Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Revisit Workshop

[DE]Connor

37 minutes ago, Nasheim said:

Anything new regarding glaive detonations not benefiting from critical hit chance? As I recall, that was completely borked, explosions don't critically hit no matter what mods you have on.

That was fixed long ago. Unless they broke it again.

please make glaives visible and more familiar in game like the nehza disc

do not make them miniature glaives on the frame arm, make them appear in their normal size and be supported on the waist or back by default, glaives are barely visible and most of them are beautiful

Will the glaive stances be looked as well? Currently the "equipped gun combo chain" is far superior than any combos the stances have. It's fast, hits multiple enemies in a wide area and don't have the Lift status in it (yes, not lifting is take into account to see whether a stance is good or not, you should revisit it as well a.k.a remove from the game).

6 minutes ago, jesusdh said:

Will the glaive stances be looked as well? Currently the "equipped gun combo chain" is far superior than any combos the stances have. It's fast, hits multiple enemies in a wide area and don't have the Lift status in it (yes, not lifting is take into account to see whether a stance is good or not, you should revisit it as well a.k.a remove from the game).

yes, lifting enemies + survivor mission = bad game

Will these changes fix the gun+glaive bug where throwing the glaive will only sometimes let you detonate it?

It's completely random right now if the glaive will let you detonate it.

In glaive+gun mode, there is a spinning ring with spikes that appears around the aiming reticle. And only when that appears will it let you detonate the glaive, otherwise, it will just throw the glaive and "detonating" the glaive will return to you without exploding.

Can't believe i'm writing here. Never posted on forums but this is just too much.

Do you guys even play your game? Seriously. Steve and Scott grab a controller and finish steel path please. You're just not getting it yet.

Right now -  even with these changes - there's absolutely none reason to use glaives instead of slash proc melee spam or heavy hit gunblades.
The thing is, right now, we don't need glaive changes. 
We need actual systems to make use of the variety of weapons and that means 2 things.
ENEMY AI REWORK AND DAMAGE REWORK

Good job on creating those mods  that will never be used.
Just based on damage calculations putting 2 of these mods to get full benefit would make every glaive subpar to other alternatives, so that's a nope on most content on the game because guess what players like to do -> kill stuff fast. Glorified freesbies don't cut it on this department even with these mods unless those numbers go up so yeah - Powercreep again.

Why would we use glaives if there's no actual need to change our combat strategy? glaives are used for ranged combat but guns do that better. On close quarters we can just whack stuff faster and easier with every other melee. what's the point on this rework again? seriously you guys need to play your game this is a horde shooter we just mow down stuff and do it fast, not fancy.

Now on my point.

Damage rework would mean you guys can have a real choice on deciding which elements get scraped. Right now every single build has 4 or 5 mods that are mandatory so there's not much of a choice there. IF you rework damage removing elemental combos and just making every single damage type a mod that frees up space. Make damage weapon attachments that are weapon specific and that way you can actually control which weapons get the damage increase or the multishot or w/e tickles your fancy (game designer for a latin american company so i kinda know what i'm talking on this aspect as balance and viable mechanics are the stuff i'm usually working to make monetization viable games without the pay2win stigma)

Enemy AI rework is needed. Very much needed. We can't ignore the fact that on this game i can stand right next to a sniper and it will miss every single shot or walk right next to enemies and they won't give a damn about it. Wha'ts the point of using long range melee weapons if the enemy won't block or parry an attack? range isn't a thing that affects gameplay here, instead it's a stat to mow down more enemies with one swoop. Melee variety can't exist on warframe solely based on the fact that all weapons are just damage based not utility based like real life melee combat (5th dan kendo btw, kinda know what i'm talking here too since you know -  swords) 

Really used to love the game. Really used to stand right next to all your decisions on even questionable stuff like chat mods, banning for political differences and all that content creator/crappy updates drama last year. But at this point considering THIS rework as a priority instead of listening to things that the community of players -  the old ones that have supported since the beggining -  just proves that you're either really tonedeaf with the playerbase on making fun changes or just don't care at all about players and do the game a la rockstar.

Also a freebie. Wanna fix conclave? Make it operator only. Problem solved and gamemode balanced. Kinda ties in lorewise since teshin and the war within exists.

Would love to see a say twitch stream playing around with this while still in developments so that chat can give feedback live while testing it. Would be amazing to find things that might otherwise bother players, give some interesting ideas that might be implemented and would let us players feel like we're part of this and make it the best game that it can be!

And please post the time this would be scheduled for in advance if this would happen

26 minutes ago, retruekano said:

Can't believe i'm writing here. Never posted on forums but this is just too much.

Do you guys even play your game? Seriously. Steve and Scott grab a controller and finish steel path please. You're just not getting it yet.

Right now -  even with these changes - there's absolutely none reason to use glaives instead of slash proc melee spam or heavy hit gunblades.
The thing is, right now, we don't need glaive changes. 
We need actual systems to make use of the variety of weapons and that means 2 things.
ENEMY AI REWORK AND DAMAGE REWORK

Good job on creating those mods  that will never be used.
Just based on damage calculations putting 2 of these mods to get full benefit would make every glaive subpar to other alternatives, so that's a nope on most content on the game because guess what players like to do -> kill stuff fast. Glorified freesbies don't cut it on this department even with these mods unless those numbers go up so yeah - Powercreep again.

Why would we use glaives if there's no actual need to change our combat strategy? glaives are used for ranged combat but guns do that better. On close quarters we can just whack stuff faster and easier with every other melee. what's the point on this rework again? seriously you guys need to play your game this is a horde shooter we just mow down stuff and do it fast, not fancy.

Now on my point.

Damage rework would mean you guys can have a real choice on deciding which elements get scraped. Right now every single build has 4 or 5 mods that are mandatory so there's not much of a choice there. IF you rework damage removing elemental combos and just making every single damage type a mod that frees up space. Make damage weapon attachments that are weapon specific and that way you can actually control which weapons get the damage increase or the multishot or w/e tickles your fancy (game designer for a latin american company so i kinda know what i'm talking on this aspect as balance and viable mechanics are the stuff i'm usually working to make monetization viable games without the pay2win stigma)

Enemy AI rework is needed. Very much needed. We can't ignore the fact that on this game i can stand right next to a sniper and it will miss every single shot or walk right next to enemies and they won't give a damn about it. Wha'ts the point of using long range melee weapons if the enemy won't block or parry an attack? range isn't a thing that affects gameplay here, instead it's a stat to mow down more enemies with one swoop. Melee variety can't exist on warframe solely based on the fact that all weapons are just damage based not utility based like real life melee combat (5th dan kendo btw, kinda know what i'm talking here too since you know -  swords) 

Really used to love the game. Really used to stand right next to all your decisions on even questionable stuff like chat mods, banning for political differences and all that content creator/crappy updates drama last year. But at this point considering THIS rework as a priority instead of listening to things that the community of players -  the old ones that have supported since the beggining -  just proves that you're either really tonedeaf with the playerbase on making fun changes or just don't care at all about players and do the game a la rockstar.

Also a freebie. Wanna fix conclave? Make it operator only. Problem solved and gamemode balanced. Kinda ties in lorewise since teshin and the war within exists.

yes, I agree with what you wrote

* tougher enemies = fewer enemies on map, less massive killing and fewer processes on the host / server
* improving AI to make enemy resistance squads is interesting and makes game more strategic compared to fragile enemies in a crowd in hordes

criticism: is it to kill mass hordes or do ballet with combo while life support or cryopod is dying?
yes, this was very critical but there are solutions, in this case the combo needs to benefit the player in other ways, the player can do ballet and stage the combo but this needs to benefit the whole environment, stop time, heal the cryopod, slow enemies, increase the lifesuport ...

These are good changes however there are 2 things that haven`t been talked about and I think these needs to be added to glaives.

·       After the first hit, it should be able to seek out and hit enemies more often. The best weapons that does this successfully is Nezha`s 2nd ability, the falcor and the phahd scaffold.

·       When the glaive comes back to you, the glaive should  strike enemies upon its return when you are aiming at enemies with the radical.

These 2 additions will make it consistent in chaining enemies to get multiple hits (like the falcor) and can give a unique way of controlling the glaive when returning to you.

Since this is about melee I'll also put this here.

Archived