Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Tempestarii: TennoGen: Update 30.2.0

[DE]Megan

4 hours ago, Velaethia said:

So the augment is uselessl. If it didn't consume a mod slot then it might be situationally useful. Particularly in runs that have you keep moving like extermination. But other than that all it does is save a couple seconds of cast time of the cost of less teleport locations. As is I'd only use this augment if it was an exilus and on very few mission types. 

To get me and probably many other wisp players to actually use this mod it would need to 

A: only consume 1 reservoir slot.

B: increase strength of all buffs by 25% 

C: Add a 4th buff otherwise unobtainable from the other 3 such as energy regeneration or damage boost or invisibly. 

D: tripples the aura range and radius of 3 blind when cast on the fused resevior. 

E: Buff range is equal to affinity range of the wisp.

I don't agree.  Let's talk.

The augment is 200% of the cost in energy, for 3 functional casts.  This means the cost is 200% of base with a 300% casting.  That means you've got 67% of the total cost.  Additionally, there's a benefit where you have a single casting animation with 3 casts completed.  

This said, the downside is that you still have a cap on the amount of motes...so the maximum 6 quantity of motes is suddenly only two casts.  Ouch.  This then means that you also lose flexibility....because area control requires as much area control as possible.  

Let me suggest that this only needs one fix to be viable.  If each of the castings contained all three motes, you have a good mod.  Suddenly a wisp can cover all nodes in an interception with all benefits.  A wisp could reasonably cover multiple rooms in a survival.  A defense could have mote coverage for a huge distance from the objective.   This suddenly makes Wisp an unparalleled booster for the team, unbound by the limitation of multiple motes requiring a huge area coverage. 

The issue with having all three motes, and a 33% decrease cost, is that instead of an augment this becomes a straight up improvement.  So....DE decided to make it an "augment" by cutting out choice but keeping the cap on mote instances.  It's pretty much them deciding that a straight improvement isn't desirable, but instead of designing an augment that plays differently, they nerfed the demonstrated improvements by considering each cast as three items against your maximum counter....and thus was only marginal.

While I can see why you'd want the other things you've asked for...they're not required.  Likewise....they offer a change which could have made them augments.  If you halved the range of reservoir, but had all three bonuses, you've got full coverage for 6*(.25*PI*r2) or 1.25*PI*r2 while the default coverage range is 2*PI*r2.  This means the augment would have less total coverage area than by default, be 33% more energy efficient, but would mean more individual locations would get the boosts.  This is effectively the Octavia augment....where you get to have twice as many mallets with half the radius (meaning half the actual area coverage).   That would offer situation improvement, at the cost of overall area coverage.  Basically, augmenting rather than boosting things...  Kinda seems like the definition of what an augment should be.

Likewise, imagine if you lost 33% of the strength of each boost, but kept the area.  This would mean that you're trading off total boost strength with Wisp, but allowing for much greater coverage area (300%) you'd change how you used motes.  Motes would basically require full coverage area...but you'd have to balance the usage of the augment motes and regular ones to provide stronger bonuses where it's absolutely critical, and full but weaker boosts over more area.  That would augment how motes are used, or the definition of what augments should be.

So....my disagreement is that what you are asking for is not an augment, but a mod to improve the base ability.  You seem to be asking for things to be an improvement only, which is not the goal of an augment.  I think that nuance is lost in your request....though I'd be happy if this was somehow my misinterpretation.  

• Like 4

That Protea augment is some proper band-aid mod for a feature that players have been asking for several years. Wisp mod is great QoL addition, Zephyr mod has a very nice base duration with good enough base buff values to make building around the mod worth it, and the Grendel mod is cool I guess. 

Screenshot_20210513-090251_Samsung_Inter

Please, keep Kelpie as a disruption. And kappa as a spy. Just change their names.

Also... new player experience? Its sedna. One of the maps at the end of the star chart. Dont you guys think new players should play every game mode?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed not moving down in Archwing when pressing LB on the controller while holding the Tranq Rifle.

Wait... it was unintentional you couldn't go down, then? This refers to console but it's the same for me on PC.

4 hours ago, KesslerCOIL said:

Do you mean tennogen being available without the steam version? because it's unlikely DE will bother with that since very little of the playerbase uses the standalone launcher.

Source on that statement? Because playing thru Steam is really dumb, adding more drm, launcher combability is never a good idea. The only reason I see with not implementing the tennogen on standalone is because of Steam and their cut of the item price.

• Like 1

My god, I fear for the Wisp players complaining about this augment in this thread. What are you even doing with your Wisps. 

As someone who has to get Energy Conversion, Empower, Pax Bolt and Growing Power before I even cast a single mote, this augment is a godsend. The tradeoff of losing 15% PSTR is actually rather cheap for the QoL it gives me. Why people even thought it wouldn't take three mote slots is entirely beyond me too. It places all three motes at once, of course it will take three mote slots. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mara said:

My god, I fear for the Wisp players complaining about this augment in this thread. What are you even doing with your Wisps. 

As someone who has to get Energy Conversion, Empower, Pax Bolt and Growing Power before I even cast a single mote, this augment is a godsend. The tradeoff of losing 15% PSTR is actually rather cheap for the QoL it gives me. Why people even thought it wouldn't take three mote slots is entirely beyond me too. It places all three motes at once, of course it will take three mote slots. 

The definition of words is something you may want to stop and review for a moment.  The item being released is called an augment, not a band-aid or improvement mod.  The implication therefore is that these mods would provide an augmentation to the ability they influence, and change how it is used.

Now, the other half is that DE demonstrated the Wisp augment before....and demonstrated that it would only cost one mote cast.  This is transparency and honesty in demonstration of features....that DE sometimes fails at miserably.

Now, reviewing these augments again.  Which of them augments a power exactly?  Wisp has a 33% power cost reduction and 67% casting time reduction.  The "augment" is no negatives, because you can still cast individual reservoirs.  Protea gets a whole new ability...to resurrect sentinels.  Grendel gets new function to Nourish.  Even Zephyr gets a straight boost to damage from the new mod.  Exactly where is the augment part of these mods?  Hello?  Is DE unaware of their own requirements, definitions, and promises?  Like the one they made that augments were not supposed to be adding back basic functional elements and therefore were effectively required?

Ahhh....  We seem to have forgotten balance again.  DE simply allowed the mess that these things are to be.  It's not like they've already released augments for some of these frames that get the balancing act (Zephyr's Tornado).  It's not like they've got parallel augments that would exactly fit to force gameplay changes (Octavia's Mallet).  Heck, it's not even like they could have simply scanned their own database of mods and seem to have copy pasted the effects of another mod into an augment and called it a day (Grendel, Rolling Guard).

I'm a Zephyr main.  I don't do Grendel, and rarely do Protea.  I value Wisp for defections, where plinking down a haste mote at each station allows for us to expedite the process.  Now, despite this I'm going to let the Zephyr augment gather digital dust...because airburst is still garbage even with a straight up augment boost.  I can't deal with the "QoL" logic for Wisp....because it removes flexibility to save you virtually nothing.  Grendel and Protea augments seem to be useful....until you do any effort in reviewing whether they make sense.  What exactly then does this update bring?  Tennogen?  Yay....more requests for the customers to buy digital tat with a surprisingly high amount of real money.  This is why the most popular frame (Wisp), with the highest initially demonstrated promise (effectively 6 full booster cast locations active at once) is such a disappointment...while the other augments are for less used frames and therefore are simply ignored due to a lack of usage.  Calling people out because you feel like this is QoL is backwards...because if an augment gives you QoL without augmenting play it fails to be what it is...

• Like 5

Could we move Grendel's Catapult augment to his base ability? Hold LMB to boost. Its essentially mandatory as he gets stuck on small things all over the map. The boost from Catapult lasts too long and often leaves you boosting into a wall, unable to do anything until it finishes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

NEW WARFRAME AUGMENTS! 

Wisp: Fused Reservoir (Exilus): Reservoir

Adds a fourth reservoir that gives the effects of all three. Costs 200% more Energy.

I've been waiting for this augment since Wisp released but I got 2 issues with it:

1. Can we remove the "[PH]" in front of Universal reservoir?

2. Can we make the universal reservoir the one that is selected when we enter a mission?

• Like 1

Spoiler

Can we please get this old bug fixed, it's very distracting while playing, it happens whether I have weapon skins active or not. It even happens while I'm in my orbiters arsenal. :( 

While holding a primary, Non Railjack mission.

441350F5C6E2A6E370B1B9B45F7B3BDA429D159E

Aiming down the sights of a pistol and having the handle in my view is lets say unpleasant.

While holding a pistol, Railjack mission.

C8358323DBC974A02B9DD9AC9602DB4D2D307753

In arsenal.

A3571B293E7882B88E467BC08B456E6A80B25184

We need old bugs like this fixed because it's taking away from the game play when you have trouble aiming.

Thank you for the hotfix, keep up the great job, but please fix old bugs. ^

The above problem has been fixed because of @[DE]Momaw share it around to everyone that has had this same problem.

2EeLE.gif  

14 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Source

This happens because you changed the weapon's type by equipping a skin, but you didn't choose a compatible holster style.  The Scindo Prime is an Axe and uses different hand and holster positions than a Greatsword but you changed the weapon type to a Greatsword by using the skin. If you go into Holster settings and choose a Greatsword holster position, this will fix your weapon being out of position.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

###############################################
Sentinel Survivability

Sentinel Survivability Buff, please DE you keep adding new and more powerful enemies that can zap our Sentinels in one shot just about, even with Primed Regen on it, dead outright in the first few minutes into some high missions, especially horrid on high Corpus missions.

We need our Sentinel mods like our Companion mods made into Link mods so we can at least make them hopefully survive longer than 3 minutes into a 10 minute mission.

Warframe abilities and other healing methods that heal should also work on the Sentinels, it feels like you just don't care, yet you keep releasing new Sentinels that are just as bad as the old ones.

Not all of us want to run around with a Demios pet that cannot die outright and respawns over your head.

Can we please have an option for our Orbiters A B C for appearance like Warframes have that way we can switch between appearances.

Thank you for the fixes, still more to go. ;)

Edited by Slayer-.
added [DE]Momaw fix
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Hell yeah, Fused Resevior Augment for Wisp will make defection so much easier when you're the only wisp on the team.

Please make fused reserviors only use a single mote slot, right now it consumes 3, so I can only place 2 of the new reservoirs or 3 regular and 1 fused.

This makes placing reservoirs around the map much harder at the cost of only saving a few secconds.

Video of 3 reservoirs disappearing when you place 1 fused reservoir.

https://gfycat.com/tamerectangulargnat

Hello 16Bitman! This is by design.

• Like 5

I am really not feeling railjack's upgrade and gear system.

It is ridiculously time consuming to handle the wreckage and the fusion for meager results and personalization. Everything in the game is moddable but nothing on your ship is. This coupled witht he fact that you can't even chose to play with your own railjack makes the whole experience thorughly unenjoyable.

Add to that the tier system which makes you feel that one day T4 stuff will be available, making all your efforts moot and you have a recipe for not caring very much about it :/

Your pet has more flexibility and options than your expensive big-ass ship :/

Edited by Saucisse_Tartine
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hello 16Bitman! This is by design.

Then I am sorry to say that it is another useless augment, which is not worth the modslot.

Why would I EVER waste an exilus mod slot (which I can use for drift mods, QoL mods, or even primed sure footed) to save 3 seconds with no added benefit?

Is the only purpose of this mod to change "Hold 1, press 1, hold 1, press 1, hold 1" to "hold 1" ?
Do you not realize that the augment is then actively making other Wisp abilities worse, because wil-o-wisp and breach surge synergizes heavily with reservoirs?

Edited by Cerikus
  • Like 7