Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

we need more updates like orphix venom, not only a good event its a fusion of between good progression with rewarding drop rates

Timothy_Mark

seriously this is the first time ive had an event or an update that had not only fun mechanics because you know NECRAMECHS, but also its actually rewarding for the progression, good drop rates, and if you cant get whatever item you want due to bad luck then just buy it with whatever currency you earned which are phasic cells, by having more updates with slow but steady path mechanics like this then bloody hell warframe would be alot more fun than ever when trying to get rare items and resources than ya know isolation vaults and trying to get shedu parts along with a couple of other many hideous to grind for things, DE im glad you made this update, im glad i had more fun in the past 2 days with this update than the past 2 months when heart of deimos came out, if you keep up this type of route in terms of making content and having mechanics that both fuse rewarding RNG and having a currency that you can use to buy whatever you need, then bloody hell alot of people will come back to the game and lot of people will enjoy it unlike before! 

I'm going to have to disagree here for two main reasons. 

Firstly, Platinum (and for Prime Access: money) is the currency in which you can use to bypass the associated time investment of gaining an item. The mechanics within Orphix Venom are not new, and are only heavily praised for not requiring Platinum or money, but it still requires time. The mechanic is nice don't get me wrong, but it already exists throughout the game.

Furthermore, this update is not exceptional or exemplary of what a good update is. A good update is The Jovian Concord, The Second Dream, and The Plains of Eidolon. An update that is Warframe at the core and makes you feel like the base Warframe experience has been enhanced. An update that intrigues you to use your equipment and progress the update while learning new tools that accompany existing ones to interact with any new mechanics at the heart of the game. Orphix Venom does none of this. Nothing in your Arsenal besides your Necramech, Operator, or Arch-Gun matter. Anything that does could technically be argued as exploiting the event, exploiting the mission, and breaking terms of service. That's the truth. Is it silly? Of course it is. Currently any oversights would be the only real fun or influence the player has on the mission at all. That is why I just stated that. It is silly for a Warframe update with a Warframe Operation to restrict you from using a majority, if not all of your Warframe gear, Warframe mods, and Warframe account progression.

I cannot agree that this update has much of anything that should be used in the future as a template for updates.

I agree with most of your points. Is good to see positive feedback in the sea of negativity that us the warframe forums.

A couple of things that could had been done better in my opinion, would be the time in between each orphix spawn being a bit too long, and the rental necramechs being overall weak when enemies hit lvl 60 on endurance.

Unfortunately there's someone above me who is just not happy with anything in the game and has been a bit too grumpy over the last few months.

We get it, you not happy, but hey, the event is about necramechs, necramechs are basically a crude and basic version of a warframe, your operator goes in right? And you can mod it like a warframe right? Game changes, we adapt.

32 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Unfortunately there's someone above me who is just not happy with anything in the game and has been a bit too grumpy over the last few months.

Eh, okay? So because a person doesn't praise literally everything it makes him "not happy with anything"? That's what people say when they want to discredit someone for something irrelevant just because you ran out of arguments. In case you missed it, i'll quote it for ya:

40 minutes ago, Voltage said:

A good update is The Jovian Concord, The Second Dream, and The Plains of Eidolon. An update that is Warframe at the core and makes you feel like the base Warframe experience has been enhanced. An update that intrigues you to use your equipment and progress the update while learning new tools that accompany existing ones to interact with any new mechanics at the heart of the game.

Doesn't look like "being not happy with anything" to me. They even explained why.

And i wanna add to them and say that it's not just the fact that it basically makes most of your equipment moot, the Necramech gameplay is very similar to the Warframe experience except it's inferior. slower, clunky movement, limited parkour capabilities and stamina is back. It feels like you're playing some sort of old alpha version of a warframe AFTER knowing how the full and stable version is playing. Not very fun. And when i think of how both 2 Necramechs could've possibly been 2 new Warframes instead, it does upset me.

You can argue how K-Drive, fishing, mining etc. doesn't fit into the game or how it is not "Warframe". But fact of the matter is, these things are at least unique and not some watered down version of what we already have.

At least somebody is happy about something. What a breath of fresh air in these forums filled with complaints, hates, disdains, regrets, and disappointments. 

I'm not entirely agree with you, but yeah this is much better than isolation vaults. I'll drink to that.

35 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

To be honest, at this point I'm just tired of these people. Not especially him, just "them" in general. So please don't get offended, Voltage. Although i might give pretty good reason to. Sorry.

I know at heart they're just honest players like us who tries to construct some constructive criticism to make the game better. For our own sake. But the way this forum shapes people's opinion... It's just "be as annoyed at DE as you can and complain about everything that you can think of".

It's not healthy to be that mad at a game that you're still playing. It's like hating everything about your girlfriend yet you haven't just break up already.

Seriously, break up already. Be a happier person. Play cyberpunk or something else.

The RNG aspect of grind being taken away has all cheers, who knew

anyway, the reward system is pretty neat with this update but that's about all i agree on. I get it that this event was made to test necramechs in regular mission tilesets and hope the devs get some useful info out of this because i hope this doesn't repeat.

Not being able to use the equipment and frames that you tailored for years to fit your playstyle being made useless is a big turn off for me ngl.

Better duck out before i get cabbages thrown at me 

I do agree that it is a pleasant change of pace to not be dependent on either RNG or time sunk (or how much of my wallet i want to open) and be a combination of both.

But at the same time i will not disregard the concerns raised that it is heavy handed in its method of limiting the arsenal of the players.

This honestly reminds me of the 2013 days where you had a limited arsenal , mods, mechanics and mobility. Feels like we have come full circle now.

I definitely enjoy this , but i enjoy most gamemodes where i am not paired with some cheese worshipping number chaser so that might be the reason,

but it is not really Warframe as i know it - its a different game just like Empyrean/ railjack in its essence is a different game.

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

An update that is Warframe at the core and makes you feel like the base Warframe experience has been enhanced. An update that intrigues you to use your equipment and progress the update while learning new tools that accompany existing ones to interact with any new mechanics at the heart of the game. Orphix Venom does none of this.

It's not hard to figure out what the rules would need to be to allow Warframes inside the Orphix zones: abilities are nullified, health slowly drains, movement is impaired... So we'd all have to play Inaros because he's the only one that would do anything, and we'd walk in and oneshot the Orphix with our Rubicos or Zaws or whatever and complain that we have to sit around for 2 minutes waiting for new ones to spawn in. If we could use our Warframes it'd turn into Operation: Inaros Venom, just like the last event turned into Operation: Scarlet Limbo. It'd be boring and lame.

And while the Necramechs don't really expand any existing mechanics, neither do new Warframes. Necramechs are really just big, heavy Warframes and they fill the exact same role in the game: to provide a tool to further the player's combat. And I think they do that very well; they're fun to use and unlike Railjack or Archwing or K-Drives I actually like using my Necramech. They don't need to be some grand evolution of the game, being another weapon to use is fine.

As far as the event is concerned, it's fun, rewarding to play, and properly paced for once. There are small problems like with any update, but overall DE did a really good job this time.

Praise for the reward system indeed.

The gameplay didn't feel right for me though. I think it's too early to make an event so heavily dependant on the Necramechs. Railjack was more fleshed out and bug fixed when Scarlet Spear was released + Scarlet Spear tied together many system.

Necramechs are cool but after I've used them in normal tileset I can say I do not enjoy using them indoors, only because they are so big and their mobility options does not feel right for the area. Some tileset are better than other like Jupiter. Grineer Galleons not so much.

Encourage players to use Necramechs, do not force it onto players. Design the enemies, obstacles, warframe and necramechs so they have something they excel at in the big picture. Right now a mech is just another frame to me.

2 hours ago, Yakhul said:

I agree with most of your points. Is good to see positive feedback in the sea of negativity that us the warframe forums.

A couple of things that could had been done better in my opinion, would be the time in between each orphix spawn being a bit too long, and the rental necramechs being overall weak when enemies hit lvl 60 on endurance.

We get it, you not happy, but hey, the event is about necramechs, necramechs are basically a crude and basic version of a warframe, your operator goes in right? And you can mod it like a warframe right? Game changes, we adapt.

so agree with this.

lore wise, sentient have ballas and the lotus now, they lost against our warframe in the old war, and again in the scarlet spear, of course they now tries to disable our warframe where most of our arsenal comes from. remember fellas, sentient is "ADAPTING" and the Tenno should adapt to changes as well.

25 minutes ago, Liljeman said:

Encourage players to use Necramechs, do not force it onto players.

The entire point of the event is to test necramechs in regular missions. That's why it tests them in different tilesets every time (Jupiter and Grinner Ship for most part)

Tell me, if warframes were allowed on the event, then no one would use necramechs at all. DE would get no information on where a necramech could get stuck, or where animations causes too much problems, because no one would be using them to know.

6 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

The entire point of the event is to test necramechs in regular missions. That's why it tests them in different tilesets every time (Jupiter and Grinner Ship for most part)

Yes, it's good they are testing it. That is why I gave my opinion on it after I've played around with it. Don't get me wrong I'm not opposed to allowing mechs in all missions. If people want them add them. However for me to use them the tilesets or the mechs need to change how movement and size is interacting between them.

7 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Tell me, if warframes were allowed on the event, then no one would use necramechs at all. DE would get no information on where a necramech could get stuck, or where animations causes too much problems, because no one would be using them to know.

That's true, which would be bad for the information gathering.

Now you tell me, if mechs were allowed in normal missions why would people use them there if they wouldn't use them in the event?

What I want is mechs to be something more than just another combat suit.

48 minutes ago, Liljeman said:

Now you tell me, if mechs were allowed in normal missions why would people use them there if they wouldn't use them in the event?

What I want is mechs to be something more than just another combat suit.

I don't think we should see what use they have, instead, we should see what use they'll create:

People often said they had no use in open worlds when they were first teased in tennocon, until someone took down an eidolon with it, or went on ahead to test its endurance against an Orb. Against the profit Taker, you have a mouselon, a weapon that has a Gravimag preinstalled and is literally given away for free.

To this day, it would appear people still don't know that K-Drives are the fastest method of transportation in deimos vaults. Now they even let you use your secondary weapons on it.

I do not think the use of a necramech will become apparent until players actually gets to use them, and perhaps only then will DE expand their uses, like K-Drives and Archwings had.

Heck, look at CSGO. When Valve dropped the price of the SG and the AUG by an insignificant amount of money, players started using them and actually realised that the SG and AUG were simply better weapons than the AKs and M4s. Even when valve REVERTED the price change, AUGs and SGs were still popular, and still used.

I'd like to think that we, as players, are not as objective as we'd like to think we are. People rather stick to methods they are more familiar with, and popularity simply followed suite.

At this very moment, look at where they are now at a glance. They are the cheapest source of high damage output. No 1000 plat rivens, no primed weapons, no "warframe-that-needs-corrupted-mods-for-300%-power-strength" buff. It alone can take down a Eidolon-Limb without any of them.

Even if we consider their Market Value, Voidrig is 375 plat (Mouselon included). Whereas buying a riven, a damage-buffing warframe, and a primed weapon all accumulates to a price well over 1000 plat unless you find an extremely generous tenno at trade chat.

TLDR: (though I'd still ask you to read the whole thing)
Yes, as of right now, they are another combat suit, but I doubt players won't find creative ways to use them should they truly be able to use them in normal missions. We are also due for an incoming Warframe Revised again in 2021. For now, declaring what use they will have is perhaps too early for me (or anyone else for that matter) to call.

It would be a lot better if it wasn't a buggy mess. The run I just did we had 2/4 players with bugged out mechs for more half the run. Can't cast abilities in mech or switch to operator. 

It worked because we could just focus on resonators and let the other 2 players dps but it's not an enjoyable experience to be stuck in operator 75% of the time. 

you can't even speed it up. fixed spawn timers removing any matter, it's just a 54 minutes mobile defense. no reward for being better and no punish for being bad is kinda misconception on how game design should be.

whole this event is one more great example how de doesn't care about your time. it's like 3 minutes vault bounty timer which luckily gone, except now we have 54 minutes.

players being happy for de devalue their time and treat em like a pleb is kinda special sort of masochism. you can enjoy it i ain't judge, but that's certainly should not be normal.

that's one of those cases when fully revert everything and remove it from the game could be the best fixing patch.

Orphix Venom is great, but nothing ground-breaking.

You have more than one way to get nice rewards, either from drops (RNG) or with the cells (No RNG). It's also better than Scarlet Spear, because you don't have to wait in your server instance for Murex to deplete/3 hours to get your event currency. You get them right after extraction, which is a very significant change. 

Concerning the whole "equipment limitation" issue some people have, the whole point of the event is to test out the Mechs for universal deployment (literally says so in patch notes).

18 hours ago, Voltage said:

I'm going to have to disagree here for two main reasons. 

Firstly, Platinum (and for Prime Access: money) is the currency in which you can use to bypass the associated time investment of gaining an item. The mechanics within Orphix Venom are not new, and are only heavily praised for not requiring Platinum or money, but it still requires time. The mechanic is nice don't get me wrong, but it already exists throughout the game.

Furthermore, this update is not exceptional or exemplary of what a good update is. A good update is The Jovian Concord, The Second Dream, and The Plains of Eidolon. An update that is Warframe at the core and makes you feel like the base Warframe experience has been enhanced. An update that intrigues you to use your equipment and progress the update while learning new tools that accompany existing ones to interact with any new mechanics at the heart of the game. Orphix Venom does none of this. Nothing in your Arsenal besides your Necramech, Operator, or Arch-Gun matter. Anything that does could technically be argued as exploiting the event, exploiting the mission, and breaking terms of service. That's the truth. Is it silly? Of course it is. Currently any oversights would be the only real fun or influence the player has on the mission at all. That is why I just stated that. It is silly for a Warframe update with a Warframe Operation to restrict you from using a majority, if not all of your Warframe gear, Warframe mods, and Warframe account progression.

I cannot agree that this update has much of anything that should be used in the future as a template for updates.

you got some really good points no bloody doubt about it but this you said "I cannot agree that this update has much of anything that should be used in the future as a template for updates." is why i made this post, they need to add more updates like this because its rewarding for our time ya know

18 hours ago, Yakhul said:

saem! 

18 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Eh, okay? So because a person doesn't praise literally everything it makes him "not happy with anything"? That's what people say when they want to discredit someone for something irrelevant just because you ran out of arguments. In case you missed it, i'll quote it for ya:

Doesn't look like "being not happy with anything" to me. They even explained why.

And i wanna add to them and say that it's not just the fact that it basically makes most of your equipment moot, the Necramech gameplay is very similar to the Warframe experience except it's inferior. slower, clunky movement, limited parkour capabilities and stamina is back. It feels like you're playing some sort of old alpha version of a warframe AFTER knowing how the full and stable version is playing. Not very fun. And when i think of how both 2 Necramechs could've possibly been 2 new Warframes instead, it does upset me.

You can argue how K-Drive, fishing, mining etc. doesn't fit into the game or how it is not "Warframe". But fact of the matter is, these things are at least unique and not some watered down version of what we already have.

i fully agree 

16 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I do agree that it is a pleasant change of pace to not be dependent on either RNG or time sunk (or how much of my wallet i want to open) and be a combination of both.

But at the same time i will not disregard the concerns raised that it is heavy handed in its method of limiting the arsenal of the players.

This honestly reminds me of the 2013 days where you had a limited arsenal , mods, mechanics and mobility. Feels like we have come full circle now.

I definitely enjoy this , but i enjoy most gamemodes where i am not paired with some cheese worshipping number chaser so that might be the reason,

but it is not really Warframe as i know it - its a different game just like Empyrean/ railjack in its essence is a different game.

i agree alot, i wanna use my fricking equipment to

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Radagosh:

locking you into necramechs isn't my cup of tea, however, their reward distribution is something that needs to be praised, as it's the first time you actually have a pity system in place. More of this please.

its very different. but its possible

It's good because  new players need Guardian, Grace and Energize and others. These items are important for opening the game up to surviving which equals actually staying in a mission longer. 

When I was newer I understood the system but didn't have the experience to last long against certain higher level enemies. 

We need to bring up the lower rung of players so they don't feel like this game is super omg hard. 

Archived