Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

12 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

no nyx 1 is a very strong scaling ability. 

blood altar is a mobility ability cloaked in a support ability. it's actually just a teleport skill and it's very good. 

the abilities they buffed are indeed the worst abilities they picked. 

Nyx’s 1 literally won’t scale past about 60, even with the augment. It’s absolute garbage against everything other than infested

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

If DE said such things would be adjusted right out from the gate people would still have complained.

I agree but that wouldn't be me.

If DE would have said nothing people would have done the same thing when it launched with the caveat.

Also agree.

I'd probably be bummed out but I wouldn't have any expectations.

If DE had never revealed a list and such powercreep abilities weren't even on the list in the first place people would still have done the same.

Again, I agree. and I don't want powercreep abilities, just stuff that feels fun or utility.

Refreshing Kermit The Frog GIF

With all due respect, why are you here then?

6 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Because DE keep calling this a power fantasy game, then neutering the power fantasy. I want more incentives beyond ship decoration #51284

I'm not even asking this to be provocative but when was the last time DE released a bunch of brand new mods? Because it feels like a year at least for me.

I get you, I really do actually. I think I don't feel this way personally only because I took a long break so I'm still playing catch up on some stuff, so of course I don't have the right perspective.

In general they need to be more consistent when it comes to balancing power fantasy versus getting so powerful you stop playing. I remember playing Saints Row IV and loving it, then I turned on cheats and I was bored in a day. But there is a middle ground, and DE is a multi million dollar company with all the stats on their side, so I would love for them to find that middle ground using those resources. 

I think part of the problem is they are too afraid to make enemies hard and keep them hard. When DE introduces enemies that give a good reason for more power, a certain segment of the warframe community complains until they get watered down to nothing (especially if that enemy resists cc or something, which stops us from just shutting down the map effortlessly). And from what I have heard, enemy scaling has become weaker, not stronger since my absence. I want them to not be so afraid to buff both us and our foes. It's okay for us to be strong. It's okay for some of our foes to make it hard to just cc the map and trivialize the game. I think part of the problem is DE listening to casuals who just want to have an easier experience, versus vets who want both extra power and a reason to use it. Sorry, didn't mean for it to be that long a post, just think this is an interesting discussion in general. 

7 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Any Warframe/weapon capable of burst damage would make Nyx's ability scale pretty dang well, and blood altar is a good health regen, enemy lock-down, and mobility ability. I don't think they're wrong, really.

Have you ever tried using nyx's one that way? I have and it does not do anything.

Been waiting for a radial javelin buff for like 4 years and spectral scream for 2 year

meanwhile DE : lets create a system to swap abilities and nerf them while we keep low end signature abilities being low

While I haven't tried out the workshop (ergo I can't speak from experience), it seems disheartning to nerf certain Warframe skills if they're placed onto other Warframes.

After all, what's the point of getting Protea, feeding her to good boy Helminth, only to recieve one, unchooseable ability, but also a less effective version of the ability

at that point, I'd rather just keep my Protea warframe, gear her up for whatever missions I want to play her in, and then play her whenever my team needs the dispensary.

I understand why would you only make subsuming give one of the frame's ability, because otherwise it would be almost exponential amount of combinations to address and polish.

However, if you only give us the nerfed versions of the abilities, it gives very little reason to even bother with the Helminth system. Why should go get all the parts for Nidus (Which for some is the second time), only to get a dumbed down version of his larva?

I could just go level my Zenurik tree and use the void pulling effect, or buy Energy pizzas instead of getting Protea.

I think this system is really cool, lore-wise and gameplay-wise, but I am personally afraid you're already limiting the good possible choices.

So im not sure how its all going to work, andi have propro but havent used her, 

BUT 

if we can replace any power, id assume that if you put it on a warframes 1st slot the cost will be that of the first ability making it super cheap to cast and said cost negating any issue with duration i might have. 

If you havent thought of that i hope it makes you feel better. 

If they mentioned costs not representing the ability slots cost where its applied, i.e. costing what its always cost... then riot i guess. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)DidelphisV said:

Nyx’s 1 literally won’t scale past about 60, even with the augment. It’s absolute garbage against everything other than infested

how won't it scale past 60? if you mind control a lvl 100 enemy, you will have a lvl 100 minion. 

I got successfully dehyped for this update. I regret spending time re-farming several frames and i'll most likely cancel some more that are still in my foundry. i'll probably won't even bother with the deimos update. The only thing i'm afraid of now is that DE will realize the update is crap and artificially pump mastery into it to force players to play it, just like railjack.

I have only myself to blame to believe that DE turned around and was listening to players again.

Someone that has been playing this game long enough to acquire 160,000 mastery, having done a good portion of the star chart and ranked up several weapons and/or frames isn't a "noob".  MR 8 guy still has a lot of Warframe goals available to them, I don't see the harm in availing the Helminth system to them as another goal to pursue.  Those of us raising our pitchforks or trying to quell the unrest in the middle of the day on a Wednesday are clearly a vocal minority.  Getting into this Helminth system and trying new combinations is the only goal that remains for some of us 'cause we already have all the things and we've already done all the stuff.  I wouldn't assume every MR8 guy is chomping at the bit to get into the Helminth system in lieu of the goals they're already pursuing.  

As for nerfing some of the abilities in scope, I don't love it but my interest in what's to come is undaunted.

just reinstall warframe a week ago cause im excited with upcoming helminth update. but now, u f...ing kill it !!!!!

i will wait for the numbers. if u nerf it too much then i have to say goodbye again.

2 minutes ago, H8RAID said:

Someone that has been playing this game long enough to acquire 160,000 mastery, having done a good portion of the star chart and ranked up several weapons and/or frames isn't a "noob".  MR 8 guy still has a lot of Warframe goals available to them, I don't see the harm in availing the Helminth system to them as another goal to pursue.  Those of us raising our pitchforks or trying to quell the unrest in the middle of the day on a Wednesday are clearly a vocal minority.  Getting into this Helminth system and trying new combinations is the only goal that remains for some of us 'cause we already have all the things and we've already done all the stuff.  I wouldn't assume every MR8 guy is chomping at the bit to get into the Helminth system in lieu of the goals they're already pursuing.  

As for nerfing some of the abilities in scope, I don't love it but my interest in what's to come is undaunted.

you are clearly lying. where you see a majority, you claim it's a minority. 

10 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Because it's an armor buff that is very easy to max-out (1500 // 83% DR) just by taking damage and has a generous duration. It makes everyone a tank without abusing shield gating, negating glass-cannon frame designs. Just think of Mirage, Gauss, Nova, Banshee, Titania, Wisp, Volt, or Mesa with this.

I don't agree with this nerf, but that's likely DE's train of thought there.

HAHAHHAHAHA.

Wisp and Mesa are already not glass tanks. Wisp can vastly inflate her health pool with her first ability and then still regenerate health, while Mesa gets 90% damage reduction + 20% damage reduction from shields. And even in response to every Warframe being able to tank, I'll quote myself.

13 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

That's a good thing considering right now I can pull up a Redirection + Primed Vigor Mesa for 90% damage reduction stacking with the 20% damage reduction of shields. With Defy I could finally play something other than "Warframe that refuses to die" on higher levels, but with the nerf... Back to same old, same old.

4 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

how won't it scale past 60? if you mind control a lvl 100 enemy, you will have a lvl 100 minion. 

because enemy health and damage scale at different rates. You can have a lvl 100 enemy under your control and its damage won't even tickle the lvl 100s it's hitting

Just now, Hoppyscotch said:

because enemy health and damage scale at different rates. You can have a lvl 100 enemy under your control and its damage won't even tickle the lvl 100s it's hitting

that's why you have the augment and the armor stripping ability (nyx 2). also, that's why you don't mind control any random enemy but those that do a lot of damage. 

1 minute ago, Traubenzuckr said:

that's why you have the augment and the armor stripping ability (nyx 2). also, that's why you don't mind control any random enemy but those that do a lot of damage. 

dude if you want to play nyx do it. i literally don't care. you can even pretend like she's in a perfect place for yourself. but don't by any means pretend that she's actually viable when discussing her from a meta standpoint, especially in the context of the subsume system. I already told you even with her augment this problem persists. The issue with her 2 is you dump power strength on nyx in favor of duration and range.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

PART 1 - Changes to select Infused Warframe Abilities

This is a rather uninspired way to go about it, lol. How about making some of the other abilities worthwhile and different functionality wise? Like there are some *incredibly* low hanging fruit here. Zephyr's pull is not even worth the time to read the ability description right now, and quiver without dash wire just feels wrong. As you said, this is intended to be an end game, veteran player feature. With us, you really only need to make abilities good for us to automatically flock to them, we know the game well enough. 

Just now, Hoppyscotch said:

dude if you want to play nyx do it. i literally don't care. you can even pretend like she's in a perfect place for yourself. but don't by any means pretend that she's actually viable when discussing her from a meta standpoint, especially in the context of the subsume system. I already told you even with her augment this problem persists. The issue with her 2 is you dump power strength on nyx in favor of duration and range.

you obviously don't play nyx so why don't you shut up? people use nyx 1 against lvl 9999 enemies. you are ignorant from the bottom up. 

Archived