Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Command Intrinsic Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

I hire crew members, but they wear former employers' uniform. That's really suck, right? DE needs to design more uniform that belongs to players.

Besides,  I need 3 crew members on the ship all the time even with 4 players game, because all players already go out to fight.

• Like 2

Alot of people saying the same thing 

- Gunners can use forward artillery 

- Pilot AI/Instricts become better. Just being "more fast" really isnt a benefit. Higher lvls should reward an ability that they can use. Pilot might aswell be a gunner for more damage(assuming this works) - AI CANNOT PICK UP MODS/LOOT EITHER. Which makes them piloting even more useless. 

- AI should have abilities that use on a cooldown function. Aka on the guns or repairing. Aswell as in general - "Able to throw a grenade!" or something. 

- During the Exterminate/Defence mission of the game - Allow atleast 1 or 2 crew to join you during that mission. Its great to be able to play solo, but then you're stuck playing solo during that content. 

- Warframe energy to pilot abilities is very "not fun". Playing Lavos is the only semi fun aspect and I dislike playing him in general missions lol. Maybe just have everything cooldown related - creating mods to reduce cooldowns - having abilities that stack up a few times so u can "spam one thing" is really fine. I'm confident that most people would enjoy that more so than the current energy system. 

- Ai Seem... very durpy. Its annoying how Engineers/roles dont do anything. They see people attacking but run away/attack a wall.  (Aka if there's nothing to repair - then they'll should auto kill enemies) Maybe "OP" In what you guys want/are going for - but they're a functioning adult, i'm sure they'd know to defend the ship lol 

I feel Engineer/Defender role should be just be one. they run around maintaining/defending the ship. I hope Engineer role changes to be more support- Being able to use the forge and maybe if you did remove the energy system, being able to buff aspect of the ship for more sustain/damage/cooldowns or whatever. It would give players a newer role to play too. 

Edited by Kanyyy
Pressed enter too soon :)
  • Like 1

[Railjack] It is now impossible to use the Slingshot solo if you have a designated NPC Pilot

As soon as you teleport up to the Slingshot, the dude will go full GTA and already steered the RJ to some where else away like a dog chasing squirrels.

You have to assign her role to something else so you can maintain your aim, then reassign the pilot role back to her after you landed.

Possible Solution: Give the pilot AI a 5 sec delay before he start to do anything with the RJ.

Edited by sv650racer
  • Like 1

Further feedback:

The AI pilot will literally charge towards an objective and park right next to a missle platform. They will then stop dead and sit there as the missles bombard my railjack. Some evasive maneuvers wouldn't hurt...like at all.

• Like 1

I like the gunners.

The engineer could need something like an Aura that replenishes Energy, Dome Charges, etc. as long as she doesn‘t take damage (i.e. being boarded), or fires a weapon (repairing stuff). Else, the moment I hit remote repair this role becomes obsolete, as is defender due to Wuclone...

Leading to defender. Maybe the defender crew could hit the artillery until boarded. Then, if a defender is in artillery slot, he will give pilots the option to use artillery (command him) by using 4 or sth.

Pilot should somehow get to targets better. So far I do only assign pilot role in Grineer tileset on last phase if missile batteries etc., so I can teleport closer to the next target, if I assign pilot at all. Wheras „better“ means „not triggering an infinite repair loop for the engineer“

Edited by BesucherPrime

4 hours ago, ---Merchant--- said:

It has to be related to your specific guns then, my maxed crew on maxed ship does not kill level 1 crewship even after 4 hours, they will just lower it to 0life, then it does regenerate its life to something 1/3 and they do it again and again and again...

I tried the APOCs so far and it didn't work with those. My suspicion is that the Carcs cause them to kill each other with toxin procs somehow, but those carcs do kill crew ships in this patch, killed many in the nontop veil grineer nodes with no other assistance. Going to do more testing tomorrow, but crew ranked to 5 gunnery and built for turrets clean up on the fighters, very fast kill. Of note is that I thought I was testing on the highest grineer node earlier, but was testing on the second highest. The carcs do not kill shielded ships, only unshielded as on the lower veil grineer nodes.

On a related note, does anyone know how to switch hired crew members in and out to the crew without dismissing them outright? If that function exists, I haven't found it.

there's no point in upgrading my railjack ,because when i try to join a mission it sends me to other peoples railjack.
At least before the update people would always join me.  now i never touch my railjack.

I even tried free flight but i still get sent to other peoples free roams for some reason lol

now i either am forced to solo, or i just don't bother with railjack.

really regret wasting time with the whole game mode , hours of grind for nothing.

Please consider at least making free roam modes solo to people who own railjacks, so we can inside the railjack pick a mission to do and people can then join.

• Like 1

Ticker's crewmember selection should refresh over a shorter period, like every four to eight hours. It'll help us pick our cosmetic choices with stat spread variety quicker, instead of waiting a real life day.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of:

• 8 point spread for credit brought crewmembers
  • 10 point spread for material brought crewmembers

Why would I want to get an 8 point crewmember when I can have a 10 point one? Maybe all of them should get a single perk that distinguishes them?

Edited by DSMK2
  • Like 3

I took my crew member with me to the neptune ice wreakage tileset and things got really interesting. The crew member spent half the mission clipping through the ground and just in general being in places that they weren't supposed to be. However, whenever I tried to take a screenshot, they would move away or get out of the place they were stuck in. Also, they move really slowly, but that isn't really a bug.

Also, can you please make it so that our AI crew members join us during at least the defense missions? Just having another thing for the enemy to shoot at would be really nice when going solo, and it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't be able to be on call when they are literally sitting in the railjack right next to the galleon that I am in.

6 hours ago, PaladinSS said:

I hire crew members, but they wear former employers' uniform. That's really suck, right? DE needs to design more uniform that belongs to players.

Besides,  I need 3 crew members on the ship all the time even with 4 players game, because all players already go out to fight.

You can customize your crew to have whatever color scheme you like

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kanyyy said:

I feel Engineer/Defender role should be just be one.

i second this, specially since kuva lich crew are pretty lacking atm, if they are to be restricted, at least let them do repairs and use the forge while waiting for boarders, i'm fine with them not using the pilot or gunner seats, but they need more than standing around for smth(that if you play well, may be fully avoided) while taking up a crew slot

also, i feel like crew survivability needs a balance pass, their health/armor/shields should probably not be flat values and should instead scale with mission level, endurance ranks giving a small % bonus to that scaled value, smth like 10-15% per rank to health/armor/shields

as it stands they are demi-gods in low and mid level content and made of paper in the veil, boarded? they can maybe take out 2 enemies before being downed

9 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

Also, can you please make it so that our AI crew members join us during at least the defense missions? Just having another thing for the enemy to shoot at would be really nice when going solo, and it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't be able to be on call when they are literally sitting in the railjack right next to the galleon that I am in.

yeah they should AT LEAST allow us to get the 'On Call' crew member to join us in solo main objectives, maybe even remove the duration limit within RJ missions(keep cooldown in case they "die")

Edited by TKDancer
  • Like 1

Engineers need to use the forge. Just patching holes is pretty worthless, especially with remote repair.

Liches are underwhelming. Hired Crew are much stronger with the modded weapons you give them.

Crew are pointless if you ever plan to play multiplayer in Railjack. Crew could spawn and assume roles when players leave the ship. Another option would be to add more difficulty and enemy scaling when all 7 crew (4 Tenno, 3 AI) are active.

• Like 1

Something I noticed when doing a grineer railjack mission solo with the 'away crew' and 'railjack crew' part. As the only player in the squad I had to do the away part, as expected, but I noticed that the npc crewmembers of the railjack didn't help in progressing the 'railjack crew' part where they had to destroy the radiators. One of the crew was a pilot, the other a gunner, and the final one a defender so the railjack could move to the targets and destroy them. 

I would have thought that the crew could help progress the mission, but as it stands I had to return to the railjack and destroy the radiators myself; just as it was before the command intrinsic. A small quality of life thing would be the crew actually being able to help progress the mission instead of flying about aimlessly around a ship killer platform and having the 'away crew' return to the railjack to do the 'railjack crew' part as well. 

Having completed all of the Corpus Nodes and reached up to Command 8:

• Crew works surprisingly well in Railjack.
  • They greatly improve the feel and pacing of Railjack.
  • Liches are nice to have, but maybe too restricted in their Role.
  • I'd like to have a few more Competency Points.
  • Gunners try to damage Crewships without prioritizing their Weakpoints.
  • No Crew will use the Big Gun to finish off Crewships or hit the Volatile Weakpoints.
  • Pilots should align the ship to Crewships and Volatile Weakpoints if a Player gets in the Big Gun. Maybe even stand still when a Player starts charging or aims.
  • Some more voicelines or personalities per Faction per Gender would be nice to have.
  • Crewmate options from the Open World Factions would be nice to have
  • It'd be neat if every Player could bring along their first-in-line Crewmate, their First Mate, even if it's really not needed for current Railjack.

Overall, a really nice addition with plenty of room to grow, thanks for the good work.

Edited by Petroklos

1. It would be nice not just to assign one role, but also an additional one. For example, someone who shoots with cannons can switch to the Tunguska cannon. The engineer repairs only if there is a problem, the rest of the time performs a more priority role, and does not run uselessly around the ship, tumbling and jumping up and down (for example, protecting or shooting from turrets).

2. I was surprised by the ship's defenders when they look at enemies for 2-3 seconds before each shot in order to understand it's friend or foe. This delay costs them their lives.
A similar option was when called on a mission, where he was surrounded by kubrow and attacked, but he simply could not shoot at them, stood and waited for him to be eaten.

3. Lich who attacked me and who protects me - 2 different characters. The one that attacked me was merciless, used skills, threw, shot and etc. And in the ship, he shoots only from weapon with a delay of 2-3 seconds (see point 2)

4. The call of a crew member is interesting. But I would like to call entire team to help until they die, and so on until the next call rollback. After all, all the same, as long as ship is not flying, they are not busy with anything.

5. Crewmember from Ticker are lost when selected from a list with several dozen liches who now work for me.
Perhaps it makes sense to make buttons - syndicates, lychees, pilots, defenders, etc. and sorting by skill (use image other post for example)

3JhSrWo.png

6. Synthesis from the NPC team does not go to you and they do not progress themselves. It seems that it would be better if they themselves progress in those skills for the role that they were assigned, just as we pump our abilities in RJ up to rank 10.

7. Maybe it makes sense to replace skill points in the branch with the number of officers on duty, and at rank 10, so that they are not 3 minutes, but before their death? And they pumped their points also for the synthesis, which they receive while flying with us.
It looks very strange for a character who has made 1000+ sorties on a ship and has not raised his skills enough to be more useful.

8. It would be nice to add the ability to give them close combat weapons, otherwise they do not know what to do if they are approached too close.

9. Alternatively, the ability to attach pets to each of the crew to increase efficiency, since they do not use skills.
After all, there are a lot of pets: robots, guards, kubrow, kavat

10. For some reason, they only start resurrecting each other if you are on the ship, which is inconvenient.

11. The pilot often just fly by circles, and sometimes fly directly against the ship's cannon and cannot be dissuaded.

12. The engineer responsible for the repair must make the resources for this himself, otherwise he is of little use, especially when the pilot issues numbers (see paragraph 11).
Otherwise, you constantly return to the ship to make resources for repairs.

13. I would like to give a role crewmember so that they can also participate in boarding, for example, one sent 1 point to defend, 2 to destroy the transporter and etc

14. If they cannot use archwing, then could they use mini-ships to fly into space themselves, and not just be inside the ship?

15. Is it possible in the future for them to have skills under certain conditions
For example, to buy skills for the crew?
After all, Tenno has them and they can be used when they enemies come to take you on board.

16. It would also be good for the lich to be able to replace weapons, and, maybe customizations.

17. Lich also learns and you can give him the opportunity to learn so that he can shoot cannons, steer, repair the ship, etc. Otherwise he wanders uselessly

18. Is it possible to put 1 crew member in a nekramech to help not only in RJ mission, but also on regular missions? 

Tiker is advanced and can persuade the corpus and grineer to join us on RJ.
It would be especially interesting to get a nullifier in crew. 

ps sentient individuals of the infected or renegades with reason could also come to Tiker to recruit team 

Edited by shnurok14

In general, I find the addition of command and crewmembers a really good one. It has a far fewer problems than avionics/railjack performance rework. A few things I'd like to see/have issue with.

• I am unable to manage my crew from the orbiter's panel or the inside of the railjack itself. Having to go to the dry dock whenever I want to change something is bothersome.

• The role that I hoped the most for my crew was someone to crew the tunguska/forward artillery cannon. Having a crew member sit there and start charging/firing the cannon on helm's command would be wonderful (could be achieved by allowing people manning helm/turrets etc to mark things they see in space, a feature that I lack and which would be wonderful in general)

• I should underline and reiterate. Let us please waypoint/mark things in space when we man various 'facilities'. Both to command the crew (ordering focused turrent fire, aiming tunguska cannon at a crewship, flying in particular direction) and simply mark points of interest.

• Ability to approach and interact (actively, through pressing a key) with crewmembers walking around. A few very short voicelines, from at least simple "Sir" to lines depending on their personality, faction and assigned role on the ship if DE would feel more ambitious (gunners making comments about armaments, engineers wondering about supplies for omnitool repairs etc).

• Maybe even such crewmembers could replace animations of various out-of-nowhere-hired faction members somehow doing maintenance in my docks.

• Liches after conversion probably should have an optional toggle for the severed head of their progenitor. Seems a bit rude they're supposedly good and on my side but still carry a warframe head decoration welded onto their pauldrons.

• I'd also like to be able to still choose a weapon for liches. I understand they have their own and they may even favor it, but if I really, really would like them to use something slightly different, I'd like that option. Even if they complain.

• I appreciate character fluff/descriptions. Wouldn't mind it expanded though, to give hints about their personality and explain some of their competencies. In general, more blurbs are needed as despite how new and fresh the whole crew system is, I keep seeing some descriptions repeated very often.

• Bigger selection of potential crew members at Ticker's would also be good. Possibly including variations of various faction looks - not only gender, but how for example Steel Meridian sometimes seems to be making use of Grineer armaments - seeing actually armored, standard-issue faction rifle-totting potential crew member as they're specialized in Defender competency would make a lot of sense.

• Possibly such looks options could be even allowed under apperance tab. Particular-faction-crewmember-restricted reskins/pieces of armor etc can also be an option. At the very least, let me change their helmets. Some of them do not appeal to me as much as others, even in boundaries of their own faction.

• To be honest, I am not sure if Ticker should be the one managing those. Given that almost all potential crew members come from Tenno-affiliated relay station factions, I'd move ability to hire them there. Funnily enough, I am actually yet to see any Fortuna cyborg (with or without to-be-expected engineering competency) for hire.

• Since it's mostly decorational, anyway, and no one really would lose any practical value I'd like to see ability to hire from certain factions dependant more on prior player decisions. Maybe since certain level of favor/hostility, one could hire special, more fancy-looking and archetypical crewmembers from their supported faction, while having crewmembers from the hostile ones unavailable, rather than just having varied tax which seems weird in general.
Edited by Myrvair
Slight corrections
  • Like 4

I'm pretty happy with the Command Intrinsic - I assigned some crew as gunners, they got in the turrets and shot enemies for me without having to be asked. I made one of them an engineer and they repaired the ship without having to be asked. I was able to focus on playing the game solo without having to stop and babysit little things constantly. It is off to a really good start.

---------

I have the same feedback as many others, and a few other points:

- AI Pilots fly around aimlessly, they could benefit from orders to focus on targets so that a player can launch a slingshot or fire forward artillery. Also need to have broad directives given by the host to move towards different objectives (primary, secondary or optional) depending on the mission. These directives IMO should be able to given from anywhere.

- AI Gunners and Pilots would be more helpful if they fired at outside objectives like radiators and security nodes, enabling players indoors to be able to move around without having to come outside (This seems to be how Corpus RJ missions were designed: do everything outside once, then complete the remaining objectives inside without moving in and out).

- AI crew members can have points in multiple skill areas - they could also have multiple priorities assigned to them. If a player takes over as a gunner or pilot, then that AI crew member will have something else to focus on instead of just standing around waiting for their spot to become vacant. e.g an Engineer/Gunner will sit in a turret until something needs to be repaired, once everything is fixed inside they return to their gun.

- Right now an AI Engineer is similar to a Defender, but the Engineer will repair things AND fight boarders - it is better to hire a crew member with a few points in combat or endurance already, then add the 3 points from the intrinsics to train repair. If you give them a good gun then fighting is no problem for an engineer. The defender role could use Archwing equipment to fight enemies inside and outside of the Railjack within a certain distance, using AW abilities. Maybe Archwing use could be limited to Lich crew members (it might be too intense for regular hires?) but otherwise the defenders just don't do anything until the RJ is boarded.

- AI Engineer crew could have a secondary role to use the forge assuming they don't use it already, I haven't noticed.

- Players who join your game (and you theirs) replace AI crew members until leaving. I think this defeats the purpose of hiring a crew member to do a task, because a human player might not do that task at all, or might actually be worse at it (especially engineering/repairs). The only advantage that immediately comes to mind is players having their own avionics and turret mods. You can be guaranteed that if you assign an AI crew mate to do repairs they will almost definitely be on board repairing things, but if a human player replaces them then it's a gamble that anything will be done, and you might be the one who has to go and fix a catastrophic breach to stop everyone from failing the mission.

---------

15 hours ago, BrokenLegend8 said:

Make it so there is a 1 in 6 chance for any crew member you hire will be an imposter that would kill your other crewmates when there are no players in the railjack.

Turn it into a game of Among Us where everything is put on hold and all of the syndicates have to convince you why they aren't the killer.

Edited by TheMostFrench
  • Like 1

I'd just like to chime in can we have the Pilots and/or gunners also be willing and able to shoot exposed radiators when dealing with outposts and the such? Its pretty time consuming and annoying to have to enter base, expose radiator, exit base, pop radiator because the npc's wont target them then repeat for the other one.

• Like 2

Issue:
Ticker is presenting the exact same constellation of hireable crew every time it updates.

2 Red Veil men
2 Loka women
1 Suda woman
1 Perrin woman
1 Arbiter man

I hope it is supposed to mix between men and women available from each faction rather than keeping them gender locked every cycle. I mean, where are the Loka/Perrin/Suda dudes? And where are the Veil/Arbiter ladies? Also, if not already planned, how about throwing in some neutral folk like the relay/dojo NPCs that are non-aligned?

XzUahhI.jpg

• Like 2