Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working From Home: Devstreams (Sept 18)

[DE]Rebecca

helmint and augments / obsolete powers

With Helmint's ability subsume do you still intend to review and revisit power augments and, if necessary, integrate them in the respective base powers?

Some augments are mandatory in order for the base power to work in an acceptable way.

Some frames kits are still in need of a complete overhaul, Zephir  in particular comes to mind, followed by chroma.

Helmint subsume could become an ingame tool to "improve" or update existing powers in a believable way, considering we acquire its segment from the same guys that were at the root of warframe and void powers research!

Consider this: frame xyz comes out with arguably crap 1-2 powers, augments are released that make the power/s actually viable, frame gets 1-2 less mod slots to compensate for mistakes in dev phase... instead of releasing an augment one or more patched versions of the power could be released for helmint to infuse in place of the original version. Feels much more fair.

New player experience:

Following Lich and Steel Path ability to create "separate" solar maps to explore, wouldn't be possible to build an "historical" starchart that would let new and old players experience the old events/operations and put all the lore and boss fights in the proper order before getting to "current era" content?

This way it would also be possible to see the switch between the older tilesets and the "current" ones in a logical way and meet relevant npcs and enemies in a chronologically appropriate order. 

2 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Such as a second wave of abilities, requiring subsuming a warframe a specific second time or to gradually see about easing some Warframes into it on a case by case basis?

No way would they do that, it would be absolutely broken.

But we may likely get more Helmith abilities, though slowly. 

About The Helminth System, i want to share an other post i've previously posted concerning a real problem concerning the Same Subsumed ability we wants on different configurations on the same Warframe (but put this ability not on the same original ability of the Frame).

I hope this will change in a near future ; thanks 😉

2 hours ago, Cubewano said:

where did hydroid's fish ephemera go? >:c (looking forward to the stream as always though none the less <3)

edit: also is there any chance our beloved skater boy nezha will get a custom movement animation in the future? considering his design and theme it seems appropriate he'd get to skate around tilesets rather than just run. 

G U M B I 

Faction syndicate rework when?

Missions need proper restructuring to have some form of flow, additional dialogue needs to be recorded for each leader while Lotus needs to be completely removed as mission control, more rewards are so desperately needed for this forgotten portion of content & each of the six syndicates deserve separate standing pools. Perhaps it's time to even remove syndicate death squads & negative standing, as they directly contradict the purpose of syndicates from both functional & lore perspectives. Deimos launched, while you can iron out whatever problems remain with that, you can also focus on bringing older content up to par with modern standards. So much of the game deserves attention, you can't simply ignore old content like this.

It's always something worth considering, especially with how big, yet empty, this game has gotten.

What progress is being made with Railjack and Squad Link to connect the content islands? 

I enjoy the landscapes but will there be a deeper reworking to make open worlds more immersive and engaging? Currently, open worlds suffer from hitting one bounty and entering/exiting it like a tileset. Where are the NPCs on the plains? The workers of Fortuna being forced into labour? 

Can you unlock the "Billion" button for credits, ressources and [img]https://i.imgur.com/cGyJeJA.png[/img] XP?

Will you be kind to allow* us to get rid of some of weekly tasks for Nightwave like the Kuva ones ?

* A validation for example :

- Are you sure you don't want to see this marvelous task on your screen, the one we want you to play even if you don't want anymore because farming all those kuva weapons was such a boring time ? Even if it is only just one more little cute Lich ?:inlove:

>Yes                    > I'm ready

Any news or considerations about changes to the Helminth resources?

Such as adjustments to railjack resources, adding fish and mining as well as unused resources, spreading out resources so that we no longer have 2 deimos resources in what is already the most populated category?

Please considering at least one of the 2 deimos resources to Bile. Considering that the infested are closer to a fungus than anything, and fungus are technically not plants.

27 minutes ago, wtrmlnjuc said:

What progress is being made with Railjack and Squad Link to connect the content islands? 

I enjoy the landscapes but will there be a deeper reworking to make open worlds more immersive and engaging? Currently, open worlds suffer from hitting one bounty and entering/exiting it like a tileset. Where are the NPCs on the plains? The workers of Fortuna being forced into labour? 

You can start bounties from inside the plains from tents spread across the map, marked with an orange symbol when close. Fortuna has similar areas of an appropriate asthetic, one found just outside fortuna. And Deimos has mothers spread across the map. 

In saying this, I would love more engagement in the open worlds.

1a) Can we get a buff for the Jugulum mod set?  Maybe I haven't paid enough attention, but it seems really weak in-game for a set that you can ONLY get by doing a specific bounty.

1b) Can we have Deimos Saxum Rexes spawn outside of the "Cleanse the Land" and "Brute Force" bounties like the Carnis Rexes do? (I only need Saxum Spittle and I'll have everything!)

2) Can we get more Augments?  I'm really referring to Warframe abilities, since we don't have a complete (Passive + 1-4) set of augments for all the frames, but more weapon augments would be okay, too.  Ideally, I'd love both.

3) More Nightmare and Corrupted mods?

4) Some reworks for Warframes that really need it (Limbo AGAIN, Banshee, Grendel could use a little help with how quickly he uses energy, Loki, Valkyr...)

5) Instead of brand new content, QoL stuff for content we already have.  I'm sure there are still issues with Empyrean, and Deimos definitely has them, like the Avichaea landing INSIDE the level geometry so that they're IMPOSSIBLE to capture.

First, Deimos kitguns - when?

Second, next Prime Vault/Prime - what and when?

Third, any news on next-gen versions of the game and cross-save to and from PC?

Finally, once again, please buff Exalted melee weapons. At the very least remove the mod restrictions (Acolyte mods, mod sets, etc.). As they stand now, there is no reason to use them over regular melee.

Thanks.

Interesting.  Another developer stream after the announcement of "changes coming to Xaku next week" despite it being Wednesday night with no update.

My hit list is:

1. When are we getting some more bug fixes.  The falling through levels is less frequent, but railjack's reporting an a litany of other things are bugged.
  2. When are you finally going to fix the medallion/ayatan spawns on the corpus ship tileset introduced with the Deadlock Protocol.
  3. When are you going to fix mechs so that they have enough capacity to actually equip the mods.  Again, 60/12=5.  5 with a forma is 10.  You have a mod at 14, and a litany at 11.  You only have 2 at 7, which means I literally cannot equip everything even with the insane 9 forma that would require.
  4. When are we going to get the third orb mother....it's almost two years and there's nothing but Deimos news.
  5. When are you going to fix the mech mod grind?  0.201% drop rates on a mission that is time gated to 10 minutes minimum for a single chance to drop is...unreasonable.  I'd like to curse, but will suggest that you already know how terrifyingly idiotic this is and are just buying time to round out the promised content before actually fixing this miserable mess.

Five is enough.  The rest are longer term...and might not be a single sentence answer.  These streams really rarely even answer anything but softball questions, and spend a majority of their time promising new content "soon."  I wonder how many more years until the grineer chainsaw is actually implemented....though being fair as a Zephyr main I already know the truth is that like her deluxe skin it's likely to be around the time the sun burns out.

All i want is Valkyr rework.

1. Her 1 is outdated, even the augment can't save it.

2. Her 2 if casting time can be reduce would be nice

3. Her 3 just bad in many many way (the range is low, the stun time also low, etc...) , the augment quite good but i can just use larva or something else (other frame).

4. Her 4 need some nerf with the invincible and the stance it self, i'd like to have her 4 do something unique like protea then go off cooldown rather than easy mode with infinite energy supply (arcane energize, equilibirum, hunter adrenaline, rage mod etc...) 

Archived