Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Update on Updates: October Edition

[DE]Rebecca

I cannot stress this enough, but stay safe. You guys are responsible for what may be the only kernel of sanity left in the world for some of us as this hellstorm of insanity that is 2020 rages on. While it's easy to get worked up over a video game, DE is basically making on of the few bright spots we have, and I appreciate every single person on the team. As someone who has been a total shut in for this pandemic, it's nice to have somewhere to dump my anger, and slaughtering Grineer, Corpus, Infested, and Corrupted (with the occasion sentient) has really been helping me stay sane-ish.

Nezha Prime: Yay! My boi gets more gold!
Devstream: ...Take your time. I think a feedback megathread for WF Revised 2020 part 2 may be a double edged sword. You'll probably get a ton of "AUGMENT SLOT PLZ" posts (ignore them), but I have been seeing some great points being brought up in the forums. 
QTCC: Nice!
Tennogen 19: plz give me Hildryn skin <3
Nightwave 3-5: Okay. I think this needs to be addressed in the next devstream (when it's hopefully out), but these Nightwaves are taking way too long. First we had Intermission 2 go on for over seven months. Now we've had four episodes six weeks apart, each (offering maybe about ten minutes of a walking simulator followed by a platforming puzzle with a memory game). The final episode is already over two months out from the last one. The forums are rife with complaints about the glassed enemies (not really difficult as some say, just annoying hearing the same four voice clips over and over). The next Nightwave, if there even is one, needs to be much more structured. If that is not possible, please just bring back alerts, but give them longer timers. Even just replacing alerts with weekly, daily, and hourly quests would be great. But this story is not compelling, it really hasn't gone anywhere, and I doubt the conclusion is really going to have anything of interest for me, outside of that nifty sword. I ran out of steam with Emissary really early on, and only got to like rank 10 with it because I just didn't care. I finished Wolf of Saturn Six, but the story didn't really... tell me anything, other than what I already knew about the villain of it. I know this thread isn't really the place for feedback, but seriously, the brass needs to address the fact that for the past almost 2 years, we've had a clunky, non-interactive "battle pass" that really just sits there.

Seriously, tons of players are capping out their nightwave, and some might even hit the new cap.

Anyway, thanks again for keying us in.

9 hours ago, OniDax said:

Destiny 2 is more successful than Warframe. Destiny 2 has a huge expansion coming out in November, which they are absolutely on track to deliver after they made the decision to delay it. Warframe does need to try. Also, look at the amount of content they have released in this time and what they have coming up. You and I may not enjoy Destiny 2 (I don't enjoy it, personally, but have friends that do), but there is no denying Bungie's success while DE has struggled. Most successful studios have done fine during this pandemic, while DE has struggled, not to mention the fact that DE's struggles with putting out content started well before this pandemic.

Anthem tried, D2 Forsaken, D2 Shadowkeep tried, FF14 tried, Borderlands tried. Yet Warframe still "bussiness as usual"

Also Warframe and D2 have different audiences. Warframe is for casuals and Destiny is for the hardcores.

I'll believe it when I see it. 

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Anthem tried, D2 Forsaken, D2 Shadowkeep tried, FF14 tried, Borderlands tried. Yet Warframe still "bussiness as usual"

Also Warframe and D2 have different audiences. Warframe is for casuals and Destiny is for the hardcores.

If by "business as usual" you mean struggling to put out smaller pieces of content every 3 months, then sure, it's "business as usual." If you'd actually pay attention to something other than Warframe, you'd see plenty of examples of studios who are actually putting out substantial amounts of content during this pandemic. DE's doing the best they can, but don't pretend they're doing better than other studios.

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Not to mention Boongie charges 70 dillidollars for a less than 2 hours campaign. Boongo over there do be sitting on a big big budget. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if Warframe were a 30 dollar game with 20 dollar expansions.

2 hours ago, Gaikki said:

I sometimes wonder what would have happened if Warframe were a 30 dollar game with 20 dollar expansions.

Pretty much the exact same pathethic show as right now, except people wouldn't be using the lame "It's a f2p game" excuse. 

Side note: People still believe Digital Extreme is small indie developer with next to no budget? LOL. 

On 2020-10-24 at 12:07 AM, Gaikki said:

Not to mention Boongie charges 70 dillidollars for a less than 2 hours campaign. Boongo over there do be sitting on a big big budget. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if Warframe were a 30 dollar game with 20 dollar expansions.

No one would buy Warframe, that's what. Look at how much interest there is in Destiny 2 and how little there is in Warframe, despite Bungie charging money for their expansions. It's laughable that you actually think Digital Extremes is more successful than Bungie, the studio behind the infinitely more popular Halo. Look at how many successful, money-making games Bungie has put out and how many failed, critically-rejected games Digital Extremes has put out. Look at the $40-$70 Bungie charges for their once a year expansions, that offer a wealth of playable content and bring in a whole lot of changes, that are released in lieu of an actual sequel, versus Warframe's $250 Founders Pack + $139 Prime Access packs that come out every three months and only offer one Warframe, two weapons, and two or three cosmetic items. Don't talk about how much Bungie charges for their content. And despite DE charging more for their content, Bungie is still more popular and more successful than Digital Extremes. You have no argument here.

@[DE]Rebecca

Will we ever get an ETA for fixes of the Ropalolyst fight? An entire warframe is locked away behind a boss fight that can never be won due to numerous game-breaking bugs. I would love to be able to get Wisp for team play, but unfortunately Ropa decides to just hover up in the sky forever and taunt me. Please let us know in a devstream or a forum post or anything as to what general timeframe fixes could be released in. Its been broken for over a year now. :sadcry:

23 hours ago, Gaikki said:

Simple Warframe will be another basic game which would never see the day after 1 month of play. See how anthem died after 1 month. Same here. Their only saving charm is them being f2p, being able to earn plat in-game and a more than decent community ignoring the forum and reddit minority.

On 2020-10-22 at 1:41 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hello all!

October is ticking away. Today we bring all Tenno an update on what we’re up to behind the scenes is an important way to help you plan the chilly fall days ahead (or warmer days depending where you are)!

We still have quite a bit planned for October - even if city block power outages prevent us from hitting those plans on the exact dates (because working from home wasn’t hard enough as is)! 

First, the big one: Where is the Glassmaker?

All platforms are waiting for that finale, and it’s coming (hold the eye-rolls)! As with all things Nightwave this year, it’s taken a while. We know it. Nora knows we know it. We’ll have the finale out soon, it’ll last long enough to give as many Tenno a chance to play it in the context of the season, then we’ll work our way towards the next steps for Nightwave. As always, we will give you at least 2 weeks heads up before we end Series 3: Glassmaker. 

We are still planning on launching Episode 5 in October - if that changes we’ll let you know. 

Then, Nezha Prime:

A gilded Prince slides into Warframe. Tuesday, October 27, brings you the highly anticipated Nezha Prime Access! Get ready, Tenno! 

TennoGen Round 19, Part 1 on Consoles:

We’d like to verify that we intend to deliver ALL of Round 19 Part 1 to Consoles pending agreements. Stay tuned for launch date details! 

Next Devstream: 

This is a tricky one because we have a few surprises still in store, but ultimately we are in the ‘work before we show more’ stage on some anticipated content (Deimos Arcana, Lavos, Corpus Queenpins, Warframe Revisions overall). We have done several from-home Devstreams and do plan on continuing them as it’s a time we get to connect with everyone in the community in as ‘close to like normal’ circumstances as possible. We are targeting early November for our next home Devstream.  Our Devstreams are a way to have increased transparency and to hang with us Devs for an hour to chat all things Warframe. It's in the spirit of hanging out with the community, but also giving a sneak peek as to what's to come. As a community you’ve been incredibly gracious with the pace changes and hardware issues we’ve had along the way. This year, we are all more familiar with the awkwardness of zoom calls -- we appreciate everyone who tunes in knowing the streams won’t be perfect, but perhaps that’s part of the fun.

And of course, QTCC:

You did it, Tenno! Together we’ve hit our $75,000 campaign goal and have 3 new stretch goals for our Quest to Conquer Cancer this October!

6f5f13f7b0e11a43ee0546cf15c26cd0.jpg 

General ‘Week 32’ notes:

It’s nearing the end of our 32nd week of work from home. In these weeks we’ve accomplished more than any of us expected, from a bumpy Scarlet Spear that received tireless fixes and improvements, to ‘The Deadlock Protocol’. From a Digital TennoCon to a simultaneous release of ‘Heart of Deimos’ less than two months ago. We truly have no idea when to expect ‘business as usual’ to return. There’s no real indication yet, and our safety is our priority. We are getting more and more support to make this remote thing work -- but honestly Tenno, it’s tough. We’re doing our best and identifying what works, and what doesn’t. Thank you for sticking around as we figure that out. 

Simply put, busy times ahead. Stay safe, everyone. 

Digital tennocon was fun

On 2020-10-24 at 10:16 PM, kevoisvevo said:

Simple Warframe will be another basic game which would never see the day after 1 month of play. See how anthem died after 1 month. Same here. Their only saving charm is them being f2p, being able to earn plat in-game and a more than decent community ignoring the forum and reddit minority.

Just out of curiosity, how many hours of playtime do you have?

So with the NW Cap soon be raised, may i know does the accumulated points will instantly added to the new cap or we will loose it? like i have 34000/10000, will the 34000 will be added when the cap raised? And should we keep doing the NW quests even the cap have been reached till they raised it?

32 minutes ago, Manavie86 said:

So with the NW Cap soon be raised, may i know does the accumulated points will instantly added to the new cap or we will loose it? like i have 34000/10000, will the 34000 will be added when the cap raised? And should we keep doing the NW quests even the cap have been reached till they raised it?

Speculation here: If you watch your Nightwave standing after a mission, you'll notice it goes over capacity, like you said you're at 34K/10K. It does this, even if you haven't maxed out. Then when you go into the Nightwave menu, it'll award you accordingly. So, I assume you'll have three new ranks added to your NW standing.

On 2020-10-22 at 8:41 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

TennoGen Round 19, Part 1 on Consoles:

We’d like to verify that we intend to deliver ALL of Round 19 Part 1 to Consoles pending agreements. Stay tuned for launch date details! 

what about items from previous rounds ? we are missing some of round 14 items thats 2 years waiting for a rapier and dagger skins

On 2020-10-22 at 3:04 PM, Sean said:

Please just look into ending Nightwave in its current form.

It simply doesn't work and DE itself has had a bad track record of content that requires consistent updates and maintenance; Nightwave isn't the first in that regard by a long-shot.

• Remove the "story" that ends up not meaning much and is barely remembered.
    • People would rather have things like New War, and other "proper" story content.
  • Remove Nora from Nightwave, she's honestly just annoying and doesn't add anything meaningful.

Just wanted put my two cents in—I disagree with almost all of this. I like Nora, I like the story aspects and would like to see more. The credits vs leveled rewards, I don't really have an opinion on, but removing a vehicle for lore content would be disappointing.

On 2020-10-22 at 8:41 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

... As always, we will give you at least 2 weeks heads up before we end Series 3: Glassmaker. 

We are still planning on launching Episode 5 in October - if that changes we’ll let you know. 

That can't be right, can it?

If they want to give 2 weeks notice, posting this on October 22nd is already a week over due, or did I miss something? Is it October 2021

37 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

That can't be right, can it?

If they want to give 2 weeks notice, posting this on October 22nd is already a week over due, or did I miss something? Is it October 2021

Ehm, they want to release Ep 5 in October

And 2 weeks heads up before NW S03 ends dont have nothing with Ep 5 in October

Archived