Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any real reason for conclave to stay in the game?

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

A few conclave threads have popped up over the days of what to do with the mode and the most suggested thing is deleting the mode and that got me wondering what's the reason to have conclave anymore?

Conclave is the barren wasteland of the game and everyone knows this so why is it still here? DE has already demonstrated they'll take out content due to low engagement with raids and conclave is a thrilling simulation of what's it's like to stare at a empty lobby. And conclave never was popular to begin with which should be expected cause warframe is a PVE game.

Most of the rewards in conclave as demonstrated with this season's nightwave can be fitted into the main game, hell i bet not until this nightwave people didn't know about those warframe augments. There's weapon stances rotting in the conclave right now and they could really good stances but no one knows.

Raids weren't removed because of low engagement, they were removed because they constantly bugged and had low engagement. In other words, they cost a lot and rewarded little.

Conclave just kind of exists. It has a seperate team that doesn't work on the PvE modes AFAIK, and it's generally not broken. It costs them nothing to keep it in the game, and whilst it's certainly neither easy to get into, or particularly populated, it's still a decently fun time. There's honestly no reason to remove it. Honestly, the stances aren't that great, 90% of it is just PvE animations without any of the upsides.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

I doubt it, there hasn't been any updates to conclave in years it's abandoned 

it will not be conclave it self , but conclave will have some reason to be as training stage

i am a bit sad they dont put PVP mods as rewards in conclave though

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

I doubt it, there hasn't been any updates to conclave in years it's abandoned 

Wrong, Conclave had been improved over the years, DE even created a whole new network system to support those hardcore pvp communities (niche I know, but DE loves niches) based on dedicated servers. The system is fine and if they are going to improve it, I am sure it will be when they have less workload in the "main" game. Abandoned = / = Long-term, stable development (based on future content enhancements that we don't even know they're going to add, a situation we've seen in the past).

This "argument" had been used over and over again and DE had shown again and again that they always eventually came back to that content / ideas.

Let's turn your argument against something I know you like: Umbra frames. There is no real Umbra content or another Umbra frame in years, there is no talk of "Umbra echoes", so it is abandoned? Should Umbra be removed because hardly anyone likes its passive? (I love it!) I don't think so honestly and I feel the same about the conclave...

49 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

and it's generally not broken.

Conclave is very much broken, there are so many weapons that have some special effect which completly throws off the balance it's kind of ridicolous.

But since it is not part of the main game so to speak, DE doesn't care to fix that stuff.

Just now, saghzs said:

Conclave is very much broken, there are so many weapons that have some special effect which completly throws off the balance it's kind of ridicolous.

But since it is not part of the main game so to speak, DE doesn't care to fix that stuff.

Fair, but wrong kind of broken.

When I say broken I mean 'mechanically unplayable', in that it's bugged out to hell to a point where it can't be played.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

you mean literally no updates 

How improving code, adding new weapons to the mode everytime,adding dedicated servers aren't updates? Like, seriously, if youa re going to dismiss that kind of stuff, why even make a thread, just to look for validation or what? Because there is no point on starting a discussion with that mindset...

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It was scrapped basically, People didn't like the way they were going to do it so...

I know, I'm a avid umbra + Operator player (actually just operator) and even if it was for 24 hours and just using the primary weapon, I wanted it but with the prmise of giving feedback to improve the system. Sadly they just never talked about it, wich is sad, but I still have hope...

1 minute ago, saghzs said:

Broken in the sense of bugs, not balance. Conclave is very stable and the most annoying thing for players was the lag and the absence of other players, wich is almsot fixed with the dedicated servers because those players are the one supporting their own community, wich is actually amazing.

35 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

How improving code, adding new weapons to the mode everytime,adding dedicated servers aren't updates? Like, seriously, if youa re going to dismiss that kind of stuff, why even make a thread, just to look for validation or what? Because there is no point on starting a discussion with that mindset...

What's with your mindset? Coming off as the type of person who freaks out over someone playing a character that's the opposite and proceeds to play back alley therapist.

Also adding weapons isn't and update, slapping guns into conclave probably takes no effort to do and those are guns made for pve. Also dedicated servers? For conclave? comedy central omg GIF

okay first we there's no dedicated server in warframe, if there was I'm pretty sure the creeping horror host migration would be myth, second if they had dedicated servers why would you waste that on *&$%ing conclave?! first place for dedicated servers should be the open worlds not a deadass pvp mode that no one plays

Just now, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

What's with your mindset? Coming off as the type of person who freaks out over someone playing a character that's the opposite and proceeds to play back alley therapist.

Also adding weapons isn't and update, slapping guns into conclave probably takes no effort to do and those are guns made for pve. Also dedicated servers? For conclave? comedy central omg GIF

okay first we there's no dedicated server in warframe, if there was I'm pretty sure the creeping horror host migration would be myth, second if they had dedicated servers why would you waste that on *&$%ing conclave?! first place for dedicated servers should be the open worlds not a deadass pvp mode that no one plays

I'm not freaking out, in fact I'm suing stuff you seem to don't be aware that exist. Adding new stuff (cosmetic, functionallity, code) are improvemnts and updates. It's in the word "update" whythey are actually updates. Don't make me copy paste a dictionary definition, please.

And I think you don't understand what a "dedicated server" is... Maybe this thread will help you to understand :)! 

Cheers!

the thing about Conclave is this: it's a benign tumor on the game.

it doesn't do any real harm being where it is, but it's still not pretty to look at, and removing it is a simple enough procedure, but you have to actually want it gone. personally I feel that moving everything from Conclave to Steel path would be a good change, then the mode can either be deleted or just kept for the tiny crowd that still plays it, whatever DE feels is best it's pretty clear at this point DE don't care for Conclave, likely because investing in it - even with a separate conclave only Dev team - means juggling two balance systems; and given how DE tend to struggle with just one (PvE), I'd say they would be doing themselves a favor.

they abandoned balance for Conclave, and look what it turned into: a total mess, to put it lightly, and with only a small team to manage the balancing of the mode, changes would be few and far between, except now they actually don't happen at all, and haven't for years now. there's a lot of pros to just taking the plunge and getting rid of the mode:

- the Conclave devs (if they still exist) can join the main dev team, which means more hands workign on the parts of Warframe people ACTUALLY play.

- more incentives to play Steel path.

- one balancing system for the entire game.

- Universal Medallions can be TRULY universal.

there are more benefits than downsides to removing Conclave, but I'd also be fine with them just keeping the mode as a fun distraction, without having any rewards tied to it. some might say that's a better solution than outright deleting a mode, but I think nothing of value is lost in taking Conclave out back and putting it down. 

3 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

A few conclave threads have popped up over the days of what to do with the mode and the most suggested thing is deleting the mode and that got me wondering what's the reason to have conclave anymore?

There is no reason to still have it...

That said, provided that conclave and it's players aren't impacting PvE, there's really no reason to remove it either as DE appears to be fans of the mode themselves.

Personally? The moment conclavers started delivering demands for additions to the devs and telling the devs "what they'd better not do" it became time to close it up.

After all, they closed raids for less.

Conclave is a great PvP mode for high skill players. Unfortunately, the devs forgot to add skill-based matchmaking and the reward structure strongly incentivized farming new players instead of fighting against your equals. That's a big oops! So, the state of Warframe PvP currently is:

High skill players fight each other in conclave, usually in private matches.

Low skill players fight each other in the forums.

Archived