Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your favorite weapon and why?

RazerXPrime

Hi all, was just kind of wondering what people like and why. It doesn't have to be the best or the most efficient weapon. In fact it can be a weapon you hardly use due to usability issues, but still strikes your fancy as a design.

For me? I really like the gaze. I like beam weapons. Both primary and secondary gaze weapons are high on my list. It's definitely not the strongest weapon in the game, although the gaze secondary melts steel path enemies.

I would personally love a continuous beam weapon that ramps up in size the longer you hold down the weapon. A bit like the Cortege, but with a beam that gets wider over time. Because let's be honest, we need a kamehameha weapon... a real one. Well I do at least. 😅

So let'er rip.

one piece anime otaku GIF

Favorite weapon? Easily the Exergis shotgun. 

first off, I love shotguns. I love big damage, I love one shots, and I love knowing that whatever poor grineer meets my gauss will be sent through the moon in the next shot. 

You may say “yea but a lot of guns have high upfront damage” but you’d only be slightly correct. Only one gun in the game has a higher base damage value, and that is the Velocitus Archgun. Where the Velocitus specs towards crit, the Exergis stands as one of the few remaining shotguns that can hit 100% status per projectile. What does this add up to?? 

my current Exergis build utilizes a riven allowing for 95k damage per shot (in the build menu. Actual damage varies obviously in game).  100% status for the 15 projectiles leads this gun to almost always one shot anything under 150, and the times it doesnt, lets just say it never takes more then 2 shots. 

Sure, it only has one shot in the magazine, but I play Gauss so who cares about reload times anyway xD 

Right now is the Epitaph. Great ammo economy, incredible versatile due being an amazing hybrid depeding on the shot, but the part that metls my heart it's like it behaves kinda similar to the Pencha scaffold and Dissic scaffold at the same time.

I'm mostly an operator player, but Epitaph + Xaku makes me feel almost the same as playing operator plus all the benefits from a frame, to the point I'm trying to play anything as frame again. The most funny thing for me was Xaku alt helmet being almost the same as my operator hair I've used since long ago, even without Xaku in game, so it's like my operator being a quick skeleton that melts everything on his path, wich is hilarious and amazing at the same time.

Quellor. It's really a wonderful weapon. The primary fire is weak but has good status chance, so you can use it to soften up enemies by applying status procs like Viral/Heat/Corrosive. The alt-fire hits like a truck, has a giant crit chance, punches through groups, and has a forced Impact proc. Since it's a charge attack it skirts around the fire rate cutoff for Internal Bleeding, so you can stack Fire Rate and still be right under the limit for that juicy 70% Impact→Slash proc chance from Internal Bleeding. It can feel pretty anemic without fire rate mods, but with Vile Acceleration it peps right up. I got lucky though, since I lucked out and got an almost-perfect Riven for it: +FR/+CD/+Cold/-Ammo Max. Even with two fire rate mods the 300-round magazine still lasts forever, and the long reload really isn't a big deal once you get used to it. The only downside right now is that it's unpopular, so if DE buffs the Disposition again I'll go from my comfy 2.49 Fire Rate on the alt-fire to over 2.5 and have to drop Internal Bleeding.

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

Right now is the Epitaph. Great ammo economy, incredible versatile due being an amazing hybrid depeding on the shot, but the part that metls my heart it's like it behaves kinda similar to the Pencha scaffold and Dissic scaffold at the same time.

I'm mostly an operator player, but Epitaph + Xaku makes me feel almost the same as playing operator plus all the benefits from a frame, to the point I'm trying to play anything as frame again. The most funny thing for me was Xaku alt helmet being almost the same as my operator hair I've used since long ago, even without Xaku in game, so it's like my operator being a quick skeleton that melts everything on his path, wich is hilarious and amazing at the same time.

Ahh haven't tried that new weapon yet. Makes me want to give it a swing.

Scourge. When ive discovered Inaros for me, i wantet to have weapons that fit to his style. I first went with a bow but didn't like it. Then i tried the Scourge with Harrow Noble and it was just perfect. Now i played so mutch with it, that Warframe dosent feel like Warframe to be without that sound.

I have a few favorites for different reasons.

• Hek for having one of the most satisfying firing sounds in any shooter I've played. It's design is solid enough that you can feel the kickback.
  • Akarius with Mirage. Seeing a massive barrage of homing missiles blast a dropship out of the sky or clear a room never gets old.
  • Fragor Prime. Has fantastic crit chance/damage and enough status to make it worth running both CO and BR. Arbitration drones don't stand a chance.
  • Hema has my favorite reload animation and mechanic. I'm a real sucker for life-steal gameplay so to have a gun following that theme in both firing and reloading gives it a special place in my heart.
  • Silva & Aegis Prime. You have a mace of fire, what more is there to say?
  • Dex Pixia (Prime). In the same vein of Akarius, it's incredibly satisfying to destroy dropships as a tiny pixie. I sometimes go to the Plains exclusively for vault unlock and camp defense bounties.

And of course:

5 minutes ago, TsukuyomiNoGeki said:

Lenz with mirage

Zymos, the headshots are enjoyable and rewarding. You get higher damage, a special animation on the enemy, a special VFX, homing projectiles bursting out of your target to attack nearby enemies, and these homing projectiles also explode dealing damage and play additional VFX.

I also like the crunchy sounds it makes when it explodes in my enemy's head.

For me, the Fulmin is the #1 weapon I use. Its silent in its "boom" mode, so I can wander about and shoot enemies without alerting any others. It also does a fair amount of damage, with punch-through so I can also kill many at once. That's always satisfying. And when "boom" is not suitable, I can flip it to full auto "dakkadakka" mode. It also doesn't use ammo, which is a plus sometimes.

But for "not used much" weapons, there's the phantasma - not for its boring beam primary fire (dull, and I can't stand wierd wiggly beams), but for its secondary. Fire a grenade that explodes (cool) into 5 homing missles (cooler!) I love to stand up high and just rain "boom-whoosh-bang" death on everything.  The Ogris also fulfilled this desire to blow things up at a distance, though i'd never take it into battles that requires movement, defence type ones on the other hand - just beautiful.

Then there's the "never used but still love" - the Baza. Silent fire, nice fire rate, and a truly lovely sound, but too many feeble limitations DE put on it, like a a bad fall-off.

13 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Ahh haven't tried that new weapon yet. Makes me want to give it a swing.

Keep in mind that is a strong weapon, but obviously outclassed by a lot of other secondaries. I've put 8 forma on it (1 by mistake) and the exilus adapter and I don't regret anything, I'm in love.

You're making me pick one. You devil. 😛

I'll do my top... whatever it ends up being. Consider them all my #1.

1) Tiberon/Tiberon Prime: Burst fire is best fire and Tiberon just thunders. I used it since back before it was a crit monster (8 Forma on the base form, all raw damage, just to make it work). I've not found another burst rifle I love as much.

2) Latron Family: If my 57+ reroll (and counting) Riven doesn't tell you how bad I want this gun to work, idk what will. The base Latron/Latron Wraith have a nice, crisp shot to them. And I love DMR rifles, so when I got Latron Prime I instantly painted up like a VSS Vintorez with some gold trim.

3) (Ak)Lex/(Ak)Lex Prime: I haven't found another pistol set that thunders like these, does good damage, and just cracks skulls like these. With a simple, but nice, design to boot.

4) Guandao Prime: Specifically Prime on this one, because my favourite historical weapon is a naginata (or, as I like referring to it "the sword-on-a-stick"). I have a small issue with attack anims for polearms, but by and large it's just perfect.

5) Jat Kusar: It's a kusarigama blowtorch, a kusarigama blowtorch. I see nothing not to love.

6/7) Sigma&Octanis and Galatine(Prime): Can't forget my swords. Sword&board with a great stance (Final Harbinger), or the sweeping grace that Galtine and Tempo Royale give, both on top of great designs.

I could ramble about my fav weapons all day, there's so many to love, so many great designs, on weapon types I already love.

Im going to mention a few because they either have some very cool mechanic i like or are unique in some way.

Currently my main Primary and go-to for the majority of missions has been the Ferrox. Its primary fire acts like an Opticor Vandal and its Alt-Fire acts as a great secondary Crowd control tool which i can leave in one edge of the map wile my Zephyr`s Tornado control another side. Since i often run with the Catchmoon, it combos well with it allowing me to quickly group up enemies, apply status then kill them all with very few shots. Cant wait to grab the QueenPin variant. <3

Spoiler

Ferrox alone in Steel Path VS Corpus. Viral + Electric:
https://i.imgur.com/iclsuVF.mp4

Secondary i really like the AkMagnus , its a gorgeous gun with a substantial damage, crit and status change. The only downside being the low mag and slow reload speed. Really dreaming with its Prime variant. <3

Again another secondary that i really like is the Staticor. Its a very Unique weapon with its firing and charge mechanic. The only downside is that its projectiles are very slow which limit both its performance and range. Looking forward to see either a Vandal or Queenpin variant. <3

For the Melee weapons my special favorite the Skana Prime which i have been using for quite a wile now. Since i got a neat Riven for it giving +Crit Chance and +Electric, i build it in a way i often take it even to Steel Path missions and mow down enemies.

Im also very fond of Daggers and have a Full Crit Balla Dagger i made back in the begining of PoE update which i love. Being able to add Skins to it was the best thing. <3

Kuva Quartakk, you just can't go wrong with a four barrel assault rifle.  I was a fan of the regular Quartakk and the Kuva just improves upon it in just about every way.  A well placed quad shot can bring down even high level, armored enemies; while full auto just rips through weaker ones with little effort.  Precise and heavy hitting, it's just a well rounded, versatile weapon.  I would have preferred a select fire button rather than it being based on if you're aiming or not as it can be a little finicky, but it's still my go to weapon for just about any occasion.   

For a secondary I really liked Kuva Dubba Twin Stubbas, while recently I gave the Pyrana Prime a go as I had mistakenly purchased the Zundi pistol skin thinking I could use it on the Stubbas because seriously, why shouldn't you be able to use a pistol skin on dual pistols? However since that isn't the case, the Pyranna was the only weapon I had lying around that the skin would go on and not wanting to have that plat go to waste, I gave it a real go rather than just MR burning it which was the original plan.  I've so far come to really like it.   It's clip is a bit too low for my liking, and its quirk is a bit touch and go on high difficulties, but over all it's a damn fine pistol.  Feels good to shoot and tears through stuff as a shotgun pistol should.  And its quirk forced the Zundi skin onto the second ghost pistol so there is literally no reason for that skin to be single pistol only and I will never stop being salty about that.

With guns, I've gotten used to wall-glitching with splash damage, huge AOE, overblown animations and giant explosions.

Recently it moved into auto-aim and unlimited ammo.

Though from day 1 it was always hard to enjoy a single target weapon, in a 'trash mob' game. Even something as the recoil, projectile animation and sound effects, add to the satisfaction of using a weapon.

So, mostly every assault rifle, shotgun and pistol, in the whole game, are out.

For melee it's different. With melee I can still use something that simply looks good or has a secondary effect, that isn't just maximum destruction per second.

Though since I am basically just doing sortie and daily steel path now, it often does come down to amount of damage.

One melee weapon that will always be special to me is the rakta dark dagger, the faction one. When I started playing, 3 years ago, first thing I noticed, was energy consumption being a problem. That was literally the first thing I took note of, in the whole game.

So right out of the gates I started looking for ways to regen energy, not wanting to be dependent on orbs. It made me decide to go after trinity first, do operator and zenurik, for the sole purpose of power restore and finally get the rakta dark dagger.

Then if you slap radiation status attack on there, you restore shields and overshields, while you restore power even passively by other people's kills.

I love the concept of weapons doing more than just damage like that, there isn't reason why the game couldn't have a whole bunch of fun, extra mechanics, instead of just numbers.

Archived