on? 

13 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

1818622534_image(22).png.97b26c6bd1dbdd9

Greetings Tenno!

As you may have seen, we have recently released The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0! The Steel Path takes you on a much more challenging trip through the Origin System, with enemies on all nodes gaining +100 Levels - with new emotes, decorations, and rewards to earn.

This thread is for you to give your feedback about the Steel Path, so if you have thoughts that you wish to share, please do so here. If you see something you like, make sure to let us know! If you see something you don’t like, then please tell us why, and what you would like to see to make it better!

Please keep your feedback constructive, civil, and concise!

Thanks, and see you out there, Tenno!

Question about boosters. Do they stack like on booster weekends?

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

Teshin's shop needs more items in it to motivate people to play Steel Path more. The selection is so far like Little Duck's exotic goods - you buy the cosmetic and then forget about it.

My suggestion is to add all non standard Formas, Orokin Catalyst and Reactor, and Conclave cosmetics in there as well.

YES. Please I need more reactors and catalysts, and the pittance offered from Nightwave is not nearly enough. I got more from alerts than NW. I'm starved for them. 

I honestly believe that if The Steel Path was different it would be better.

The good:
-Gives veteran players something to do.
-Higher difficulty is more appropriate for the powerhouse that is your average "end game" player.

The bad:
-The rewards are... well not great. Armor for your operator is cool, but that's really the only thing worth getting.
-bullet sponges are not the same as higher difficulty. All they do is make it take longer to do the same thing. If I were to change some stuff, I'd make it to where there are special enemies that have to be killed in a different/special way like the glass maker cepholites. I'd also try to make the AI better, by having them take cover, move in formations, ect... but that's a whole another can of worms for later.

The Neutral:
-Personally, I think it would be better if Teshin was doing all the dialogue that the lotus would do. Having Teshin only say stuff at the start and end of the mission is a bit jarring.
-I think there should be more unique enemies that are exclusive to this mode, like the infested enemies that appeared in the second series of nightwave (and have only appeared then)

Overall, this is a good start, but I honestly believe it needs more meat, per say.

7 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

Why is almost everyone talking about the rewards and not about the gameplay?

I mean, sure the rewards are important but they are the after effect, what about the core loop?

I am couple of missions in and it feels like "bring your Mesa day", since the things are just eating bullets and my time. 

Nothing has changed so there is nothing to say about it. "Blanket sponge update"

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Nothing has changed so there is nothing to say about it. "Blanket sponge update"

This is it. Steel Path has done too little to add to the much-needed engagement factor of the game. Steel Path has failed to make Warframe sufficiently fun to want to play.

Here is my initial feedback.

So far, enemies are just bullet sponges with an increased spawn rate. Not really hard, but not really easy either.

What I would like to see in regards to enemies:

- Upgraded AI (pathfinding, squad teamwork, flanking, dodging, etc.)

- More Eximus units

- Having them be faster and more agile

Rewards are non existent. Steel Essence has not dropped once for me, so that sucks. There is really no reason to do the Steel Path other than the Teshin Operator cosmetics and clout.

What I would like to see in regards to rewards:

- Steel Essence is rewarded similar to how the Granum Crowns are. Guaranteed one per mission, with a possibility of more for endless.

- Riven Slivers and kuva should drop from the extra caches in missions.

- Scaling rewards need to be a thing. 3000 credits for end of mission rewards is a feel bad moment.

Granted, I have been doing this solo, since public has failed multiple times to match me with someone else. Honestly I dont know how many people actually play the Steel Path, so maybe fixing the things above will naturally fix the lack of players in public.

Edit: Forgot to mention this, but Teshin as the speaker is a great addition. He is probably my favorite part of this update. Please use him more.

For reference, I've been playing quite regularly since I joined in June 2013. I have >2000 hours in-mission and I'm nearing day 800 of the daily login at MR22.

It's not hard. It's just takes a little longer to kill enemies, and enemies have the exact same skills, speed, logic, and function. Even Junction Spectres have the exact same junk AI, they just take more bullets to kill. Find a piece of cover and you can just dump rounds until they die. I'm playing the exact same way I did a few years ago, with similar feeling damage falloff and use of abilities. I can have some fun like I did before in similar gameplay, but as a challenge it really isn't much as practically nothing has changed within enemies. Change something and challenge player expectations about enemies. Make some units move faster, increase the accuracy of weapons, something to vary it up, please.

I'm happy to find that Spies have a much shorter failure countdown, and more gameplay/gamemode changes like these are very welcomed.

I realize at this point I'm pretty much playing Steel Path for Mastery, because it's just the same game but spongier. I'm not feeling engaged in the gameplay, and the rewards are (seemingly) quite minimal for the time investment.

Also, it's really unclear how to unlock the Plains of Eidolon node. Going to Cetus > Bounty doesn't unlock the node. Haven't tried just wandering in but that's for another day.

Please consider making it harder. To be fair I've only cleared earth and a couple of missions on Lua, but so far none of it has been challenging for any frame I've used. I'm MR29 with a fair bit of experience so my perspective may not match the average player, but some of us at least would like some content that keeps us on our toes.

Maybe a big boost enemy status chance? It would be interesting if we had to worry about what hit us, requiring us to occasionally swap frames or defensive mods for a mission with some tactical challenges.

Just now, thurmack said:

Maybe a big boost enemy status chance? It would be interesting if we had to worry about what hit us, requiring us to occasionally swap frames or defensive mods for a mission with some tactical challenges.

I considered that for my rework thread. Making enemies attack and animate faster (like negative strength Molecular Prime buff) would give them sufficient fire rate increases that also factor into their status rate per second. If you want to add more status on top, sure.

Being totally honest this is one of the most underwhelming updates in warframe since empyrean, some orbiter statues, a crappy tenno armor which makes male tenno look with a serious overweight problem, at least female operators got some luck and they can wear it with some grade of delight; thank god for some kuva, some relics and... "stance forma" for real?

I've played today, all day, around 50 missions just to get 3 Steel Essence, and 2 where from cleaning up Earth.

This is one of those times where i can say: [DE] you totally messed it up at a whole new level. Everyone who can handle that kind of missions DOES NOT CARE about 1k extra resource, nor the one or two extra mods dropped per mission. Do you really listen to your beta testers? or you only ask some closed questions where they can't explain their ideas and upgrades the mode could have?

For now, i can totally say: Steel Path is a waste of time

I don't ask anything like umbra forma or some over the top stuff, i just want a real reason for the grind. Riven slivers? fine, Kuva? fine, a way that we can block a stat of a riven for being randomized? that would be amazing! anything that could make our day to day grind worthy, not just some bullet sponges and some sick RNG thing with the eximus drops

Hard mode vomvalysts are really having the last laugh. That was one of the most unfun and tedious things I've done in WF. It's not worth it. 

Also I can see all the comments about restrictions in player choice coming to fruition. Brace for endless popularity nerfs. 

Archived