Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No reworking Octavia with her prime? :(

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

On 2021-01-29 at 6:54 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I had hopes, but i should've expected nothing more than just a typical prime release routine, it's the DE way.

Look at her, you're only spamming crouch, you don't interact with enemies at all because you don't need to.

And you can only listen to ONE song on loop

How's that not a good reason to change her?

I want to love Octavia because i really like Music/bard type classes in other games, but she's so boring and tedious!

I felt this, I'm not high rank but a friend gifted her to me and I fell in love. She made literally every mission easy, I mean I was literally making enemies punch themselves while I sat there chilling. Butttt she can get boring quick, like I wish I could interchance between songs and honestly she makes things too easy(?).

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

Octi is stupid strong. And well one doesn't have to directly attack dwith her abilities melting everything. Simply standing there is your own choice.

I know this topic is kind of over, but i'm still interested to see how you think being broke OP and braindead standing there doing nothing translates to her not needing a rework.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

She doesn't need to be altered.

You kind of speak for the majority of players.

They just don't want to move a muscle 

I had hopes, but i should've expected nothing more than just a typical prime release routine, it's the DE way.

Look at her, you're only spamming crouch, you don't interact with enemies at all because you don't need to.

I want to love Octavia because i really like Music/bard type classes in other games, but she's so boring and tedious!

She doesnt need rework. Modded right, probably one of the baddest frames in the game.

I personally don't feel the need for a rework , 

But I wouldnt mind a rebalancing , and some visual changes.

She has this passive aggressive playstyle (that is thankfully not brain-dead afk) where you are doing nothing very actively that tends to make some of the gameplay boring.

And the support buffs are usually too weak individually.

I would like the buffs to stack or deduct depending on the rhyme.

If Multishot and melee damage could stack and be actually comparable with powerful mods like  splitchamber and primed bane mods at full stack.

Eg. First time you get the buff it's at 30% , if you refresh it before it expires without missing a beat you make it 35% , and it could scale all the way till 120% or so depending on your strength.

If stealth would make you invisible but took away your stealth multiplier damage / put enemies in alert state (cause of all the sound ) or if it acted like ivaras cloak , where doing damage made you visible again.

The Armor buff changed to a DR buff that is based on the number of times you stay in the rhyme (number of times you got buffs) Armor buff is really poor on Octavia anyway.

The speed buffs would scale mechanically  you get sprint speed by default anyway ,  you get Parkour speed if you refreshed the cloak before getting speed, you get fire rate if you activated the ms buff and  you get melee speed if you activated melee damage buff.

I might look like I am advocating powercreep but the micromanagement needed should compensate 😝

On 2021-01-31 at 6:22 AM, (PSN)Tactless_Ninja said:

The ol Ignore It and it'll go away. Worked for the gangrene in my big toe and all those awful bills that kept appearing in the mail. 

But seriously she's one of the few remaining AFK frames which is why we're all hush hush. I thought the MR30 test was awful till I brought in Miss kills things when the moment they spawn. Because what we need is MORE Sanctuary Onslaught type game modes right? Where only 2 frames are even viable? 

Meanwhile I'm over here trying to figure out how the #*!% Grendel even #*!%ing works when none of his abilities work unless he has some living enemies. And he's still S#&$. 

So because people listen to rock music or a podcast while playing games means the entire videogame industry is ignoring some super hush hush sound problem? 

Or is it just more likely that you're exaggerating? 

On 2021-01-31 at 6:24 AM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

If the solution to the MUSIC frame's annoyance is to NOT hear her music then there's something seriously wrong with her, design wise.

Listen, i get it, all of you guys just don't want her nerfed.

You don't care about style or interactivity you just want something that works.

I get that.

But i don't care about something that works in a video game if it's freaking annoying and boring to death

Some people don't like certain sounds, especially repeating during an endurance run. 

If it was some beautiful Italian opera singer it would still be annoying after repeated use. 

On 2021-02-02 at 12:03 AM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I know this topic is kind of over, but i'm still interested to see how you think being broke OP and braindead standing there doing nothing translates to her not needing a rework.

You kind of speak for the majority of players.

They just don't want to move a muscle 

I am not one of the players that afks well her abities are up.  I am actively using my weapons and her abilities.

Do i have to use her weapons when her abilities are crazy? No but i do anyway.

Its up to the player how they play her.  Messing with her would probably just break her in a bad way.

On 2021-01-29 at 7:54 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

You can already “1,2,3,4 sleepwalk” with base Octavia without needing much in the way of strategy.  

She’s an audio and visually disruptive version of Loki’s cheese. 

So, yes, maybe this is on purpose?

All Octavia needs is the ability to change her song during a mission.

I love music, it’s a huge part of my life, same it is for most people I’m sure. Sometimes if I find a song I love I’ll play it all day, for maybe a couple days. At most.

But when I played Octavia, I was extremely discouraged from doing any long runs at all. 30 minute survival listening to a synth rendition of super Mario? It’s actually maddening.

Even if she was able to change between 2-3 songs, I think we would see a lot less of the Max speed death lotus Octavia’s, who use the min maxed songs and nothing else.

For all the casuals that "shouldn't have to read a wiki, and the game doesn't explain anything": 

"Amp's damage buff is an additive base damage multiplier that functions the same as (and adds together with) base damage mods like  Serration. If these mods are present, all the multipliers are added together before any further calculations such as elemental damage mods, critical hit mods, or multishot mods."

"While standing inside the Amp field, Octavia and her allies gain a scaling weapon base damage multiplier with a minimum of 0.10x / 0.15x / 0.2x / 0.25x to a maximum of 1.25x / 1.5x / 1.75x / 2x, depending on the sound level in the environment."

Don't some people ask for weapons to be stronger? Well here's a good frame to use to buff your 2 formaed weapons until a weapon update comes lol.

Going to rant a bit here, 
you don't need to agree with these facts but that is what they are as far as I'm concerned:

A very small minority of people people like Octavia.
This is evident by the fact that she is one of the least used frames despite being the single strongest.

People who like her hide behind the fact that spamming crouch to win isn't the only way to play her and that it is sub optimal,
but in reality it is the most efficient way to play her and its not even anywhere near being close,
any other way of playing her is done better by other warframes anyways so just play those smh.

Even if it wasn't the only viable way to maximize her potential everybody would still only play her like that simply because they can.
She doesn't even need any difficult to obtain mods or more than 2 brain cells to build her into a frame that can carry you through the steel path and that same build and play-style works universally for all game modes, sure you can do other things while you spam crouch but there is never a reason to do so

There should be no defense for how broken, overpowered, boring, monotonous, and downright damaging to the experience of players who get her before other warframes and cheese through all content thinking this lack of skill and and 3 inch thick pinky finger they have is all they need to win this now boring game

Yet somehow the tiny minority of people who actually can say they enjoy her after playing for 1 month as well as the idiots who have only played her for a few days and assume she is balanced and wont get boring because they see big numbers for the first time are vocal enough to try and shut down someone calling for a much needed rework not considering the benefit of the warframe or fact that they might end up liking the changes themselves by throwing around useless, irrelevant BS excuses that don't accomplish anything aside from reassuring their own bias.

And then there are those who think she isn't the strongest because she is squishy or (insert other BS reason)
but why does that never get brought up when talking about Loki or Ivara?
Could it be that it doesn't matter?
what other warframe can go on a 9 hour solo steel path survival run without moving from their spot, not using weapons and having a half assed mod config for the entire duration and experience no semblance of challenge or ever needing to use any weapons?

tldr; this is too much power for such a passive way of playing the game
I'd rather play an idle clicker tbh

Thank you for this post.  I completely agree.  Sure, she's plenty powerful.  But she's uninteractive, clunky, and awkward to play.  Honestly, I love this game, but Octavia's current state is really embarrassing.  She crowds the buff bar, she relies on thorns damage (which, ick), you have to teabag to the beat, the song is best on mute, her visuals look atrocious, and she's all about egg timer buffs.  Boring.

She needs a rework.

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Thank you for this post.  I completely agree.  Sure, she's plenty powerful.  But she's uninteractive, clunky, and awkward to play.  Honestly, I love this game, but Octavia's current state is really embarrassing.  She crowds the buff bar, she relies on thorns damage (which, ick), you have to teabag to the beat, the song is best on mute, her visuals look atrocious, and she's all about egg timer buffs.  Boring.

She needs a rework.

But hey players here say she deals big doo doo damage so i must shut up right?

1 hour ago, HelNite said:

Going to rant a bit here, 
you don't need to agree with these facts but that is what they are as far as I'm concerned:

A very small minority of people people like Octavia.
This is evident by the fact that she is one of the least used frames despite being the single strongest.

People who like her hide behind the fact that spamming crouch to win isn't the only way to play her and that it is sub optimal,
but in reality it is the most efficient way to play her and its not even anywhere near being close,
any other way of playing her is done better by other warframes anyways so just play those smh.

Even if it wasn't the only viable way to maximize her potential everybody would still only play her like that simply because they can.
She doesn't even need any difficult to obtain mods or more than 2 brain cells to build her into a frame that can carry you through the steel path and that same build and play-style works universally for all game modes, sure you can do other things while you spam crouch but there is never a reason to do so

There should be no defense for how broken, overpowered, boring, monotonous, and downright damaging to the experience of players who get her before other warframes and cheese through all content thinking this lack of skill and and 3 inch thick pinky finger they have is all they need to win this now boring game

Yet somehow the tiny minority of people who actually can say they enjoy her after playing for 1 month as well as the idiots who have only played her for a few days and assume she is balanced and wont get boring because they see big numbers for the first time are vocal enough to try and shut down someone calling for a much needed rework not considering the benefit of the warframe or fact that they might end up liking the changes themselves by throwing around useless, irrelevant BS excuses that don't accomplish anything aside from reassuring their own bias.

And then there are those who think she isn't the strongest because she is squishy or (insert other BS reason)
but why does that never get brought up when talking about Loki or Ivara?
Could it be that it doesn't matter?
what other warframe can go on a 9 hour solo steel path survival run without moving from their spot, not using weapons and having a half assed mod config for the entire duration and experience no semblance of challenge or ever needing to use any weapons?

tldr; this is too much power for such a passive way of playing the game
I'd rather play an idle clicker tbh

Dude you deserve an award honestly, couldn't have said it better myself

Archived