Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, MarrikBroom said:

I am assuming this is going to have effective duration and output as if 'zero batery charge' were in play?

What of chroma's elemental ward?

Why does equinox's rest/rage have an energy color mechanic why not tap/hold?

My guesses

yes. just the basic 2 hit non empowered version

Probably like Equinox, using energy color (guess you gain his passive as well :^) )

As that is base in her kit as well. energy color decides the mission start form

1 hour ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

This System is broken and will break the game completely,it shouldn't come into the game so many broken  combinations,for example mesa and eclipse/roar = who the hell thought of this. its completely unbalanced PLEASE DE do NOT put this into the game,since you made enemies paper the game is already quite easy but with this its literally broken

Oh hush. This is exciting as hell to me. The game isn't THAT easy and experimenting with unique combinations is the whole reason most people play this game at all. 

Seriously. You need other hobbies if you are getting worked up over a feature. There a dozens of actual problems and i can't believe that you're this worried about people having power combinations that you think are too strong. It boggles my mind. The power fantasy is the whole appeal of the game. 

Can't wait. Haven't been this excited for an update in a while.

To the people complaining this is "too strong" or whatever, stop your alarmist anti-fun.

This system is MR locked, requires frames to be built and destroyed, costing resources and time. It's not even out yet, and you are acting as if the devs haven't considered their own choices.

"Oh no we will have infinite energy with dispenser!" As if we all don't have 600 energy pizzas. 

"Oh no we will do more damage!" That means nothing in a game where we are damage capped, where enemies spawn in hordes constantly, and even so we should, we made our sacrifice to this system.

Even before the mechanic comes out people want it nerfed, what a joke.

Anyways, thanks DE, love ya', thanks for giving me something to do during the plague.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Oracle-Raven said:

I really love the new system, and I really want to praise DE for it from the bottom of my heart...

...but having it being locked at MR 15 is one of the stupidest decision I've seen. It's incredibly frustrating. I'm MR29, but I play with a lot of MR 8-10 friends, and the MR15 lock is just going to make them all quit the game entirely at this point... I'm very disappointed by that.

I’m really glad your locked out. Maybe it’ll force noobs to actually know how to play rather than getting carried by the one high rank in the group. This is the next best thing other than a kick vote. 

people *@##$ing and crying like babies about eclipse or Roar like it is actually gonna break the game. enemies can't be deader than dead, so stop crying out like your whole world shattered. your builds are not gonna become useless, you'll still be taking the same stuff and do just fine. don't like it? don't #*!%ing use you, you doomsayers.

1 minute ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I'll never understand the people that shout down appeals for balance with 'it's already unbalanced, let it get broken further.'

Like, I know you guys want your shiny toys, but it isn't helpful to the long-term health of the game.

There is absolutely no way in hell a system like this would not break the game, even if they gave us the worst abilities from each frame. I've always been a member of the nerf camp, but if this is the route DE wants to take, then let's just embrace the chaos. This is going to make it so that nearly any frame can push the threshold of being useful in high level content, at the very least, and the absolute best frames are going to push well past the point of anything meaning anything.

2 minutes ago, Rin-senpai said:

i write it...

*Clip*

😧

Okay, thank you.  That does look like an issue.  OnO  You might want to also make a post with those screenshots in the Bug Reports forum under the graphics section.  The programmers and artists supposedly almost never check the General forum (because it's a depressing shouting match most of the time I guess.)  They supposedly do sometimes check the bugs forums though, and it might get passed to the correct person faster there.  It would also give other people a place to add any additional details and not get buried in the avalanche that this thread has clearly turned into.  >,<

Could players please wait like even a week or so after the content drops before you scream "NERF!" Like we get it, you've played so long that everything they do needs to be changed because you're not happy or the games not going in the exact direction you want it to. FFS LET THEM EXPERIMENT! They've kept this game running for 7+ years, and i've been here for the majority of that time. DE keep doing wonderful things, we appreciate you 100% Just kinda gets annoying seeing those types of "Nerf this, nerf that" posts. So I apologize for my rant, but sometimes its just a buzzkill to see these players complaining all the time over content they havent even played yet. I'm looking forward to The Heart Of Deimos update. this update can change the direction of the game, please keep bringing us killer content like this. Thanks again DE 😉

Just now, mikakor said:

people *@##&#036;ing and crying like babies about eclipse or Roar like it is actually gonna break the game. enemies can't be deader than dead, so stop crying out like your whole world shattered. your builds are not gonna become useless, you'll still be taking the same stuff and do just fine. don't like it? don't #*!%ing use you, you doomsayers.

It’s ridiculous amounts of butt hurt over something that’s gonna give new life to mediocre frames. 

1 hour ago, Arridian said:

I really hope it's not a bad solution to be lazy about Warframes rework..

Had to stop reading the comments after I saw this.

How the fudge is this lazy? How?

They had to go through every single warframe, choose a power from each of their kits, make sure said power isn't too weak or too strong, modify their usage since many of them rely on their original kits to be good, rebalance a number of them to make sure they can work on other warframes, put safeguards in so we don't literally break the game, and who knows what else. Let's not even mention the time and resources it took to create and implement the systems surrounding this in the first place.

Creating this to be good and not just a "grab one frame's ability and slap it on everyone" deal had to have taken tons upon tons of effort, troubleshooting, brainstorming, and no doubt many arguments between the devs. Hate on DE all you want, but they are in no way lazy - especially not when concerning this update.

Breach Surge from Wisp, and Vauban's Tesla Bank ? Oh boy. Ooooh boy. Those two abilities are absolutely monstruous.

Thermal Surge from Gauss is also very interesting, due to its armor strip use.

I'm a bit disappointed that no tanking ability besides Defy are available. I was hoping to use Nezha's halo on squishier frames.

So they said that the abilities would be boosted effects on the warframe that owns that ability I don't see any improvements talked about on here is it going to be like if you own a maxed out augment for the ability it requires that and the warframe to have the boosted benefit of the augment for the subsumed ability to be improved over the base ability? 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)palebluelight said:

I’m really glad your locked out. Maybe it’ll force noobs to actually know how to play rather than getting carried by the one high rank in the group. This is the next best thing other than a kick vote. 

Agree. MR lock is a actually a smart move because it incentives actually being invested before you get to the really good stuff. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Oracle-Raven:

I really love the new system, and I really want to praise DE for it from the bottom of my heart...

...but having it being locked at MR 15 is one of the stupidest decision I've seen. It's incredibly frustrating. I'm MR29, but I play with a lot of MR 8-10 friends, and the MR15 lock is just going to make them all quit the game entirely at this point... I'm very disappointed by that.

Why would your friends quit when they can't use a new mechanic that is intended for "endgame/veteran" players, if they enjoyed the game so far why would they complain about something just bc they can't do it immediately? Did they also complain bc they couldn't use their tenno powers right from the start? Or riven? Or sorties? Not everything should be accessible from the start, this game is already confusing enough and considering how clueless many of the MR 8 and 9 players are that I know (yes even my friends) I'm very glad this system is not as accessible as others DE has put out over the years. I mean we get complains almost daily about clueless MR 8 players getting completely recked by liches bc that system has a fairly low MR requirement.

13 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

I'm just curious, but how is this any different than "Every Operator already takes Zenurik or you're doing it wrong?"  Some Warframes will be able to use abilities more often.  In exchange for losing an ability (arguably not a big deal in many cases.)  And also *standing around* for up to 30 seconds at a time waiting for it to spit out energy balls.  Also, nearly anyone who wants energy can just craft, you know, five hundred energy charger consumables already and drop them four or five at a time.  Especially now that we have a version that anyone can get without Syndicate ranking and craft literally a hundred at a time.

All valid points.

Только что, Rasdan сказал:

Sooner or later, we need an Augment Mod Slot.

OR DE could just move them to their own unlockable "switches" for configs. Mistificators don't need capacity, aren't they? Why augmentations still are mods, same as pet & companion abilities in general. 

Also, other thing to note is that the Helminth abilities include an Ability Strength booster, so the absolute limits will still vastly demand the original 'Frame to get that bonus. If it's exponential, then we're talking about the potential for a 70% Ability Strength increase on top of everything else.

I'm certain it's been said plenty of times already, but Dispensary is the most broken ability Protea could hand off.

Spend a small amount of Energy to get more Health, Energy, and Ammo. No need to build pizzas anymore.

Combos with Arcane Pulse and Energize.

All Ammo Mutation mods are irrelevant, especially the Aura mods. Even gives Heavy Ammo infinitely when Fluctus can be used in normal missions.

Actually, considering that there are weapons with reduced ammo pools specifically because of how powerful they are (Bramma comes to mind), it's basically "spend energy to ignore balancing features."

I know this is supposed to be an "endgame" system meant for experienced players, but geez.

Smart people: "wow this looks awesome, just think of all the powerful combinations!"

People who forget warframe is a pve game about feeling powerful while you slaughter thousands of enemies: "pls nerf, it's too strong, just think of all the powerful combinations!"

Archived