The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

At that point they'll claim they're entitled to what they earned and whine about nerfs.

It hasn't even launched yet dude. You can't be upset about having a thing taken away before you even had it. Criminy.

The usual miserable self-entitled whining aside, this is fantastic. These abilities will still create extra options but DE's not limited to just treating every ability as a 1:1 swap. Abilities with built-in synergies like Fireblast or Ensnare already lost something by not being used on their original frames; a touch less power to some of these others is a perfectly reasonable choice.

Defy surprises me, but considering it's the best damage mitigation ability in the list, they were clearly avoiding anything that allows too much tanking. I imagine it'll still be enough to be crazy on Rhino. 

we are entitled to the full effect of the abilities. we farmed for a second set, to unlock those, we deserve to have the full merits. but i suppose you would be okay to work and only being given half of what you deserve. then have fun, but i'll fight to have the right ot use what i'm own. i was promised an awesome system with all the abilities to their fullest, i'll fight for it.

41 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Without spoiling too much, the Helminth Segment is currently obtained in Rank 3 of the Entrati Syndicate. This reminder is simply to set expectations on what you’ll have access to upon logging into the Heart of Deimos. 

So 71k standing + Standing for it aka on the 3rd day we get it unless it costs more than 19k.

14 minutes ago, BillyMancer said:

I think it is good. Some of these abilities are so strong that 40+ choices are actually just 5 choices, and that is far less exciting.

For example, Nidus's Larva is better in EVERY way compared to Khora's Ensnare. With Larva now having a reduced radius, Ensnare may have the radius advantage, while larva has the energy cost/cast time advantage. Thus, there are now choices, and choices are great!

This is just wrong. Ensnare is better as it grabs twice and continues to propagate when damage is dealt to them. 

13 minutes ago, BillyMancer said:
For example, Nidus's Larva is better in EVERY way compared to Khora's Ensnare. With Larva now having a reduced radius, Ensnare may have the radius advantage, while larva has the energy cost/cast time advantage. Thus, there are now choices, and choices are great!

There is a problem here. The larva has a radius of 12 meters. Ensnare has a radius of 10 meters. But Ensnare can CC bosses and doesn't have the number of uses (you can only use one larva). In fact, we are now seeing how the meta has changed.

Just now, (XB1)Papa Requiem said:

This is just wrong. Ensnare is better as it grabs twice and continues to propagate when damage is dealt to them. 

No, it propogates twice when damaged by WHIPCLAW. So this statement is only true for Khora, and not other frames.

Well, this just shows that no matter what you guys do you'll end up losing.

Honestly, I'd urge to make a Warframe revised 2 update and hold off the subsume Warframe mechanics while keeping the Helminth original abilities until all proposed abilities have been reviewed, because damn if you do and damned if you don't.

Thanks for the update as always Megan, much love your way ❤️

37 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Protea - Dispenser
Duration reduced

While this may still be a negligible duration decrease, I do feel this is 'Itzal blink' all over again. 

The Itzal wasn't picked because it was just too good, it was picked because none of the other archwings had anything that was applicable in the open world scenarios, which is where Archwings were used the most.

Similarly: The reason Dispensary is coming out as an 'overwhelming pick' is because it's generally applicable and has value for any warframe. Instead of nerfing it, because I don't think it's overpowered by any stretch, consider what makes all the other options so unappealing. 

Just now, (XB1)boltpokejogador said:

Before: Omg this is broken it will break the game wtf DE this is so bad

Now: It's getting nerfed?? Wtf DE this is so bad

They literally said in the last dev workshop that it was all subject to change, why are people even mad at this...

because it breaks the point of the system. it's made to enjoy the abilities of the warframe we sacrifice to the Helmith. to enjoy the ability. i don't want to enjoy the ability-5 that i'll get. and knowing DE, they'll make the abilities absolute crap. they always go the easy way. nerf the few good ones rather than buffing the mediocre ones.

1 minute ago, (XB1)boltpokejogador said:

Before: Omg this is broken it will break the game wtf DE this is so bad

Now: It's getting nerfed?? Wtf DE this is so bad

They literally said in the last dev workshop that it was all subject to change, why are people even mad at this...

There's a contingent of Warframe players who will always want all of the power they can possibly have with no respect to making the game interesting. Surprise, they showed up again.

Alot of these nerfs dont make sense. And even if they would be popular choices, the fact that there are so many choices would override that. 

Defy already has a cap, and only works when you have enemy attention enough to bring it up to cap, and have to reapply, and reapply it resets the original counter. And armor has diminishing returns after a point anyway.  Doesnt make sense for this to be nerfed.

The duration on protea's dispenser being nerfed also doesnt make sense, when duration is what makes the ability a good utility. Since no matter how much power strength, you cant garrantee 2 drops per dispensary. 

Mirage's Eclipse is so situational and finnicky due to it being based on conditions that any nerf for this makes no sense.

Warcry that depends on how much of a reduction. 

Larva its radius is pretty much its whole thing. So thats going to feel icky.

At the least alot of these powers energy costs should also be adjusted since not getting the full effect of these powers.

6 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

Lol. Make it 20 or something. 15 was too low. What happened to this system being for the more progressed players?

Mastery Rank 8 is only ~7.39% of the current game's Mastery. That's a joke.

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

because it breaks the point of the system. it's made to enjoy the abilities of the warframe we sacrifice to the Helmith. to enjoy the ability. i don't want to enjoy the ability-5 that i'll get. and knowing DE, they'll make the abilities absolute crap. they always go the easy way. nerf the few good ones rather than buffing the mediocre ones.

Let's calm down. We don't know the numbers yet. If it is 1200 for Defy, 35% for roar and 15 seconds for dispenser, it will be worse, but it will still be good.

Archived