Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro is too expensive with negative returns DE

Hashie1000

11 minutes ago, nslay said:

Soma Prime, Prisma Gorgon and Telos Boltor are way way better for Hunter Munitions.

And I disagree... IMO you should be modding Supra Vandal mostly for status. You can make it hybrid, but it really shines most on status.

Hybrid builds are always going to be better than pure status or pure crit builds as long as the weapon has the stats for it, which the Supra Vandal does. You want as many damage multipliers as possible. Also, assault rifles fire so many bullets that you are going to proc status a lot no matter what, so adding more and more status is a waste. Diminishing returns and whatnot.

I implore you to go test this for yourself.

Just now, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Hybrid builds are always going to be better than pure status or pure crit builds as long as the weapon has the stars for it, which the Supra Vandal does. Assault rifles fire so many bullets that you are going to proc status a lot no matter what, so adding more and more status is a waste. Diminishing returns and whatnot.

I implore you to go test this for yourself.

I have and I find Prisma Gorgon, Telos Boltor and Soma Prime to be better weapons. And like you said, you can get 10 stacks of Viral with these 3 weapons pretty easily owing to fire rate on top of exploiting Hunter Munitions better and exploiting higher critical multipliers than Supra Vandal has. The tiered critical damage (which Supra Vandal can't use), higher critical multipliers for these weapons combined with their ability to stack Hunter Munitions more consistently makes them better weapons than Supra Vandal.

5 minutes ago, nslay said:

I have and I find Prisma Gorgon, Telos Boltor and Soma Prime to be better weapons. And like you said, you can get 10 stacks of Viral with these 3 weapons pretty easily owing to fire rate on top of exploiting Hunter Munitions better and exploiting higher critical multipliers than Supra Vandal has. The tiered critical damage (which Supra Vandal can't use), higher critical multipliers for these weapons combined with their ability to stack Hunter Munitions more consistently makes them better weapons than Supra Vandal.

Tiered critical damage which Supra Vandal can’t use? What exactly does this mean? If you’re saying it can’t use point strike, it absolutely can.

The thing you’re not considering here is how many bullets this weapon fires. It doesn’t need very high crit to crit a lot. Same reason it doesn’t need a lot of status chance to proc status a lot.

They’re all great weapons no doubt, but in my experience the Supra is better. And that’s not just my opinion, it’s pretty widely considered the best AR in the game. I think you’re building it wrong, but we can just agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Tiered critical damage which Supra Vandal can’t use? What exactly does this mean? If you’re saying it can’t use point strike, it absolutely can.

The thing you’re not considering here is how many bullets this weapon fires. It doesn’t need very high crit to crit a lot. Same reason it doesn’t need a lot of status chance to proc status a lot.

They’re all great weapons no doubt, but in my experience the Supra is better. And that’s not just my opinion, it’s pretty widely considered the best AR in the game. I think you’re building it wrong, but we can just agree to disagree.

It means that these weapons can easily reach over 100% critical chance and start to do tiered critical damage (so higher than 100% critical chance can do more damage). Soma Prime has a new augment that can even push it upwards to 200%+ critical chance. These numbers are color coded... you have yellow, orange and red crits. You can see more about it here:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Critical_Hit#Crit_Tiers

Yeah I mean... Supra Vandal is OK. I have some other high status rifles like Boltor Prime and Quellor all modded out. They're pretty powerful. I just don't like them as much.

Just now, nslay said:

It means that these weapons can easily reach over 100% critical chance and start to do tiered critical damage (so higher than 100% critical chance can do more damage). Soma Prime has a new augment that can even push it upwards to 200%+ critical chance. These numbers are color coded... you have yellow, orange and red crits. You can see more about it here:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Critical_Hit#Crit_Tiers

Gotcha, yes I am aware of this but just had a brain fart at the terminology. My fault. And I haven’t tried the new Soma augment so I can’t speak to what that does for the weapon.

Just now, nslay said:

Yeah I mean... Supra Vandal is OK. I have some other high status rifles like Boltor Prime and Quellor all modded out. They're pretty powerful. I just don't like them as much.

It’s so much better than OK, but I digress. We can agree to disagree.

7 hours ago, Canach said:

Baro is non-essential and can be accumulated over time. He's expensive because he's got 'special' stuff.

Just don't try to eat it all at once! I usually end up buying 1 or 2 things, no more - and that's been my pace for years.

This is GOLDEN advice, and it pertains to ALL of Warframe content, tbh.   People would be much happier if they didn't try to "beat" everything in a day.

what is it you're trying to buy from Baro? are you a newer Player and thus don't have anything he has to offer and trying to buy everything? yeah, that's going to be expensive, surprise.

buy the things that are most important to you/your progression, then. pick one or a few things and grab more the next time they come around, since within a few months you'll likely see the same Mod/Weapon offered again.

The OP didn't realise they could pick a team mate's reward. That probably explains why they find ducat farming inefficient.

8 hours ago, Hashie1000 said:

secondly if you knew the game you would know i in no manner can choose a team mates reward..

4 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

This is GOLDEN advice, and it pertains to ALL of Warframe content, tbh.   People would be much happier if they didn't try to "beat" everything in a day.

Somehow I quote posted this in my pocket with my phone. But I don't disagree!

On 2020-10-24 at 1:09 AM, nslay said:

It means that these weapons can easily reach over 100% critical chance ...

supra vandal is just as good as prisma gorgon with the same HM-viral build. it's been tested and proven. 

supra vandal has much higher base damage, that's the thing

you can't stack critical chance on any of these weapons to go over 100% cc because of the restrictions of the HM-viral build

As someone with 400k ducats right now, would have a few hundred more if I didn't already have spent the ducats in the past and I want to stay over 1m at one point. Just do Capture and Exterminate fissures. I have no clue on God's Earth to what you are doing if you spent 2 weeks doing fissures and have nothing to show for it.

Only do Capture and Exterminate fissures
If void fissure of any of those 2 do it first bc you get a relic in return
Grab the HIGHEST ducat value item if not a more expensive part then grab it instead
Grab frame parts over weapon parts unless the weapon part is worth more
ONLY GRAB 1 FORMA A DAY, I get so many people saying "Where are all your forma bps" bruh someone say that S#&$ to me one more time actin like I aint know what I am doing
again only grab your 1 daily forma to build an then grab the trash ducat item otherwise in the selection pool
I have no clue where I am going with this but I guess you needed this and maybe others

TIP: Some items are silver but are not actually worth 45 ducats but 15 so make sure to hover all of them to see the ducat value same with gold some are actually 65 ducats and some silver are 65 ducats you just got to make sure what is what

TIP: If you do not know the prices for items download something called WFINFO it is 100% safe to use and you wont get banned, it is an overlay that pops up at the end of a fissure run to show the the ducat and plat value on wf.market and is good for newer people who do not know the trades.

TIP: Grabbing 1 forma a day makes it so you can grab more prime parts but that is only if you do fissure a lot or daily, if you don't you can stack up on forma bps but no real reason to have 300 of them.

TIP: Know your prices and do not turn in things to Baro that are actually worth something, always check wf.market and use WFINFO to know what to grab if you do not know the prices.

36 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

supra vandal is just as good as prisma gorgon with the same HM-viral build. it's been tested and proven. 

supra vandal has much higher base damage, that's the thing

you can't stack critical chance on any of these weapons to go over 100% cc because of the restrictions of the HM-viral build

Without wanting to derail the topic any further, I have made a comparison video of 8 different automatic rifles (including the hybrid Supra Vandal). Enjoy!

Spoiler

The Prisma Gorgon does feel similar to Supra Vandal. I am very surprised by Battacor. I remembered how clunky it was when I built it... but wow! It eclipses all of them by a very large margin! Sorry, I forgot Prisma Grakata.

P.S. You can easily exceed 100% CC with Soma Prime in Viral/HM using Hata-Satya in place of Point Strike. I use this particularly with Gauss infused with Energized Munitions.

On 2020-10-23 at 11:46 AM, Hashie1000 said:

Got to drop these  Baro kiteer prices.

i have littlery done only grinding unlocking relics for baro for two weeks straight everyday  to sell to get Ducats.

barely enough

and nothing else

there is simply just no time for anything else in the game..cant do any other missions on eidelon or fortuna or syndicates or any other  rank climbing

some nightwave achievements takes place while i play 

i have litterly 'put over 200 hours in two weeks

and there is some people that work that would have very little time to achieve this

why is it so expensive.

dont you want us to have the stuff or dont want you for us not to achieve every thing or play all missions..?

can u consider this?

Have you considered... Prime Junk Tenno? At a minimum of 6 x 15 ducats per 12 ducat trade you'd be sitting pretty, fairly rapidly. And if you use your head you could do even better than that, if you're able to buy multiple low value items like Bratons at the current going rate, which are around 80 ducats for only 5 or 6 plat, but the trade off will be fewer trades.

If you're set on farming for them, I suggest trying to do the quick ones, like capture instead of the lengthy ones like survival, unless you're interested in levelling some gear simultaneously.

On 2020-10-24 at 1:46 AM, Hashie1000 said:

I have litterly 'put over 200 hours in two weeks

200 hours = 12,000 min

If you were running survival, let's pretend that's 7min per relic, so that's over 1,700 relics, and if you were only getting 15 ducat parts, that's more than 25k ducats.

If you were running capture or exterminate missions, they're much quicker. So if you can run those missions in 4min, then over 200hrs, that's 45k ducats if you only got 15 ducat rewards.

Ideally, you'd be in squad and selecting the best reward i.e. silver or gold for more ducats. 

It seems highly unlikely you couldn't buy baro's inventory if you had that many ducats.

It's just an early challenge, after a while you'll have everything he has to offer and only get one or two new things every visit. Make sure your not buying stuff you can earn, or buy for less plat than the primes would sell for. 

Pro tip, making plat from good parts and buying bottom price parts for ducats can save you some effort. 

Archived