Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Void Storms Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Most of the criticism I've been seeing about the void storms (besides the blinding explosions) is obviously the rewards for the amount of time invested. I'm among the people who want ships to drop reactant, at least in the Grineer skirmish missions, because the most effective way to get reactant in those missions is to let the enemy board you and hope a fissure opens while they're destroying your ship.

Considering that void storms get more severe over time. I propose a compromise for the people who want more reward at the cost of more risk: the option to bring more relics into a mission at the cost of the void storm starting at a specific "category."

According to Cy, the storms can go up to category 5 and that 5 is the worst. I don't think it'd be a stretch to think that the more relics you bring at the same time, the void energy/reactant needed to open them becomes incredibly volatile and starts negatively affecting you, like your Warframe possibly suffering from a dragon key effect after you open a relic. Or the enemies start receiving beneficial effects.

I guess what I'm suggesting is something akin to Disruption but with opening relics instead of conduits.

I think we should be able to open 2 relics at once on Void Storm missions. Railjack missions take about twice as long as normal missions, so it's not an effective way of opening relics. Another solution would be to automatically make all relics opened in a Void Storm become radiant.

Another problem with the rewards is that, after getting sevagoth and his weapon, there is a chance that one of the rewards gets completely wasted on something that you don't need anymore. I have no use for extra sevagoth and epitaph parts.

I've played a lot while grinding for Sevagoth, and I've gotten used to most of the gameplay, but I do have a few concerns:

First, I feel like the void storm is not well optimized for the corpus proximas. The very vertical geography of some rooms make it easy to be separated from a void strike just long enough for it to explode as soon as you get close enough to shoot it. Combined with the flurry of lasers and electrical weapons, the void storms make choosing a frame narrowed to who can tank damage best, as evading the attacks is near impossible. The missions are fun if you have the right frame, otherwise it becomes too frustrating to play. The visuals can also become very overwhelming in corpus missions, due to the previously mentioned flurry of damage sources and possible vibrations.

Second, The vibrations should be halved, or at leas reduced a bit. I love the turbulence of the storms, but at max strength, it makes it very disorienting.

Third, I feel like the length and challenge is not worth the reward. In short, it feels like the equivalent of building a nuclear reactor to power a lamp. It feels anticlimactic to enter a storm that spawns multiple fissures to only open a single relic. My suggestion I had in the comments of a discussion video was this: Remove a limit on relics in non-endless void storms. In response, each added relic adds 10 reactant to the total needed, but you have to get all the reactant, just like with one relic. If you want 7 relics opened, you need 70 reactant. If you get 32, you lose all 7 relics. To help this, I'd say that a random amount of enemies are already corrupted, and drop reactant. Void strikes damage corrupted, killing blows prevent reactant drop, they can also have a chance to corrupt non-corrupted enemies. This would give strategy whether to keep a void strike or not. Choosing an ally's reward chooses all their drops. Higher amounts of relics may hide the last relics to avoid menu clutter.

TL;DR of third point: remove the relic cap on void storms, and corrupt more enemies, but make relic opening all-or-nothing, and make corrupted enemy count vary between normal amounts and all corrupted to keep from making things too easy, along with any other challenges.

7 hours ago, Azimbee said:

Wouldn't it be cool if you could crack a relic per objective? Like instead of gathering 10 reactant over the course of the mission, you gather 10 per loaded objective, and break 3 relics in bulk if it's 3 objectives. 4 if it's 4. 

This is a very good idea and possibly could exactly one of the solution I would love for the number of relic to crack. Dont know if its known before loading in though or maybe do it inside mission? 

For the love of god, put a toggle switch to turn off the visual mess thats causing a lot of us eye issues and headache.. I feel like you guys/gals at DE should have to play Void Storms for 10 hrs straight with your eyelids stuck open to have an understanding of the pain you are causing us.. Toggle switch for these effects of void storms please.. I thought maybe these updates would have fixed it but only did 1 storm run and instantly have sore eyes..  I want to get an extra Sevagoth to Subsume, but just cant handle this eyesore .. stupid stupid stuff DE !

It's been 8 years.  And Exterminate-type missions still fail to spawn enough enemies for you to meet the objective.  

Had to abandon several Void Storm missions on Skirmish nodes because Fighters stop spawning before I reach the required amount.  

This is the first bug I encountered in the game in an Earth map, 1 hours into playing the game. Now, 2000 play hours later, the same bug occur in the newfangled "Void Storm" missions.   And as far as I am aware of, the Exterminate bug on Earth still isn't fixed. Which is why i avoid all Earth exterminate fissures.  I suppose I will have to avoid all Skirmish Void Storm nodes too?  

How god damn hard is it to make the enemy keep spawning, at least until the objective is met.  If the game cannot even do something as simple as guarantee to spawn enough enemy for you to kill. what hope is there for more ambitious content? 

Railjack is like building a fancy roof for a house with broken foundation. No matter how fancy the roof is, its going to collapse to the ground along with the house when the foundation gives.   

1 hour ago, ebrl said:

Yes, I was doing Neptune exterminate instead of Veil missions, for the same reason that you would run capture fissures instead of Pluto defense in the star chart. Why are you choosing the most inefficient Void Storms? To "prove" a point to people who can't look through the ruse? The fastest way is to not deliberately choose the slowest missions. It has been that way since long before Void Storms were a thing.

Then those missions needs a nerf if we want relic multi cracking to be a thing. Don’t want Neptune Exterminate to be better than capture do we? 

They're WAY too slow.
With the fastest comp we could get, an exterm took ~7 min. 7 mintes for one relic. That's a joke, even survival of all things is faster. The visual vomit happening all over the place isn't helping much either.  

Please delete railjack and start fixing the game or making content that has replay value, thanks

Thank you DE for this new content.  The void storms:

• Nice to have a credit farm outside of the index
  • Takes a bit long for just ONE relic
  • Too much random/unavoidable damage (kills sentinels even maximally tanked ones)
  • Drop tables will hurt replayability after "big ticket items" are earned

Not every mission needs to be the most optimized for one thing.  E.g., if we want to crack relics the quickest, run Fissure Captures.  Credits, Index.  But it is REALLY NICE to have a mission that does both, even if not the most optimal for both things.

• The visual effects need to be toned down. I usually play with particles at max settings without being too bothered but void storms are a bit much in their current iteration
  • Void sinks, as they are now, are needlessly frustrating. Not challenging or fun, just frustrating. They often spawn directly on top of the player, blowing up instantly without a chance to dissipate them. They're also near constant, to the point where I'm not sure it's even worth shooting them since another  3 or 4 void sinks will replace the one I just shot. They could use some considerable tweaking.
  • As for rewards, there're a couple different points here:
  1. Opening only one relic per mission makes void storms inherently less efficient than void fissures, while considerably increasing the time and effort needed to do so (in a game about grinding efficiently). Either allow multiple relics to be cracked per mission (and not just to select a single reward as was suggested in the devstream) or reduce the completion time down to 5 minutes to match the average of void fissures (this is already possible in SOME void storms, when no secondary objectives spawn, just make void storms have OPTIONAL secondary objectives and make it so the minimum time to complete the mission is 5 minutes)
  2. The additional void storm rewards are not an incentive to do the missions. Sevagoth and Epitaph rewards should have duplicate protection or be removed from the drop tables entirely, and this should also be carried over to other drop tables with rewards that are only required twice at most. After all these years it is high time we had a deep review and revisit to how rewards are handled in the game, covering better scaling rewards, duplicate protection, drop table dillution, etc.

TL;DR: Tone down the visuals, make void sinks less punishing and frustrating, make void storms equal or better to void fissures in terms of efficient relic cracking, and have a serious conversation about reworking your rewards system in the game

I've lost count of the number of Neptune/Pluto/Veil Void Storm runs I've done, but I still don't have all Sevagoth parts:

6 8 Systems

5 Chassis

0 (Zero, as in None) Neuroptics.

Is the tRollNG really trolling me that hard?

Heads back into game...

Alot people have issues with the length of the void storms but im thinking it mainly due to the objectives that you need to disable before  going in the ship, mainly hacking a console and wait for cy to crack through.

And it comes down to the drones that slow down progress until destroyed. They tend spawn in a way off area in the map to the point that it's basically it playimg hide and seek and when your done killing them another batch comes and stalls.

The drones need spawn in more constant distance from the player as areas like moa factory are ludicrously big and neednto possible have chance to drop a data key like in the vallis whennyou free solarian prisioners to possibly regain lost progress from hunting them down

Pleeeease make Sevagoth available from some other mechanism. I've done a dozen void storms now and received zero Sevagoth parts. For that matter, I've received two radiant relics. The drop rates are just not fun for the amount of time required to do the missions - often solo, which means even more pain because a lot of the RJ missions are horrible solo, especially if you try to use an AI pilot :(

I don't know if other players are having this problem but after playing several void storm missions and opening my relic and returning to my orbiter to craft some of the parts i acquired, come to find out that all the rewards that i had chosen are not in my inventory.....my relics opened and were consumed and no rewards was given.....i opened about 7-8 before checking my foundry.

Wasted a good couple of hours and about 900 void traces. 

DE PLEASE ADDRESS THIS.

WE WILL HAVE NO INCENTIVE TO PLAY VOID STORM MISSIONS IF OUR REWARDS ARE DELETED.

On 2021-04-14 at 8:43 AM, Vit0Corleone said:

My feedback:

- Void Storms are plagued with way too much visual clutter and screen shaking. That would be fine for a one and done type of thing, but for something intended to be repeated over and over, it's not nice. I generally avoid disabling anything that contributes to immersion, but for the first time in years I had to disable screen shaking and tweak graphics settings to try to mitigate the overwhelming visual noise.

- Void Storms are not a interesting alternative to regular fissures. On a farming game, people will always take whatever gives best rewards in the least time possible. Void Storms take too long to complete for the rewards it offers. There's just no reason to farm Void Storms when we have regular fissures that can be completed way faster.

Some suggestions that wouldn't be too complicated to implement ( I know you didn't ask, but .. ):

* Consider duplicating or even triplicating the void traces we get from Void Storms

* Consider allowing us to open one relic per objective. E.g., Railjack phases would be one relic opened, on foot extermination another one, a POI another one ..

* (personal opinion) Sevagoth blueprints being on the reward table is only polluting the table once you get them all. Would be preferable if they were somewhere else ..

On a ideal scenario, I would absolutely love to see Gian Point style of Railjack only missions where we could crack relics.. that would be a game changer.. even more if they were endless missions.

I just wanted to add a bit more feedback after doing lots of Void Storm missions on Corpus proximas.

All I wrote above still very much applies on some missions, especially the one where we have to find and kill the disruption drones.

But plain Corpus exterminate missions that do not have this secondary objective, have actually been quite enjoyable in a team and OK in terms of rewards.

A  team can complete this in less than 5 minutes, including the bonus objective, and the rewards IMHO are worth the extra minutes - credits, endo, traces,  and radiant relics does make a big difference. Solo would of course be different, but one should not be cracking relics solo anyways.

As far as I'm concerned, based on the time to complete and rewards, I would say that with a team it's very much worth it to run these missions.

random "press that button" before an extermination doesn't make a mission interresting. We already had to farm them intensively to get penta carmine and the nautilus, the new railjack weapons and hull, and now again with just an additionnal pain in the neck, for a reward that you'll need only once*, oh and I forgot part of it at low level / even worse "other rewards".

tbh I'm getting bored of railjack being just a taxi, it just feels like a way to slow us down. At least Gian point was space combat, and Giant point void fissure would have been bearable (hack a crewship or two to get reactants and kill the rest, less than 6min, for the 10% drop chances and crack a relic...)

*twice to feed the helminth with Sevagoth and keep one.

Void Sinks no longer damage crew or companions as of 30.0.4 (PC). Very welcome change. They also took out the vaulted relics, which is fair enough as that was obviously an oversight. It'd be cool to have some vaulted relics in Void Storms, but obviously you'd want complete sets available. Small thought: how about having the Baro Ki'Teer relics also available here (e.g. Aklex Prime, Odonata Prime).

Also, I can't find it in the patch notes anywhere, but I'm fairly sure they upped the enemy count in some of the grineer missions. In particular I'm fairly sure the Ship Killer Platform has more enemies in than before (this applies both to regular RJ and to Void Storms). So if the Ship Killer is the PoI, you shouldn't have trouble getting reactant from it now (at least while solo; some problems remain for group play). I think the Asteroid Hanger might still want a few more mobs.

Minor gripe, but I notice when running back to back RJ missions, you don't actually receive any of the end of mission rewards until you head back to the dock. In particular, this means that if you have received Void Traces (as you do quite often from Void Storms), and you wish to use these to upgrade a relic, then you have to first go back to the dock to receive the Traces; you can't go straight from one mission to another.

• My main issues with the voidstorms are the green swirly visual affect around the screen, would be nice if it was toned down.
  • Other than shooting the rifts to make them go away there doesn't seem to be much else regarding their mechanics? E.g. do I get any focus or something shooting them before they blow up? Would be nice for some added depth, granted I don't know if the system is complete e.g. I'm imaginging some form of mission where you fly into a voidstorm to fight Corrupted fleets in an RJ equivalent of an Invasion mission.
  • The missions can be long though some of that is dependent on missions types e.g. Picking an Exterminate mission and skipping the optional objective would be quicker than picking a Volatile one. With that in mind I don't know if that needs changing as it's on players to pick how they approach things and what mission they choose. The only place I can see this being an issue is in public missions with players who will have conflicting ways of how they want to run things. Because of this having RJ only missions which involve fighting enemy ships ONLY (no mandatory ground mission, the optional ice mine/freighter can stay or even have two optional points in these missions) is needed even if they are Void Storm exclusive and therefore not available all the time. It's something players have brought up repeatedly since Corpus RJ was introduced and seems to be being ignored but it's something that needs to be added back as being a part of the line up of RJ missions even if it's limited as I previously mentioned.
  • I don't have as big of an issue with rewards as you get an item from a relic, materials, a nice amount of credits plus whatever bonus drops. It's nice to have an alternative credit grind and longer play (optional objectives included = more mats, creds, items etc). On the other hand I do understand why some players are concerned about the rewards, outside of going there when I need credits I don't know if voidstorms in their current iteration will be something I do regularly. I do prefer it to index though.
  • I feel like this content is mainly aimed at new players or players who are inbetween newbies and veterans - i.e. haven't maxed and forma'ed everything a million times overs, haven't got everything in the codex, sit around testing out the meta and crunching numbers, and haven't steamrolled Steel Path. I think for new players/middle of the road players the content is fine, I can see why vets might have some of the complaints they do. Granted they have everything already more or less so some consideration for added Steel Path RJ content and Steel Path exclusive content probably needs to have some thinking done on it.
  • There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between what players generally wanted from Corpus RJ/RJ 3.0 and now voidstorms vs what we actually want. We seem to be getting RJ 3.0 in increments with Queenpins on the way at some point so I'm guessing there will be more changes in the near future? So perhaps some clarity on letting us know that the overall update is coming in increments might help with some of the kneejerk reactions to things and more balanced feedback over the next few months as the full picture comes into frame.

I enjoy the chaos of Void Storms but the damage dealt seems a bit excessive for how easy it is to get hit. There is a LOT to pay attention to and it's a bit hard for me to adjust to the mayhem.

I note that running into a sink deals 50 defense-ignoring damage that penetrates both shields and armour on top of its other damage, whereas allowing one to detonate naturally does not. This seems backwards to me; I should think actively trying to avoid them by moving around (in a game about parkour space ninjas...) would be incentivised over standing still and letting them explode on you.
As it is, attempting to move around too much results in you constantly taking unblockable "chip damage" that whittles you down over time.
I personally think and find that frames with high health rather than shields or armour are the way to go here, as it makes weathering those 50 damage chips much safer. I have been finding success with Inaros and Grendel as they can also heal themselves.

You seem to be able to avoid voidsinks by running fast enough that their spawning can't keep up and you leave them behind by the time they go live; I think this is intended? It does falter a bit in multiplayer where if the Tenno in the front is too far ahead of the others those behind will get hit by sinks spawning around those in front even if they're outpacing those spawning around themselves.

I do note that the mode is very stressful to play. I was doing some runs with my BFF and by the end we were extremely overwound and actually started to fight a bit, which we do maybe once every couple years on average.
Though I love me some brutal gameplay and it pains me a bit to say this, I think toning down the difficulty a tad might be a good idea since Railjack is still very much best enjoyed in multiplayer and keeping the gameplay more generally-palatable would make it much easier to find a group willing to play.

I don't particularly care about void storms being the NEW OPTIMAL FARM!!!! but opening only one relic for a 7-8 minute mission feels quite silly (I was actually assuming from the get-go we'd be opening multiple at once, and was stunned when I was in fact only prompted to choose one relic!), and seeing "Alloy Plate x 2000" (among other literal garbage) in the rewards after completing a very long, hectic mission makes me feel like I've been pranked. The Void Trace drops feel pretty appropriate for what they are but they don't really drop frequently enough for my liking. Radiant relics are nice I guess but I'd usually rather have the traces. (Also please stop polluting drop tables with blueprints!)

New Lotus lines are always great! It's actually funny hearing the new Storm-specific lines next to the old Void Fissure lines; it really shows how Rebecca has grown into the role over the years.

I am always here for difficult content in this game and have enjoyed my time facing the Void's wrath even if it might need a bit of tuning to get the pacing just right. Also note that there do appear to be Mechanics to the storms I don't understand yet so it's likely I'll adjust more to the gameplay as I go.

SIDE NOTE: I'm loving the unified U30 feedback board, please do this again! :D

Archived