Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia PTSD

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Octavia is the only musical Warframe in the game but she literally makes me sick with her boring stationary gameplay and repeated music.

In my opinion she is the worst in terms of having fun, it really shows whenever i try to play i feel like my stomach got a bit sick from all the flashbacks of her gameplay

It doesn't even stop here, her metronome isn't forgiving at all, you can't make a catchy song without failing multiple time to be in sync with it, you have to make a constant repeated note so you can just spam moves and get effects, it's stupid

I don't understand people who don't think she needs rework, like have you played her? Do you realize how sickening it is to play her?

She needs a rework, something in the line of actually letting me play an instrument for combat 

I feel the same. And it's not just the musical and spammy aspect that kills her for me but the fact that all of her abilities are duration based and of course the timer is displayed down on a tiny pictogram.  Which gives me extra headache.

That kind of stuff is problematic already on other frames for me but she just takes it to a whole new level.

I find her to be powerful and pretty good for some very select content (Solo Grendel farm comes to mind, Arbs as well), but I also find her overly convoluted in how she works.

Her base skin is also pretty meh... Her deluxe is even meh-er... And her tennogen skins, despite being good, are not "omg this completely changes my view on the frame" kinds of good. Such an example would be Chroma's base skin (which is pretty fugly) and either his deluxe or prime, or even Inaros on the exact same way. 

Alas, I won't really complain about Octavia, since some player do tend to like all the number crunching and complexity of some parts of Warframe. To each their own, in that regard. 

hace 45 minutos, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk dijo:

It doesn't even stop here, her metronome isn't forgiving at all, you can't make a catchy song without failing multiple time to be in sync with it, you have to make a constant repeated note so you can just spam moves and get effects, it's stupid

That is what i mainly hate about her, why even let her create music when you have to do that to not get destroyed in a couple of seconds.

I understand that this is a minor thing, also i can't hear her music because i lowered the volume of music in warframe, because when you start up warframe there is very loud music. (This last thing is just a problem i have) The good thing of not hearing the music she does is because effective music most of the time sounds bad.

1 hour ago, KleePrime said:

so dont wait around for her roller ball to delete the enemies and play more actively?

also if you want to tryhard fill all the notes so you always hit the beat no matter what your movement.

i don't think you got my point.

i want her abilities to make me active, more interactive abilities that makes me do something more than run around invis

also filling all the notes and listening to them on repeat is why i made this post

2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

I feel the same. And it's not just the musical and spammy aspect that kills her for me but the fact that all of her abilities are duration based and of course the timer is displayed down on a tiny pictogram.  Which gives me extra headache.

That kind of stuff is problematic already on other frames for me but she just takes it to a whole new level.

Honestly I would gladly take a hit to her buff Durations or Power if they made it just take one of the actions to activate them. Just have the progressive buff if you miss the beat, but once you hit it correctly once, you get the entire buff. Just get rid of the decay and only have a positive effect.

I don't really think you can change much else about her kit without reducing her effectiveness, but I think that would at least help a bit for me. I really hate having to stop playing and basically play DDR in the middle of a firefight.

you can disable the sound by lowering the volume to zero thats what i do

as for playstyles... look thats all on you. unless you have a very specific ability in mind, most abilities are passive

use weapons you enjoy more or something idk, her playstyle isn't passive at all imo

I actually took metronome off of mine. I cba with killing my hand tapping to a beat for ages and without metronome I can set up my mandachord with a killer double bass drum and bass riff to listen to.

Let's face it, we only ever use metronome for invisibility anyway and you can get that by helminthing Ivara's Quiver onto her.🤷‍♀️

I can't stand her tbag to win play style. Sure, you can slide attack to proc instead of tbag but it's inconsistent. 

I just dislike casting an ability then having to jump through hoops to get a buff. She is an OP frame with a  braindead semi-afk playstyle that I don't enjoy. 

16 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

She needs a rework, something in the line of actually letting me play an instrument for combat 

Not sure about what could be done with the visual effects, but how about adding a synergy between Shawzin's and Octavia?

While using the Shawzin manually, you could buff Amp and Metronome if you play the song you have slotted correctly.

I like her more after helminth was introduced. Being able to get rid of her rancid rollerball made me happy. Now she plays like a good AoE frame where you can be active and passive as needed. Her music still needs a massive overhaul though. I'd like to see it less tied to the skills and more something that is just there, something that starts playing the moment you use a skill, which triggers all 3 instruments with a single skill use and has a duration equal to your amp. Then whenever a skill is used the duration is refreshed so you can keep it going without effort, no matter if you slot helminth skills or anything else. Heck it could just be part of her passive.

Then her #3 can simply put you in stealth by tapping crouch and add movement speed after you've jumped. Lower the duration of those things drastically since all you need to do is tap crouch or jump to refresh them.

41 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I like her more after helminth was introduced. Being able to get rid of her rancid rollerball made me happy. Now she plays like a good AoE frame where you can be active and passive as needed. Her music still needs a massive overhaul though. I'd like to see it less tied to the skills and more something that is just there, something that starts playing the moment you use a skill, which triggers all 3 instruments with a single skill use and has a duration equal to your amp. Then whenever a skill is used the duration is refreshed so you can keep it going without effort, no matter if you slot helminth skills or anything else. Heck it could just be part of her passive.

Then her #3 can simply put you in stealth by tapping crouch and add movement speed after you've jumped. Lower the duration of those things drastically since all you need to do is tap crouch or jump to refresh them.

These are the exact changes that i asked for when i suggested to rework her way back

I also wanted her to use a guitar as a weapon, not particularly an exalted weapon, just like the dubstep gun from saints row.

Her metronome should work more in line with how The game Bullets per minute make you play

All dreams to be honest, in the end, it's DE choice 

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

These are the exact changes that i asked for when i suggested to rework her way back

I also wanted her to use a guitar as a weapon, not particularly an exalted weapon, just like the dubstep gun from saints row.

Her metronome should work more in line with how The game Bullets per minute make you play

All dreams to be honest, in the end, it's DE choice 

I would love if they gave her a guitar weapon that can be equipped both in the primary and melee slot if you want. A real axe!

Archived