Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Orphix Venom - Lavos Feedback Megathread (Read First Post)

SilverBones

a part from his 4th Area of effect not including "x" meters below the point of origin ... it's absolutely insane (in a good way)

( tho, i really don't think i'll ever put any helminth ability on him ... not that it's a problem imo)

This:

against grineer

[corrosive passive]+dash "then" [any]+ 3rd "then" [toxin]+4th

against corpus

[magnetic]+dash "then" [any]+ 3rd "then" [toxin]+4th

balanced build with (in order) 179,188,154,130

it absolutely dominates everything ... i don't agree with the sentiment that it's not good against high level enemies.

Very big sad, and this is yet another case of this issue being present:

there is no horizontal control on his 2nd dash ability ... making it feel clunky.

Give us some ( just enought to avoid walls and enemies)

To make his 1st feel less clunky, add a 2 stackable casts ... he basically would attack with 1 snake at a time ... each on thier own cooldown .. we can decide to use 2 in a burst or be more conservative with our dps.

All around, this was a very very successful release experience for me ... he might not dominate a nieche, and troubling is sentients and new enemies being immune to status effects .. to which my desire for his passive to add damage to his weapons would "kinda" fix this issue ... despite this, i don't remember a time i was so comfortable with a newly released frame.

This is yet another Big-Little issure that is everpresent in ... forever ...

WirsYrU.jpg

I ask that IF

- "x" slider can't be implemented as it risks breaking the feel of Warframe ( as wierd as it is, i think WF current player placement is very attractive and unique)

THEN

- implement a toggle-able see-through option when aiming

just like when the camera is near the warframe, that it renders as dithered, this effect would be limited to the area around the crosshair ( 30 percent of screen, based on FOV)

this would preserve the areas of the frame which aren't in the way of  what we are aiming at and we can still enjoy the fashion.

I understand nothing of this at the moment, but a shader that is able to not only dither an entire model to achieve transparency ( like it currently works) but is instead able to do that "in spots", smoothing areas from zero to full transparency .... i think it would be really attractive to look at.

( to be precise  center of screen to 50 percent of area around it full transparency, rest of area  smoothed dither untill 100 percent visible outside the area.

It also paves the way to a "see behind walls" effect ... when you finally decide to make that amazing huntress warframe concept xD ... and replaces the current Enemy radar,

where instead of us having to move our eyes from map to crosshair and back, tiresome and un-immersive,

the game is able to render enemies close to us behind walls with little to no performance cost ( it would be integrated in the basic rendering pass of the textures, no additional pass for each enemy on screen)

Lavos' 2 sometimes can be stopped by the slightest curb and it's annoying. Why not just let it go all the way and only stop if we press 2 again?

Lavos' 3 same as above, it will be stopped by the slightest curb and it's also annoying. I cast it into group of enemies but only to be stopped right in front of me by the slightest curb, wasting my cast and have to wait for the cooldown.

Have put 4 forma into him so far and may even put an umbra forma on him, depending on what changes are made. He is fun to play but could definitely use some tweaks. A lot of what I have to say has already been mentioned but I'll still add my thoughts into the mix. 

Passive

Having to constantly press the same buttons over and over after each and every skill press starts to get annoying/tiring pretty fast, especially if you want an elemental combo. Accidentally pressing the wrong element or holding when we meant to press and then getting stuck with an element we don't want unless we cast a skill also feels kind of bad. The elements should be able to stay active until we choose to change them, and should be able to be overwritten. 

Ophidian Bite

I don't mind having to be on the ground to use it, as it is a nice alternative way to land fast instead of using a ground slam, but think it could use some help in making sure it does hit its target. It feels like sometimes I am missing enemies because I was not attacking at quite the right angle. Having a larger area of effect or perhaps a bit of aim assist on the snakes might make it feel a bit better. 

As for the cooldown, it either needs to be shortened by a couple seconds or given 2-3 charges that have their own cooldowns. 

Vial Rush

Feels good. Just wish we had a bit more control in aiming it once we have started.

Transmutation Probe 

Could last a bit longer or have a slightly shorter cooldown. Perhaps extend its duration based on how many enemies it hits. Having multiple charges would be another option so we could potentially use it first to help boost his 4's damage and then again to help with the cooldown of it.

Catalyze

Should at the very least be able to hit things below it. It has way too long of a cooldown for it to be so easy to be cast too high/low and have it hit no enemies at all. As others have said, give it the Gara's wall treatment. 

I dont think lavos really needs any damage upgrades being able to rotate status effects is amazing as is on an already healthy tanky frame. Though I wouldn't be against more status procs on taking the time to mix elements.

However 2 things lavos really needs. And I mean.. REALLY NEEDS.

Mixing should be tapping ability, ability use should be a short hold. Maybe it's cause I'm using controller on PC but I find myself Running around doing nothing holding to mix elements quickly while enemies just shoot at me going wtf is this nerd doing lol.

His cooldowns are unique I like it. I don't feel like I need to rely on Ability play to play the damn game. With him also having control over all statuses it kinda makes sense that he needs some sort of limit.

Though I have to admit 30 seconds on his 4 seems a bit steep and the cooldown reduction on his 3 is nice for his 1 and 2 while you get your 4 back slightly faster but it's not enough. His 4's cooldown should be reduced to 20 seconds. He needs it back a lil faster to kinda keep up with other frames and still retain what he does.

I personally still love this frame regardless. I have to use my weapons more often and manage my abilities.

TLDR

Lavos Mixings should be tap not hold, Ability use Should be Hold not tap. Make it a lil faster to keep up with the game play.

4 cooldown reduced to 20 seconds.

Possibly more status procs?

He's great. We don't need anymore. We already have a Saryn. Lol.

So, my thoughts on Lavos:

Passive: The mixing part initially is great, but eventually it just becomes tiring and cumbersome. In the heat of battle, holding two buttons after EVERY cast is too much, so i personally thought this could be improved by adding "charges" to it, an example being your next 3 ability casts use the imbued element. The immunity duration should be 10 secs + 5 per additional orb collected in the time frame for more consistency and uptime.

Ophidian Bite: It's a really good ability, but knowing how high level stuff works... Yeah, it falls off hard. Damage scaling with level should be more than enough to solve it, but targeting should also be considered to be improved, since it's clunky and inconsistent.

Vial Rush: It's pretty much his best ability, but i would improve it by increasing the base radius of the vial zones and putting a instance of damage to his front when charging. But most importantly, STEERING. Very often you'll run on walls and obstacles with this ability, so adding a degree of steering would be an appreciated change.

Transmutation Probe: My biggest problem is the fact that the CD reduction is applied per enemy, not per hit as it should be. Plus, lowering it's cooldown would be amazing too, since 10 secs is a bit too restrictive. Maybe make the aiming angle based too to make the targeting less clunkier.

Catalyze: Oh boy, the most problematic and crappy ability. A 30 sec CD does NOT justify how weak this ability feels. Not just it does only hit enemies horizontally (And in a game like Warframe, it ain't happening often, especially considering the SLIGHT verticality difference can mean a hit or not), the damage feels lackluster too without counting that the cast time and projectiles are S L O W. And i don't mean on high level enemies only, i mean it even midgame at around level 40 - 60 enemies. Hell, the "bonus damage per status" is not even that good either because you're FORCED to use his signature shotgun, Cedo, to make it worthwhile. It is in no way impactful enough to justify an "Ultimate" ability, so therefore, it needs to be prioritized for buffs. I personally don't have much ideas to improve it, but maybe making the probes seek out enemies would be a pretty good buff imho, and maybe make them deal damage constantly instead of only once. Outside those, i don't really know much.

I personally enjoyed him a lot when i played him, he has a really solid and powerful kit, but with a lot of space for improvements of course, so i hope he becomes a really good Frame.

He feels clunky and slow and his CDs are not justified.

- the 1 range is too short at base
- the 2 sometimes bugs out and cancels itself. The base range of the vials needs to be a bit higher and like people said it would be nice to steer.
The duration on top the charges seems overkill with the CD too.
- the 3 not starting its CD until it's out of the field feels really bad. It also seems to reduce per enemy hit not per shock instance.
- the 4 is by far the worst offender.  The hitbox of the probes is way too small and seems to have no verticality.
- Mixing makes his gameplay super demanding and the output doesn't justify the work or the CDs being there.

Overall for the amount of work you have to put in and his Cds gating him, you don't feel rewarded at all.
I don't know how His CDs are gonna make him competitive with other frames unless you're dealing a large amount of damage or provide some sort of unique support possibilities compared to them. Enchanting his weapoin with the last mix used could be a good idea to not make the downtime feels so bad and shift all the focus from his abilities needing to make up for the power loss of just not being to spam like other frames.

Lavos took a really cool and interesting concept for a frame and absolutely flushed it down the toilet with cooldowns. Cooldowns have NEVER been fun in games, let alone when my entire kit can be on cooldown and I'm left them holding my $&*^ waiting to be able to participate again. What's the point in a heal if I can't use it when I need it? What's the point in a mobility skill that has a mandatory walking period after each use?

Lavos is absolutely rotting in the mastery fodder pile until cooldowns are either gone, or properly affected by efficiency mods and I can actually play the frame for more than 30% of the mission.

Mixing elements is a pain in the ass but it would at least be tolerable if cooldowns were gone.

I think the cooldowns could do with another balance pass. Catalyze relies on Transmutation Probe if I want it to see more frequent use, while Ophidian Bite has a good chance to miss due to elevations, its short range, and line of sight checks.

For example:

• Ophidian Bite from 8 seconds to 5 seconds. Add a charge-based system that allows Lavos to cast up to 2 bites on separate cooldowns. 1 charge is added after 5 seconds. This is to add more incentive to using bite as a status ability, while not punishing Lavos as much by locking his reactive healing power.
  • Catalyze from 30 seconds to 15 seconds. Since the cooldown only begins after the probes fan out to their max distance, which is always 5 seconds, in reality Lavos has to wait 5 seconds before he should cast Transmutation Probe to reduce the seconds on that 30 seconds cooldown.

Tenno - we are looking at issues with Lavos’ Catalyze Ability having some problems affecting enemies on the vertical plane (above and below the point of casting). This issue is currently being addressed internally, and we are planning on fixing this with a hotfix - hopefully coming very soon!

18 hours ago, diozero2412 said:

bonus damage per status" is not even that good either because you're FORCED to use his signature shotgun, Cedo, to make it worthwhile. It is in no way impactful enough to justify an "Ultimate" ability, so therefore, it needs to be prioritized for buffs.

Your not forced, it doesn’t have to kill every enemy. You can use any other stars weapon for the price if you need them. Not every ultimate need to have:”MAXIMUM DAMAGE OUTPUT!”

19 hours ago, FIDOISHERE said:

Maybe it's cause I'm using controller on PC but I find myself Running around doing nothing holding to mix elements quickly while enemies just shoot at me going wtf is this nerd doing lol.

That’s sounds  like a personal dexterity issue rather than an actual problem 

7 hours ago, Monolake said:

2 is cancelled when you jump

That’s how it’s supposed to work

9 hours ago, anarchy753 said:

Lavos took a really cool and interesting concept for a frame and absolutely flushed it down the toilet with cooldowns. Cooldowns have NEVER been fun in games, let alone when my entire kit can be on cooldown and I'm left them holding my $&*^ waiting to be able to participate again. What's the point in a heal if I can't use it when I need it? What's the point in a mobility skill that has a mandatory walking period after each use?

Lavos is absolutely rotting in the mastery fodder pile until cooldowns are either gone, or properly affected by efficiency mods and I can actually play the frame for more than 30% of the mission.

Mixing elements is a pain in the ass but it would at least be tolerable if cooldowns were gone.

Cooldowns aren’t supposed to be fun, they’re supposed to be fair. That’s how power creep and balancing work. Now they could be reduced and tweaked here and ther but other wise it’s fine

3 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

I think the cooldowns could do with another balance pass. Catalyze relies on Transmutation Probe if I want it to see more frequent use, while Ophidian Bite has a good chance to miss due to elevations, its short range, and line of sight checks.

For example:

• Ophidian Bite from 8 seconds to 5 seconds. Add a charge-based system that allows Lavos to cast up to 2 bites on separate cooldowns. 1 charge is added after 5 seconds. This is to add more incentive to using bite as a status ability, while not punishing Lavos as much by locking his reactive healing power.
  • Catalyze from 30 seconds to 15 seconds. Since the cooldown only begins after the probes fan out to their max distance, which is always 5 seconds, in reality Lavos has to wait 5 seconds before he should cast Transmutation Probe to reduce the seconds on that 30 seconds cooldown.

I see someone else here knows how to balance thing properly 

Lavos is really great. I like this new cooldown system. But his 4th needs fix that you guys just said going to be in a hotfix soon. Also would like some good cooldown reduction with his 3rd 2 sec decrease in cooldown will be good with each enemy hit. But overall please make more frames like lavos. Cooldown system is cool.

11 hours ago, anarchy753 said:

There are other frames without cooldowns. I am simply enjoying him alot. Did steel path easily with it but could be better if they fix his 4th vertical damage. I love this cooldown with powerfull abilities makes me use my gun more often.

He sure need a few tweaks but cooldowns are fun.

So far, loving Lavos. Feels good, effective, with both caster builds and weapon builds. 

A couple small areas that could be improved:

• Valence Block: it's very good, but it's also easy to leave behind energy globes to rot when you're at max duration, then it falls off when you could need it most! :P Would it be OP if he could simply stack globes for duration, without limit? Ie, each globe gives 10 seconds of his trait, and they stack, so if you somehow pick up 10 globes in rapid succession, you could bank 100 seconds of trait. I don't think it would be OP as other warframes have access to essentially permanent duration status immunity , and on demand no less.
  • Mixing Vial: having to use it between every cast is a bit much, and can make him feel clunky, especially in tense moments. Would it be possible to change the Mixing Vial so that the mixture stays indefinitely, but adding a primary element or secondary element (by holding two buttons simultaneously) has the following effect:
    • If you add a primary element, and have no element in the vial, you add that element to the vial.
    • If you add a primary element, and have a primary element in the vial, you change it to a secondary element.
    • If you add a primary element, and have a secondary element in the vial, you overwrite the secondary element with the primary element.
    • If you add a secondary element, and have no element in the vial, you add that element to the vial.
    • If you add a secondary element, and have a primary or secondary element in the vial, you overwrite the the element in the vial with the secondary element.
  • The last thing is, I think, a bug with Vial Dash: I use Sprint Toggle, and after Vial Dashing, the Sprint is automatically toggled off. I have to re-toggle after every Vial Dash, which I do not care for. :P

EDIT: People have mentioned that his damage also starts to fall off in high level tiers. I've seen this myself in Steel Path, where you have to use weapons for the kills (the abilities are good at softening enemies up, though). Two ways that could possibly address this:

• Add level scaling to his attacks. Simple, straight-forward, but also has the potential to turn him into pure ability-caster frame (though you could still see build varieties with negative strength max range builds).
  • Take the bonus damage from Catalyze and put it on all abilities. This would also help reduce the "non-bo" feel of wanting to use his 4 last in an ability rotation, but in reality needing to use it before Probe, so you can get the CD reduction. 
    • Combine this with a slight tweak to Probe's CD reduction mechanics--remove the "once per enemy" limit, so that it reduces CDs by 1 second for every enemy hit per instance of damage--and in the right situations, you could spam Ophidian and Rush, giving it a similar feel to "combo" abilities like Landslide.

As a preface, it is very likely that Lavos is probably going to be my main guy for the next few months despite his kit overall feeling lopsided in strength, with his 1 and 2 being quite competent but 3 and 4 somewhat less so. There's a lot of good here and I really enjoy how Lavos can actually be trusted to counter almost any enemy's resistances to the benefit of your loadout.

General gameplay loop critique: I do not dislike the idea of cooldowns as it's something unique and from the 'he is an Alchemist' standpoint, it feels like good 'downtime' to select the next element(s)- but there is the fact that they seem to be just a bit too long to actually feel 'balanced' in most fights. I have very often found that I can't really do much with Lavos' kit because I'm waiting for either Ophidian Bite or Vial Rush to be ready again- and that I also have absolutely no reason to use Transmutation Probe or Catalyze, for reasons that will be illustrated below which creates a very uncomfortable bottleneck in what I'm trying to do. For what Ophidian Bite does, I don't feel like an 8 second cooldown is reasonable. It's' not a long range ability and even with a lot of range I don't see it being able to easily clear out entire rooms. Giving it a 4 or even 3 second cooldown rather than 8 would make it feel a lot better.

As it currently stands, Transmutation Probe exists solely to make sure my Mausolon never runs out of ammo. The utility aspect here is great, but the ability just doesn't seem to have a use case outside of providing that one specific benefit. As a possible solution: To make a more "this is clearly the Alchemist Warframe"- why not change how the probe moves? "Transmutation Probe" could become "Transmutation Charge", which would be a more precisely hurled (and more explosive) vial which would still have the same effect of turning any ammo or health/energy pickups that are in the AoE to universal variants as well as lowering cooldowns on other recently cast abilities on enemy electrification- but to me it really feels like Lavos should definitely be able to throw MORE GRENADES vials in a more targeted manner in addition to Vial Rush. 8-10 second cooldown here would feel fair if the damage was increased noticeably for imbued and non-imbued cast. I am not concerned about this ability feeling too close to Vauban's 3 because... Well, Vauban can't make Photon Strike hit with any element. And Photon Strike has damage scaling- "Transmutation Charge" wouldn't necessarily.

Catalyze currently has no real use case to me due to an incredible lack of verticality, though I have noticed that if it is cast at close range immediately after you have stuck a lot of enemies in a hallway with Vial Rush, they all die basically instantly which does seem to give Catalyze a potential use, but I've found a Mausolon alt fire usually does the same thing. Addressing the verticality issue as mentioned would be an excellent start, but I feel like it needs 'more'- out of all of Lavos' abilities this is the one that actually does feel the least unique because it seems like a worse and purely horizontal Fire Miasma subject to a travel delay and damage falloff due to probe divergence. The long cooldown, incredible falloff of applied damage when probes move out from eachother and cast time make it very awkward to use, and in general I've had more success with Vial Rush for dealing major AoE damage than Catalyze.

As a tl;dr: Really fun, but feels like I'm 'intended' to cycle through abilities to alleviate cooldowns but I see no real reason to use half his kit because it's undertuned/too specifically designed to rotate through in general use. That should probably be looked at, by making his 3 and 4 more usable primarily but also maybe lowering cooldown on 1. Could be halved and still be unspammable but fair.

Lavos is definitely fun 

But after trying her in SP,  I do have a little opinion about her  

1. Change hold for imbue, press for cast to hold for cast, press for imbue.

It happened that I tend to stand still in the middle of enemies after casting imbued skill then recasting imbue before I can cast another skill. I know double casting like pressing both 1&2 to get viral instantly, but it cost split seconds to imbue and an other split seconds for the animation which is dangerous. So if altered it, only the cast animation is considered, as I believe most people won't be able to imbue while bullet jumping for now, if any please teach me, sempai. 

2. Make the 4th skill animation quicker, or just make her invulnerable when casting. OMG that really takes centuries to cast, man. Even The lotus said in trailer. " Safety first, tenno. Catalyst....." but Lavos's 4th skill is the most dangerous skill to cast. And the vertical portion of her 4 is painful lol. But I have a suggestion for both 3rd and 4th

3. Making 3rd & 4th having a longitude flow from the floor as it's travel. 3rd are always stuck in front of me when I accidentally cast it facing the high ground. Not wall but high ground. Painful... 

4. 4th, leaving a trail like her Vail rush is crucial, I realised that the status duration is there but we do need some time to cast another skill after previous one. As it is cooldown based and I prefer to use mix element , except heat and toxin. So solution from me is, leaving a fiery trail for like 5 seconds? So that after casting imbued 4th, we will still have enough time to use imbued 3rd and other skills. It is just too time limited at this stage. 

5. Great frame, love it. More of these unique frame please, DE. It makes game fresh again. Totally love it. 

Ive tried playing him again and it really hurts my fingers, too much hold controls to set up anything and his skills already need to be combined all the time - it really puts a lot of strain, it becomes frustrating.  I disapprove the 'game plays' itself octavias and monkebots but this is the opposite end of extreme where too much keypress input is required to use frame abilities, and not like it achieves anything amazing either, where other frames can do better with just couple casts.

Make elements remain and not reset on cast every time - this is needed to save Lavos playability.  You would still need to combo skills and switch elements around for tougher enemies, but at least it wont be every single cast becoming a finger-torture in 10 minutes. (for the record I have press/hold swapped in control settings, it still doesn't solve this issue, only alleviates it)

After playing Lavos for a little while I have to say he is a rather balanced frame when it comes to their stats, but a few of  his abilities could use a few tweaks to make them easier to work with.

Passive: Situational status immunity is a great passive for a tank, and his elemental mechanics are less cumbersome then I thought they would (console may have some difficulties with this). The only comment I have with this is to make it so you can swap the element when you have one already active. Sometimes I make a element I don't want on accident and it would be nice to not have to use a ability to reset it. 

1st Ability: Like many others have said it can't hit vertically very well. Unless I am on a flat area it will not hit higher or lower then me.

2nd Ability: Perfectly fine in my opinion. 

3rd Ability:  While the three seconds is fine with the speed it travels it would be nice to at least have it scale with duration.

4th Ability: Damage isn't a issue here, it's how it hits enemies. The drones are slow and can't hit anything below it. Since the drones can't travel up or below terrain this becomes a issue in allot of areas. Give the drones some flexibility with striking above and below it. A simple solution would just to give the drones a greater range vertically. 

Other Comments:

• I currently don't like how efficiency effects Lavos, it doesn't feel significant enough to warrant modding with it. Maybe make it reduce the cooldown of all of his abilities, even if the scaling is small. This may make his cooldowns a little too fast with his 3rd applying cooldown reduction, so it would be good to either nerf the base cooldown reduction it gives per hit or make it only apply to his 4. 

9 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Tenno - we are looking at issues with Lavos’ Catalyze Ability having some problems affecting enemies on the vertical plane (above and below the point of casting). This issue is currently being addressed internally, and we are planning on fixing this with a hotfix - hopefully coming very soon!

Two more bugs to look at:

Skill rank ups seem to be decreasing the duration of Transmutation Probe. ...Could the mistake here be that you guys accidentally mixed up the cooldown with the duration? Would make sense for the cooldown to decrease with level, duration on the other hand... Not so much.

Vial Rush is untoggling sprint. Given this is his mobility skill, this is kinda bad.

----------------

Can I make a suggestion? Have his elemental mix mechanic prepare several charges, scaling with power strength. Say, 1 extra charge per +30% strength. ...Maybe more, I just picked that number because it's what intensify gives. But it really feels like this would help his ability combos.

Also, it really would help if all of his abilities got some extra scaling. If he can't rely on spamming a powerful attack or two, he needs some way of scaling his abilities. The reality of Warframe is this: In the current game, a frame focused on status just doesn't compare to stuff like Nezha's chakram or even Molecular Prime, simply because they can stack with status, whereas Lavos has no way to...

...Actually, there's an idea. What if Lavos' passive allowed him to stack more than the normal amount of status? And damaging status like gas, toxic, electric, etc, apply their status effects at twice the normal power?  ...Maybe even allow him to do stuff like completely remove armor again with Corrosive. Frames like Vauban can do this with their abilities and it makes them uniquely valuable as debuffers.

Also, you missed an opportunity to add vials of random status inducing liquid as a secondary weapon, in the kunai category. Zero crit, absurdly high status. I'm just saying, you already have the models for the vials, sssoooo...

1. Ophidian Bite - Difficult to hit enemies because of low range. +1 meter maybe.

2. Vial Rush - Range 30m is too high compared to other abilities. Range should be same as 4th Catalyze which is 25m. Then it feels much better of adding enemies additional elements to use 4th ability without sliding too far off the map.

3. Transmutation Probe - Range is bit small to hit enemies properly unless they all in tight corridor, maybe +1 extra meter would be nice. Duration of probe, 3 seconds (at low rank it has 6s / 8s /8s /3s  cooldown) , is very low, specially if u stop the probe and enemies wont even get near to give any cd reduce. Cooldown should also start when u cast ability, not when its duration finishes, which means cooldown is 13s not 10 and if duration would be longer then it would be 10 + 8s example, 18s. This ability does feel little off with synergy. Would make more sense using it to add extra status elements , to prepare for 4th ability extra damage like 1 toxic 2 cold 3 electricity and then 4th fire. 

>My thoughts of solution to this would be having this ability cooldown be fixed 10s, duration 5-7s on probe. So once u use Catalyze, its cooldown 30s starts and when probe hits enemy during that 5-7 second of Probe duration, it will reduce cooldown of Catalyze right away to 25s or 20s depending how many enemies it hits.

4. Catalyze - is ok other than that cooldown starts after duration ends so about total 35s not 30s. And also during that extra 5s u cant reduce its cooldown it seems. 

>Duration and Efficency mods are pretty much useless on Lavos which is kind of bad. Efficency mods should reduce cooldowns on abilities. So at at 175 efficency Ophidian Bite would have 8s->6s , Vial Rush  5s->4s, Transmutation Probe 10s->8s, Catalyze 30s->25s cooldown.

Duration mods should affect maybe also increase Transmutation Probe duration, to be more useful.

Those are my thoughts. Wish u all best and enjoy christmas.

Build. Very pleasant to use warframe, especially with the free Roar rhino. Here's what I'd like to improve on Lavos:

- using 1 Ab in the air
- increase in the vertical radius of 4 Ab by ~ 3 meters
- make a system of remembering the last status when using each ability. If I used fire with 1 Ab - next time if I did not have the status of the ability, use fire with 1 Ab again. You can make the last status icons above the ability icons.
- let 3 Ab can rollback up to 70% of its rollback duration. (Usually 10 seconds, min 3 seconds)
- the radius of the track 2 Ab should be increased

Im likeing Lavos over all, and the timer mechanic is interesting (side note, i'll take a mod that negates energy use but gives cooldowns based on energy cost for other warframes. That'd be fun) but i feel that Transmutation Probe should be his 1st ability, with a lower cooldown. The other abilities would be bumped up a position, with similar increases to cooldowns and perhaps a buff, but it would allow the use of Transmutation probe to be more central to the frame.

As it is at the moment, the only ability that Transmutation Probe is worth casting for is Catalyze, and the probe has such a long cooldown that you want to save it, not gaining the benifits ot the abilities transmutation.

1) Elemental type shouldn't be consumed after casting ability.

2) Add overwriting of the current combined elemental type with just usual (toxin / cold / electric / head) if you hold button (1 / 2 / 3 / 4) again.

Biggest issue when playing Lavos is that you have to waste 2 second (or ~1 if you can hold 2 buttons at the same time, but loose mobility) to combine elemental type on frame based around cooldowns. And if you combined wrong elemental type - have to waste cooldown of 1 ability then infuse correct elemental type.

So Transmutation Probe was "fixed" by nerfing the duration of lower ranks, his 2 is still resetting sprint, and the vertical change to his 4... Well, it helps, but it's still lackluster at best.

This is what I'm having a problem with: Where exactly is Lavos supposed to fit in Warframe? He's worse at everything he does than another frame. Ember does the whole durable AoE DoTs and debuffs better, Nezha's a better tanky skirmisher and has one of the strongest damage amp debuffs in the game, Saryn is... Well, at least she stomps the Starchart better, but she's actually running into the same problems with scaling and armor that Lavos is, possibly even a little worse because she lacks Lavos' durability.

So I guess the new thing with late game Warframe is that status focused frames intentionally scale badly, because they're "debuffers?" That pretty much permanently puts frames like Nezha, Ember, Vauban, etc, on a pedestal. Eh, oh well, I guess I should have seen this coming when corrosive and gas were nerfed through the floor.

Archived