Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The update.

BDMblue

Big download so I guess we are getting the new lich and crew on the 29th. 

Who's excited?

:D

What extra things we don’t know about yet do you think they added?

Orrrr am I 100% wrong and we got a disappointing yet needed game engine improvement type update? 

:(

7 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

am I 100% wrong

120% wrong in fact.

You reached levels of being wrong that shouldn't even be possible.

There are patch notes here. In a dedicated subforum. Which you can "subscribe" to, in order to get a notification here everytime they post these notes.

One would assume that doing so might prevent people from getting their hopes up like this.

We probably won't see the Liches and Crew until the end of februrary.

8 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

Regarding the update I didn't notice any graphic or sound improvements ...

the thread megan posted has a slider image so you can compare before and after

it's small but they removed jagged edges around things like eyes

they also did a lot of stuff to make the game "smaller" or something

Ok so now that that’s out of the way let’s be real. A 6 GB update to improve Xbox connection... ya. After a moved Dev stream... Come on guys.

They are just going to do the same thing they did with deimos. We stand in the place see the things then the update pops. The update that unlocks the content any any last minute changes.

Anyway lets get back on topic to what we expect. What extras can we get?

33 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

Ok so now that that’s out of the way let’s be real. A 6 GB update to improve Xbox connection... ya. After a moved Dev stream... Come on guys.

They are just going to do the same thing they did with deimos. We stand in the place see the things then the update pops. The update that unlocks the content any any last minute changes.

Lets address this all.

The dev stream wasn't moved it was just announced to be on that date. They would have announced it regardless as it is the first of the year, and they always announce dev streams before hand, this one was just earlier cause of the dev stream schedule changes and it you know being the first of the year. 

We have no indication of that happening again, you can think that all you want I guess.

You are the one trying to pull the topic back to your fantasies, they give us patch notes to explain it all, this isn't even the first big patch in the ensmalling process.

10 hours ago, BDMblue said:

I feel like you're setting yourself up for a HUGE disappointment. literally all the update was is more "ensmallening", because DE are in the process of making the game Smaller by changing the way parts of the texture mapping and audio files work. 

if I had to guess, PC will get a better look at their next update on the Devstream, but won't see it until early-mid February. Consoles won't receive another update until late February, possible a couple days into March, given the size of the Lich and Railjack updates. and that IMO, is still me being a bit hopeful. 

10 hours ago, BDMblue said:

Bruh. Read the patch notes.

En 25/1/2021 a las 20:53, BDMblue dijo:

Orrrr am I 100% wrong and we got a disappointing yet needed game engine improvement type update? 

En 25/1/2021 a las 20:58, MinecraftGangsta dijo:

you are 100% wrong

En 25/1/2021 a las 21:04, o0Despair0o dijo:

120% wrong in fact.

It appears that OP is not that wrong...

I'm not expecting nor saying anything but afair this kind of things happens when something big is near.

6 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

It appears that OP is not that wrong...

I'm not expecting nor saying anything but afair this kind of things happens when something big is near.

Server maintenance shouldn't be indicative of anything as they also just updated some network code specifically for PC and Xbox and this could be part of that roll-out. Otherwise why else is PS left out of the maintenance?

Plus they shouldn't need to do maintenance beyond a normal update in order to do another Relay preview considering the tech to do that is already in the game.

hace 19 minutos, trst dijo:

Server maintenance shouldn't be indicative of anything as they also just updated some network code specifically for PC and Xbox and this could be part of that roll-out. Otherwise why else is PS left out of the maintenance?

Plus they shouldn't need to do maintenance beyond a normal update in order to do another Relay preview considering the tech to do that is already in the game.

Couldn't find the post of the network improvement lol but if I remember correctly it was only for xbox since it didn't said anything about PC.

Anyways, they don't need to do a server maintenance to show something in the relay but they usually do it when a big update is near. So Xbox just got a new network "upgrade", maybe PC will get an update SOONTM and since consoles are in the middle of an event, PS and Switch maintenance won't be required because PC gets the update months before them and (afaik) only Xbox recieved the network upgrade.

25 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

Couldn't find the post of the network improvement lol but if I remember correctly it was only for xbox since it didn't said anything about PC.

Anyways, they don't need to do a server maintenance to show something in the relay but they usually do it when a big update is near. So Xbox just got a new network "upgrade", maybe PC will get an update SOONTM and since consoles are in the middle of an event, PS and Switch maintenance won't be required because PC gets the update months before them and (afaik) only Xbox recieved the network upgrade.

Even if it's specifically for Xbox it was being tested on the Test Cluster and is now being tested live in the current PC build.

On 2021-01-25 at 10:31 AM, [DE]Megan said:

DTLS Roll-Out

We are testing some new network code out in this Hotfix. Even though we’ve tested it extensively on the Test Cluster we need more coverage!

The primary goal of these changes is to improve networking for Xbox players by replacing some proprietary network code; when these changes make it to Xbox they will enable our automatic proxy service that already helps players with Strict NAT and other network problems on other platforms (this is something we’ve wanted to get to Xbox players for a long time).

The added advantage of this new code is that it should be more secure and more robust on networks that corrupt network packets (we already defend against this to some degree but the new code is more thorough). This won’t make your ping any better but if something is mangling network packets we might be able to avoid it causing bugs in the game.

There just doesn't seem to be any indicators going on about there being some surprise DE is preparing for live. The server maintenance can be explained with the network code and the size of the last patch despite not having new content is still in-line with the previous ensmallening patches. Maybe there is which would be a neat surprise but there isn't much anything here to start getting hopes up for it.

Archived