Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there anything you want to change in Warframe?

TheElderGamer

1 hour ago, octobotimus said:

I wish that warframes had more variety in design and abilities. All we have are casters. I want one that turns into a beast, or is significantly larger than the rest with unique abilities that maybe summon a giant sword or spawn turrets, or even a shield that actually blocks. Everything for me has started to feel too Samey. 

So Excalibur (Big energy sword), Protea/Xaku (spawn turrets) or Valkyr (turns into beast mode)?

I want to change the capture target noises back to the update 7-10 sounds.  The desperate, slightly-too-real screams of a man watching his body being torn apart atom by atom, each modicum of his mortal flesh vanishing into the hand of an unkillable, inhuman, soul-sucking murder machine.  The final horrified clamor against a fate chosen by a sinister demon who slaughtered everyone else, but picked an even more terrible fate for him and him alone.

For those of you who weren't around, it went something like this

I have a feeling I've seen this thread before, but I'll answer the same thing I always do.

I want a stat squish, no more overkilling enemies by hundreds of thousands of damage, no more having to combat power creep by slathering on immunities and damage reduction, no more having to design content based solely on waiting until the timer pops out a reward.

Bring down the expected number curve and open up the possibility of designing content that doesn't ARRIVE already beaten in the Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, captainHalide said:

I want to change the capture target noises back to the update 7-10 sounds.  The desperate, slightly-too-real screams of a man watching his body being torn apart atom by atom, each modicum of his mortal flesh vanishing into the hand of an unkillable, inhuman, soul-sucking murder machine.  A fate chosen by a sinister demon who slaughtered everyone else, but picked an even more terrible fate for him and him alone.

Can I change my answer to this? :D

oh boy... alright.

first: bugfixes. like. all the bugs

second: remove the stat immunity for certain enemies.

third, uncap the stat stacks. did you know viral and corrosive caps at ten?

fourth: add different ways to get a certain mod or resource other than "kill this one enemy in the game. do it repeatedly because the resource or mod didn't drop, in favor of a part you have 20 of, that you have gotten in other places. oh, sick of trying for that one resource? you could buy it in the store.... oh, it's not in the store, and it's untradeable." like, maybe something like the helminth system. an example: feed, say, 10 sentient cores, ferrite, and electrical systems to get an exceptional core. make it take 24 hours to cook. then 10 of those for a brilliant shard. make that take 72 hours. there. now you don't have to take on the teralyst anymore. just need to get enough resources and have patience.

Would like to see tower heist that Triburos presented in his video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3m8OZqshuM

Also, more endgame content for veterans, bigger and "fuller" open worlds, new speargun

And also I would be very pleased if DE actually allowed us to take upper wings / shoulderpads off in Zephyr Deluxe skin like Pablo in his video 

AMVB24D.png

More procedural content. A lot of Warframe's "magic" comes from its procedural content: the randomly generated levels that are kind of familiar but never quite the same, the random invasions, today's Sortie and so on. Newer content has kind of abandoned that concept of generating lots of varied content in favour of more static free roam areas and hubs and pushed the "randomness" into the rewards tables.

There's still new stuff that tries to go the procedural route (Railjack dabbles a bit in that), but I'd love to see WF just embrace that direction. Randomised mini-quests (Sortie++), periodic expansion of tilesets (not just overhauls), invasions in Railjack (you do your thing... and suddenly a Fomorian appears), randomised "dungeon delves" on the open worlds and so on.

More unpredictable gameplay scenarios, but less unpredictable rewards.

First of all, I'd like them to remove Telos Boltace from Conclave, or at least remove the map-breaking ragdoll from the weapon. Then address some of the long-standing and oft-repeated issues in that. A little polish wouldn't hurt, either.

Next, they could think about how to make clans and alliances relevant again. And maybe reintroduce Trials as promised a long time ago?

In general, I'd like to see more focus on the 'shooter' part again, as opposed to the 'let warframe play itself on the second monitor while doing something else' direction I feel it's currently taking.

• 3 weeks later...

What are you missing in Warframe?

From innovations in appearance to changes in game mechanics. It would be cool if you tried to insert this into the current gameplay.

Criticism is welcome. Hope that reasonable.

By the way. Greetings to those who would like to repeat their comments in a clearer and more structured manner.

P.S.: It is me again. Hope you're having fun here. As you can see, I started this topic with a question in order to collect more opinions.

Edit :  I pressed something and it worked great! I like it! Ask the same question again in the same topic

I can understand having starter weapons and increasing one's Mastery Rank to obtain better ones. As far as what's available on the market and/or Dojo research I think it's fitting. However, there's a huge disparity between viable weapon choices for "endgame" activities. Sure, there are certain weapons best used in certain pieces of content, and I think it's fine to have these weapons as situational as most Warframes are. To use a prominent example though...more often than not, Ignis Wraith annihilates everything. Meanwhile, they keep adding cool, new weapons and more than half of them aren't even worth using semi-regularly. I'm of the opinion that they should just buff the ever living crap out of just about every weapon in the game to make most of them viable choices.  With the mod system I feel that it would make for a more enjoyable experience if everyone could customize the weapons they actually want to use, aesthetically or mechanically.

PS: Stop making Umbra formas such a pain to get, thanks. 😝

On 2021-04-06 at 9:34 PM, vanaukas said:

So Excalibur (Big energy sword), Protea/Xaku (spawn turrets) or Valkyr (turns into beast mode)?

I meant an actual beast, not a warframe who just hunches over and swipes. I mean make the dam thing go on all 4's. And for turrets, make an actual gun placement rather than floating guns that disappear within seconds. 

On 2021-03-28 at 10:26 PM, DrivaMain said:

5. Defense missions to not be a nuke fest. Changing wave length from kills to a timer to make it consistent with the rest of the endless missions.

6. ESO efficiency drain so it's not mandatory to use *Insert Nuke Frame here* to reach Zone 8 solo.

Setting defense missions to a specific time means you can't go faster if you play well, that feels pretty bad.

You can reach zone 16 on good weapons alone.

On 2021-03-29 at 4:28 AM, Ryusuta said:

This is the easiest question I've ever had to answer.

No more "gatekeeping" modes and boss fights. Ever. At all. Period.

Eidolons and Kuva stuff absolutely REQUIRING the Operator was... reluctantly allowable because it was a storyline decision. I still have a profound dislike of it and thought it could have been done better, but I'll give it a pass.

Orphix Venom being made with the 100% entire sole purpose of shoving Necramechs down people's throats, however, is where I draw the line. This was absolutely unnecessary and has only served to make me DESPISE those things. It has easily done the opposite of what it set out to do. Before that game mode came out, I was mildly interested in Necramechs. Now I can't stand the sight of them.

What DE doesn't understand is that people LIKE to try new things. They LIKE new weapons, new Warframes, and new game modes (well... when they're not buggy beyond excuse). If I could make DE understand one, single thing, it's that they don't have to FORCE their players to do anything. We play the new stuff because it's new.

Stop gatekeeping content. It's not like they do any new story stuff, so even their original flimsy excuse no longer exists.

Knock it off, DE. Just stop.

Bruh, everyone is always complaining about content islands, I for one am tired of them leaving content untouched for literal years. Creating new content for old toys is always a plus.

5 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Setting defense missions to a specific time means you can't go faster if you play well, that feels pretty bad.

DE can always add some way to speed defense mission up. Right now in defense, you either finish it too fast with super meta setups or finish it much longer than an average survival mission using average off meta gear.

On 2021-03-30 at 5:05 AM, Institute-Marksman said:

I'd like it to be less grindy.

I'd like players to not 24/7 yeet themselves through every mission at max speed and appreciate the environments they are ignoring.

I'd like there to be no enemy levels so the game can be an actual challenge without just slapping on extra numbers.

I'd like to see that what I do has an actual effect on the universe I dive into, instead of being confronted with ye olde 'infinite replayability' respawn mechanic.

Grind makes players skip grind at the cost of plat/money. Without grind we would be paying a monthly fee to play warframe.

people have been playing warframe for a long time, tilesets lose their beauty after you have done them 1000+ times

whenever de has tried to introduce enemies that hard not purely because of numbers alone, the whiners come out

they have been trying to do this with open worlds, showing progression as you become closer with the npc's, it's a lot harder to implement into the base game where content updates inherently mean we don't get an end to fighting enemies.

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

DE can always add some way to speed defense mission up. Right now in defense, you either finish it too fast with super meta setups or finish it much longer than an average survival mission using average off meta gear.

Corpus Ship Defense pretty much does everything you desire. There is really nothing you can do to speed up Defense missions on this tileset. You may like this kind of anti-meta map... IMO, I think it's the worst Defense map in the game. It's so bad. One minute+ per wave... it's awful for a boring game mode (IMO).

LOL.  Won't happen, but....

A FULL RPG CAMPAIGN using our various interchangeable Warframes.
Like Mass Effect.

Like I said, I know its not going to happen.  It would practically be an entirely different game.
But IMAGINE.... A full Storyline where you actually PLAY your Tenno having to solve puzzles, meet interesting NPCs, "picking your own path" while having Plot-Developing conversations with multiple options as you travel across the galaxy building yourself and your NPC Team, and take on enemies SPECIFICALLY to further the STORY, which plays out Chapter By Chapter into a massive, SINGULAR Campaign.

One can only dream, aye?  🙂

No more of this nonsense "one paragraph per season" pseudo-story jigsaw puzzle.  The current story is so spread out that no one knows the whole take unless you find one of those "The Whole Warframe Story So Far" videos on YouTube.  Its a gigantic mess, like it was written by an eager high school student enrolled in their first creative-writing class but who is so bored with their own idea already that they only hand in the weekly assignments doing as absolutely little as possible to pass the class (LOL).  🤣

Seriously, anyone here could have written the ENTIRE Warframe "story" in one night and it would look identical.

So... A WHOLE NEW STORY where we get to play-out an ACTUAL experience of being the lonely kid with super-psychic powers as we head deeper and deeper into a mysterious universe with all kinds of stuff happening on our way to become strong enough to meet the ultimate Boss (e.g. Thanos-esque).  

70-150 hours of Campaign play would be about right.  🙂
Oh, and you STILL get to swap out your Warframe, Weapons and Companions as often as you like.  

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

how would you give players the ability to speed up defense that doesn't revolve around killing but still reflects player performance? You also need to not invalidate survival as a whole by making defense too efficient while also not stepping on excavations toes because that's a game mode that disincentives nuking/ccing enemies because the power supplies will drop farther away from the excavator slowing you down, we can't just reuse what excavation missions did.

I just don't see a way to solve your issue that isn't already another game mode.

Archived