Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Tempestarii: Hotfix 30.0.6

[DE]Megan

48 minutes ago, TTraw said:

Is it added on top of the current drain mechanic, or replaced with?

Checked it myself. It is replaced and not added  on top.

But one thing they didnt mention is that the energy drain still doubles as the range increase - meaning they increased enery drain by 50% at max... This is terrible.

52 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Sevagoth’s Gloom now consumes 0.75 Energy per second (base) for each enemy within Glooms range. Equip Efficiency Mods (Streamline, etc) to reduce!  NOTE: there is another planned change which missed this build, which prevents the energy cost from increasing to 1.5 per enemy, and caps the drain at a maximum of 10 enemies. Look for that in the near future..

It. Drains. Too. Much. Energy. We simply don't have enough mod slots to counter balance all the short comings. This what plagues Equinox aswell, too much energy drain and getting killed under cast animations in higher difficulty missions. Fix this.

8分钟前 , --RV--arm4geddon-117 说:

Awesome change, but while you are at it can you have a look at grendel energy drain and ember 2nd ability? at max eff ember shows 2.5 but it exponentially grows in time , many other frames have damage mitigation abilities which aren't even draining per second, if nothing else the 2.5 on ember should stay consistent for as long as one has energy and not exponentially scale to even 20/30+ en per sec. Grendel could use some love as well on his first, maybe give him the 10 enemies cap too?

These little tweaks are a step in the right direction but i see all the feedback on his shadow form being cluncky etc, the poor damage on his 2nd, the request for being recastable, wonky hitbox while clawing and many other aspects weren't mentioned. I hope they will be addressed because those issues have been mentioned in over 80% of the feedback

What you said is corrent. But sadly 0.75 energy/s is before it's expansion. Then his Gloom expand to max range its 1.5 energy/s, which is x1.5 than before. And you barely find situation when there is less than 10 targets within range except running from tile to tiles.

I have tested this in game, and he is even more energy hungry actually.

13 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

The way it works is that the ability costs us nothing when there are no enemies in the AOE.

.75 is the base cost per enemy in the AOE. The cost goes up to 1.5 per enemy in the AOE when the radius of the AOE reaches its max range. If the limit of 10 is to be believed, then that means the new channeling cost of the ability when 10 enemies are in the radius is 15 per second, or a 50% increase in cost from what it was at launch.

That might not have been so bad IF Zenurik dash functioned still like it does with Pacify. But it doesn't. When an enemy steps into the AOE while you have the Zenurik dash buff on, the energy recovery completely stops, and you begin draining energy again.

Further, the drain/second is still affected by duration, like a normal channeling ability, not like Pacify. So, the ability kind of now favors a Narrowminded build, to shorten the radius of the AOE so you can maintain the life steal effects easier for yourself.

Wow that is a way harsher nerf than i thought gloom would get considering the build requirements to make it overpowered are very high.

hace 52 minutos, ---Swaggi--- dijo:

Dont see the sense here since it was already a very energy hungry ability...

Ok after bit of testing when u wanna use Gloom now your build must have max Efficiency or freaking low range so not much enemies will be empty your energy bar. 

Previously i ran a build with 155 Duration, 130 Effi and Rage and that worked pretty fine. This build absolutely doesnt work anymore. I ran out of Energy continously... Pretty sad... 

With max Effi (175%) and Rage its kinda useable again but a max Effi no Primed Flow (187 Energy then) Build doesnt really work either now. Unless you bring full Set of Arcane Energize and subsumed Ability like Dispensary and/or Sahasa Kubrow alongside with you.

So that change made the modding pretty unhealthy since in order to use Gloom properly you either recast it frequently or you have to run a high Efficiency Build with additional Energy Sources (e.g. Arcane Energize, subsumed Dispensary, Sahasa Kubrow Ability).

From my POV this change was not really neccessary. As i said in my first line it was a already Energy hungry Ability and running with a negative Efficiency (<100%) made the ability already kinda useless because of its tremendous energy consumption over time. In order to compensate that you already needed to take certain measures to use it properly.

Now you made took that to a whole other level which appears like arbitrariness. 

I suggest either halve the additional energy consumption or revoke it.

Thx

Agree completely. It was already a energy hungry ability, and now it is even more. Do you want us to use the frame or do you want us to not do it? 

hace 45 minutos, Okayane dijo:

I just finished testing with 160% efficiency and the drain for 10+ ennemies within range is waaaay too much.

It has to be 175% and even that limit is way too much... As another guy said, awful at best.

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Wow that is a way harsher nerf than i thought gloom would get considering the build requirements to make it overpowered are very high.

Apparently they missed some important things in their hotfix though, so remains to be seen what the end results will be. Right now, my build is probably not going to change. Narrowminded destroys Sow, and makes soul well almost impossible to generate. So, hopefully the things they missed will turn this nerf into a proper buff.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Sevagoth’s Gloom now consumes 0.75 Energy per second (base) for each enemy within Glooms range. Equip Efficiency Mods (Streamline, etc) to reduce!  NOTE: there is another planned change which missed this build, which prevents the energy cost from increasing to 1.5 per enemy, and caps the drain at a maximum of 10 enemies. Look for that in the near future.

This change looks interesting, I never thought that gloom would fit better on my assimilate build, but I guess I was mistaken! Can't wait to test and see if it works as nice as I think it will.

il y a une heure, [DE]Megan a dit :
  • NOTE: there is another planned change which missed this build, which prevents the energy cost from increasing to 1.5 per enemy, and caps the drain at a maximum of 10 enemies. Look for that in the near future.

•  

OH ok.... so......... you guys made an unfinished change that make the entire skill and sevagoth  himself unplayable and you're not even gonna fix it in the few hours ? are we gonna wait another 24h ?

Archived