Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara Prime: Update 30.3 PC QOL Preview!

[DE]Rebecca

12 minutes ago, sixmille said:

I'm not sure it's a good idea to give new players nearly 1M credits, it delays the need to socialize and use the in-game chat, it creates drones not players who are invested in the game because they bond with others and use all the tools at their disposal.

...1 million credits isnt a lot 

how does it delay the need to socialize? "oh, can u help me farm credits?" ive never seen anyone asking to farm credits anyways 

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

In addition to your MOTD, you can now also have a much longer Clan and Alliance message displayed below! All display on the right hand side of the Clan screen in the ‘News’ Tab. The option to edit the MOTD and message below is available in this window for those with permissions to do so.

Can we have an option to make the MOTD sticky in clan chat?

12 minutes ago, Daken333 said:

...1 million credits isnt a lot 

how does it delay the need to socialize? "oh, can u help me farm credits?" ive never seen anyone asking to farm credits anyways 

You never see people looking for Index? That's the same thing.

I'm not really sure why the majority of this preview is showing off that after years in game the railjack experience is still getting fixes for it's bugs and poor design. Not really a hype people up kind of thing at this point. It is best to put that stuff at the bottom of a preview and make it brief.

14 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

So you explicitly mention the volatile missions where you have to move to hit weak points. What about Grineer Radiators where you have to exit the POI to kill them yourself because your crew won't?

I think you still have to destroy the things yourself, it's just that when you enter forward artillery the pilot points you to the weak points.

Just now, ArtanisOfAiur said:

I think you still have to destroy the things yourself, it's just that when you enter forward artillery the pilot points you to the weak points.

well that will continue to suck for solo players then. It just seems silly, the pilot can shoot the pilots gun but absolutely refuses to target radiators forcing you to run around like a headless chicken.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

“Leave Mission: You will keep mission rewards and XP earned to this point, but will disconnect from your squad. Are you sure you want to leave this mission?”

In my experience bonus XP and syndicate standing are lost when you do that (after mission complete). Is that intended or a bug?

27 minutes ago, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

Railjack would be an almost perfect thing, if you didn't remove Gian Point. I really just want a node where i can fly around and just kill stuff without ever leaving my Railjack, i think that was the reason a lot of us played it. It was just fun.

It was great, good team coordination and recuiting chat active too, but I think DE disliked the concept of space draco so it was doomed : /

3 hours ago, --Q--PyralisTT said:

Can we get more ranks or the ability to add more ranks? 
su3AAYR.png

For what purpose though? Most in-game clan ranks are quite useless with very few roles being truly important. Adding more ranks for a system that isn't exactly maintained often is hardly worthwhile. Most clans already have multiple filler ranks with fabricated rank-ups and fictitious purpose. There's really no reason to add even more, especially when the current rank structure is basically:

1. Leaders
  2. Recruiters
  3. Decorators
  4. Literally everyone else

What should be added are mechanics and features to make clans (and alliances) have real value in-game and in content outside of research and decorating. Currently the only thing that separates clans is their age with nonsensically locked retired research items that weren't removed, retired rooms, and a stats page hardly anyone views or looks at past the research tab. Most people have all their clan activity on Discord servers as well given the little communication and teamplay infrastructure in-game. Both clan-based Kingpins and leadership-designed missions seem to have been scrapped and those are the important things to add to the clan (and alliance) system.

2 hours ago, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

Railjack would be an almost perfect thing, if you didn't remove Gian Point. I really just want a node where i can fly around and just kill stuff without ever leaving my Railjack, i think that was the reason a lot of us played it. It was just fun.

Yes, this is what RJ should have as a base .. its a spacecraft not a space-uber .. shame as its really fun soloing around shootin stuff in RJ ..

With the lack of moddability of Liches, players are still not gonna swap their overpowered syndicate crew members with inferior liches. Please make their weapons moddable please, or if storage is an issue, let us swap their weapons with another Kuva weapon we have in the arsenal.

Also 2.2 GB for a QoL is suspiciously large. Is this a prep update for Sisters of Parvos *wink* *wink* ? I know you are gonna put some sisters assets in there too ya sneaky bastards.

Archived