Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are "Seriglass weapons" worth the price?

quxier

I have bought 3 weapons:

- Keratinos

- Zymos

- Sepulcrum

I like Zymos & Keratinos isn't bad either (I haven't compared it to other weapon from the same family). I've tried Sepulcrum but it's not good (no Catalyst yet). DPS wise it's not good. Gimmick is bad. You need 5 kills and mark enemies. That's not so bad but it's just "auto targeting" function is here just because weapon needs gimmick. You may target enemies... but you could kill them faster with other weapon. There is no cool feature like "infinite punch through" (like Zenith).
Compared to Keratinos & Zymos it's very expensive - it needs 1 Seriglass (20 Grandmother tokens). It's not that Seriglass is hard to get - I would pay 1 SG for Zymos and probably Keratinos. They are worth SG, Sepulcrum - I don't think so.

I haven't tried Trumna & Xakus' weapon but I'm not excited.

What do you think about Seriglass cost of weapons?

Strange, I personally liked sepulcrum a lot, it deals a lot of damage actually, its not super relevant on low level content, but more impactful on steel path or sorties.

Also, you need (like with all entrati weapons) just 5 kills, not headshots. Plain kills.

Trumna its actually pretty good, the secondary fire its absurdly strong and if you know how to play with the bounces, it can deals S#&$tons of damage.

Trumna is bloody amazing. The best automatic gun in the game IMO and by a very large margin.

It's slow to reload but you can just throw a Synth mod on your Sentinel and never bother reloading it ever again. It got a huge 200 ammo magazine. Fire rate is a bit on the low side, but Primed Shred, or even base Shreds is enough, and there's absolutely no downside to adding more penetration to it.

Main fire mode is basically a Zhuge Prime but better. The bolt explodes on impact so it deals a bit of AOE damage, but with penetration added to it, the bolt first deal damage+explosion on the first enemy it hits, then continues its course and deal normal damage to the rest.

The alt fire is useable every 5 kills with the main fire. And that thing is a goddamn nuke. It just wipe out everything, the AOE is huge and it even bounce several time.

Disclaimer : I got a Riven on it with Crit Damage. It boosts the alt fire to unprecedented level of tactical nuke. I'm talking 500k AOE damage.

IMO all of the weapons aren't really worth the price unless you have nothing else to purchase from the faction.

Trumna is okay

Sepulcum is pretty good if you're looking for an alternative to tombfinger

Zymos is also pretty decent but the gimmick is hard to pull off consistently unless you're using a frame that can slow enemies down

Keratinos is interesting but I haven't really figured out an ideal setup for it. The max combo gimmick doesn't really do it for me

Xaku's Quassus is better than Keratinos but it is also pretty gimmicky.

None of the weapons really jump out and outclass the stuff we have had for awhile. Given the cost of shards I would just pick them up casually over time and not focus too heavily on getting them all really fast.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

- Keratinos

- Zymos

- Sepulcrum

- Keratinos are pretty strong claws honestly. quite fun to use the extended reach once you get your Combo meter maxed.

- Zymos is.. ok, but not normally the kind of gun I personally like. there are other choices for focused beams, but the thrown bladder reload is an interesting gimmick: reminds me of Tediore Weapons in Borderlands.

- Sepulcrum is very nice, though I'd say it's partially let down by the need to manually paint targets with the Alt-fire, meanwhile other guns like Cyanex will seek targets automatically. plus you still need 5 kills to even use the Alt-fire. primary fire is still strong though, and the gun looks wicked.

Trumna is one of my favorite rifles, I have a fondness for LMGs and the Trumna's high capacity, methodical rate of fire and awesome alt-fire make it incredibly strong. Quassus is OK, but i'm not really a fan (lol) of Warfans, they still get the job done though, I just wish the heavy attack was a little faster (base-stats, I already have a build with Amalgam Organ Shatter.).

overall, most of them are at least worth levelling, and a few are definitely worth keeping. Seriglass isn't a pain for long thankfully.

edit: woops, got Catabolyst and Zymos mixed up. guess Zymos wasn't that memorable after all lol.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Are "Seriglass weapons" worth the price? 

LOL, with the number of vaults that I ended up running to appease RNGsus, I'd say those costs were totally inconsequential in the long run. 

If you are keen to level up with the faction, save your rep for when you hit max rank. But after that you'll find that you are more than able to afford it. 

2 hours ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Disclaimer : I got a Riven on it with Crit Damage. It boosts the alt fire to unprecedented level of tactical nuke. I'm talking 500k AOE damage.

That might change weapon a little bit.

1 hour ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

LOL, with the number of vaults that I ended up running to appease RNGsus, I'd say those costs were totally inconsequential in the long run. 

If you are keen to level up with the faction, save your rep for when you hit max rank. But after that you'll find that you are more than able to afford it. 

It's not that I cannot afford them. I'm gathering tokens for my third one (~10 Grandtokens). I'm not even doing vaults. I farmed things for Helminth (rank 3), farmed tokens for Naberous (and of course some resources), Now, when I feel like, I do ~1 hour bounties/Crystal-thing/fishing/mining.

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Quassus is OK, but i'm not really a fan (lol) of Warfans, they still get the job done though, I just wish the heavy attack was a little faster (base-stats, I already have a build with Amalgam Organ Shatter.).

If it's the same as Arum spinosa then.. yeah, it's nice to have those 2 mods for wind up speed.

How it's compares to AS or other warfan?

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

"I've tried Sepulcrum but it's not good (no Catalyst yet)."

And this is why you don't take weapon and frame reviews from other players seriously.

No weapon or frame is good with no catalyst and forma, obviously.

Some weapons or frames shows huge potential even at 0 forma/catalyst... even at <30 rank.

22 minutes ago, quxier said:

It's not that I cannot afford them. I'm gathering tokens for my third one (~10 Grandtokens). I'm not even doing vaults. I farmed things for Helminth (rank 3), farmed tokens for Naberous (and of course some resources), Now, when I feel like, I do ~1 hour bounties/Crystal-thing/fishing/mining.

I needed to do.... MANY to build the stuff from mech syndicate..... So many.... 😭

3 hours ago, KittySkin said:

Strange, I personally liked sepulcrum a lot, it deals a lot of damage actually, its not super relevant on low level content, but more impactful on steel path or sorties.

Also, you need (like with all entrati weapons) just 5 kills, not headshots. Plain kills.

Trumna its actually pretty good, the secondary fire its absurdly strong and if you know how to play with the bounces, it can deals S#&amp;&#036;tons of damage.

Sepulcrum objectively doesn’t deal that much damage at all.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

"I've tried Sepulcrum but it's not good (no Catalyst yet)."

And this is why you don't take weapon and frame reviews from other players seriously.

No weapon or frame is good with no catalyst and forma, obviously.

It’s extremely easy to tell at 30/30 if a weapon has any potential or not.

Or what, should a new player spend 20 plat on every single weapon in the game?

1 hour ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

It’s extremely easy to tell at 30/30 if a weapon has any potential or not.

Or what, should a new player spend 20 plat on every single weapon in the game?

They can look at the stats.....but I know...that requires reading, so I apologize for having high expectations.

We're not balancing the game around The Steel Path, so there's not 1 weapon that can't kill a regular enemy. But the cool part is that you can kill many enemies of a decently high level if you actually build them correctly (including steel path).

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

They can look at the stats.....but I know...that requires reading, so I apologize for having high expectations.

We're not balancing the game around The Steel Path, so there's not 1 weapon that can't kill a regular enemy. But the cool part is that you can kill many enemies of a decently high level if you actually build them correctly (including steel path).

When there is such an extraordinary disconnect between what the card says, and what a weapon is actually capable of, no. Reading the stat line tells a new player nothing.

When you look at a weapon like Rubico prime, you see it’s crit stats, it’s total damage, there’s nothing there to indicate the weapon has the potential to hit billions of damage. You only know that if someone’s told you, or you’ve invested the resources to see for yourself.

3 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Sepulcrum objectively doesn’t deal that much damage at all.

If you cant get damage out of sepulcrum, I cant help at all. 2 rounds per burst, both rounds exploding for a total of 192 base damage. 4 status procs chance on every trigger action not even considering the AOE utility agains other enemies. 30% base CC, 2.2CD, its more than enough.

Add on top of that the same 4 procs with the charged barrage (up to 5 targets, 10 total rounds, way more damage per hit) and the weapon indeed deals damage AND procs status a lot.

Its noteant to be OHKO things, but its way better on high level content, specially agains hordes than the way more popular pyranna prime.

Its just that PP its way easier to pull off.

Im glad that DE its making high MR weapons that are not just a statically powerful weapon, but more of a useful one as long as you can pull its tricks out.

1 hour ago, KittySkin said:

If you cant get damage out of sepulcrum, I cant help at all. 2 rounds per burst, both rounds exploding for a total of 192 base damage. 4 status procs chance on every trigger action not even considering the AOE utility agains other enemies. 30% base CC, 2.2CD, its more than enough.

Add on top of that the same 4 procs with the charged barrage (up to 5 targets, 10 total rounds, way more damage per hit) and the weapon indeed deals damage AND procs status a lot.

Its noteant to be OHKO things, but its way better on high level content, specially agains hordes than the way more popular pyranna prime.

Im glad that DE its making high MR weapons that are not just a statically powerful weapon, but more of a useful one as long as you can pull its tricks out.

192 base damage.

I have automatic weapons that shoot 5-10 times faster with a similar base damage.

If you want a weapon to apply status effects, there are much better than Sepulcrum. It does nothing better than any other gun, it barely even does anything well. It’s damage is significantly lower than it should’ve been.

Trumna is an absolute joy to use, at first i was taken back by the sheer amount of resources needed for it and it having  no polarities but after i got a build going it is just what every assault rifle should have been. Liked it enough to get 2 rivens for it

Solid regular fire and devastating alt fire 

2 hours ago, KittySkin said:

can you tell me your build for sepulcrum? curious on how you can make it work in sp

Il y a 10 heures, quxier a dit :

That might change weapon a little bit.

Oh it absolutely does. On the other hand I only got and rolled a Riven for it because I liked it so much. It's already an extremely good weapon without it.

Crit Damage Riven just made it absurdly strong on the alt fire. But honestly, 3 60/60 (Viral + Fire), Shred, Serration, Multishot, Crit Chance, Crit Damage and it's already a very solid weapon with an extremely powerful alternate fire. The Riven is just the cherry on top I invested on because Trumna is my current favourite gun.

I did invest 6 forma on it too, which is the most I ever used on a weapon, and I used -Recoil on the Exilus slot.

Riven is +Multishot +Crit Damage -Projectile Speed. Projectile Speed actually have no impact on the gun at all, the main fire is hitscan and apparently the alt fire isn't concerned either.

The whole point of Trumna is to kill trash mobs in full auto and use the altfire to delete largers groups and more dangerous targets in one shot.

Regarding the Trumna, I don't think a 0.55 disposition riven really moves the needle on whether a weapon is viable/worth it or not. It also suffers a bit from being outperformed by the Mausolon, a very similar weapon with generally better stats (though with the downsides associated with Archguns, which make it... somewhat inconvenient to use).

Archived