Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So the Bishamo armor...

Ceadeus

21 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

You are mistaken, There is finite development time and finite time that is going to be allocated to rewards, especially rewards that are out of the usual scheme, as I have already said multiple times. DE have demonstrated a latitude with the individual artists that allows them to suggest work (Like adapting assets for rewards) as long as it fits in the time allocated. And I know that, given what was done and what I know of the times involved and what the dev themselves said earlier in this thread that the options were, what we got or some other, much similar from-scratch cosmetic, what you wanted was not an option.

We literally wanted what we got but the same on either gender.  That's it.  You're telling me that was wildly unrealistic and simply not an option?  Clearly you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about then and are just BS'ing as you go.

22 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Again, you were being rude and are creating a strawman to cover for yourself, it's pathetic.

No, that's actually just a factual statement.  If the only form of criticism you can accept is carefully filtered and formatted to your exact specifications then that means you can't actually take criticism and are subsequently a bad creator because you have an inflated ego.  Again, just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true.

23 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Again, false dichotomy. "this is insulting and I didn't say that, therefore.." I stand by my statement you were being insulting and ignorant, and you are doubling down and it's pathetic.

So you're simply admitting that you had absolutely no idea what the topic even was from the very beginning and you just saw people using words you don't like so you made assumptions and then tried to take some made up moral high ground to defend a stance nobody took to feel good about yourself.  You're sitting here talking about "You just don't appreciate the work put in!" when the part that everybody here is actually upset about has absolutely nothing to do with the work aspect of it and the unrest stems simply and solely from a simple choice, not some grueling product of hours of effort, but just a choice, to release them as wildly different sets based on arbitrary factors.

26 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

As you have demonstrated you have no idea what balance is. Again with the strawman, I've offered no blind praise nor indicated it's necessary.

Yet you HAVE told us not to voice our criticisms and opinions because you find them "rude" despite the fact that they are and forever will be 100% valid.  But no sure tell me more about how only what you perceive to be acceptable feedback should be allowed and how you're such a promoter of balance and fairness.

27 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Ad hominem, it's like your entire playbook is fallacies 101.

Just keep throwing around words you don't know how to use to cover up for the fact that you literally have no idea what this post was even about from the very beginning.  You saw people criticizing something, immediately identified with the responsible parties because of your "experience" and assumed that they were being attacked for their work so you took to your savior complex to come in and tell everyone how terrible they are for daring to utter one unsavory word against people so ingenious, hardworking, and selfless as these artists (which you just so happen to know the struggles of personally, but are completely an unbiased party obviously).

30 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

You literally said it was a "Miserable failure"

Literally nobody stated your quote anywhere in this thread.

You are quite clearly not interested in anything productive so I'm going to mute you now.

Yes, because that decision was.  I think it's fairly obvious by how quickly this topic took off at the time and the fact that it even got the devs attention and direct response.  Clearly that decision was notable enough to negatively impact the reception of the content to such a degree that DE felt the need to amend the situation.  Again, simply because I used colorful wording doesn't make the criticism any less valid, which seems to be a concept that you can't grasp, so I'm more than happy to hear you've muted me and hope one day you'll be able to remove the rose-tinted glasses and see your victim complex for what it is.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

nope, they haven't found the time to properly doing it (apparently) and it's understandable, New War looks massive

I was just being curious, since I get female preview on my male operator xD so I thought I better ask before buying. thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silescere said:

I was just being curious, since I get female preview on my male operator xD so I thought I better ask before buying. thanks

That might happen because you're using a female face.
The game uses whatever your operator's base face it to determine if it's male or female, but doesn't actually say which faces are witch and its incredibly hard to tell at a glance. It doesn't matter what your operator's voice or secondary face is.
A lot of the armors its hard to tell any difference.

If someone wanted a male operator to have the female bishamo legs, arms, and/or helmet, and one of the many other chest pieces that hide the female models breasts. It's not too hard to just make that work. Unfortunately the chest piece is the piece I care the most about and there's nothing you can do about the giant breast plates. And that doesn't do anything for those that want different parts from both the male and female models

On 2021-11-19 at 10:00 PM, PollexMessier said:

That might happen because you're using a female face.

Nope :D My operator is male, alsways has been. Even though the game determines gender with the face one chooses (without directly telling you what is what), one can't overlook the body changes followed by it. To me, the faces too are very distinct, but that might just be me.

Hint for choosing faces (bodychange aside) : If you look closely, you can see minimal differences in the "icons" or however the preview tiles for the faces are called correctly, if you look at the changes of the black suit in the chest area. Males will have a straight line v-shape, while said v is slightly curved at the very bottom of the v for females. Also there's "arrow" shaped triangles like > and < to the left n right near the armpits on the males.

I don't wanna hide anything, I just like the leg armor of the females better. ^^ Don't want no turnip legs, sorry Teshin, so I fully understand you with the chestplate, too.
Thing is, as far as I see it, we are not really having a fixed body and the clothing is wrapped around it, but it is more likely that the clothing is our body and the parts are being swapped out as we change armors. Hence, if one would like to cross combine an armor like the Bishamo, DE would need to make an additional set for each gender so we can freely swap. And they sure as heck have other priorities, but hey, I thought it'd be nice and I found this thread...

The "preview error" also only happens if I go directly to any NPC and preview the pieces there. Or if I preview Tennogen. In my operator menu or the regular market, that doesn't happen :)

Edited by Silescere

On 2020-07-09 at 7:57 PM, [DE]Marcus said:

For those Tenno that have already begun to walk The Steel Path, (looking at you @Ceadeus)  you may have seen the new Bishamo Armor Set in Teshin’s offerings. We see that people would like to mix and match between the male and female Operator sets, and we totally want that to happen.

We’ll have to make slight adjustments to the mesh of each variant Armor set for it to function properly on each operator model, and to avoid clipping when swapping between the pieces. We’re currently heads down on Tennocon prep, but we will explore this sometime in the post-Tennocon future!

@[DE]MarcusUm Any updates? hopes this would drop maybe with new war or maybe with the next general operator cosmetics update?

Edit:
Actually I think it doesn't really matter much to the community to receive a "when" update because we know DE always does not want to set expectations unless they're already met

So at simple "It's still on our radar" is going to be enough really 🙏

Edited by EvilNeo
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah hopefully this is still on the radar, especially now that DE will eventually have to update the Bishamo Armor to be worn by the Drifter... Might as well knock two birds in one stone and make proper adult-sized meshes that match together and can be combined regardless of gender...

While we're at it, could we get the cool cape and Orvius on the back of the drifter Bishamo , so we look more like an Adult Dax instead of a recruit like Umbra's Son... ?

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-07-09 at 11:57 AM, [DE]Marcus said:

For those Tenno that have already begun to walk The Steel Path, (looking at you @Ceadeus)  you may have seen the new Bishamo Armor Set in Teshin’s offerings. We see that people would like to mix and match between the male and female Operator sets, and we totally want that to happen.

We’ll have to make slight adjustments to the mesh of each variant Armor set for it to function properly on each operator model, and to avoid clipping when swapping between the pieces. We’re currently heads down on Tennocon prep, but we will explore this sometime in the post-Tennocon future!

ok its been more than a year now

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

Anyone else bothered by the extreme differences between the two gender variants of the operator's Bishamo Armor?

Basically: 1) The staggering difference in appearance, design, and quality is more than disappointing, and 2) the fact that aspects of it's design are gender specific and cannot be used in a non-binary representing/appearing way makes for even greater disappointment.

I personally dislike the masculine variant very much, but its the only gender-neutral appearing version of the armor (it doesn't have breasts/breastplates). Alternatively, the feminine variant is far more detailed and well designed, but it is far from appearing as gender neutral. I would love to equip the armor in the style of the feminine variant, but without the breasts/breastplates (or at least with them being less prominent) as that variant in my opinion looks better. Currently I refuse to, simply because I would prefer for my operator to remain gender neutral in appearance, which leaves me with the poorer design of the masculine variant.

I would recommend making the two different Bishamo Armor designs two separate sets. That way players can build different parts from each set and mix and match them as they please. I understand that many might not feel the same about this as me, but this is a fairly important issue for me as I love the Bashimo Armor, but hate equipping it due to my gender neutral preference. I really do hope people agree and that this might be changed some time soon.

• Like 5

DE was supposed to work on something similar to this. Granted this was just over 2 years now, back in July 9th 2020. This is [DE]Marcus's comment.

For those Tenno that have already begun to walk The Steel Path,  you may have seen the new Bishamo Armor Set in Teshin’s offerings. We see that people would like to mix and match between the male and female Operator sets, and we totally want that to happen.

• Like 3

The pragmatic reason is simple:

The male armor is essentially Isah'z armor from The Sacrifice, and Izah is basically fresh out of training.

The Female set is the one Varzia wears and she was akin to honor guard posted on lua.

So the two genders are not of equivalent ranking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

The pragmatic reason is simple:

The male armor is essentially Isah'z armor from The Sacrifice, and Izah is basically fresh out of training.

The Female set is the one Varzia wears and she was akin to honor guard posted on lua.

So the two genders are not of equivalent ranking.

So then the should be corresponding ranks and armour for other genders, right?

So there should be honour guard armour, and recruit armour, and these two sets each have copy for every gender, right?

So there should be two unique sets that each have the same appearance, at least roughly, for any gender.

I mean, Im gonna agree with my fellow tenno who wants gender neutral armour for both styles. I want more sets, and appearances that aren't gender locked.

Edited by Gwyndolin-chan
  • Like 2

I lost all interest and hope on this TBH, sad.

I'm already on the same boat for the "operator to drifter" treatment, so I'll suggest that DE should:

- Let us link Drifter sets on chat
- Be 100% clear on future sets or cosmetics on which one of them will really works on the Drifter

Yeah, that simple. After seeing many people confused on if the Nightwave suit was only for the Operator or also the Drifter, I think it's just obvious that it needs to be clarifyied or explained in more detail.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2020-07-09 at 10:57 AM, [DE]Marcus said:

still waiting on this two years later

• Like 2