The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sisters of Parvos is the perfect chance for a true multi-barrel spinning minigun

_Urakaze_

An idea that has come and go for the past few years, the addition of a minigun-like weapon.

And before you ask, I have Imperator vandal and supra vandal, so don't tell me to try modding other guns because no, they don't feel like a minigun.

It's like telling:

a car guy the 911 Turbo S and GT2RS are the same

a PC builder an i5 and i7 CPU are the same

a chef lime and lemon are the same

it's not the same

With that out of the way, the most appropriate way to add such a gun would be a suitcase-minigun transformer as a new heavy weapon.

some feature suggestions:

• 3 or more barrels (IRL ones commonly have 3, 6 and 8 barrels for reference)
  • base fire rate of 30 or more for the brrrrrt
  • preferably a crit weapon because high fire rate already compensates for low status chance
  • most likely fires energy projectiles because corpus, however opticor-esq laser would be pretty refreshing to see as well

A Corpus minigun would be cool (that new one Vertec units have is nice), but I see Miniguns as being more of a Grineer thing, for a few reasons:

- Grineer tend to prefer having multiple barrels on their guns, look at Hek, Quartakk, Grattler, Sobek and a few others. 

- it might be a little easier to make such a high fire rate weapon a hitscan one, so that projectiles don't have to be animated, and potentially affect  the visual performance of the weapon. Grineer use ballistic hitscan weapons anyway, so it wouldn't mess with their theme either.

- when it comes to heavy weapons, the Corpus seem to prefer a single devastating shot at a time over saturating a target with lead. Opticor, Arca Plasmor and Penta are all slow, hard hitting weapons, meanwhile the grineer follow the opposite philosophy of "spray and pray"; they have many high fire rate weapons like Gorgon, Viper, and of course, the Grakata. a minigun is definitely more along the lines of the way Grineer wage war IMO.

ideally, my perfect Minigun would be of Grineer design, with pretty much all of the features you said, but crucially it would need a HUGE ammo capacity several thousand rounds: ideally it wouldn't need to be reloaded at all when used in Atmo mode, and just have a finite supply of ammunition. and of course, the firing sound is crucial: it needs to sound as A-10 Warthog as possible!

1分钟前 , (XBOX)CaligulaTwily 说:

I'd like it. But other Tenno that want a "Real Multibarrel Minigun" would probably be, disappointed? 

honestly as long as it's multi-barrel and spinning it's fine, the carrying method doesn't really matter that much.

That said I suggested heavy weapon for 2 reasons

1. it's big, and bigger is better
  2. holding from waist height is just the classic minigun posture

You can get it right after they finally release a chunky revolver skin that isn't comically goofy since that's been an evergreen request they haven't done yet either.

Yes, I'm looking at you Capstan Pistol skin...

If it's gotta be futuristic then go with something akin to the Chiappa Rhino or Vash The Stampede's  .45

Heck, they could release both in a reasonably priced skin pack and I'd  buy it in a heartbeat.

corpus weapon are so meh in general -.-

Grinners one are the most relevant and famous weapons. I think they need to re-think corpus weapons designs.

For more "sofisticated"...grinners weapons looks like has more technology than corpus one.

I hate it when people mention things like the Tenora as a minigun. A gatling gun is not the same as a minigun. This game needs a minigun. The new Corpus Railjack dude has a very minigun-esque rifle. And I need that.

Of course we have the arch guns like the Imperator. But those are arch guns. We need a primary minigun.

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

I hate it when people mention things like the Tenora as a minigun. A gatling gun is not the same as a minigun. This game needs a minigun. The new Corpus Railjack dude has a very minigun-esque rifle. And I need that.

Gatling guns are just the precursor of modern rotary cannons, of which miniguns are one. So while they are not the exact same, a minigun is classed as a Gatling-style cannon.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Gatling guns are just the precursor of modern rotary cannons, of which miniguns are one. So while they are not the exact same, a minigun is classed as a Gatling-style cannon.

Yes I know that. Like I said the Tenora is a gattling gun and so is the minigun, but a Tenora is no minigun. We need a minigun.

Let me know if that looks and feels like a Tenora.

7 hours ago, _Urakaze_ said:

An idea that has come and go for the past few years, the addition of a minigun-like weapon.

And before you ask, I have Imperator vandal and supra vandal, so don't tell me to try modding other guns because no, they don't feel like a minigun.

I know this is trolling, but the Cestra is a minigun

You all are missing a huge opportunity when you ask for Grineer and Corpus styled miniguns. What we NEED is a primed minigun: a golden, sharp, and sleek behemoth of a gun that chews up not only enemies, but also your ammo supply.

Obviously, this must be an Archgun (there's really no other way). If we have this much fire rate, we Tenno cannot be trusted with the modding options of primary weapons. Our power must be limited, lest we destroy all of the Origin System. But worry not, for we will be able to use this weapon not only on the ground, but also in the vacuum of space, as well as in the arms of our Old War Necramechs.

Finally, we cannot create a minigun that fires something as bland as bullets! No, no, no. We must couple this fire rate (the likes of which are unheard of) with a projectile type that has been long forgotten... the bolt!

That's right: I propose a Boltor styled minigun! This monstrous weapon will turn any foe into a wall-pinned porcupine! Destruction on a mass scale shall become the result of a single tool of the Tenno arsenal!

And once this weapon has been primed (and it shall, as it has been written in the ancient Orokin ciphers), We shall obtain, not a weapon, but the pinnacle of the war smith's art!

45 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

So wait, the Tenora isn't this? My mini-gun dream came true with that beast! I'm so confused now...

The Tenora is a single-barreled rifle.  What we want is tf2 heavy weapons guy.

Heavy | Team Fortress Wiki | Fandom

I don't think it's a Grineer or Corpus thing... Grineer multi-barrel guns are usually static/fixed like Hek and Quatz. I think miniguns are too sophisticated to have been engineered by Grineer and too crude to have been engineered by Corpus.

Nah... I really think the Tenno would have made miniguns (but not based on any Orokin design). It would be a pure Tenno-developed weapon with no prime variant (maybe a Dex or Prisma variant).

Well...the corpus already got a minigun like that. In railjack, the vertecs carry what is called a "rotary laser canon" in the codex. So thats the best you'll probably get. A spinning minigun in description only.

Archived