The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days Tactical Alert is Back!

[DE]Helen

WF_DogDays_Keyart_4K.png

Slap on some sunscreen, grab your Soaktron, and hurry to the beach arena, Tenno. Dog Days are back until July 27th at 11:00AM ET!

The Origin System’s greatest water fight is here to help everyone power up and cool down. Soak your enemies to earn waves of rewards:

• Mission 1: 50,000 Credits and Redeemer Abysso Skin 
  • Mission 2: 50,000 Credits and Hydroid's Relay Scene 
  • Mission 3: 50,000 Credits and Hydroid Reprise Noggle 
  • Mission 4: Orokin Reactor and Stratos Emblem 

Nakak’s Dog Days reward prices have been reduced by 30%! Earn Nakak Pearls in each round and exchange them at her shop in Cetus for Roller Floofs, the Dog Days Captura Scene, and more.

In the arena, there are no Mods, no Pets, no Abilities — just an equal engagement between you and your opponents. The team with the most kills before the timer runs out wins. Run out of water? Reload your Soaktron at the water fountains shooting throughout the arena. 

Make sure to enjoy the waves before July 27th at 11:00AM ET. Just like Kela De Thaym’s gas leak, the Dog Days Tactical Alert is active for a limited time. Get soaked, Tenno!

Maybe you should alert support staff team that a mamonth volume of reports will follow, just like last time.

Unlike many other missions (sorties, special alerts) where the probability of finding afk players is decent but is often just 1 every now and then, in this tactical alert it was common to report 1 or 2 per match

2 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

What about the watergun? Will we get that as a weapon? I forget if it was DE or someone else saying we should get it as an acid thrower weapon or as a weapon skin.

That would be a cool weapon dealing cold damage!

12 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

What about the watergun? Will we get that as a weapon? I forget if it was DE or someone else saying we should get it as an acid thrower weapon or as a weapon skin.

Get into the line we still didn't have:

-Ball gauntlet from Lunaro

and

-Chainsaw Ghoul weapon

Just now, ITheRavenI said:

Get into the line we still didn't have:

-Ball gauntlet from Lunaro

and

-Chainsaw Ghoul weapon

I can do you one better and older.

When is the Eros Arrow gear item being turned into a skin?

Can players who previously purchased these last year get a 30% refund? It's insulting that you guys do this to literally everything you add to this game. It's honestly a joke to even put time or money into this game when you guys don't even care about that investment one bit. It's not even surprising considering what happened to Plains of Eidolon Arcanes and Primed Chamber.

Will you guys ever solidify a time investment for anything and tell players to suck it up? Will we just continue on the positive player reception wave where you take a dump on invested players to get some positive messages from Reddit / Forums / Twitter / etc. You listened to a single Conclave player on Twitter over Universal Medallions, but don't give a single damn about the percentage of players pumping thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars into the game. Disappointing. This isn't dev-bashing, this is the straight truth. I want this game to grow and thrive because it's my favorite game I've ever installed. I see real potential in Digital Extremes and the capabilities of the team, but arbitrary changes like these are just frustrating.

Steel Essence is probably next on the "reducing required gameplay" train. It's funny really. A 2% Eximus drop in 2020 when Blazing Step was removed from ESO, Vidar Reactors are buffed in drop chance significantly, Exploiter Orb Ephemeras were buffed in drop chance, Vengeful Ephemeras were buffed twice in drop chance, and more over the last few years. It's insane that this still happens. Riven Mods investments are tampered with on a scheduled 90 day interval. It's already happened to Liches, Intrinsics, Arcanes twice, and more. There's so many examples, I actually had to make a separate thread once.

I wouldn't mind these changes if there was compensation, but there rarely ever is. The problem with how players felt about Dog Days is how painful it was to play and rewarding AFK was. Reducing things by 30% in the shop doesn't make the mode more fun.

Archived